Old 06-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #21
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Mental illness thread

you guys ever get that feeling were you're mind thinks of fucked up stuff and you know you aren't that kind of a person but are still concerned were those thoughts come from?

edit:some times I feel like I'm going to snap in public to tell my head to stop what its doing -.-

Last edited by V-Ormix; 06-15-2017 at 07:11 PM..
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #22
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Not diagnosed or anything but i think i have a serious case of gaming addiction, but I'm not sure if i want to fix it

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #23
V-Ormix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
Not diagnosed or anything but i think i have a serious case of gaming addiction, but I'm not sure if i want to fix it
it took u many moons to acquire that level of gaming addiction you can't just quit now
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:34 PM   #24
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Manifestations, of my frustration from holding in my depression and anxiety, through nightmares is really hard sometimes. Like just now when I was taking a nap, I had a dream that a girl and I who loved each other kept living in different instances of existence. Except she has a curse where she turns into a demon (often triggered when I come near her) and kills everything in sight with strength and speed that disregarded physics. I kept trying to talk to her, trying to turn her back with words and my feelings, but she just ended up killing me. Which was REAAAAALLLY painful. Then I woke up in another instance of existence, and I decided I was going to keep trying to help her turn back from her demonic form so I kept triggering the catalyst and I kept waking up in different areas with her, while she had different grievances each time she turned into a demon. I couldn't turn her back, and each time I failed she killed me (WHICH FELT LIKE I ACTUALLY DIED OWWWWWWWW ;_; ). Eventually after about 60 tries I lost hope and gave up but I kept waking up in the instances near her and I couldn't stop her from transforming anymore and eventually I just kept pleading with her not to kill me because it really hurt and I didn't want to be hurt anymore. She kept killing me in different ways. I couldn't escape her. Every time I tried to jump to my death hoping for a less painful death, she would show up every time and grab me out of the air and kill me. I was stuck in a cycle of constantly seeing my love transform into a demon which kept killing me and I couldn't do anything to help or escape. I kept dying. it was awful. It was torture! I'm so glad to be awake right now.

I had a nightmare where I was in class but I had a headache so I was taking some aspirin but I kept taking them without realizing and eventually it made me almost fall unconscious in class and when I woke up I was in a room with some administrator trying to understand what I had done and I kept getting angry that he wasn't believing me and starting smashing things out of anger and he kept telling me that what I was doing wasn't helping my case..

Then I finally woke up, but I was having a really difficult time opening and keeping my eyes open (because the thermostat was low and the body sleeps better when it is low) and I wanted to stay away from the first nightmare I kept slapping myself to stay awake. My heart still hurts for some reason I can't pinpoint but I know it's related to the nightmares.

Talking about it what these nightmares are manifesting from doesn't help, I tried that a lot. The anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication I am on doesn't reduce the nightmares, they only help me feel better when I am awake. I don't know how to get rid of these constant nightmares and I hate it
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 06-16-2017 at 05:45 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #25
Daniel Cudmore
Banned

I get pretty bummed out when I am lonely - I am not sure if it's a mental illness, but it does get pretty dark with me.
How do you guys find out you are not 'average', per sae?
Daniel Cudmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #26
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Ormix View Post
you guys ever get that feeling were you're mind thinks of fucked up stuff and you know you aren't that kind of a person but are still concerned were those thoughts come from?

edit:some times I feel like I'm going to snap in public to tell my head to stop what its doing -.-
Theyre called intrusive thoughts theyre normal

Im diagnosed bipolar I and it describes most of the symptoms i experience.

Its normal to be upset about feeling lonely thats normal too ...

If you really feel like you might have a mental disorder then consult a psychiatrist. Look up user reviews of said psychiatrist before meeting with them. The last thing you need is getting misdiagnosed and being perscribed medication that you dont need. (or even worse .... Experience unnecessary side effects)

I treat medication as a last resort dire straits kind of thing. You should practice every coping skill before convinicing yourself you need medication. Try meditating some time.

There's a really fine line between depression caused by exterior factors and depression thats caused by an actual serotonin uptake deficiency within your brain.

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.

Last edited by iCeCuBEz v2; 06-19-2017 at 05:07 PM..
iCeCuBEz v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2017, 03:00 AM   #27
JeffreySoftbark
FFR Player

''''''

My mapping skills are on par with a dead chimp

Last edited by JeffreySoftbark; 04-1-2023 at 10:36 PM..
JeffreySoftbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2017, 09:17 PM   #28
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

i have a serious avocado addiction
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #29
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

I have a plethora of them, and what I've learned is this:

The sooner you get treatment for mental illness, the better the quality of your life will be.
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #30
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2P View Post
I have a plethora of them, and what I've learned is this:

The sooner you get treatment for mental illness, the better the quality of your life will be.
define "quality life"
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #31
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_life
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #32
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

i'm sick of seeing all these things saying "maybe it will get better" or saying that life gets better, because what is really a "good life"? To me its just some human social construct of what it means to be happy, like this idea that furthering yourself or "improving" yourself will make you happy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

The more I think about it, the more I feel like this ^
Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #33
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Gotta get that good job and learn good so you can continue to live the same lonely bullshit existence, devoid of any meaning, knawm sayin'
Old 08-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #34
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*

I feel like maybe even if there's no meaning the experience of life can still be worth it just because... there's happiness, there's beauty, there's for some reason a part of you that wants life to have meaning and wants to keep pushing on towards something

Like we don't have to lead a "lonely bullshit existence," and I think that's one thing people can mean when they say that it gets better? That things will happen and time will pass and eventually, maybe, you'll feel like life is worth living in itself, meaning or no
It's not very convincing when you're struggling but it's easier to see this once you come out on the other side again

(This gets kind of complicated because I'm actually pretty religious, and I feel like that's the primary thing that pushes me away from Nihilism, but religion is a whole other discussion and frankly not one I want to have except in PMs)
(...But one's worldview does completely change their beliefs about all of these things in general anyways, "what is a good life" etc etc)
Old 08-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #35
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

@Dingle

What I mean is how one feels on a daily basis. A couple months ago, I was feeling extremely paranoid and delusional constantly. I ended up having to check myself into a psych ward. As soon as I got the proper mental health care, I started to feel more at peace with my life.

Last edited by A2P; 08-19-2017 at 08:33 AM..
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #36
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i'm p. nihilistic but i feel that life's meaning is up to the person living it
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2017, 03:32 AM   #37
valentineSM
FFR Player

gotta reach d8 boys
valentineSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2017, 04:16 AM   #38
Tia-
FFR Player

statistically 100% of unhappy people are not d8

also respect to you A2P, happy you're feeling better about things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
how are you expecting me to find a new house on such short notice?
with the current state of the real estate market you cannot expect the general populace just to budge while you plan to bulldoze for your stepping highway
please consider the needs of the people you represent, rather than the motives of the upper class
this archipelagic wasteland doesn't belong to the tertiary sector, it is a reflection of the nurturing broodingpants of our mothers and sisters
what will become of the next generation lest we stand strong?
WE WILL NOT GET OUTTA THE WAY
Tia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #39
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Well if anyone carries this through to the previous post of my thread, the reset method I had been 'working' on (its the opposite of effort, so not sure how to best describe it) suddenly and unexpectedly clicked at a clear, unsurpassable level of consciousness a couple months ago.

I suppose that experience would be called delusional by the DSM term for it. Mystical is the term I would use for it.
Not my fault mysticism is all but dead in my society.

In the irony of ironies, the moment I finally felt good enough to not desire medical intervention for my 'mental health' (fuck how I hate that loaded term) I was offered a local psychiatrist. They are in very short supply, usually have wait lists of years. Their office even called me back a week ago or so, trying to follow up with me. Deleted the voicemail. Bitches wouldn't know what to do with me if they actually talked to me now anyways.

In further news, I am reminded, once again, how seriously I have to take my diet. The neurological aspects of my celiac disease flare up so easily, and will flare up for week/weeks at a time. Being high all the time kinda masked how much physical pain I get in. The mental issues of course is horrible too. Emotionally as well. My body temperature fluctuates just as much as my emotions and my mind. It's a whole body thing but like...the psyc ward where I get forced into doesn't even listen when I tell them that I actually sleep fine for the most part. They do not realize that I have an autoimmune disorder that affects my entire body and my mind, and it gets me just angry talking about the total unawareness that celiac disease affects me neurologically that every doctor I run into, has. Because until I see a neurologist, my own knowledge of my own body and the -obvious putting together of many other people knowingly having my symptoms who have my disease- are -not enough-
As if! There's no standardized test for this stuff anyways, all a neurologist can go by is my own words anyways!

It's frustrating not being able to be social with most people over food. Most people don't understand. Most people try to offer me food I can't actually eat although they insist it is safe. No. No it is not safe. Had the hospital try to serve me glutinous food too, on more than once. Once was an accident. Another time it was clearly a bowl of cheerios, not gluten free, I can't eat oats. I literally can't trust someone else to prepare food for me. I have had nurses say to me 'So you're refusing to eat?' The hospital in cobourg doesn't even have gluten free meals, much less gluten AND dairy free food.

I risk eating out when I travel (I've travelled a bunch in the past couple years) and every time I get some sort of contamination.

Weed that once relaxed me now makes my mind race even more. Since the flip switched a few months ago I am not depressed anymore. I do however experience fear at a level I did not before though.

It feels good to read about other celiacs who have problems like I do. Many of them have it worse than me.

Going back to not eating dairy anymore. Dairy definitely affects my neurology in a bad way. Definitely linked to the celiac disease. Linked to the fear of things. Linked to pain. Linked to my -very recent- lack of sleep (but that's also related to stopping weed so suddenly). I've read numerous articles about it being linked to schizophrenia in general.

Last edited by Cavernio; 04-23-2018 at 07:59 PM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #40
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm with you on glutten and dairy Cavernio ~

Life feels randomly easier when I avoid them too.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote