Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default AMA's are still a thing

I'm no one particularly special, I've never made good simfiles or gotten good scores, but for some reason or another I keep coming back to this community.

Ask me anything.

Last edited by Mourningfall; 08-27-2016 at 07:31 PM..
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2016, 12:40 AM   #2
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: AMA's are still a thing

Besides what can be inferred from you being here, what are some of your hobbies/ unique skills?

What is your favorite type of music, and is it really different then what you grew up listening to?

What is the oldest movie you've ever watched? What kind of impression did it leave you?

Coke or Pepsi?

Everyone has tried writing that book before. What was yours about?

Story behind your username?

Are you aware that you're post count as of writing this is 1,337?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 09-5-2016 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: Do you often read why people edit their post?
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2016, 04:23 AM   #3
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

sweet, thanks lar

Besides what can be inferred from you being here, what are some of your hobbies/ unique skills?

Other than rhythm games; I uhh.. I can turn a cow into steak, I've worked in abbatoirs for years so I'm really "handy" with a knife.

What is your favorite type of music, and is it really different then what you grew up listening to?

Honestly don't have a favorite anymore; I was a devout metalhead when I was a teenager (12-20),
but in the past few years I've branched out and now I hold the belief all genres are good if you know what to look for

What is the oldest movie you've ever watched? What kind of impression did it leave you?

2001: A Space Odyssey, didn't leave nearly as much of an impression as other Kubrick films had

Coke or Pepsi?

depends what I'm eating or drinking, coke for my whiskey, pepsi for my KFC

Everyone has tried writing that book before. What was yours about?

That book, I've tried writing a book before. It was a tale of a preists journey through corruption and his fight for redemption in the eyes of his very real overseer
a story emphasising the contrast between perceived good and evil, and a mans place among the two

Story behind your username?

Pays hommage to an early Opeth album, Morningrise. Just mixed it up with a homophone and antonym.

Are you aware that you're post count as of writing this is 1,337?

Not anymore~

Do you often read why people edit their post?

As someone who edits 95% of his posts, always.

Last edited by Mourningfall; 09-5-2016 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: editing for the sake of editing
Old 09-5-2016, 05:00 AM   #4
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
2001: A Space Odyssey, didn't leave nearly as much of an impression as other Kubrick films had
I actually have never seen it. It wouldn't be the oldest movie I have seen, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
That book, I've tried writing a book before. It was a tale of a preists journey through corruption and his fight for redemption in the eyes of his very real overseer
a story emphasising the contrast between perceived good and evil, and a mans place among the two
Would read that.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
Zapmeister
FFR Player

You're playing poker with a tiger, a giraffe, a hippopotamus, and a seagull. You're holding Ks Qh and the flop is 8d Qd 9d. The tiger stares really intently at its cards, and then at the hippopotamus, and back at its cards, and back at the hippo, and has an annoyed expression on its face, and checks. The giraffe is cheating by using its height to look at the tiger's cards; the tiger doesn't seem to be aware of this. The giraffe bets 3/4 of the pot. The hippopotamus grunts and folds. The seagull is flapping around and being really really annoying and making stupid noises, and it calls. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

Which 3 ffr members would you most like to see on the TV show Wipeout, in order of preference? (You can nominate yourself if you want)

How do you like your steak done, on a scale of 1-7 where 1=burnt to a cinder 2=well done 3=medium-well 4=medium 5=medium-rare 6=rare 7=blue?

What is your opinion on the idea that the Amazing-Perfect-Good-Average-Miss judgement system that ffr uses does not accurately reflect what people think about them when they get one of those while playing, and that a more realistic judgement system would be Average-Acceptable-Bad-Terrible-Cataclysmic?

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2016, 10:35 PM   #6
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You're playing poker with a tiger, a giraffe, a hippopotamus, and a seagull. You're holding Ks Qh and the flop is 8d Qd 9d. The tiger stares really intently at its cards, and then at the hippopotamus, and back at its cards, and back at the hippo, and has an annoyed expression on its face, and checks. The giraffe is cheating by using its height to look at the tiger's cards; the tiger doesn't seem to be aware of this. The giraffe bets 3/4 of the pot. The hippopotamus grunts and folds. The seagull is flapping around and being really really annoying and making stupid noises, and it calls. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

The Giraffe knows something I don't, no way I'm risking my chips on a pair while there's suited connector on the table, fuck that shit I fold.

Which 3 ffr members would you most like to see on the TV show Wipeout, in order of preference? (You can nominate yourself if you want)

SCWolf, Reincarnate, Reach. healthy fit and athletically capable.

How do you like your steak done, on a scale of 1-7 where 1=burnt to a cinder 2=well done 3=medium-well 4=medium 5=medium-rare 6=rare 7=blue?

What is your opinion on the idea that the Amazing-Perfect-Good-Average-Miss judgement system that ffr uses does not accurately reflect what people think about them when they get one of those while playing, and that a more realistic judgement system would be Average-Acceptable-Bad-Terrible-Cataclysmic?

I think peoples standards are too high
Old 09-6-2016, 12:06 AM   #7
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

which do you like better: chit chat or TGB?

KFC or Popeyes?

what is your favorite cut of steak, and why do you not like steak medium/medium rare?

do you wish you were a little bit taller?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:03 AM   #8
sweet2kill210
I'm okay I guess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Yahoo to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Skype™ to sweet2kill210

Would you rather eat chocolate-flavored shit or shit-flavored chocolate?

What is one of your favorite fictional books?

Have you ever made someone cry?

Do you have any scars? If so, how did you get them?

Thanks Gold Stinger, you are amazing!

sweet2kill210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:29 AM   #9
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

@FoJaR

-TGB by a landslide
-Kentucky Fri' Chicken
-Porterhouse, and I dunno they just don't really appeal to me~
-I'm a pretty average height, I'd hate to hit my head on shit so I'm comfortable in this body

@S2K

-Chocolate flavored shit, I don't care whose ass it came out of; but if it tastes good I'll eat it. x)
-Skullduggery Pleasant
-I think I made choof cry but other than that, nah I like to keep the peace these days
-fucking countless, at least 100+ on my hands alone. I got them from fighting (and) Life struggles

Thanks for the questions men, sorry I took so long to answer I hung myself last November and I've been in hospital since