Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #1561
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix
Default Re: League of Legends

People underestimate Tryn imo, they say he can get shut down too easily which doesn't make sense to me because he farms easily, ganks extremely well, and his ult is hell to any AD/AP carry when they're trying to get away
Old 11-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #1562
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Tryndamere + inexperienced players = easiest wins possible. Until people figure out more how to counter more effectively, Trynd will roll them.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #1563
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Tryn has seen a revival lately because of the new masteries. It's not just inexperienced players that are losing to him now. He's getting plenty of action in high elo games.

He was always dangerous if fed. The problem was you couldn't feed him before. However, it's not so hard now.

He's really annoying as a Singed player, since he's probably the only champion in the game I actually have to worry about running into 1v1. He can kill a fully stacked Singed in seconds if fed enough, in which case if he gets in on your team everyone dies, because of that damn ultimate.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #1564
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lols , get lvl 30 and play ranked games ^^
things will change so drastically , especially if it comes to champion selections and tactis / warding + positioning and map awareness ^^

and agree with Kibblre , tryn is powerfull, but an easy counter as well, in addition he is a brainoff champ, easy to learn and easy to master, since there arent many variations in playing him, just necessary to learn in using his ultimate at the right time ^^
Old 11-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #1565
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Who are you talking to?

Tryndamere is one of the most played champions @ 2k+ ELO in NA.

http://www.lolstatistics.com/champions/na/3/11-26-2011

A lot of strong players agree that is he one of the strongest soloQ champions right now. I don't really know what you're getting at.

Maybe minacious can comment on this, since I think they're the only high ELO player here. I don't think tryndamere is just a pubstomper.

Quote:
I don't ever see ww or rammus picked in the streamed MLG tournaments, either.

You're free to think what you want, but I can't tell you how many times I play a game and people say later, "I can't believe how OP nunu is. Once he's anywhere near us we're all dead. Ice Blast needs a nerf so bad."

And say what you want about his ganks, but as far as jungling goes he's probably the best. His consume basically gives him another smite that heals him.

I'm hesitant to try skarner because there's clearly a nerf coming.
WW is considered a pretty shit jungler right now, but rammus is a monster. He has become extremely popular lately. WW can't gank early, is slow and overshadowed by a ton of other picks.

However, I agree Nunu is a great jungler. He is just NOT a highly contested pick right now, as champions like Udyr, Trundle, Skarner, Lee Sin, Gangplank and Rammus are just a lot more popular, but Nunu is definitely still a great jungler.

Last edited by Reach; 11-26-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Old 11-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #1566
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

And for the record, just because you don't see a champion played in tournaments doesn't mean they aren't a good pick.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #1567
xferrarix
FFR Player

That's not even the point

All I was saying is people underestimate Tryndamere, and lately he's been more used in higher ELO games from what livestreams and gameplay I've seen from other players.

Edit: With the new masteries he's become overpowered. I'm not sure how since I don't play Tryn.

Last edited by xferrarix; 11-26-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Old 11-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #1568
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
That's not even the point

All I was saying is people underestimate Tryndamere, and lately he's been more used in higher ELO games from what livestreams and gameplay I've seen from other players.

Edit: With the new masteries he's become overpowered. I'm not sure how since I don't play Tryn.
I wasn't trying to attack anybody personally with my post (if even your post is referring to mine), just saying that I hate how people judge a champion's worth based on the amount they are played in a tournament setting and by Elementz' tier list.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #1569
xferrarix
FFR Player

Oh yeah, just because they say someone like Shaco isn't viable in Solo queue doesn't mean someone can't own with him. Some champions I can agree with them on; for example Malphite is considered terrible because of what abilities he offers (that aren't already offered by better champions.. cough Alistar).
Old 11-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #1570
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Maybe minacious can comment on this, since I think they're the only high ELO player here. I don't think tryndamere is just a pubstomper.
I'm not sure if I qualify as high ELO, since I don't feel like I am, but I have hit high 1700's recently. In any case, here's my thoughts:

Trynd is not viable in tournaments because he's very easily kited and shut down with coordinated teams, but in solo queue, where it's much more difficult to coordinate these kinds of things, Trynd can easily do some insane damage to a team. His sustain is ridiculous, and he snowballs harder than almost every other champion in the game. In solo queue, he's banned because no one wants to risk the possibility of Trynd getting fed for whatever reason, because once he gets fed there's no stopping him.

As for junglers, Nunu has dropped in viability a bit because he doesn't provide much to a fight late game. Early game, his jungling is still as solid as ever, and he can counter jungle and invade like a beast, but that means nothing if he can't get his team to snowball hard enough to avoid the late game that nunu is so poor at. Lots of jungle champions do close to what Nunu does now, but better and with stronger killing power.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #1571
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
Oh yeah, just because they say someone like Shaco isn't viable in Solo queue doesn't mean someone can't own with him. Some champions I can agree with them on; for example Malphite is considered terrible because of what abilities he offers (that aren't already offered by better champions.. cough Alistar).
Shaco is a monster in soloq >_> actually, elementz has him in tier 1. He's easily one of the strongest champions in the game in solo if you're good with him IMO. I'd say he's up there with Kassadin and Graves right now.

Shaco can cripple entire teams during the laning phase. His presence makes laning very difficult as his ganks are highly successful since even when warded you often can't see him coming, and his counter jungle can destroy enemy junglers, completely forfeiting all map control. He's nasty to play against, since you can't really counter him in jungle unless you have a death wish. You basically have to ward all things, CV and prolong the game.

And Stargroup...I would definitely say that qualifies as high ELO, since that puts you in a top percentage of LoL players.

Thanks for the input on Trynd. I suspected exactly that.

Last edited by Reach; 11-27-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Old 11-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #1572
xferrarix
FFR Player

I was wondering why he has had a ban streak lately, lol.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #1573
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

What I like about Nunu late game is that I'll have built 2-3 aura items that support my team in a fight and when I pop my ult it makes the entire enemy team focus an off-tank just to interrupt me. And even then, they're slowed and my team has a good chance of picking them apart.

However, I should definitely broaden my horizons if I want to be a solid jungler. I should learn Skarner, Trundle, Gangplank, and Udyr for sure, if for no other reason than that they can fill different roles on a team.

I just felt the need to defend my favorite yeti<3.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

Last edited by All_That_Chaz; 11-26-2011 at 11:28 PM..
Old 11-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #1574
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

I played a game earlier today as Trynd and the Veigar on the other team got 3-hit by me and proceeded to QQ. Hard. Trynd is so op. XD
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 11-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #1575
xferrarix
FFR Player

skarner is fun to play, whenever i get the ip ill prob get him next

Our annie kept DCing so practically 4v5. other team had a bad fidds and orianna tho
Old 11-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #1576
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

I added a lot of you guys. Teach me to be really good. I'm trying out new champs and have a big list to play already gonna hit up ranked once I get good enough.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #1577
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Just downloaded, will fiddle with this tomorrow when I'm free. I'll repost in this thread at some point when I've actually learned enough to not embarrass myself.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #1578
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Just downloaded, will fiddle with this tomorrow when I'm free. I'll repost in this thread at some point when I've actually learned enough to not embarrass myself.
Now you have to play Fiddlesticks first...
Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #1579
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisReams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Now you have to play Fiddlesticks first...

Old 11-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #1580
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

steve u bad me carry u long tiem
<3