Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-5-2022, 03:31 PM   #1
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default (TWG) Thread for discussing rzr's permaban from TWG

I am making this thread mostly so that there is one singular place for discussion regarding rzr's recent unban request. Please don't discuss it in roundbox's signups thread.

When Red Blaster was permanently banned previously, and requested an unban, Manti made a thread so that we could discuss it in one place, and I like the precedent that this set.

https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...d.php?t=144052

is the thread where the events in question were mostly discussed. I don't think there is a thread for the first time that rzr cheated and was punished, I will ask Manti to post a little bit regarding that in this thread, and either way most of what occurred is readable from one of manti's posts in the above-linked thread.

red blaster's unban (which I think the majority or maybe all of the TWG playerbase can agree was a justified unban) was done by popular vote, and that's not really how I'd like to see this one handled. I have seen a lot of opinions already stated, almost all of them against the idea of rzr returning, but at the least, rzr can use this thread for an attempt at apologizing or explaining, both of which have been absent previously.

Even if rzr is not unbanned, I think it might be good to have a bit more closure on the past here.

tl;dr
rzr is a player who has cheated at TWG twice that we know of, and has insulted or attacked both Haku and choof in manners that are particularly egregious, and was permanently banned in 2016 from FFRTWG as a result. This thread is for discussing his unban request and whether or not players think that he should be allowed to play TWG again.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2022, 03:35 PM   #2
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: (TWG) Thread for discussing rzr's permaban from TWG

To give my own opinion, I feel like rzr's engagement with the community, with an apology and some explanation, would go a long way towards making me feel like he has changed enough to return. Someone who has cheated once, I can forgive, but twice is probably pushing it for me, even with the fact that the first instance was over a decade ago.

I... could be convinced to allow him to return, but I don't think I am in favor of it, or that I am likely to have my opinion changed. I have talked with the other mods, all of whom have their own respective opinions and to haku (idk how to reach choof) and I have already seen a few player's opinions privately or from zenith in the signups thread.

It doesn't seem like most people are in favor, and I can see that as more than fair, and fairly justified.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2022, 03:40 PM   #3
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Rzr needs to speak. Both about what happened then - with Haku, choof, and just the community in general - and why he thinks he's worth a third chance now.

Even with FFRTWG's lack of activity, I don't feel comfortable allowing rzr to play again until the past is addressed.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2022, 04:22 PM   #4
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

To even give this individual a platform will further victimize not just those who have suffered, not just provide a space to increase victims, but FFRTWG will become a place of complacency.

It's not just about this person. It's about the morals of the community. If this person is allowed after four big strikes I'm afraid I will not be returning.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2022, 05:19 PM   #5
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Theres no really good way to handle this.

Xiz pretty much hit the nail on the head. Even asking the people who were victims if they ( are ok with rzr returning / have forgiven him ) feels pretty off color and unfair to them.

I have nothing against rzr personally but to protect the integrity of the game some things cant be forgiven. Because TWG is such a personal game, abusing the trust of others is a hard thing to reconcile.

I guess i can wait for rzr to post and see if he brings something to the table that i didnt think of but thats my opinion on this situation

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2022, 07:45 PM   #6
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

As someone who wasn't really around for this... not so lovely history of FFRTWG... I don't think my opinion really matters much in this instance. I'm somewhat familiar with the cheating incident regarding Haku...But was not aware that there was a second one.

I'd like to hear what he's got to say for himself before I say anything else though... If he's going to say anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2022, 08:21 PM   #7
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Rzr needs to speak.
This.

There's many things I could say, but it's better to see first where rzr is at.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2022, 08:44 PM   #8
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

As someone who sometimes often crosses lines I'd feel a bit too hypocritical for me to say much but

it seems like a genuine lack of effort has been made here on a particular end

but pretty much where choof would vote here I'd probably cast mine the same
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2022, 01:02 PM   #9
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

How do you cheat at twg
Old 03-6-2022, 01:09 PM   #10
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Alright I read the other thread. I get it but I feel like my opinion on this doesn't matter since I have no skin in the game
Old 03-6-2022, 02:49 PM   #11
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

There is a huge part of me that is not ok seeing the community take such a hard stand against toxicity and then turning around to forgive what is easily agreed is some of the worst toxic behavior you can do in a forum. I don't get along with Choof either, but if memeory serves that shit had no right ever coming close to happening.

That said, this all happened 6 years ago. I think especially considering the particular years that the world has lived through doing that period, I am inclined to hear anyone out if they want to convince me they've changed.

insert rzr should post comment here

Anyway if I was asked to vote now I'd probably vote to keep the ban in place.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2022, 04:51 PM   #12
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
There is a huge part of me that is not ok seeing the community take such a hard stand against toxicity and then turning around to forgive what is easily agreed is some of the worst toxic behavior you can do in a forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
When Red Blaster was permanently banned previously, and requested an unban, Manti made a thread so that we could discuss it in one place, and I like the precedent that this set.
It's a consistency thing. That's how it has to be. That's all it is. I think your call out here is wrong with due respect mate.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2022, 08:30 PM   #13
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

I will say that it feels a lot like people are arguing with some invisible instigator, when we all pretty much agree that rzr should stay banned - at this point, it's even been a couple days after signups, and like, he's 100% aware of his ban, and he hasn't even bothered to check back in yet. imo that's telling enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2022, 10:13 PM   #14
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

What I don't like is the lack of accountability that rzr seems to take even now all these years later. He acknowledges that people won't want to play with him and that he needs to redeem himself, but he doesn't care to mention why. I don't see any apologies or admitting to his wrongdoings.

I personally like to give people chances if they can demonstrate growth, but I haven't seen any of that. I don't think we should even consider giving him another chance. If he gave an actual apology publicly and to some people personally, maybe it could be considered. But even then IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2022, 11:53 AM   #15
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
It's a consistency thing. That's how it has to be. That's all it is. I think your call out here is wrong with due respect mate.
It's not meant to be a personal call out
But I'll recognize it comes off as me being a little butthurt. My bad.

But we as a community did take that stand, so if talking about consistency I feel the default answer should be a no.

---

I think YoshL nailed this tbh

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2022, 01:24 PM   #16
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I think the difference here is the personal attacks on said players. I got banned for posting my role pm’s in the thread as an immature “fuck you” to those who were lynching me at the time. My actions never took the form of personal attacks on any individual player(s). People change as time goes by, but I think the most important thing to consider here is how Haku and choof, as well as the active player base would feel about them being unbanned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote