Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
BadboyNSDQ
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BadboyNSDQ Send a message via Yahoo to BadboyNSDQ
Default For Final Fantasy Fans!

Which Of The Series Do You Think Is The Best and Why?
I'd Have to say 7 because the characters are amazing
and you cant top the story!

BadboyNSDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xBBx Takedown
Default Re: For Final Fantasy Fans!

FF7 is the best imo.
The story line and the characters have to be like the best out of all the Final Fanatsy
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5-1st Place(D3B)
Best FMO Score-Battle Theme #37(8.0.0.1)
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Best BF-Be Princess and Mute City Remix
xBBx Takedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
BadboyNSDQ
FFR Player

Yeah The Characters Already Bring Alot Of A Background Story To The Table which adds unforseen events to the overall plot

Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I still say 7 is incredibly overrated, my favorite is still FF8.
btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkxR4p7P74Y

I even like FF6 more than FF7.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
MrMagic5239
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrMagic5239 Send a message via MSN to MrMagic5239

Why do people think FF8 is the best? SERIOUSLY?

lets give FF8 a run down in simple terms

"Oh look im a school boy, trained by a nerd in glasses with a whip that I'm actually 89347589347589347589347 times better than in every way, shape, and form. Oh look im suddenly in the mix of a mad queen and an evil rival trying to ruin everything. Oh looky at this, im making money by taking seeD test's through out the game because I can't make money during battles like I should of. Oh and look at this, my ring became a Guardian Force because the term "Summon" just got to dull and boring even though every single Final Fantasy Fan loves the term "Summon", oh and look at this, because max level 99 got boring, It is now 100, that is so cool man like omg. Oh look at this, to even make myself remotely strong I have to equip every good magic spell to myself that I use throughout the game. Oh and I just the saved the day with all of my school boy buddies, now we will fly the Ragnorok that I got in outer space back to Balamb Garden that can magically float all of a sudden"

The end

In all Honosty, you can like FF8, nothing wrong with it. I enjoyed a few parts, really enjoyed the weapon system/junk system. But in reality, FF8 almost ruined the FF series in America. FF9 Saved it, and 10 just redeemed it. 7 Does have the best story. 10's story was good, but gets confusing. If you understand it then it is truly a wonderful story. My favorite is either FF4, FF6, or FF7.

Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)
MrMagic5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Why do people think FF 7 is the best? SERIOUSLY?

Well, I loved 6, hated 7 because its extremely overrated, has pretty much two annoying emo characters with big swords, that really annoyed me, plus, graphics were terrible, there were other games that came out back then that had waaaaaaaay better graphics. Im usually not the type to pick on graphics, since I love the 8bit/16bit era, but seriously, I could hardly look at FF7.

I prefer the Tales series in every possible way anyway though.
I'm sorry, real time fighting system is better than turn taking or an action bar, I would take RTF any day.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
mikeyzdragon24
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Location: Somewhere In Illinois. Creepers don't need to know more.

The original FF1 that started it all (translated)
The American versions really ruined it for me. Don't get me wrong that they are good games.

Last edited by mikeyzdragon24; 10-27-2009 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Prevent flaming >.>
mikeyzdragon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

I think 10 is the best because I just got done playing it after it came out way back in the day when I was a wee kid. It just makes sense
Old 10-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #9
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

I loved 10. Hence my background on my profile lol. But I love the storyline to that game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:06 AM   #10
JenovaSephiroth
pink dragon irl

7 was my favorite

I won't go standing on a soapbox saying it's the best, but it's the one I enjoyed the most haha

One that should be noted is 9, it's a really amazing version
JenovaSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #11
nordia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to nordia Send a message via MSN to nordia Send a message via Skype™ to nordia

9 would definitely be my fave. Great storyline indeed.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #12
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Final Fantasy 7 being the game that had the most impact on me as a gamer in the series, is my favorite cause it's a classic and everything about it is just awesome.

Final Fantasy 9 is an amazing story and very witty, I loved it.

Final Fantasy 1 through 6, all equally amusing but I think the change 7,8 and 9 have is significantly better compared to 1 through 6.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #13
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

FFIX.
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #14
MrMagic5239
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrMagic5239 Send a message via MSN to MrMagic5239

FF12 has a license system to give your characters whatever you wish.

Heavy armor, light armor, Short or Long Swords, Broad Swords or Axes, Spears or Staffs, Measures or Rods etc....

Anyone can become anything you wish basically. FF12 was rather boring with the "main storyline" due to the fact, the final boss was a joke. Half way through playing the game, you come across the Hunts that are twice as hard as the Main Stories final boss.

Not to mention Yiazmat, Final hunt netting 50 million HP

Totally worth fighting for the experience, prize is pretty junky though, last medal for a weapon that isn't worth getting.

Overall, fun and a new swing on the old system. Free ability to roam around every area of a specific map was what I like the best as apposed to running and getting random encounters, the enemies were disperced among the map in which you run across and avoid, or fight.

Different, unique. I would give 12 a 7.5/10 I need the story line to be hard, not sidequests, sry
Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)
MrMagic5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #15
bluguerrilla
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

I agree with Rubix 100% about FFVI.

FF1 was fun when I was 6 and full of ImAgInAtIoN.

FFVI even more so but it's still fun.

But yeah FFVI was the best I played. Maybe one day I'll get around to playing 7,8,9,11,12...
Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #16
BadboyNSDQ
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
Why do people think FF 7 is the best? SERIOUSLY?

Well, I loved 6, hated 7 because its extremely overrated, has pretty much two annoying emo characters with big swords, that really annoyed me, plus, graphics were terrible, there were other games that came out back then that had waaaaaaaay better graphics. Im usually not the type to pick on graphics, since I love the 8bit/16bit era, but seriously, I could hardly look at FF7.

I prefer the Tales series in every possible way anyway though.
I'm sorry, real time fighting system is better than turn taking or an action bar, I would take RTF any day.
they made crisis core with some good graphics for the PSP anyway

Old 10-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #17
coraleaterlinda
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

FFX, probably cause that's the only one I've ever played. But i greatly enjoyed it.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
In all Honosty, you can like FF8, nothing wrong with it. I enjoyed a few parts, really enjoyed the weapon system/junk system. But in reality, FF8 almost ruined the FF series in America. FF9 Saved it, and 10 just redeemed it. 7 Does have the best story. 10's story was good, but gets confusing. If you understand it then it is truly a wonderful story. My favorite is either FF4, FF6, or FF7.
Get your facts straight. Go look up sales for both games. FF7 has sold roughly 10 million copies as of 2009. FF8 have sold rough 8.15 million as of 2003. FF8 still hold the title for fastest selling Final Fantasy game, Its damn close to the FF7 mark (it's had four more years to sell copies AND it's going to be released on the PSN soon). FF9 has sold roughly 5.30 million. FF9 didn't save anything. And FF10 was possibly the easiest Final Fantasy ever who the hell could find that confusing.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #19
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

1. FF6 is probably still my favorite. Fun characters -- I felt like each person had a decent amount of development, unlike the other FF games. The story itself was epic. There were lots of memorable scenes/fights, and well-balanced systems, to boot. The gameplay was extremely non-linear with the numerous sidequests... there was just so much to do. Really hard to find fault with FF6. The definitive FF game, imo.

2. A close second is FF7. I hate FF7 fanboys as much as the next guy, but I really do feel like FF7 is a very decent game. I have many good memories of it. The Materia system was innovative and fun, and the story was complex/interesting. The characters were memorable. Sephiroth is a bit overrated because if anyone truly understood the story, you'd realize he's actually really weak. Jenova is the true enemy of FF7, and is the one who is actually powerful. The graphics were decent considering the times, and the minigames were fun. Lots of memorable tunes, too. Solid game.

3. And a close third is FF9. I loved the medieval theme. The graphics were decent. The characters were fun, and the story was simple to follow (although not very deep). Kuja's a bit too feminine for my tastes, considering that he's a male antagonist, but what really breaks the deal there is the final boss and ending. Necron literally comes out of nowhere. Lame. Other than that, though, the Active Time Events were kinda cool, albeit gimmicky (you could basically force people to watch all the ATE's without the option and have it feel no different than any other game's story event). The game itself wasn't very original, but the upside is that it stuck to a lot of the basics that make RPG games fun, and so I enjoyed FF9. I just wanted a bit more depth in the story. Also lol Ozma.

4. FF4 takes spot four, here. The story was interesting, but the game was too short. Fun soundtrack. The graphics sucked but who cares? Either way the game's a lot of fun. I played this one a long time ago, but I have really good memories of it -- I'll have to play it again sometime soon.

5. FFX was fun... interesting system that was clearly the source of influence for FF12. The characters were cool but came close to bordering on lifeless. The story was cool though, although the Sin "plot twist" was so easy to spot. Braska's Final Aeon kicked ass, even if you had souped up characters. The game felt pretty linear to me though, and the voice acting made me want to punt my own spleen. One thing I loved about FFX was the ending -- where Tidus was in the vast ocean, but they cut away before he hits the surface. It was a beautiful throwback to an earlier quote of his. And then FFX-2 ****ed up the enigmatic status of that ending, UNGH. WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAVE IT, GUYS!?

6. FF5! The job system was interesting and added some variety, although the game was generally too easy up until the end, when the difficulty suddenly ramps up and spits in your face. The story of FF5 was pretty basic (durf durf crystals durf), but in the end, FF5 was a fun little game. Unfortunately, nothing special. Although I do think it was the first to introduce the timebars in battle... but I may be remembering incorrectly.

7. FF3 earns spot 7... the story was practically nonexistent. The balance was way off... I died quite a bit, but I was young and probably just sucked. Too much grinding.

8. For some reason, I find that in the FF community, saying that you liked FF8 earns you some sort of cred. However, I think FF8 was not very good. The graphics were bland in terms of coloring, the characters were SO boring and lifeless -- insipid, vacuous, and easily forgotten -- and the story was about as interesting as plywood. The Junction system was a decent throwback to FF6, but Drawing was so tedious. The game mechanics were otherwise solid but WAY too easy to exploit -- the balance was way off and it was clear they didn't create the game around optimization points. There needed to be an obvious downside to repeated drawing/Aura utilizations to instill some hesitance. I can appreciate the fact that FF8 tried to introduce some innovation and new concepts, but it all just did not feel like your normal FF game, and it just wasn't fun. FF8 was ****ty, and you know it.

9. Final Fantasy 1. Fun for its time, but ****, I need characters.

10. Final Fantasy 2... what the ****? Almost everything about that game has been improved upon by now.

11. FFX-2. Okay. Seriously. Who the ****... what the hell? What the ****? This game is about as fun as a donkey's gall bladder. It was like if you went to a girl's slumber party and gave them weapons. It was the most painful game ever. And yes, I forced myself to finish it to get the best ending. OH LOOK, TIDUS IS BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND. Way to ruin the strength of the FFX ending. So much **** in this game was just tacked on, and everything felt so disjoint. Sissy excuse for an FF game.

I haven't played FFXI or FFXII yet so I can't give an opinion on either.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-29-2009 at 01:10 PM..
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #20
~Zero~
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~Zero~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Zero~

FF1 - 2 - 3: Didnt play
FF4: I rather enjoyed the story and game play because Cecil was the man
FF5: The job system idea was pretty cool for awhile, but i ended up hating. Too much training involve to master all of them
FF6: Is one of my fav's, the story is good and the characters are pretty well made
FF7: Obviously another good one
FF8: The game was alright, squall imo is cooler than cloud. The Card game was an interesting treat which i ended up playing a lot
FF9: Card game is much more complicated :[ and the characters are lol, Zidane
FF10: Great game and story line and the one with the best graphics (up to this point)
FF10-2: Horrible hated it, could beat the whole game just by pressing A, no strategy needed
FF12: Hated the battle system, weird story, beat it just to beat it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
More like Tier ~0~
~Zero~ is offline   Reply With Quote