Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44
Default I need comforting and possibly help :'(

I'm having suicidal thoughts because I'm always going to be single and because a lot of my friends ditched me. I don't know what to do anymore. Is this site even a good place to be posting threads like this? I just had my heart broken today. I really don't want to talk about that in detail. I just feel as if I'm worthless and nobody wants me.
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames
Default Re: I need comforting and possibly help :'(

There's always hope for better times; always, even if you think what everyone else says is bullshit. Feel free to talk to me if you'd like, I can provide a listening ear and some experience with these things.

Hope things will go better for you soon bud.

948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
Skype: paperclipgames | Steam: alegiano | Last.fm: Alegiano | Ask.fm: Clippysan | Facebook: LINK
Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperclipGames View Post
There's always hope for better times; always, even if you think what everyone else says is bullshit. Feel free to talk to me if you'd like, I can provide a listening ear and some experience with these things.

Hope things will go better for you soon bud.
I wish I could say they could go better. It's all good for everyone else but me. Life has screwed me over yet again, more than other people.
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I've had some really shitty days man...days where you think there's no climbing out of whatever hole you find yourself in. But PaperClip is right, there's always something to hope for and push towards. You're young and have a lot to live for still, it is never too dire a situation for you to throw everything away on a bad day/week or whatever. You were obviously happier at one time and there is no reason you can't get back there...all you have to do is believe in yourself and make strides no matter how small.

Don't give up!!
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

yeah but the thing is, do you want yourself? In these situations it's better to be your own best friend. I've had moments where I've been in total despair and felt like no one in the world could possibly like me, but later found that I was being a total dumbass for thinking those things. I probably have hurt many friends because of those thoughts. Even if there is nobody out there, defy that and be there for yourself.

If you fall down and don't get back up will you ever get anywhere? I know you probably feel like you can't get up, but if you distract yourself from these thoughts you'll find it easier. Don't let this stop you from moving forward dude.

Also thinking things like "life has screwed me over" is just you screwing yourself over more than anything else. Stop thinking those things. As soon as you do you'll probably feel a hell of a lot better about things.
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

The hardest thing to understand about depression is its all in your head. Its an illness that festers and rots away at you the longer you keep it to yourself, and that is why the most important step to fixing it is admitting to yourself that you could use outside help. It can be very hard to step back and look at the big picture when it feels like the walls are closing in on you, it affects the way you perceive yourself, and how you THINK others perceive you. Everything seems to go wrong, and no one cares, because you focus on those things. Its not your fault, many people suffer from depression and things do get brighter.

Even if you're not having suicidal thoughts this exact minute, I would suggest looking up a local suicide hotline. They have the resources to get you on the right path, whether that be therapy or medication, they are there to help people in exactly the situation you find yourself in. Don't be afraid to reach out!

It takes a lot of courage to talk about your problems, but it just goes to show that you are worth it. Don't give up on life even when you feel like life has given up on you, it hasn't, that is just the depression, and it can be fixed. There is always more to strive for in life and never forget that!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I've always thought that it would be better to be miserable than to be dead. At least you can be miserable if you are alive.

After my partner of 3+ years left back in college I was pretty unsure of what to do with my life at that point. I lost all motivation to complete school and had regular panic attacks for almost a year. I'd do it again if I had to instead of being dead.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

You don't strike me as a depressed person, but rather a man at a low point in your mind. You can make any thread you want for help. Personally I suggest you private message a single other person you trust. If you need help seek it which you have done which is good.

Having your heart broken means you were close with someone. There are plenty of people that don't ever get close to anyone in the first place so in that respect you are already more accomplished than others in that department. This experience is good for your next experience. Having your heart broken is normal. It doesn't mean you are going through a struggle no one else understands or that you are undesirable, perspective is important. Feelings are temporary and it's ok to be down. However, I think it's good to put life into perspective and realize you have a lot to live for even in your vulnerable moments. Eating is fun, pooping is fun, sleeping is fun, it all seems preferable to an end that will come later anyway. I don't understand what you have been through but I do understand pain and your feelings

There are people who want attention and use suicide as a way of getting that attention and then there are actually people who are contemplating the act realistically. Don't say which you are in the thread but think to yourself as to whether you more wanted the attention and used suicide as a way to receive it or are actually suicidal right now.

<3
-awein
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #9
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I've been having identical thoughts when I finished school. "Damn, I ruined my chance of getting a girlfriend." "Is this graduation going to be of any use?" "Will I be able to access university even though there are thousand of other students competing for a spot with me?" "What if I'm going to stay a couch-potato for the rest of my life?" "Will I ever get to meet new friends...?"

I've had job interviews failing, I was bullied from 6th to 10th grade, resulting in communicative inabilities, I have trouble meeting new people and talking to people and I don't eat nearly enough to look like an average human being. All this time I've been having trouble sleeping normally, forcing myself to sleep after roughly 19 hours of sitting in front of my computer, every day during my free period after graduating.
Now I'm at university, studying Anglistics and Informationscience, and I am still not satisfied with what I'm doing. I still don't have anyone to share my successes, experiences and life stories with except my parents ...and the internet. But I'm simply not ready to give up either.

Lately, I've been forcing myself to accept the past, looking forward to what might come in the future. I try to compensate my deep thoughts I have every night by asking myself what I really want to reach in my life. I.e. I want to have close friends, someone I can talk to, someone I can share my life with. Goals that one can achieve when they trust themselves. Most of the time finding a girlfriend for such matter is purely based on luck - some people have it, some people don't, some people are stupid enough to just suck up some girl's ass in hope to have found the right one. I realized having a girlfriend is not a major goal in life. Having someone to talk to, someone who listens you, is more than enough. Simply accepting what the world gives you can make the difference. You have the possibility to talk openly about your feelings here right here, you have people here responding, trying to help you ditch your problems and you are obviously not exactly the type of guy someone would hate for your personality, as you seem very open about your feelings. Fuck those who ditch you, they are obviously not fond that some people simply do not match their expectations of how a human being has to be in their eyes. You deserve something better.

Do me one favor and keep fighting. Referring to my own experience, it hurts me seeing people thinking about ending it. There is so much you can do, it is your life after all. Not the one of your dick "friends" and your own fantasy. Don't give up.

Last edited by Xayphon; 11-16-2013 at 04:07 PM..
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

give yourself an esteem boost and stop giving a fuck what other people think

this has helped me tremendously in the past 8 years. gave me will to take on different hobbies, meet different people, and be a better person overall. be open to criticism and learn to deal with issues with a positive outlook.

have a network of people to talk to. relying too much on one person could end up being disastrous if they cut themselves out of the picture. there are tons of people willing to talk to you and maybe their own experiences can help you out.

Last edited by kommisar; 11-16-2013 at 03:58 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
Tarrik
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tarrik Send a message via Skype™ to Tarrik

Hang in there, I know what you're feeling and i DID try to kill myself.

It's just not worth it. People do care about you, believe it or not.

Life is hard, it's full of up's and downs..Sometimes with a lot of stuff we can't control. You need to find a safe release, talking to someone would be a good idea too.

Stay safe and good luck.
Tarrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I've been there myself as well man. Instead of going through with it, I picked up a new hobby where I didn't need anything but alone time and the internet. I picked up dancing. That was two years ago. I still do it from time to time, and I've met some cool people through it by forums dedicated to it like this to ffr. Keep your head up and get past it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

cheer up. You're 20% cooler than those jerks who left you.
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #14
xNiX
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to xNiX

Bitches ain't shit.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

How do you know that you'll always be single? You never know when the right person will come along, whether it happens when you're walking on the sidewalk, shopping, eating at a restaurant, or even hanging out in internet forums.

That said, there's nothing wrong with being single. Take this from a guy whose last two relationships have been shitty.
The first one lasted three years, and was with someone who was verbally abusive.
The second one lasted two years, and was with someone who was distant and uncommunicative.

Having a a significant other doesn't always mean happiness. Being single, I'm more happier now than I was when I was with either of those girls.

The trick is to learn to love yourself, so that you can be happy until the right one comes along.
Just hang in there.

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
JohnRedWolf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl

Depression is only a state of mind; if you look at the bright side of things and move forward, then you'll give yourself the chance to see the world in a positive light. I think you're a wonderful person and I care about you. If you would like someone to talk to, then I'm here.

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja
drizzleRomanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

people come and go it's part of life
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames

Yeah, "always" is an extremely big word. You probably haven't led even a third of your whole life. Everything can change massively within the course of months, weeks, or even days.

I can guarantee you that such a day of change will come, but it doesn't just come on its own; life doesn't give you any presents. Life is sometimes willing to lend you a hand, but you've got to see it and take it. There is always something or someone, for everyone.

No exceptions.

I thought I would be single forever because I thought I was just one of those other stupid ******s that always ended up hurting everyone and whom noone liked because I'm such a dick that doesn't even know how to properly talk to anyone. I have given things another chance, tried really hard to change how things were with me and around me, and eventually I won. You can win too.

948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
Skype: paperclipgames | Steam: alegiano | Last.fm: Alegiano | Ask.fm: Clippysan | Facebook: LINK
Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

This too will pass.

Always.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #20
adlp