Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania

Old 07-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #1
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default minaciousgrace's stepmania rant is a masterpiece and he's right about all of it

I wanted to give a standing ovation after reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point

Let me break this down clearly for you. This whole "hahaha sm5 is fucking shiet" thing isn't some "new development", it's been going on ever since sm5 existed. When the sm5 beta first began in 2008/9/10, whatever it was, keyboard players came to the repo to suggest things they wanted to see implemented into the game. Can we have x feature, y feature, the few things we thought were missing from 3.95 that would have the greatest positive impact on our gameplay experience. Waveform and filter support in the in-game editor. Better screenshot management capabilities or replays. A functional song search.

"Song search? Who needs song search when you have 25 different sort orders? Besides, how can anyone on an arcade cab use text based song search feature? What are they going to enter every letter by hitting arrow keys? Are they going to search strings of directional arrow inputs? LOL! Fucking dumbass ignorant keyboard players."

This was the kind of response we'd get from kyz. If it wasn't that, we were ignored. At best the things we wanted took ages to get implemented with no visible feedback, and when finally complete, they were either already obsolete or unwieldy to the point of uselessness. After a couple of years of this bullshit pretty soon the only feedback the kb community was giving sm5 was "hey can you make the game run as smooth as 3.95 because it really feels like shit in comparison and since you give us literally no features we care about there's no reason to use sm5".

"You dumbfuck ignorant kb players have no idea what you're talking about. You aren't even on the stepmania core development team. Stepmania is coded to absolute perfection. It's impossible to make it any better or faster and in fact it is objectively better and faster than 3.95 in every way you're just stupid and ignorant. Why do you need more than 60 fps anyway? Arcade cabinets don't need it why do you? You're not even developers just shut up and accept what we give you."

Again this was/is the typical response from your development team. The majority of the competitive kb scene just said fuck it. 3.95 it is. If an up and coming player had started on sm5? We literally felt sorry for them. It was literally a shame they started on the newer version of the game. I want you to stop and take a moment to just fucking process that.

Now of course you know what? People were beyond it. We didn't give any suggestions to the sm5 dev team. We didn't give any complaints. We just spent years playing on 3.95 minding our own goddamn business until lo, behold. Kyz decides it's time to come to our community. Make an inquiry, a legitimate one, to be fair, into why people in the keyboard community still use 3.95. When people voice the same concerns they have over the years he gives the same responses.

"You ignorant keyboard players. We can't make features that are keyboard only because how would pad use them? The game is literally coded to the best it can possibly be. In fact NASA should be using stepmania to do fluid dynamic simulations. The things you want don't matter you're all retarded for not using sm5 the game runs better than 3.95 fuck you all you're all shit you aren't developers or coders therefore I know better please play my game my life has no meaning if you don't."

So no. This isn't a fucking "new" thing. Your development team spent years dismissing/insulting the keyboard playing community and eroding any confidence or trust we had in you while simultaneously making the game completely fucking unplayable for us. And you don't get to pull the "that's kyz not me" bullshit. He was an official member of the core development team for years. He was a member of the core development team when he came to our community and fucking berated us for not using sm5 when nobody even cared about it anymore. And then you came in the aftermath and treated it like we were just some uppity W H I N Y B O Y S in some random little community that didn't fucking matter.

Yeah. Fuck you. That exact dismissive condescension is why you have no currency left with us. By allowing him to retain any "official" status you've made yourself complicit in everything he's said or done.

And you know what, it's one thing if you're right. It's one thing if indeed we were all just fucking morons and nothing we wanted was actually feasible and the game really was just coded to perfection and nothing could have been done about it, but it wasn't. Everything Kyz said was either born of complete and total ignorance or a fucking bald faced lie.

I had literally 0 minutes of any compiled language experience before I decided to download the repo, performance profile it and see how far I could get making adjustments. Within 20 hours I had more than tripled framerate. All this fuck-assery about the game being hyper-optimal was total fucking garbage. In fact my total hours spent on development in the last year probably doesn't even exceed 400 hours. So you don't get to use that "hahahah xDDDD IM SOOOO BUSY work!!! LOLOLOL I HAVE A LIFE LOSER EXCUSE ME IF I DONT SPEND MORE TIME DOING DEVELOPMENT WORK THAN GOING ON FORUMS AND DEFENDING THE GAME I DONT WORK ON LOL HAHAHA xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" excuse either.

You spent the last 10 years making this bed. You let Kyz piss, shit, and cum on your not-even-nsfw body pillows the whole time. I don't care if he doesn't have commit access anymore. He's still listed as a stepmania dev team member on reddit. Kyz still tries to accuse of me of "stealing" code he wrote that is freely available on an open source project. He does go around to take every opportunity to shit on Etterna, and because he's still tagged as a dev, his words are your words. You ignored, insulted, looked down on and lashed out at us, sometimes simultaneously. And then it turned out you were all fucking full of shit.

So maybe now you can see where we, or at least I, am coming from. You don't get to come in here with this entirely unjustified holier-than-thou attitude and claim you're being treated unfairly. You don't get to whine about being "bagged on" by some "random little community in a corner pocket of the internet". No you're getting exactly what you deserve. And the funny thing? People don't call sm5 vanilla garbage in the context of kb play because we're buttmad about all the shit you gave us for the last 10 years.

People call it garbage, because compared to Etterna, it is.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:22 PM   #2
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: minaciousgrace's stepmania rant is a masterpiece and he's right about all of it

kind of old news but ya i guess it's cool
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #3
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: minaciousgrace's stepmania rant is a masterpiece and he's right about all of it

nice crypto bump you dork
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #4
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

nah man this guy channels like 10 years of stepmania rage into a single comment

if I could turn this into a live action speech IRL I would
Old 07-26-2018, 11:27 PM   #5
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

I know it's a cryptobump but it's worth it this shit deserves the stepmania equivalent of a pulitzer prize
Old 07-27-2018, 12:09 AM   #6
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

can you summarize it in less than 5 words i've got a schedule to keep
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:15 AM   #7
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

SMDevs? Betrayal. We're Stepmania Now.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:23 AM   #8
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

oh yeah that sounds about right
Old 07-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #9
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hadn't read that before. Typical mina

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:12 PM   #10
jvizzlez
King of Terrible Accuracy
FFR Veteran

mina is my spirit animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
This game looks like twitch chat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
according to the 10k rule im a double master in masturbation
jvizzlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:16 PM   #11
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

don't animals have heart though...
Old 07-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #12
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

When does the dramatic reading of this come out

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:56 PM   #13
Aquellex
Blue Kangaroo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

NASA should be using stepmania to do fluid dynamic simulations

Submit solo VGM charts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
It is impossible to download and examine the FFR website's source code, which means that it is impossible to prove that FFR is not spyware. FFR also records all of your scores and restarts, and publicly broadcasts your blackflags without user consent.
Aquellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:05 AM   #14
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
When does the dramatic reading of this come out
I'm on it
Old 07-29-2018, 12:26 AM   #15
komochii
Banned

I call him meana cause he's a big meanie >:[
komochii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #16
Jousway
FFR Player

I just want to add the complete and utter bs I've gotten from kyz trough the years, its only been like half a year now I started C++ and I bairly even want to work on stepmania, I have sent my stuff that I made on a private build (my noteskin stuff) to etterna because I rather support that project, because while most of you people ignored kyz, as an active noteskin creator and themer I and to deal with kyz's constant shit every single day.

"oh you dont know how to use this feature I added with no cohearent documentation on how to use it?, you are a fucking idiot"

is words I've heard all the time from kyz, kyz is in all an complete and utter fool for how he treated me and other people.

the funny thing is now that I do know c++ and am working on stuff for etterna it shows that kyz doesnt know jack shit, his comments in the notefield allone are inacurate, and remember newfield, all the features he added because of newfield I added in the original field (which I called expandfield) to do the same jack shit his amazing "newfield" can do, only my code runs 6 times faster.

the utter lack of coding knowlage kyz has suprises me, its like some kid that only did html doing c++, he uses macros and pointers where you shouldnt use them, if you compile his newfield, in the compiler alone it gives 20 errors, its just amazing how utter lacking his knowlage is and calling other people dumb for not understand his complete mess.

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:20 PM   #17
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

yea good code is easily understood. especially for an open source project lol.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2018, 07:32 AM   #18
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

wtf jousway were you drunk when you typed that?
dem english

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2018, 06:22 PM   #19
notmclaren
FFR Player

who carez
notmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2018, 12:08 AM   #20
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

og sm devs not recognizing the keyboard community after all these years is, at the same time, saddening and not surprising at fucking all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist
Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote