Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #3181
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Blizzards current idea of balance is just not anything I can agree with. They are giving too many things to too many classes and ruining the uniqueness that a class brings to the table. Survivability is a joke now and it is way too easy for anyone to survive. Mistakes mean barely anything now as a healer can keep you alive basically forever. Games end with people dieing only a handful of times at most.

I enjoyed it a lot better when every moment mattered, every GCD could be a fatal mistake. They basically turned it into a skilless button mashing fighter as far as I'm concerned.

In order for things to be even close to fun again they would have to do something drastic like half the amount of healing possible and triple the current damage output people can do.

Another problem I have with my class in particular is that I don't even feel like a rogue anymore. More than half of the time I can't even be in stealth because all of the dots in the game have had their duration's quadrupled. Moonfire lasts a whole minute for fucks sakes. Other than that I am practically forced to use a stupid asspull ability such as burst of speed so that I'm not permantly slowed in combat so I don't even get to use shadowstep if I wan't to be competitive. My class has basically been reduced to running up to shit and whacking it for 5 minutes until hopefully enough people also whack the same target for it to die. Which may be never because heals are so retarded.

Last edited by Izzy; 12-23-2014 at 10:16 AM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #3182
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

sounds like you're the kind of baddie that tries to dps down a tank that has a dedicated healer

fun fact: if you dps the healers down, they die, and logic dictates that once people stop getting healed, they actually die sweet baby jesus what a foreign fucking concept

go back to your private server where you're Izzy Of The Horde But Seven Years Ago
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #3183
choof
Banned

"White Guy Here With Some Objective Analysis... *smacks lips* Hmm, Says Here That Everyone But Me Is The Problem." - Izzy, 2014
Old 12-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #3184
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
sounds like you're the kind of baddie that tries to dps down a tank that has a dedicated healer

fun fact: if you dps the healers down, they die, and logic dictates that once people stop getting healed, they actually die sweet baby jesus what a foreign fucking concept

go back to your private server where you're Izzy Of The Horde But Seven Years Ago
lol this post

PvP has been terrible in terms of balance for awhile now, especially with Blizzard removing the unique spells that you couldn't expect to see when in PvP combat. In order for PvP to be balanced in the retrospective view of BGs or Arenas, they'd have to bring back the unique talent tree and bring back all of those "this doesn't really do anything but when used correctly can be worth something" spells.

In Pandaria, I had my Paladin whom I mained PvP on (RBGS + Arenas) and specced him to be an Anti-Caster bruiser instead of the cookie-cutter bruiser Ret Pally build. Now in Draenor, there isn't that sense of speccing a character out based on what was on the battlefield.

Also cmon, WoW has been in a downward spiral since Wrath, this will probably be the last expansion you'll see these revered players still playing, because after this, WoW will never be in it's former glory as a PvPer.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #3185
choof
Banned

izzy's also been playing on a private server for years so there's still the muscle memory of doing shit that worked in BC

which doesn't work in WoD, because, well, there have been 4 expacs since then
Old 12-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #3186
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
izzy's also been playing on a private server for years so there's still the muscle memory of doing shit that worked in BC

which doesn't work in WoD, because, well, there have been 4 expacs since then
I'll agree with you about playing on private servers, because I always thought it was a stupid idea to play on one to begin with, but Izzy isn't the only one with the muscle memory about how mechanics worked in the past.

I really miss the old talent system and how every player was different in their own way (especially in PvP) but it was still being made a cookie-cutter for raids. I just miss being able to make a character specced against another type of class or even being able to try out new things. When I learned in Pandaria that Holy Pallies were OP as hell in Arenas because of the fear, it dawned on me that it was similar to being unique like back in the day but still offered that sense of "this is OP as hell, why don't I use this?" haha

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #3187
Izzy
Snek

Nothing you guys mentioned is even close to the problem. Even as the weakest dps in the game right now I top damage most of the time and get the most kills. The game is so dumbed down now anyway that it takes no time at all to relearn.

Quote:
Have you tried doing RBG lately? Just try taking down a healer when it is 3 healers on both sides in a giant cluster fuck and there are healers healing healers healing healers. The fight basically lasts the entire BG duration and almost nobody dies. Strategies for flag cap battlegrounds are to get there first and then hold it for the rest of the game just by preventing them from touching the flag because killing the people and taking the base isn't even an option most of the time.

Nobody should be able live through being attacked by 5 people for 15 minutes straight in my opinion. To me this feels similar to playing something like Halo except if Halo had healers and you were playing king of the hill and everyone was standing in a circle shooting at eachother in the head for 15 minutes until the team that stepped into the circle first won.

Last edited by Izzy; 12-23-2014 at 01:48 PM..
Old 12-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #3188
choof
Banned

i don't pvp dude
Old 12-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #3189
Izzy
Snek

obviously.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #3190
choof
Banned

pvp is filled with high schoolers and, well, people like you so it's just not a good experience
Old 12-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #3191
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

private servers are love

private servers are life

@sk me bout it

I'm da bes parkour master on the north side of the equator.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 12-23-2014 at 01:59 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #3192
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
pvp is filled with high schoolers
That is all of WoW.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #3193
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The PvP balance discussion has been done to death and you guys aren't even rehashing the best arguments for either side.
Honestly I expected better from this site.
Anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriormag17 View Post
Also @hi19, thanks dude! Expect us to do better in Blackrock Foundry. Lots of bad play this tier being weeded out.
I bet! Haha I was that guy who combed over logs after each pull/raid and reprimanded/kicked people who stood in the fire too much (memories of yelling at people who couldn't figure out how to not fall into tornadoes on Al'Akir *shudder*)
I can only imagine how much equal parts rewarding and obnoxious that would be when raiding at a world first level :P

I actually really like the system where there's two raids per tier like this, to let everyone sort their shit out and get on more or less even footing. While Highmaul clearly "mattered" it doesn't "matter" nearly as much as Blackrock Foundry will. Reminds me of Naxx being an entry-level raid while it was clear Sarth+3 was what "mattered" the most.

Truth be told I'm a huge Method fanboy, I just really like how their guild seems to run.
I'm also a huge fan of Envy because excellent kill videos and Pingwing, Midwinter because like 2-3 of my old guildies wound up there (I think one is still raiding with them!) and finally Blood Legion because USA pride and also because mad Rigg reminds me of me leading raids haha

I hope one of those four guilds can overcome the evil Finnish overlords in Blackrock Foundry (nothing against Paragon in particular, they're just fun to pretend to hate)

Last edited by hi19hi19; 12-23-2014 at 07:43 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #3194
Izzy
Snek

I wasn't trying to make any arguments. I'm just saying how I feel and why it isn't fun for me.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #3195
DCRemix
FFR Player

At least PvP today is better then Cataclysm PvP.
DCRemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #3196
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

The issue I feel along with Izzy isn't the muscle memory in regards to skills and abilities in the private server, but its the memory of the percentage of health a certain ability should do. In the private server a fully pvp geared rogue using ambush on someone does maybe 25 - 30% of their health, where in retail right now, a fully pvp geared rogue using ambush does about 10%.

So it feels the ratios of health to damage dealt/taken is not even close to what it was in previous expansions. Even in 6.0.2 we could kill people in 3 - 4 hits if they weren't being healed. Currently it would take a lot more than that to kill someone.

Healing is super over powered right now in pvp, disc priests are so strong, walking into a 3v3 arena game with against a disc priest is an auto loss, no matter what combo you have (unless you have another disc priest). However the healing numbers themselves aren't ENTIRELY the problem. Heals can be strong, but there is not enough cc in the game for any class, to counter a healer. 3 people can try to cc a healer and get great chains off, and they'll still be able to heal through it, and the person next to them. THAT, isn't right.

It isn't a l2p issue like so many ******s like to say immediately after someone complains. It's a matter that the pvp gameplay is no where near what we expected when the 6.0.2 pre expansion patch was live. It should be safe to assume pvp would be similar to what it was in the pre patch, and it is not at all.

Last edited by Rebirth0; 12-24-2014 at 11:08 PM..
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #3197
Izzy
Snek

10%? An ambush does like 5% and then 1 tick of a HoT restores it all. Not even worth using really. Most of your damage will come from auto attacks and having slice and dice up.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #3198
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I have a Feldrake loot card for sale.

This is what it looks like, it's going for 300-350 online. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #3199
choof
Banned

we will wipe all of your gluten posts
Old 02-22-2015, 09:54 PM   #3200
hi19hi19
lol happy

Mythic Blast Furnace videos are out:
-My heart watches the videos and says it looks like a really fun control fight with some interesting mechanics.
-My brain notices it basically combines the worst parts of Spine, Instructor Razuvious, and dice-roll RNG bullshit all into one fight.
I also notice all the guilds with videos out so far wound up with basically exactly the same strategy and raid compositions (everyone 5 healed, 2 priests seems mandatory with ideally one dps and one healer, and 2 rogues seemed pretty useful as well) so I guess strategically speaking it couldn't have been quite as interesting as it seemed at first.
I'm torn, but at least it made for a very exciting race.

Can't wait for the next few Blackhand kills and those videos too, wonder what changes they made to that fight for Mythic...

Watching the race like this is a lot less stressful than being part of it rofl
But I do miss the raid atmosphere when I watch videos that have voice chat :'(

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-22-2015 at 10:02 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote