Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-7-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey
Default The very sad hallway.

I always usually notice these things years before, but i never knew this...

As i was walking down the hallway to English class upstairs, i notices a blue locker, with lots of writings with a black marker. I look closely and i notice there is no lock on it. Read the paper that is stuck to it, it says

"ADRIAN, RIP 1989-2003/04".

''This is not someone's birthday!'' I thought.
As i read carefully what the people wrote on his locker, i found out he was well loved, and known.

I have been asking everyone, and gathering more information about him that i never knew, now that i know more about him, i feel sad that i never actually met him.

This is a convo me and my friend had just now:
it might explain all.

IgOtMiLk190 (9:05:23 PM): You know the kid who died at a car accident?
IgOtMiLk190 (9:05:29 PM): He was suppose to be a junior now..
IgOtMiLk190 (9:05:37 PM): In our school.
tenniswannabe246 (9:05:42 PM): i know
tenniswannabe246 (9:05:45 PM): thats sad
IgOtMiLk190 (9:05:45 PM): Adrian..
IgOtMiLk190 (9:05:50 PM): I saw his locker =/
tenniswannabe246 (9:05:56 PM): oh
IgOtMiLk190 (9:05:57 PM): It's covered with people's writtings.
tenniswannabe246 (9:05:59 PM):
IgOtMiLk190 (9:06:03 PM): ''Say hi to god from me''
IgOtMiLk190 (9:06:09 PM): There is no lock on it also =/
IgOtMiLk190 (9:06:24 PM): ''You were a good kid, loved your smile, you will be missed''
tenniswannabe246 (9:06:26 PM): oh, that one
IgOtMiLk190 (9:06:32 PM): It's covered with writing =/
tenniswannabe246 (9:06:37 PM): i didnt read it.
tenniswannabe246 (9:06:39 PM): thats sad
IgOtMiLk190 (9:06:42 PM): He had lots of friends
IgOtMiLk190 (9:06:47 PM): he died as a 9th grader.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:06:58 PM): 1989-2003/04
IgOtMiLk190 (9:07:20 PM): ''heya kid, i dunno you but you seem pretty cool''
IgOtMiLk190 (9:07:21 PM): Rofl.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:07:28 PM): I thought it was someone's bday =/
IgOtMiLk190 (9:07:34 PM): But it said R.I.P.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:07:50 PM): right next to the english rooms.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:07:55 PM): it is a blue locker.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:08:21 PM): I never knew who he was, but i feel sad.
tenniswannabe246 (9:08:22 PM): i know
IgOtMiLk190 (9:08:27 PM): Like i wanted to know who he was.
tenniswannabe246 (9:08:32 PM): iv seen it
tenniswannabe246 (9:08:35 PM): yea i get that too
IgOtMiLk190 (9:09:00 PM): poor kid flew out of the windshield =/
tenniswannabe246 (9:09:10 PM): was he driving?
IgOtMiLk190 (9:09:16 PM): No his mom was
IgOtMiLk190 (9:09:21 PM): He wasn't buckled.
tenniswannabe246 (9:09:23 PM): oh my god
tenniswannabe246 (9:09:31 PM): well...
IgOtMiLk190 (9:09:40 PM): That's really a big deal for the mom.
tenniswannabe246 (9:09:47 PM): i know
IgOtMiLk190 (9:09:50 PM): She will blame it on herself.
tenniswannabe246 (9:09:56 PM): she must feel so guilty
IgOtMiLk190 (9:10:02 PM): yep.
tenniswannabe246 (9:10:08 PM): well, in a way, she should have told him to buckle.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:10:09 PM): His sister was in the car too.
tenniswannabe246 (9:10:21 PM): but in a way, he shouldve buckled himself,
IgOtMiLk190 (9:10:26 PM): maybe she didn't see, or sisn't think anything would happen this day.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:10:33 PM): didn't*
IgOtMiLk190 (9:10:44 PM): God wanted us to learn a lesson/
IgOtMiLk190 (9:10:45 PM): ?
tenniswannabe246 (9:10:46 PM): but more importantly why didnt someone notice? a police person!!!
IgOtMiLk190 (9:10:54 PM): I have no idea =/
tenniswannabe246 (9:10:58 PM): g2g sry
IgOtMiLk190 (9:11:00 PM): Teenagers these days.
IgOtMiLk190 (9:11:02 PM): See ya!

When i am not the passenger/driving, i never buckle myself. What always run in my mind is ''Nah the police officer would never see me unbuckled back here'' but seeing what happened there, i would always have a seat-belt on no matter what.

Eh, i was a sophomore, how didn't i notice! X(
I'm angry.

It's really sad i never got to meet Adrian, but he will be missed.

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111
Default RE: The very sad hallway.

That sounds like a very sad hallway.
Old 09-7-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

For the record... a cop will NEVER pull you over for being unbuckled. It is 100% a nationwide law that it is a second offense.

AKA... you get pulled over for speeding or reckless endangerment. Then, the cop comes up to you and sees you don't have your belt on. Bingo, another fine. Frankly, no one should EVER get a fine for not having a belt on, considering you have ALOT OF TIME to buckle it AFTER you get pulled over.

But, thats just me. And, that is why "no cop noticed". Then again, I speed every single day that I drive. I've never been pulled over for speeding. For every traffic violation that cops notice, there are 500 that go unpunished. At least.

Oh yea... I have no sympathy for others whatsoever, so I make no mention of the kid. Darwinian selection at its finest.
Old 09-7-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

It's alright, didn't expect anyone to care, he was just supposed to be 15 today (junior).

In Israel, if a cop catches you with no belt on, you're doomed.

אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
Old 09-7-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

As far as I know, there isn't a fomumite who lives in Israel. Two that I know of who liveD there, but none currently. So, alas... Spitting in Singapore will get you whipped, but I don't bring that up, now do I?
Old 09-7-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default Re: RE: The very sad hallway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
For the record... a cop will NEVER pull you over for being unbuckled. It is 100% a nationwide law that it is a second offense.

AKA... you get pulled over for speeding or reckless endangerment. Then, the cop comes up to you and sees you don't have your belt on. Bingo, another fine. Frankly, no one should EVER get a fine for not having a belt on, considering you have ALOT OF TIME to buckle it AFTER you get pulled over.

But, thats just me. And, that is why "no cop noticed". Then again, I speed every single day that I drive. I've never been pulled over for speeding. For every traffic violation that cops notice, there are 500 that go unpunished. At least.

Oh yea... I have no sympathy for others whatsoever, so I make no mention of the kid. Darwinian selection at its finest.
Wrong. In New Jersey, the police in these surrounding towns set up stations in roads (which caused a lot of traffic) where you had to slow down so they could see if you had your seatbelt on. It's this new "Click it or Ticket" thing. People who didn't know what it was for and didn't have them on would get pulled over and fined. I haven't seen one in a few weeks, but it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
Pooping_Panda
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pooping_Panda
Default RE: Re: RE: The very sad hallway.

Same thing happened to my cousin. He was 16 when he was hit by a drunk driver blowing a red light. My cousin was the passenger and people had said that the driver was dgoing so fast that he made the car roll a few times. Causing my cousins arm and head to be removed because of the broken glass chunks in the window and windshield acting as razor-type things. He wasn't wearing his seat belt.
Pooping_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 09:16 PM   #8
chickendude
Away from Computer
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to chickendude

Yeah Jurs, we have that up in MA too
the click it or ticket
There's ads on TV with all these people making random excuses, its kind of lame

and my mom got caught speeding on the road perp to mine (its not travelled THAT much, and the limit is like 25)
That is one sucky place to get a speeding ticket, It takes literally about 2 minutes to walk there, If I hop on a bike I could get there in under 30 seconds, and my mom got caught for speeding XD

I live in a fairly residential neighbor hood, in a town like 30 miles out of boston, so this iis REALLY weird, its not a main road or anything.
Old 09-7-2005, 09:17 PM   #9
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Dammit people, stop being so lazy and pull your seatbelt two and a half feet.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 09:20 PM   #10
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
Wrong. In New Jersey, the police in these surrounding towns set up stations in roads (which caused a lot of traffic) where you had to slow down so they could see if you had your seatbelt on. It's this new "Click it or Ticket" thing. People who didn't know what it was for and didn't have them on would get pulled over and fined. I haven't seen one in a few weeks, but it happened.
This is illegal and these cops (and their division) need to be fined.

Seatbelt (mis)use is a secondary offense no matter where you live. The reason for pulling you over can be something stupid like "You looked like you were swerving a little back there." or "Your left taillight is out." Either way, you CANNOT be pulled over for simply having your seatbelt off. It's against the law.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

The officers around here would try to do anything to catch you do any little stupid thing wrong.

אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
Old 09-7-2005, 09:33 PM   #12
scorpio1690
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to scorpio1690 Send a message via MSN to scorpio1690

Ya... I have a sad story too. There was a well known and extremely good rugby player, fastest in our school. Went diving in Hawaii as a summer break trip. Hit his head on a rock, snapped his neck. Now he's a quadrapalegic for life. I think that's worse than death. He's just now a Senior.
scorpio1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 09:52 PM   #13
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

All around the State of California, Officers are cracking down on...not wearing seatbelts

I forgot how the ad went, but it was something like that. Same "Click it or Ticket" campaign. Seriously, I dont see why people don't wear their seatbelts. It's just stupid. I have no sympathy for stupidity. I mean, you dont have to be a f*cking genius to realize things in motion tend to want to stay in motion. Intertia isn't some stealthy ninja that sneaks up on you when you least suspect it and launch you out the front windshield of your car for no reason whatsoever.

Every year some student in the [Coachella] Valley dies in a car accident. My freshman year of High School, it was this popular boy. He was killed when a drunk driver hit his car, I dont know if he was wearing his seatbelt or not, but from the news footage, it doesnt look like it would have made much of a difference. I knew his sister who was also in the car; and my old buddy was also in the car. They both were alright though.

Sophomore year, another kid had died. This kid was good friends with my friend's brother. I didnt know him, but he aparrently was a good kid.

Junior year, one of my good friend's sister was killed in a car accident. She was actually someone who I knew and had talked to. It was kind of a shock to hear she had died. She however, wasnt wearing her seatbelt and apparently feel asleep while driving. I feel bad about saying this, but she wasnt the brightest person...but she was hot, and she was working on becoming a model.

Senior year, some Freshman or Sophomore kid I never knew existed died. Story has it he was drinking in Mexico, the were driving drunk, he died, the other kid is in a mexican jail. Stupid high school rumor? Most likely. But nonetheless, the kid is dead.

It happens to often people wonder "who it'll be this year." Hopefully not me is all I can say.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2005, 10:51 PM   #14
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I never said it wasn't illegal to NOT wear a seatbelt... but just as Squeek affirmed, it is NOT an offense that you can be pulled over for. Its secondary solely.

I also recall a "seatbelt check" that was done in my hometown about 18 months ago. They were blocking off traffic, had a HUGE sign that said "SEATBELT CHECK", and were handing out information through the windows about the law.

You'd have had to be a complete and utter idiot to NOT have been wearing your seatbelt when you pulled up to the officers. Like, negative IQ and half a brain cell. If someone wasn't wearing their belt in one of those, they should have their license removed on the spot for SHEER STUPIDITY.
Old 09-7-2005, 10:56 PM   #15
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

Even though I also passed that locker many times during my Freshman year, I never really stopped to think about the cause of his death.
So, this is pretty surprising. I didn't know he died in a car accident.
In a way, yes, this is a lesson. While tragic, it's things like these that remind you to wear a seatbelt when you get into a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX
Dammit people, stop being so lazy and pull your seatbelt two and a half feet.
Agreed. It's so easy to do, so there isn't really an excuse to not wear one. While it may not seem much of a big deal if you're just in a mall parking waiting for a spot to appear, it can make a big difference in roads where the limit's much higher, such as a highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbrunnettemickey
The officers around here would try to do anything to catch you do any little stupid thing wrong.
Yeah, I see them hiding, rather than making themselves visible as a warning plenty of times.
Old 09-7-2005, 11:07 PM   #16
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

They called him ''The Angel Of Earth''

אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
Old 09-7-2005, 11:58 PM   #17
birtybirty27
FFR Player

i hate topics like these. i dont now wat to say. i feel depressed. i no u didnt no him but hope u get over it soon.
Old 09-8-2005, 12:04 AM   #18
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Sadening.

Caught without your belt buckled = $120+ fine. (at least here in Quebec)
Old 09-8-2005, 12:21 AM   #19
Vamps
FFR Player

I dont know about the laws in America, but in Australia it is an offence to not wear your seatbelt, and there are heaps of ad campaigns showing the danger of not wearing one, rather graphic actually, and warning you of the fines you can get hit with if you're caught. There was a guy in year 11 this year (thats like the 5th year of high school, i dont know what u guys call it) who died in a car crash earlier this year, i used to live next door to him and we didnt get along all that great for a majority of the time we knew each other, then not long before i moved to the other side of town we started having conversations on the way to the bus stop. I felt horrible when he died coz we spent so much time bickering and not getting to know each other, and a few of my friends in year 11 and 12 knew him and were pretty good mates with him, which means he was a nice guy! But both him and his brother were killed in this crash, his parents were beyond devistated. Im not sure if they were wearing seatbelts, but from pics i saw i doubt very much that a seatbelt would've made a difference. But people, just wear your seatbelt, i dont see the point in not wearing it! It doesnt even take a full minute to put it on!
\"How then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?
Vamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2005, 09:16 PM   #20
Feuergeist
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Feuergeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot

Yes, a cop WILL pull you over if the cop sees you aren't wearing a seatbelt.

Wer noch nie einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat sich noch nie an etwas Neuem versucht.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Feuergeist is offline   Reply With Quote