Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #261
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Vanilla & virus's Short & Sweet tourney!

You 4 players (p4rty_b0y, Azafreak, WyndBlade, Ice Wolf) are probably going to make the Gurus division what it is. Have you guys noticed in most tournaments, Gurus don't even post more than half the time? If I have you guys competing in that division, more Gurus will compete also. + You guys shouldn't really do that bad. I mean PA FGO? Azafreak, You have Rank 13 on Holy Orders. You have a lot of other low double digit scores. You should be fine. You four players will just tear up Masters most likely. I think you four should be fine.

P.S. I LOVE this feedback I'm getting, I really, really appreciate it. If it sounds like I'm angered in any way, or anything or trying to be argumentative, I'm not. I'm just stating my point of view to see what everyone else is.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #262
p4rty_b0y
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to p4rty_b0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post
You 4 players (p4rty_b0y, Azafreak, WyndBlade, Ice Wolf) are probably going to make the Gurus division what it is. Have you guys noticed in most tournaments, Gurus don't even post more than half the time? If I have you guys competing in that division, more Gurus will compete also. + You guys shouldn't really do that bad. I mean PA FGO? Azafreak, You have Rank 13 on Holy Orders. You have a lot of other low double digit scores. You should be fine. You four players will just tear up Masters most likely. I think you four should be fine.
But the point being is we dont belong there.. so what if we tear up masters, Halo zero and OWA will tear up gurus and not even give us a chance. At least in masters we stand with people that are better and worse than us, in gurus we stand with all people better than us.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #263
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

That video shout out is an amazing prize, in
Masters, please.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #264
ElvisReborn007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4rty_b0y View Post
But the point being is we dont belong there.. so what if we tear up masters, Halo zero and OWA will tear up gurus and not even give us a chance. At least in masters we stand with people that are better and worse than us, in gurus we stand with all people better than us.
But who is giving everyone else in Masters a chance with all you 4 or 5 in there though? And if you say it'll just make them wanna try harder and get better, the same could be said about you guys being put into Guru. It's all about who wants the biggest incentive to get better and accept the fact that they may not be the best in their division. It's a tug-of-war that could go either way I think it all depends on how many people actually place themselves in Guru. If they get enough people in Guru to be competitive without there being complaints or issues, then I see no reason why they should be put in Guru in the first place though. Let it play out I guess

5th Official FFR Tournament - D3 - Placed 67th / 308

2nd Place in Divine God's Tournament (Intermediate)

Index player since Dec. 20th, 2004.
Currently attempting spread.

Best Index AAAs: Monstrous Turtles! ,{Rose}, Over the Frail Dream
Best Index FC: AIM Anthem
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #265
p4rty_b0y
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisReborn007 View Post
But who is giving everyone else in Masters a chance with all you 4 or 5 in there though? And if you say it'll just make them wanna try harder and get better, the same could be said about you guys being put into Guru. It's all about who wants the biggest incentive to get better and accept the fact that they may not be the best in their division. It's a tug-of-war that could go either way I think it all depends on how many people actually place themselves in Guru. If they get enough people in Guru to be competitive without there being complaints or issues, then I see no reason why they should be put in Guru in the first place though. Let it play out I guess
Yes but no one but who actually IS on a gurus level wants to be in gurus hints why all the people that belong is masters are complaining and all the people that belong is gurus arent...

and with the itll give incentive to do better.. Its a lot different when you know your cappable of touching someone elses scores.. But when you look at Halos or Zeros scores and then look at mine its like looking at the mona lisa and then a finger painting that some 3rd grader just did

Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #266
ElvisReborn007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yes but no one but who actually IS on a gurus level wants to be in gurus hints why all the people that belong is masters are complaining and all the people that belong is gurus arent...

and with the itll give incentive to do better.. Its a lot different when you know your cappable of touching someone elses scores.. But when you look at Halos or Zeros scores and then look at mine its like looking at the mona lisa and then a finger painting that some 3rd grader just did
Yeah I understand..there's only just so much you can improve right? O_o It would be more or less discouraging to know you could never win It makes sense to want to have a chance ^_^

Old 07-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #267
p4rty_b0y
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisReborn007 View Post
Yeah I understand..there's only just so much you can improve right? O_o It would be more or less discouraging to know you could never win It makes sense to want to have a chance ^_^
exactly and most of all the "guru" players have gotten their good scores by having the sun shine on a dogs ass.. i doubt that some of us could even get our highest scores if we tried again 100 times

Old 07-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #268
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
ok wtf.. im definately not gurus material... i will be in about a month but as for right now i cant PA shiiiiit on FGOs or any high FMOs for that matter
stop whining, we're putting you where we place you and that's final

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
Old 07-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #269
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Okay, I loved the feedback I got from all of you. Thanks, but as of right now. My final decision is to keep everyone where they are. Now, you can still PM/IM me about placements, just keep it off this thread for now. Thanks.

P.S. I really don't need sh** right now. Something just happened to my dad. We don't know what, but he's going to the hospital. It doesn't look too good. Remember, I'm only 15. A side, personal, note. I've already had a Sister die before. Please, just deal with it.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #270
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Okay, I loved the feedback I got from all of you. Thanks, but as of right now. My final decision is to keep everyone where they are. Now, you can still PM/IM me about placements, just keep it off this thread for now. Thanks.

P.S. I really don't need sh** right now. Something just happened to my dad. We don't know what, but he's going to the hospital. It doesn't look too good. Remember, I'm only 15. A side, personal, note. I've already had a Sister die before. Please, just deal with it.
I'm sorry I hope everything goes well, I'm 14 to so i get where your coming from with family members and stuff.

Top 3 finishes

2nd Place-Can you Beat Dragon's Fury Tournament (expert)
2nd Place-Dragon Fury's Team Tournament (advanced)
3rd Place-Phantom/Slayer Rock Fest (advanced)

This might be the stupidest comment I have ever heard in my life.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #271
TeknoRokr
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
.P.S. I really don't need sh** right now. Something just happened to my dad. We don't know what, but he's going to the hospital. It doesn't look too good. Remember, I'm only 15. A side, personal, note. I've already had a Sister die before. Please, just deal with it.
Best wishes to your dad Vanilla .
Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #272
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Stay strong man, and good luck to your dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
Old 07-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #273
p4rty_b0y
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

yeah my Dad died on the 14th of this month and i never knew him that well but trust me i can actually feel your worriedness? (if thats a word)

but yeah my best wishes

Old 07-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #274
ElvisReborn007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Best wishes to you and your dad! Hope everything turns out alright.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #275
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I hope you dad gets better Vanilla! <3 I lost a sister but its not the same as what your expieriencing becuase I wasnt even born yet and she died. She died at like 3 months old.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #276
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ic0slay3r Send a message via Skype™ to ic0slay3r

Hope your dad is alright best wishes for him.

On a tourney side note: why dont you do a 6th division Im pretty sure that will work. the skill range in the master and gurus division its really big, so that my best idea.

AAA:531
Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
# of BF: 42

-------
Old 07-31-2009, 12:44 AM   #277
xXDeltaXx
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xXDeltaXx

ico i was gonna say that =P it could work really well since there are too many masters signed up

Novice
Inter
Adv
Expert?
Master
Guru

Tournament Results:
1st Place Finishes: 5
2nd Place Finishes: 3
3rd Place Finishes: 2
Old 07-31-2009, 01:27 AM   #278
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Aw I'm sorry mate. I hope it ends ok.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:39 AM   #279
WyndBlade
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Requesting Jteh and kjwkjw to be moved up into guru or else they win masters easily. Also, just to reiterate, all D4ers will lose if even one D5 player posts a score that's mediocre for them unless we're lucky (like if our highest ranked FGOs were picked), but probably not even then. Counting on them not submitting a score because of past trends doesn't really seem like justifying a division jump for us since if they do, we get owned without any chance at all. I thought being in the right division was more about skill and less about luck. Also, I doubt it's because they're lazy or forget (which is the case sometimes), but that it would require a lot more effort than anyone would want to put into this game to get a better score...

Perfect example is gun's tournament: zero posts a score and the other gurus decide not to post since they know they can't do much better without spending a lot of time or just can't. We would be in Gilly's position (not being able to get close on kidney stone) but much worse since you know, we're in D4 for a reason and not D5. Also, about PAing FGOs, it should be more like PAing an FGO. We each have particular songs that we're good at (mine is cccp and aza's is holy orders), but we're still beat by a mile when compared to D5 players rather than D4. We will also never beat them on say, an easy FGO like FN or Ketsarku that they can low SDG or AAA in a couple of tries. I'm just saying, if one of them even bothers to post a score, it won't matter how well we do as p4rty said before.

tl;dr version: We're gonna get destroyed in Guru as long as one D5 player posts. If we were to be placed in guru, it'd be more about luck (D5ers not submitting at all through multiple rounds) and even if that did happen, it would just be us 4 battling it out as if we had been in masters the whole time except for without Jteh and kjwkjw. So like p4rty said, why not move us into a division where we have to try to advance instead of hoping that we get a bye into the next round instead? If your logic follows, we will be in the top 4 of each division no matter what.

PS: My condolences go out to you and your family. Hope everything is OK with your father.
PPS: I didn't proofread any of that **** up there so it'll probably have some mistakes, but you'll get the main idea. Just my thoughts on our placement and how things will go.
PPPS: Lol WC dick chesse

Last edited by WyndBlade; 07-31-2009 at 01:49 AM..
Old 07-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #280
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

NO **** YOU ******S I WANT TO BE IN ****ING INTERMEDIATE BUT NO YOU ****ING ****S HAVE TO GO AHEAD AND RUIN **** FOR ME BY PUTTING ME IN A HIGHER DIVISION. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK I CAN LAST MORE THAN ONE ROUND IN ****ING MASTERS? **** NO I CANT. ITS THIS KIND OF BULL**** THAT MAKES ME WANT TO ****ING QUIT THIS GAME BECAUSE OF ALL THE BULL**** PLACEMENT THAT HAPPENS IN EVERY ****ING TOURNAMENT I JOIN. SURE I ****ING DID OK ON SOME ****** ASS SONGS WITH SOME LUCK BUT **** I CANT DO THAT GOOD ALL THE TIME. I ****ING SWEAR I MIGHT AS WELL JUST QUIT FFR NOW TO SAME MYSELF ANOTHER WASTE OF A POST LIKE THIS . **** THIS TOURNAMENT AND **** YOU GUYS ****ING BULL**** PIECES OF DICK CHEESE SORE HEADED ASS MOTHER ****ING **** ****** BITCH TRICK.

thats all i have to say about that