Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #21
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What does Christmas hold for you this year?

Bought my girlfriend a $450 silver ring and she bought me an $850 white gold ring (No I'm not cheap, she doesn't like gold all that much plus we got a great deal for them).

Other than that, my girlfriend will be getting some roses and some candy, teddy bears and what not (she loves the sweet little things).

She bought me a few pair of nice pants, a few kickass shirts and apparently she isn't done yet. She spoils me

Bought my dad the reinactment of Canada vs Russia '72 DVD and Zelda Four Swords for GC.
Got my mom some nice scented candles and a nice jewelry box.
My sister, I got her a tongue and belly button ring.

AND last but not least.. I bought myself Twilight Princess for GC. A nice pair of pants, a FAMOUS shirt and that's about it =\
Old 12-21-2006, 09:15 PM   #22
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
Trauma Center is alright, I suppose. But Elebits is possibly one of the greatest games ever.

And I am getting Seasons 1 and 3 of Arrested Development...which I bought for myself with my mom's money.

I also got a new Queen-sized bed...but mostly because my mom sold my old bed when I was at college and I didn't have a been for a few days.
Trauma Center is really fun for me. No idea why. I just get a feeling of satisfaction when I virtually save someone's life I suppose.

Elebits has been commanding most of my time these days though. My mom said she didn't even feel like wrapping it so it's an early Christmas gift to me. Problem is I've been playing it at a friend's house and you can't transfer Elebits saves for whatever reason. So I'm on level 19 at his house and 12 here. I'm there more often than I'm here apparently. Good thing is that on the second time through (first time on this console), I know what to do, so I have a lot of S-ranked stages.

But I will agree with you in your opinion of how awesome Elebits is. It's truly one of the best games I've ever played. It's like they took the concept of Katamari-style leveling up and such and expanded it. The one thing people were most disappointed about with Katamari was a lack of an endless mode. There're endless modes for every stage in Elebits. And believe me, I've spent an entire hour on the first stage taking place in the town. So. Much. Fun.

Since I just now got to the Amusement Park, I expect even grander fun. Yellow Elebits are mean though =(
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #23
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I'm getting an 80 GB Black video iPod and a case. Hopefully i'll be getting some iTunes giftcards. I'll be getting some money (which i'll spend on iTunes giftcards). I'll get some clothes, maybe a book, a calendar, etc. My sisters probably getting a DVD from me, I don't know what i'm getting my mom or dad. I don't work, so I don't have money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #24
dj.jantzen
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dj.jantzen Send a message via MSN to dj.jantzen Send a message via Yahoo to dj.jantzen Send a message via Skype™ to dj.jantzen

It's supposed to snow through Sunday and be sunny on Christmas Day Monday. It better be. I missed it when it snowed on Christmas Eve...good times...good times...

~Don
dj.jantzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #25
rickz0rz
FFR Player
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
That said, I'm not all that interested in what I'm getting, because I know it won't be a Wii or THP8.
LOLOL I got one.

Like seriously, I've been playing WiiSports so freaking much lately (high score in bowling: 223). It's fun. Too bad I had to pay for it with my own money.

Oh, and ackneer (sic?): download Audacity and downsample your MP3s into low enough quality wavs, then use rumkin.net (I think that's the URL) to send them to your phone. It might be a Sprint-only thing, but it works for me and since I have unlimited internets i.e. large tubes with my phone, the ringtones are practically free.

Last edited by rickz0rz; 12-21-2006 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Severe ADHD
rickz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #26
dj.jantzen
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dj.jantzen Send a message via MSN to dj.jantzen Send a message via Yahoo to dj.jantzen Send a message via Skype™ to dj.jantzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickz0rz View Post
LOLOL I got one.

Like seriously, I've been playing WiiSports so freaking much lately (high score in bowling: 223). It's fun. Too bad I had to pay for it with my own money.

Oh, and ackneer (sic?): download Audacity and downsample your MP3s into low enough quality wavs, then use rumkin.net (I think that's the URL) to send them to your phone. It might be a Sprint-only thing, but it works for me and since I have unlimited internets i.e. large tubes with my phone, the ringtones are practically free.
I would like a new computer and DJ equipment...even though I use VirtualDJ for much of my music.

~Don
dj.jantzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #27
rickz0rz
FFR Player
Retired Staff

Hah. I went off topic.

Anywho, here's to hoping I wake up to find a nice Wacom tablet awaiting my usage upon Christmas morning. That'd be oh so nice.
rickz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:07 AM   #28
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

I'm going to be in Acapulco. Should be fun, I plan on celebrating with my family and some of my friends who are going with their familes with me and mine. christmas will be a little thing with my family because of the trip. Got small things for my parents and I don't really expect anything big since we have a nice vacation planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:48 AM   #29
DrugstoreCowboy
Is Famouz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DrugstoreCowboy

I got my parents a gift card to the olive garden and a gift card to the movies and a little note that tells them to go out on a date.

my sister got a canvas for painting.

my girlfriend got this DKNY Be Delicious Perfume that smells absolutely irresistable.. that cost 75 bucks from Macy's. But the smell.. oh god, like granny smith apples <333

DrugstoreCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #30
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

I'm getting a webcam and a new sketchbook.

=]
Old 12-22-2006, 07:25 AM   #31
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Quote:
Hah. I went off topic.

Anywho, here's to hoping I wake up to find a nice Wacom tablet awaiting my usage upon Christmas morning. That'd be oh so nice.

WIN

I have a 9x6.5in Wacom tablet, combined with photoshop, it is pure bliss xD
hope you get one.

I seriously don't know what i want for Christmas, probably just money or gift cards, because Christmas is hard on me this year, whithered down my bank account pretty quick, and I'm starting to pull some out of my savings, which is never good.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #32
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Posting from my Wii.

Anyway back on topic. I bought a murder mysteries dvd board game thing as we always play board games at Christmas. Anyone had a go at these? It looks like loads of fun.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:14 AM   #33
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

There's no snow here so I happened to look at the calendar the other day and realized Christmas was only five days away. That realization sucked. I have to manage not only presents for other people but I have to gather presents with the $300 I got from family.

I picked up a bunch of clothes (to keep the family happy) and picked up Capcom Classics V. 2, Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii and Shining Tears as well as another WiiMote and Nunchuck. I've got more presents coming from my girlfriend and her family as well as smaller items from my parents but the next few days will require a lot of driving between families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar
Naruto Vs Math Class. That has got to be the funniest choice you'll ever make in your life dude.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #34
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Whatever it is it's in the console of Andy's car.

Or he said that to make me start thinking of things it could be and it's really, like, pants or something.

Also, I always request professional-looking clothes for presents, so I sent my mom a list of stuff at New York & Co. I would like and I'm pretty sure everyone in my family ordered stuff from that list.

I think Andy's mom got me a bathrobe.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #35
acknerr
FFR Player

Quote:
LOLOL I got one.

Thanks for the suggestion, but my parents are essentially against downloads for computer safety. Besides, my dad could probably get the software free from his job, but again, thank you for the suggestion.
acknerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #36
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I'm going shopping today.

On one side of the family we are keeping it simple and only getting one person up to $35. I got my cousin's name. She has a list so I'll get her a book and some DVDs.

Getting aunt and uncle on one side a $50 gift card to a nice restaurant ($25 each from my sister and I). Getting my dad and stepmom a $40 gift card from just me to the same place. Getting my grandma a $40 gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Getting my mom and her boyfriend a $40 gift card to a different nice restaurant. My sister and I aren't getting each other anything. Same with my little bros, unless they get me something then I'll get them something small back. I'll take my grandpa out for dinner sometime for his gift.

My sister's boyfriend has my name. Don't know what he got me. No clue what my mom's getting me. No clue what my grandpa's getting me (probably a $50 Best Buy giftcard). My grandma's getting me an Old Navy gift card. No clue what my dad and stepmom are getting me. Probably junk like last year. :/

I bought myself a nice bluetooth headset + dongle, and for a great deal. Maybe someday I'll have a nice cellphone to use it with. For now it'll be used for Skype, since my girl is in Canada and the hassle of 2 sets of cords (1 mic, 1 headphones) and being immobilized and uncomfortable makes it a pain to chat sometimes. I will have to cough up $15 to Skype for a years worth of unlimited calling in US and Canada, but it'll be worth it (they are charging for it starting in the new year).
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #37
Iwhaiwnfi
FFR Player

I got a projection screen monitor (I payed for half of it, 250 dollars) and the Wii.

Got both early so actual Christmas day won't hold too much for me.

As for what I got my family, I got my brother an MP3 player and payed 100 dollars towards the XBox 360 my parents got him. Got my dad the first season of Everybody Loves Raymond and my mom a back massaging mat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZZE- View Post
You: i got harased on a ddr simulators multiplayer option. i also have no proof! Help!
Police: lol
Iwhaiwnfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #38
Bored2tears
FFR Player

Umm I don't know what I got for christmas... definatley not anything over like 100$ though cause my brother got into a car accident and had to pay of like 2 tickets sooo my parents have pretty much no money... so I have to pay... Sooo I got my mom a thomas kinkead painting and a guns & roses cd and I got my dad and step mom a sushi plate set thing... I didn't get my bro anything cause I forgot... sooo

Anyways someone mind telling me what a THP8 is exactly? cause I have no clue what that is...

Oooh I know what my aunt got me and it is possibly illegal !JOY! ... maybe thats why Im not getting anything... I been sort of a bad kid this year Oh well at least I had fun
Payode is meeting God
LSD is being God
Bored2tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #39
Illysium
FFR Player

This christmas is basically just the same as last year, all I really need is more books to fill up vast void next to my computer (The speakers are my improvised bookends). Just a few books to help my WinAPI, PHP and C++ collection, and some to help my overall understanding of Game Design/Development. Just one thing I'd really like is a marble chess board and victorian pieces, just playing on it would make me think thrice before taking a move.

".. Leave it be .."
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.
Illysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #40
paperflowers11
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to paperflowers11

I know I'm getting some sweet new stuff for my horse, which may not seem that exciting, being utilitarian and all, but I'm glad I didn't have to spend the money on it myself. I'm also hoping to get a nice camera, since I love photography (how cliche) and I haven't been able to really take any artistic pictures since the end of the school year last year when the school took the camera I was using back, as it was a school camera. So, yeah, I really want a camera. And I put some DVD's and CD's on my Christmas list, too...but nothing big really.
paperflowers11 is offline   Reply With Quote