Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #121
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Current Seniors

That's what I do - I don't do homework during lectures, and I don't have to study for as long to perform my best on a test.

That also completely changes my perspective on schooling. It just seems like a lot of reiterating of information and insecurity. I mean really, how am I supposed to know how I did on something until I get the actual grade back? Many things done in my classes I've lost most interest in but I still do it anyways and try to retain what goes on.

It seems like Spanish and history are the only classes I have where I don't need to rely on notes as much, but rather I just get it quickly and am able to remember it. It's still disappointing how a lot of things are memorization though, because many things in your life are memorization too. How would you have a broad range of vocabulary if you didn't remember how you used the words and what they mean?
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #122
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
That's what I do - I don't do homework during lectures, and I don't have to study for as long to perform my best on a test.

That also completely changes my perspective on schooling. It just seems like a lot of reiterating of information and insecurity. I mean really, how am I supposed to know how I did on something until I get the actual grade back? Many things done in my classes I've lost most interest in but I still do it anyways and try to retain what goes on.

It seems like Spanish and history are the only classes I have where I don't need to rely on notes as much, but rather I just get it quickly and am able to remember it. It's still disappointing how a lot of things are memorization though, because many things in your life are memorization too. How would you have a broad range of vocabulary if you didn't remember how you used the words and what they mean?
The more you use things, the more they stick.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #123
Patricoo
FFR Player

Anyone who is scared or concerned about the worries of college, don't be. Your first semester will just be the same High School material reiterated at you, except you don't have the stress of finding someone to bring to a homecoming dance. The first semester is essentially just an extension of your senior year minus the requirement of having to make friends.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #124
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricoo View Post
Anyone who is scared or concerned about the worries of college, don't be. Your first semester will just be the same High School material reiterated at you, except you don't have the stress of finding someone to bring to a homecoming dance. The first semester is essentially just an extension of your senior year minus the requirement of having to make friends.
This rarely true... At least at University it is.
I've been told that "College" is the same thing as "University" in the States. Here in Canada, college is a much easier and more "high school" like environment. University here is nothing like highschool, at all... :S
Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #125
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

Senior here too. It's not college that scares me, it's getting into a good one that does, especially since i want to major in Architecture or Civil Engineering, and i see how hard my dad works having not gone to college owning his own business.

I want the great college experience, but my class rank and grades are piss poor. I mean not like D average bad, but 3.0 unweighted seems too average for colleges to like.

I wanted to go to JMU or UMD as first choices. PSU was one but no way i'm getting in. If not i'm hoping i can just go to Howard CC and take cores and whatnot for a few years then transfer into UMD, but i'm not sure if it works that way, i mean i'm pretty sure my credits will transfer but it's kinda strange, this whole college apps system.

I need to submit my **** by Nov 1st. It's kinda making me nervous.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #126
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

I was a senior last year

Now I'm at the University of Florida
Old 10-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #127
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic View Post
Senior here too. It's not college that scares me, it's getting into a good one that does, especially since i want to major in Architecture or Civil Engineering, and i see how hard my dad works having not gone to college owning his own business.

I want the great college experience, but my class rank and grades are piss poor. I mean not like D average bad, but 3.0 unweighted seems too average for colleges to like.

I wanted to go to JMU or UMD as first choices. PSU was one but no way i'm getting in. If not i'm hoping i can just go to Howard CC and take cores and whatnot for a few years then transfer into UMD, but i'm not sure if it works that way, i mean i'm pretty sure my credits will transfer but it's kinda strange, this whole college apps system.

I need to submit my **** by Nov 1st. It's kinda making me nervous.
Maryland reppin' B)
UMD has become a fairly reputable school but I think that with a little effort you can still make it work. JMU is pretty decent too from what I hear

Iirc they have like a priority deadline that makes it more likely for you to get in right? I'd def. apply before then (11/1 sounds about right)

Don't go to HCC, it's not like the TV show Community with fun and giggles and life lessons err day mang :'(

How's your extracurriculars and stuff? Maybe you fluked/can fluke a cool score on your SAT
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #128
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
Maryland reppin' B)
UMD has become a fairly reputable school but I think that with a little effort you can still make it work. JMU is pretty decent too from what I hear

Iirc they have like a priority deadline that makes it more likely for you to get in right? I'd def. apply before then (11/1 sounds about right)

Don't go to HCC, it's not like the TV show Community with fun and giggles and life lessons err day mang :'(

How's your extracurriculars and stuff? Maybe you fluked/can fluke a cool score on your SAT
Hell yeah man, Marylands is was up.
Alot of people from Maryland go to JMU, it's kinda a hot spot.
Yeah 11/1 is the priority deadline, i'm gonna get it before then.
Well, HCC is my backup-backup, if all else fails.

Um, Freshmen Track '08, JV Track '10, Varsity Track '11, secretary/vice-president of international club, student of the month. thats rly all i got.

I got 1650 on SATs, 10 on essay. first try so I know i improved big time second time around, I'll find out when results come in in ten days.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #129
sameoldbloodrush!
FFR Player

Applying to colleges.
UD in particular. They don't have the major I really wanna do, so I'm still looking into other schools. I'd rather not leave state though. >:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
That's what she said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles2224 View Post
They sentenced him 300 years cause this is sparta.
sameoldbloodrush! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #130
Rubin0
FFR Player

Not high school...I'm a senior in college graduating in December. I'm getting ready for the GRE's which is pretty much the same as SATs for adults. Then I'll be off to grad school and studying to be a Forensic Psychologist and pursuing a career with the FBI.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #131
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to footbull3196

I'm a senior in high school right now, I don't wanna graduate though, I really don't want to go to college. Like all my friends are gonna be leaving and going off to lots of different colleges while I'm probably staying here and going to UT Dallas, which is like 15 mins from my house. It's actually kinda sad how most of my friends are gonna be gone after this year.

I never thought I would want to stay in school when I was younger, but I finally see what my parents used to tell me. They were always like "Enjoy your days in school, because the workforce is hell". Well, when I was younger, of course I didn't know any better, so I hated school. But now that I'm older and I know all the stuff that's ahead of me, it makes so much sense because I don't have to worry about supporting myself or anything like that

And now Sen11or year is finally here, and it's going by wayyyy too fast. I just wish I could somehow do senior year twice, cuz it's definitely the best year of school I've ever had so far. I actually kinda enjoy going to school now, I don't know if it's because I transferred schools this year or because it's senior year, but I wish I could stay at my school another year, because I can't even imagine what the rest of my life is gonna pan out to.

Ima still visit my school all the time though, because I have a bunch of friends there that are juniors, and I'll probably visit my teachers again. It's gonna be depressing going back there though, cuz I have so many memories, and a bunch that haven't happened yet either.

I guess nothing is meant to be permanent
footbull3196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #132
BBoyGNF
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BBoyGNF Send a message via MSN to BBoyGNF Send a message via Yahoo to BBoyGNF Send a message via Skype™ to BBoyGNF

Super Senior in HS. Sucks, I still have another year as well. Don't be a dips**t your first two years, kids.

So I have to go back and recover all the credits I lost, except for any electives I'll take. I won't be getting into a college either. I'm currently planning to take the ACT just to give myself a little bit of redemption, then off to a tech school. Maybe community college as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BBoyGNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #133
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBoyGNF View Post
Super Senior in HS. Sucks, I still have another year as well. Don't be a dips**t your first two years, kids.

So I have to go back and recover all the credits I lost, except for any electives I'll take. I won't be getting into a college either. I'm currently planning to take the ACT just to give myself a little bit of redemption, then off to a tech school. Maybe community college as well.
Ouch, two years. Good luck dude!
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #134
ki-ko
FFR Player

Ah, the senior life.
I wish it would just end personally.
This is my second year as a senior.
D:
ki-ko is offline   Reply With Quote