Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #381
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
I've got a question. I started playing about two weeks ago and now I'm at level 44. At what point should I start worrying about gear? PvE has been easy so far, and I haven't needed to focus too much on improving my equipment (thanks in part to Devonin and his guild running me through a few dungeons), so I haven't really focused on keeping up. I think I'm still using a level 30 requirement thing somewhere.

Now I'm a mage, so I imagine the things I should be improving are Intellect, Spirit, and spell power more than anything, but it doesn't feel like I've ever been in need of anything more than what I've gotten. Is it worth it to try and keep up with gear as I level or just wait until tougher instances start opening up?
Don't know if you got BC or not, but your entire gearset will be replaced within about thirty minutes of being in Outland. The same goes for Northrend.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #382
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

If you were in BC and managed to T5, your gear won't be replaced until you're like 75ish.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #383
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho View Post
If you were in BC and managed to T5, your gear won't be replaced until you're like 75ish.
My lock was mostly in t5 content gear with like once thing from BT and...I didn't replace it until level doing instances...never ran an instance before 80 in WotLK though =/
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #384
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

I was in full T6 gear and I didn't replace it until I hit Naxx.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #385
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I wasn't

My guild didn't get past kara.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #386
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Although Karazhan is the easiest and most favorite of all Burning Crusade raids, the way the game was designed made it a difficult one to complete. Our guild spent nearly 3 months working on before we were able to fully clear it. It's not that big of a deal if you weren't able to clear Karazhan.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:20 AM   #387
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
I've done it every hour on the hour almost for 2 days now and still haven't gotten a bag of candy.
WTH, srs? by the end of the event i have 4 extra bags and really havnt done it that much =S
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #388
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, by the end of the event, I had two black dresses, nine bags, three picnic baskets, and four total Horde Gift Collections.

This was a really easy achievement to get, assuming you had time to play.

I ran OS-10, Vault-10, VH, HoL, and UK today. I can just about afford Sundial of the Exiled, which is the 2nd best Trinket for spellcasters behind Dying Curse, which I was fortunate to roll high on during my first and only Naxx-25.

Last edited by Squeek; 02-17-2009 at 04:59 AM..
Old 02-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #389
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, I still didnt get it.

Suckiest day ever. :P

Nice, Squeek.

EDIT:
Quote:
We still are not convinced that warrior tanks are operating at some huge deficit compared to other tanks. There are going to be situations where one or the other classes are going to feel easier as tanks, just because the abilities and mechanics are still different despite all of our homogenization (and we really don't want to homogenize any more).
Nice lie Ghostcrawler

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 02-17-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Old 02-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #390
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

17 bars in 4 hours at 77. Could have done it faster, but i wasted time buying mats for a blue set and doing an instance. I have a full blue boe set ready for level 78.

Edit: most of that total time played is due to leaving my game on and botting at level 70.

Last edited by Izzy; 02-17-2009 at 02:34 PM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #391
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture

I just got WotLK today WEWT! I'm going to try and lvl as fast as I can (which is unusal for me since usually I lvl slow to enjoy all the content), but My guild has almost cleared Naxx and I wanna be 80 before they do. We're quickly becoming a top ranking raid guild on Ghostlands.

@Izzy

That's an intresting bartender 4 set up. Mine is completely different (and this may be because I'm a hunter) I have three bars in the bottom left hand corner. 1st is for shots and shot spells, 2nd is for melee abilites (Raptor strike, wing clip, feign death, disengage, etc.) Flare, auto-shot, and rapid fire. 3rd is for pet abilites (Beastial wrath, kill command, etc), Scare beast and trinket abilites. I have a bar next to the 3rd bar that is my pet bar (mend pet, revive pet, call pet, etc), eyes of the beast and eagle eye. Then I have my bags, micro menu under that. On the middle right I have my tracking abilites, food, hearth, drink, and professions. And on the left middle I have aspects. And lastly there is a bar above the chat box with traps
Vuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #392
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I like to keep my buttons spaced out in sections. The main bar is still right in the center, with cooldowns every other space in the bar above it (like .:.:.:.:.:.). Then I have a full space between each elemental section for each totem type (like :: :: ::: ::: ), and then there are two vertical bars on the right side. Buffs, rarely-used skills, and non-combat skills are stacked in two bars under the chat. The vertical columns store my professions and mounts, and it is where I put temporary quest items.

I thought this style would only work with Shaman, but a lot of other classes (maybe all of them?) have buffs that "can only have one at a time", like Hunter Aspects or Paladin Auras. I space them all out so when I'm buffing, I just pick one from each section.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #393
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I'm working on binding all my stuff to keys, it's just that I don't want to figure out how to set up bartender so that it's not a huge block.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #394
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I may have to get a mod for bars just for my shaman. I had no problem placing skills on the bars for my priest. Hell, I have so many free spots, I put toys and other trinkets I have on there so I don't have to go through the hassle of going into my bags to use them.

My warrior was a bit iffy because he almost filled every single possible spot on the bar. However, I managed to fit everything I normally used on the regular interface.

My shaman however. He's not 60 yet and both my right side bars are filled with totems and the bottom bars are filled with all my healing and damage spell. I know between where he's currently at and 80, he will get a ton of new spells to use, so I'll definitely need more bars.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #395
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Level 79.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #396
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

I have a new record for my shield slam; 9904 crit on a boss in 25man Naxx.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #397
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Thaddius?

I think my best is 8500 (without a buff for damage increase from the bosses like curator.)

Quote:
Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 AM   #398
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Nope, my record on Thaddius, is an alarming 21k.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:04 AM   #399
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sadly I couldn't see my damage during Thaddius as I was too busy not dying, and the achievements thing does not record it since my highest damage is 250,000 from some siege quest, so the best I can go off of for comparative purposes is a 12k crit I just got in a 5-man pug at VH.

Ran OS and got my t7.5 gloves, but they suck. Blizz screwed up the stats for our t7 and t7.5 gloves, and from what I've read, we've been screwed on gloves for almost every tier. Ran Vault and got the chest, but I gave it to someone else because I don't PVP and I already had the t7 chest, which he did not. And he actually PVPd, so he deserved it.

Bought the new trinket as mentioned earlier and it's now a bonus of ~1,400 spellpower if they both proc at the same time. That's a little less than double my base SP.

And in that run I got 12k on, I did more DPS than #2 and #3 combined: a rogue and a mage. In the 25-man OS, I got 2nd to a Mage. In the 25-man Vault, I got fourth.

It's a good thing I got recount yesterday. It's a fun little tool.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:58 AM   #400
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Lately I'm pulling 2800-3200 DPS in raids, even with my crappy gear which should get better when I run another Naxx-25 tomorrow. It feels good to have PUGs for VoA constantly whispering me saying "dude your dps is sick bro".

oh and best crit i've had was last week in 10-man voa which was a 12879 envenom

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote