wolf Panda
seer Panda

Day 4:
tupac-a2p
a2p-fic
u84-tupac, syhto, afro, vic, jwc

u84 is insta'd

Wolves Win

MVP - syhto for being active throughout the entire game, faking psychic, and getting the pressure off of you during the last day, also, providing the means necessary to lynch the seer.

LVP - EVERYONE ELSE! This includes wolves and humans (but not manti, since he didnt really get a chance to play for real). BE ACTIVE DAMMIT! If you're going to sign up for a game or sub in, make sure that you will be able to put some time into it, otherwise this ****storm will happen every time! Also, the humans need to get their acts together. This is two games in a row where there was a clean sweep. Afro and fic do get gold stars though for being active and not following everyone else.

Questionable Content

Last edited by clarinet89; 11-11-2009 at 01:57 AM..
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P
Default Re: TWG XC: Deja Vu POSTGAME

*faking psychic
Old 11-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

**** you syhto for getting me killed over stupid ****.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm hosting next game

it's gonna be normal

and theres gonna be an additional rule

i call it the "manti witness protection act"

stay tuned
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

If LVP is for inactivity, I don't think fiction or me or a few others should qualify for it. If you want to give it to us for failing to lynch any wolves before day 4, that I can understand a little, and I'd even take the brunt of that since I was behind most of them, but inactivity? Hell no.

Quote:
also, getting the real seer lynched
HEY! That was ALL ME! She only helped me by posting logs.

ps maki you were killed because fiction seeded it and I went along for it as a decent process-of-elimination sort of choice. She went for it since she was a wolf, but that's not why you died. Blame Fiction and me, I'd say.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

I loved getting killed simply because I changed my opinion on someone once I got more information on him. Really I did. Really!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 AM   #7
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

Updated M/LVP. LVP wasn't just for inactivity, but I just forgot to add the rest.

Questionable Content
Old 11-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

OK so A2P wanted a critique for his wolf performance, so here it is.

1. Post more often (not jokey posts, but serious ones that are related to the game). Be more actve in general. The more active you are in expressing whatever opinion you have the less you are on the "inactive player wolf suspects" list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacodaman View Post
at this point, I will vote a2p because I find his posts a bit defensive and forced
people notice this sort of stuff

2. Getting easily defensive is a bad thing. It can put you into a bad light and bring you p a suspect list. Realize that the person may be baiting you to test your reactions. Be calm and rational.

That's all I have for now. If I can think of more, I'll add it later.

Questionable Content

Last edited by clarinet89; 11-11-2009 at 02:14 AM..
Old 11-11-2009, 02:56 AM   #9
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

So first off: besides fic and afro, we all need to post more. All of us need to talk more on AIM. While it is true that I was not active until the past few days due to some lame ass tests/projects I had due, I was on AIM pretty much 24/7, as usual, and would have responded had anyone IM'd me. I think sc and freezin talked to me a few times and that was it. Again, I realize I myself wasn't constantly active the entire time, but I still made an effort to vote and somewhat follow the thread.

So here are some thoughts on the interactions I had with people

1. Viccica - wolf: I was suspicious of you being a wolf since you were being so much more inactive than usual. Plus, the fact that your list of four potential wolves was something along the lines of emy, sc, gun, and panda. something like that. everyone who I was not really suspicious of being a wolf (besides gun, who I could have seen being a wolf). so I thought that was sketchy. Thanks for replying to late night texting though, and sorry again

2. Panda Express - human : sorry, didn't get talk to you much and did not hear from you. You shouldn't make jokesy comments about "being the 4th wolf" and such though

3. FictionJunction - human: You were active but were a bit suspicious with the whole "maki" vote. That one line you said about "the experiment backfiring" really made me, afro, and sc (I believe at least) think you as the master wolf. Then again, I wasn't exactly trustworthy at first either. But yea, just watch what you say so you don't accidentally incriminate yourself

4. FreezinIce - human - Was pretty sure you were human, and I think you answered well to the people who thought you a wolf for that one phase. It's too bad the wolves killed you early on

5. Makilaz - human - Didn't really get to talk to you either, but you gave up way too easily when fic was accusing you. I didn't think you were a wolf, but obviously others did, so you should have tried everything possible to convince them otherwise, though you were kind of screwed cuz everyone wanted to lynch you

6. tupacodaman - human, sup guys

7. DarkManticoreX2 - psychic -
wolved N1 D'OH ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

8. Afrobean - human: Based on your attack/rant on me I could tell you were human since, if anyone actually read over it, you could see that there weren't too many "real" arguments and that you just seemed to have mistrust me. plus the fact that you didn't keep pursuing me. but in the end it all worked out and you saw me as human. guess I need to work on being less sketchy. but yea, again, you really do need to keep all possibilities in mind. If something is unlikely and in the back of your head, it doesn't mean that you're "spreading fud".

9. Ruritsu - human - Wolved N2: again, didn't get to talk to you much, but figures you weren't red

10. emerald000 - human - lynched D2. also didn't get to talk to you

11. sc979 - human. You seemed earnest enough and managed to stay unsuspicious in everyone's eyes. wish more humans could be like that haha. I like how you called out afro for being a wolf, even though you ended up being wrong. no one should be afraid to state what he/she believes in. just have to know when to admit that you're wrong, if you are

12. jwcgator - MW.ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHAT IS THIS BULL****! I was worried when I saw you came out of your hiding hole to vote u84 and considered taking my vote off cuz I was like no way is he a human JUST now becoming active. Seriously though, it's not cool to be this inactive. This is not acceptable from someone of you and BDN's caliber. More upset at BDN since this is becoming a trend, and you were just a sub so I can't blame you if you weren't expecting to get subbed in.

13. Gun92 - human - lynched D1. I said why I didn't think you were a wolf. Sucks that the game you decide to be aggressive (though you picked someone who was green too lol). Hope to see/hear more from you in general in future games

14. a2p - wolf. If I hadn't been distracted by u84's retarded fake logs and by fic's weird "messed up experiment"... yea... as I posted earlier in the game, you did seem to be fragmented in your posts. just because you're hiding as a red doesn't mean you can't post quality posts like you did in the metroid game. it's obvious when you're not being active/posting to avoid potential slip-ups
15. u84 - seer - lynched D4.
DUDE WTFFFFFFF AGGHHH
So first off, if you're seer, you shouldn't be trusting multiple people like you did. While you did assume that I was green, you shouldn't have told me anything about "seering afro and syhto". I was already confused since you had claimed to have seered 5 people... but didn't say anything before consulting with afro.... who of course had weird/mismatching info from you, leading us to think you were a wolf. seriously though... when you told me syhto was red, I was like oh ok good let's lynch her... but then you said "no hold up til tomorrow". and by then I'd talked to syhto/afro and seen that you f'ed up in telling us shiz. this reminds me of the game where you faked a log between me and you and you had a broken phone/computer/whatever so that the "l" key typed an "r". you forgot that and put a typo in the supposed things I had said. I noticed and called you out and rallied the greens to lynch you instead of me (though we still lost of course cuz our team was inactive as ****). anyway, don't mess around, especially when you're seer. you really should have come out JUST to one of your seered greens and had THEM post, like the original idea behind this whole thing was. ugh

syhto - wolf. Well played, and if u84 hadn't LIED straight up to me and afro I was going to vote for you. Your responses to my arguments didn't make any sense and I'm surprised no one saw that, but then again, u84 took away the pressure from you . You definitely get MVP tho for saving the wolves' asses

General statement: If you're going to lie (relating mostly to u84), don't make the lie so intricate that you yourself forget all the details of it. If you have a great memory, you can lie to just about anyone: the trick then is how to become more convincing in your delivery

human fail
Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

There are three keys to lying, I would say. Consistency, believability, and simply being able to maintain cover. Your lies need to be the same across the board, your lies need to not contradict existing info or other lies, and you have to be able to NOT BE CAUGHT (hint: faking logs can always be caught if both players in the log are still alive).

Don't tell three people three different stories. u84 telling me, syhto and tupac three different stories really ****ed stuff up. Even without the log faking malarkey, that alone might have been enough for me to get you killed (although I probably wouldn't have bothered considering I was the one who told you to lie about syhto). I was actually in favor of lying to get syhto lynched, but when you didn't employ the tactic across the board, it worried me, especially since you didn't post anything in the thread about it.

And believability. You tell tupac both syhto and I had been seer'd? No. Don't do that. It was PAINFULLY obvious that if I had been seer'd, it would have been the previous night, so don't immediately say that syhto had been seer'd red as well, because she too could only have been seer'd the previous night.

If you had just gone along with my lie plan things would have gone off without a hook. We would have taken down syhto and probably a2p following that. From there, vicc and jwc wouldn't have been too hard to pick out of the lineup, particularly since my initial guess of the 4 wolves when I was told we had lost was only off by one (guessed fiction instead of vicc lol, but vicc wasn't exactly off my radar either).

Or if you had just remained silent, not talking to syhto, not talking to me, not talking to tupac. Hell, even if you had just not said a word to me alone. We would have built a slow lynch on syhto based on that likely bogus panda story, and again following the next day with probably a2p and so on, probably allowing for a human win.

Or if you had told me you had seer'd syhto red. I would have said "oh, so you decided not to go with my plan, whatever though, let's just lynch her." And everything would have been fine, because I had no reason not to trust you.

Or if you had just presented the log honestly. I was already leaning toward voting for syhto simply because the case of you being a wolf was so implausible. Had you presented your case honestly, I would have sided with you. Even if you just said "syhto told me she's the psychic and i trusted her for a moment but now I think she actually is a wolf faking blue to try to save herself," I would have went along with what you said. Because I would have had no reason to distrust your judgment, especially when I was already leaning toward syhto at that point anyway. Before I compared logs with syhto, I even was trying to help you orchestrate a plan that would help the wolves think you weren't really the seer (not that it would have worked, in all honesty, particularly after the three of us had that chat together). But I guess what I'm really trying to say here is: don't ****ing fake logs to try to strengthen your argument, when the person you're showing the logs already trusts you and is already on your side. You doing that made me **** us, you doing that made me hand the game over to the wolves on our last chance.

If I hadn't known you had faked logs at me, you wouldn't have died. If you hadn't faked logs at me, you wouldn't have died. Please don't be bitchy at me when it was your actions that directly led to your death. There are a myriad of things you could have done differently, correctly, that would have had day 4 ending with Syhto hanging from the end of a rope instead of you.

ps tupac, excellent analysis. I'm starting to think I haven't given you enough credit. Apply yourself more in the games, be more confident in your ideas, and be more of an individual.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #11
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Haha yeah sorry I never intended to play, I just knew BDN needed a replacement so I stepped in, and being a wolf made it that much harder to actually post anything constructive from stuff that's already gone down. Don't worry, I don't plan on signing up for any subsequent TWGs for at least 3 months <3.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 AM   #12
Hufsa
FFR Player

Right, I missed signing up for this game by an hour or so, which sucked, but it was an entertaining read. The games over on the site I help administer are getting a tad too complex for my liking, so I'd like to latch on here assuming you guys stick to the basics.

I've got to say that I don't think this past game should have happened, however. There's no way a game with no Guard and a 3:1 human-wolf ratio is balanced. Blame the humans' struggles on inactivity if you will, or credit strong wolf play, but I think the main reason the last two games have been four-and-outs is that they're slanted more than slightly toward the wolves. That's just my two cents, though.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #13
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Had had 2/4 nailed down half way through the game. Oh well. I don't think I'll stop trying this aggressive card just cause of one mishap, it was more fun this way then my normal way of playing. Maybe Ill just tone it down a little bit next time.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Hey Panda, WTF with that move d1?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufsa View Post
Right, I missed signing up for this game by an hour or so, which sucked, but it was an entertaining read. The games over on the site I help administer are getting a tad too complex for my liking, so I'd like to latch on here assuming you guys stick to the basics.

I've got to say that I don't think this past game should have happened, however. There's no way a game with no Guard and a 3:1 human-wolf ratio is balanced. Blame the humans' struggles on inactivity if you will, or credit strong wolf play, but I think the main reason the last two games have been four-and-outs is that they're slanted more than slightly toward the wolves. That's just my two cents, though.
Yeah, right now the plan is to get us to become better players by making us actually talk to each other and not depend on the classic "seer come out and have the guard guard him" alliance, but I think that unfortunately, as seen from the last two games, there's no way this game is fair given that about half of the participants are inactive as ballllz. And when three of the four wolves never post anything and just ride the efforts of one strong wolf. I guess that 3:1 ratio doesn't help either

I hope people see my point earlier about doing mystery games/more complicated games that give people roles, no matter how small, to make them feel like they should get active. even if you guys don't like that though, we at least HAVE to start monitoring who signs up more. fiver, maybe we could extend invitations to the folks at lthe emmy's land twg forum who are very active overall (though sadly I signed up for two games there when shouldn't have and was thus inactive )
Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
u84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think I'll say it again.. YOU GUYS ARE ****ING RETARDED.

Afro, shut the **** up. You and I clearly talked about, because I had slipped up with syhto, saving my ass by telling everyone i seered syhto red. You knew I seered Panda and that I was going to tell people that I had seered Syhto. How the **** would you simply forget this upon being confronted by syhto or tupac? Seriously, don't critique me on lying when you clearly ****ed everything up. I had everything going perfectly and then you went and ****ed it up and got me lynched, by insta, no less.

I will admit, syhto, you are a ****ing master liar. I dug up some of your old posts and you' have a ****ing MD in Psychology? Seriously, good ****ing job. I had completely disregarded my suspicions just long enough to let you in. It wasn't until too late that I realized you were bull****.. And clearly, if I thought you were a wolf, why on earth would I tell you I seered you or Panda? If I said you, you'd have been like "Yeah, you're dead next phase." I said Afro because I wanted you to confide in Afro and maybe get caught by him, too. He already had a good deal on you, so I figured he would be good for getting more out of you. Then you went and mind-****ed him, too.. Seriously, good job. MVP all the way.

Tupac, you shut the **** up, too. I never said to you that I was the seer, just that the seer had seered syhto red. In fact, I simply stated that I had faked to syhto about being seer. I didn't place any trust in you. I thought you may have been a wolf and was hoping that maybe if you thought I was faking your partner, you would tell her and she would kill someone else the next night. It wasn't until Afro ****ed up that you realized I was the seer.

TL;DR: Afro and Tupac are ****ing idiots. Syhto is amazing. I want to make it clear I was fine with the lying, just Afro ****ed it up and that I had made plans with Afro as to the "readings" I was going to give other people. How he forgot that, I will never know..

Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.

Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #17
u84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Seriously, you've no idea how ****ing pissed off you guys are getting me with this bull****. My delivery was fine. I had people under my thumb. When one person ****s up and lets it all go to hell, how is it my fault? I had a clear plan with Afro. I didn't **** up any of the recurring lies I had going. I knew exactly what I was telling you and syhto. Don't ever critique me on false knowledge again, dammit.

And what is this bull**** about tupac? Really, I have the logs if you want to see them. I plainly only told him syhto was seered red. If I said anything about Afro, it was that I trusted him, not that he was green. And this bull on log-faking.. where are you getting this? Do you not now see that it was my log that was the real thing..

Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.

Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.

Last edited by u84; 11-11-2009 at 12:56 PM..
Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #18
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

someones mad
Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #19
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

come on guys lets just have a brohug and look past this
Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #20
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

u8477 (12:49:23 AM):Two things. One, condense your texts to one paragraph and not eight. My phone can't handle it, lol. And two, i'd say you're in luck because both of them u8477 (12:49:27 AM):have been seered. Afro is definitely human and syhto is red. But i want to lead her on a bit to extract who her partners are, so don't say anything to anu8477 (12:49:28 AM):yone yet.

geez calm down man, maybe afro did f up a little, but look at what you said above. wtf did you want me to think when you tell me 5 people have been seered in 4 nights?
Closed Thread