Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-8-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall
Default Prince of Persia.

Epic game. Epic Epic Epic. Which I find strange, because it has it's flaws.

You can't die. It's extremely linear. There's no real exploration. The combat can be a pain. The story is quite Cliche and it's not very hard.

However, all of these flaws just don't stop you loving this game. Resently I've been loseing faith in games for one simple reason, they don't effect me now how they used to effect me when I was young. This game has proven to me that games can still get me extremely warm and fuzzy inside. This game has given me faith in games again.

Remember how people groaned when they saw what "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker" was going to look like (I was one of them). And they then gave it a chance out of their love for the Zelda series and then loved it. Yea that's exactly like this game.

I was so pleased to see IGN write this in conclusion of the game. I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary Goldstein @ IGN
It’s not the best game ever released on PC, PS3 or Xbox 360; it’s not even the best game released this year. And yet Prince of Persia is that rare game that has managed to tap into that part of me that would die defending Chrono Trigger or JSRF. It has its shortcomings, but I already sense that Prince of Persia will be one of the few games from this generation that I carry with me for the next decade.
This games is simply magical. I could rant on for ages but I'll go into bullet points to make things easier for me to write and everyone to understand.

- The game is beautiful
- The level design is spectacular. Looking out over the land from a high altitude sends tingles up your spine
- The world is rather big, the journey from each level is rewarding.

- The characters are beautiful
- One of the only games I've ever played where you're "partner" doesn't annoy you
- The Character development is one of the best I have ever seen in a game.
- The Prince is laugh out loud funny

- Great platformer
- The fact that's liner doesn't effect how breathtaking it feels to move through the landscape

- The combat is pretty kick ass
- Even though it can be quite fiddly, when you pull a combo off it looks insane and leaves you wanting to high five someone.

- The gameplay is awesome.
- Again, even though it's quite liner and repetitive it never got old for the entire run through of the game.
- I want to play it through and complete it 100%
- A good 2 days worth of gameplay, if you do it in two 9 hour sittings like I've done lol.

- The story is quite cliche, but by the end of it, you craving for more already. You don't want it to end where it does.
- The ending is probably the best I've seen in any game for a long long time. Not just story wise, but how it's played out. What happens. The credit role. It has a sort of twist. A twist that you start to see coming, but you can't believe that you're the one making it happen. The whole time I was like, "no way, am I really going to.....whoa". Honestly got to me, I thought it was epic.

I would recommend this game to anyone. When people ask me what my favourite games of all time are. I will definitely say, "Sonic, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Prince of Persia". I will always include this game in my top 5 at least.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
thechild
FFR Player

Default Re: Prince of Persia.

page stretch grrr. But yeah it looks like a really good game. I've only seen one little commercial so this may sound stupid. Is there like any sort of leveling up or stats or anything like that?
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I love Prince of Persia. The storylines are a bit short, which leaves you unsatisfied. Perhaps it just feel short due to the awesomeness of it that keeps you in aw. <3

EDIT: There's no leveling up or stats.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
I love Prince of Persia. The storylines are a bit short, which leaves you unsatisfied. Perhaps it just feel short due to the awesomeness of it that keeps you in aw. <3

EDIT: There's no leveling up or stats.
oh ok lame. well not really, I just don't like things where it's oh do these missions/episodes in order kill these people no choices k bai. It might be different but still.
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
B0NK
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechild View Post
page stretch grrr. But yeah it looks like a really good game. I've only seen one little commercial so this may sound stupid. Is there like any sort of leveling up or stats or anything like that?
have you never heard of prince of persia. wtf

also epic game is epic indeed
Old 12-8-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
STD_Sappy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to STD_Sappy Send a message via MSN to STD_Sappy

My friends dad, Inon Zur, made the music for Prince of Persia, Two Thrones, and another one of them.

Sappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
He's Sappy.... He deserves his own thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
Amen.
Because he's so well known. ;]
Lol, I love these people. <3
STD_Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote