Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-2-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de
Default I would be terrible in life threatening situations

So a family member of mine just got a pretty nasty injury right in front of me today, and now looking back at how I reacted after it happened I realize just how awful I would be at helping someone with something more severe.

My fiances dad had asked me to help him trim some bushes with a hedge trimmer earlier. Not even 10 seconds into him kinda showing me what he wanted me to do, his finger got caught in the blades, slicing the living shit out of it to the bone. Still cant get the sound of it hitting his finger out of my head. Right after it happened I panicked. I was like "okay, okay let me see it how bad is i--oh god gross okay its not bad okay let me uhhh, let me.. I'll get something".. I ran in the house and got some paper towels to stop the bleeding. He was pretty calm the entire time, but I was in full panic mode. I got my fiance to take him to the hospital where he is now to get what I would assume is just stitches.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation where you had to act upon it? How did you do? I'm curious.

tl;dr fiances dad cut his finger bad, I panicked, didnt know what to do. hes gonna be okay.
Old 07-2-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
SpaceGorilla
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: I would be terrible in life threatening situations

'tis but a flesh wound
SpaceGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2016, 09:28 PM   #3
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Oh god... I would've run away probably... =/

m0de IS STILL A THING?! O_O
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2016, 10:16 PM   #4
TheThong
♩♪♫♬♭♮♯
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to TheThong

I have to be quick on my feet everyday at work, so I think I'm fairly good at responding to emergencies. (in the emergency department). We had someone pass out in the toilet, and the person wasn't responding, so had to commence cpr, whilst also yelling out for help. Fortunately there were lots of people around, so we had a quick response to help.

Before working in the er though, I remember being really panicky to every little thing that was wrong - I had a patient with a resp rate of 30+, and because we only had one other nurse on duty that was busy, I panicked and called a ' code blue ' for the emergency team to help. They just gave her a nebuliser, and she ended up being fine.

I'm pretty lucky I get exposed to emergency situations everyday now, otherwise I'd still be a headless chicken at work!

Hope your dad is okay.
TheThong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2016, 10:20 PM   #5
Azpb Djbread
FFR Player

similar thing happened to me and my friend. We went camping together and we were just chattin' about getting away from people and stuff, and we were widiling sticks with our knives, and he cut an entire piece (with flesh 2) off of his thumb. I Never not bring a first aid kit with out me in the wilderness. so i quickly grabbed my water and cleaned it off (He was in shock so he didn't feel any of it and was really calm) so i pulled my first aid kit out and strapped gause to it, and applied pressure near the cut so blood would stop flowing, putting him in more shock. i took him down to a hospital, and he got some stitches and a weird thumb cast looking thingy.

Last edited by Azpb Djbread; 07-2-2016 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: bad grammar
Azpb Djbread is offline   Reply With Quote