Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 05-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #21
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Overprotected parents?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
Come to think of it, my parents aren't protective at all. (Doesn't notice my suicide attempts, doesn't say much about my failing junior grades etc.)

On the contrary, my mom plays FFR and SM with me. We also beat Kirby All Star and Super Mario World together. lol. Dad plays Dragonquest and Earthbound, stuff like that.

Carefree and like children.
brb stealin your parents
Old 05-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #22
kim2302
FFR Player

Quote:
Come to think of it, my parents aren't protective at all. (Doesn't notice my suicide attempts, doesn't say much about my failing junior grades etc.)

On the contrary, my mom plays FFR and SM with me. We also beat Kirby All Star and Super Mario World together. lol. Dad plays Dragonquest and Earthbound, stuff like that.

Carefree and like children.
your parents are like mine.....i think that is a good parent to have instead of one that follows your every movement...

kim2302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #23
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
(Doesn't notice my suicide attempts)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim2302 View Post
i think that is a good parent to have
ya okay kid
Old 05-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

My mom has an FFR account. Maybe you can ask her opinion on this matter. rofl.

omgitznpv knows the account. probably.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #25
kim2302
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
Parents who are carefree about their child's actions are failing their duties as being an "actual parent". It's kind of sad too, because many parents don't want to fulfill that job themselves- they want other people to do it for them.

For example, the relationships with parents and teachers. Many parents think that the teachers should always help the child (while putting no effort from the parents), and that all of the child's grades reflect on the teacher's behalf (which is pretty sickening if you ask me). They complain to the school administration because thier child doesn't get decent grades, because the parent doesn't enforce thier child to study or complete homework. They expect the school administrators to do it for them.
I've never heard of that one, but seriously....teachers? I know some parents want the best for their children but children's grade on behalf of the teacher? Isn't this supposed to be on behalf on how the child does and the parents on how they are supporting them in their studies?

Old 05-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #26
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Somehow my parents are perfect. I don't have to listen to them but i really have no reason not to =/
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #27
NatsumiTheLucario
FFR Player

Location: The remains of ThunderClan after Firefgt got it on with Twi
Send a message via MSN to NatsumiTheLucario Send a message via Skype™ to NatsumiTheLucario

My parents are just so annyoing, bugging me/intefering with me, and worries about VERY little things

I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE RAINBOW DASH
NatsumiTheLucario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #28
kim2302
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Like having babies?
yeah but what if its a boy who is being overprotected by their parents? They are doing fine in school and everything but they are still being overprotected?

Old 05-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #29
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsumiTheLucario View Post
My parents are just so annyoing, bugging me/intefering with me, and worries about VERY little things
Shrink your signature, Natsumi. It is well beyond an appropriate size.

Anyways, I've pretty much always gotten along with my parents, even when I lived at home. Yeah, we had our few problems, but I never had to run away, or anything rash like that. I always got good grades, so they never got on my case about going out with my friends or having some fun.

It's even better once you move out though, because they miss you a lot, and as a result they spoil you. It's ****ing tight. I love it.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #30
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Quote:
Parents who are carefree about their child's actions are failing their duties as being an "actual parent". It's kind of sad too, because many parents don't want to fulfill that job themselves- they want other people to do it for them.

For example, the relationships with parents and teachers. Many parents think that the teachers should always help the child (while putting no effort from the parents), and that all of the child's grades reflect on the teacher's behalf (which is pretty sickening if you ask me). They complain to the school administration because thier child doesn't get decent grades, because the parent doesn't enforce thier child to study or complete homework. They expect the school administrators to do it for them.
What kgz no parent ever behaves like this they are all perfect examples and their children don't need any extra encouragement because they are perfect and I'm failing them because I hate them.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #31
DarkbearX
Shimose
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Somehow my parents are perfect. I don't have to listen to them but i really have no reason not to =/
This is how my parents are most of the time. Except for when daddy's not on drugs, then he finds or makes up any damn reason to argue with me (or anyone, but especially me).

He's usually wrong too.
DarkbearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #32
kim2302
FFR Player

Quote:
what

stretchy my child never showed me any of his quiz or tests grades so why did he fail your class

stretchy I want you to come in early every morning and after school to help my child until he gets better grades

stretchy my child told me he did his homework so why does it say he didn't do it
Never mind now i remember where i saw this situation...parent teacher conferences....This one lady said everything KgZ just posted here because he was failing math....parents sometimes don't realize they are the problem in some cases...I know they try to do good things for us but if your over exaggerating on it then they need to realize it....I hope in time...

Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #33
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Overprotective parents?.....

My parents want me home all the time. If school was not a law I probably wouldn't be in it. Right after school I have to go straight home and do chores. They even get mad when I go to the library after school!

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #34
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

A good parent's job and psychological need is to make their kid be the best person they can be. A part of that is keeping them safe from whatever could harm them. It's hard to draw the line between looking out for your child's well-being and being overprotective.

Plus lol Spec <3
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #35
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Meh, my parents used to be overprotective until I was like 11 years old. They do it out of love, they don't want to see you hurt, I guess. My parents are random though, sometimes they care if I trip and fall, other times they could care less if I held a knife to my throat. =P

I'd rather under protective parents, though. More fun, plus I get away with a lot of stuff.

EDIT: I just realized they stopped caring about the same time I joined FFR. COINCIDENCE?!?!?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #36
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

I don't feel bad for kids whose parents aren't protective at all.

They're ****ed up.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #37
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

My parents are fond of making boundries for the sake of having boundries.

For example, for a while, they decided I had to come home at 2:30 every night. I asked why - their answer was one time where I had forgotten my key and we had to clear out of a busted party, so I had to knock and wake them up at 3:30 in the morning. I told them that they'd have to come get me then, as there was no way I was bothering to figure out a way home at 2:30 every time I went out. They agreed.

So basically, instead of letting me stay out all night and not disturb them, because of one time where I ****ed up, they were going to impose a rule that would make me disturb them every single night at 2:30 in the morning, instead of once in oh say forty times at 3:30.

Whenever I point this out they just scream at me "THIS IS OUR ****ING HOUSE" and "IT'S A RULE, YOU CAN'T BREAK IT".

Pretty much all of the rules they impose on me similarly contradict themselves. Only four more months of enduring them though.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #38
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

Getting out from underneath the watchful eye of your parents will be an enjoyable and liberating experience. However, if you don't make your own way and depend on them in the future for money and whatever it'll still be a pain in the ass. Trying to make a living on your own can be tough, but it's so worth it.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #39
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

My dad (fairly traditional Italian father) was very strict until I was 18. I always had to tell them where I was going, when I'd be back, call if any of that changed, reasonably fixed bedtimes (Not like "be in bed by X" but "We'll get pissed off and yell at you if you're up super late")

As soon as I turned 18, each and every restriction was lifted. The working theory was "We work hard while you're growing up to instill a certain sense of responsibility and maturity in you, and by the time you're 18 you've either learned it or not, but now you're an adult, so do what you like, and we'll just hope you learned the useful lessons"

Sure, I had lots of yelling matches with my parents as a teenager about how unfair all their rules were, but I seem to have turned out okay as a result.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #40
SoultakerNFH
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
My dad (fairly traditional Italian father) was very strict until I was 18. I always had to tell them where I was going, when I'd be back, call if any of that changed, reasonably fixed bedtimes (Not like "be in bed by X" but "We'll get pissed off and yell at you if you're up super late")

As soon as I turned 18, each and every restriction was lifted. The working theory was "We work hard while you're growing up to instill a certain sense of responsibility and maturity in you, and by the time you're 18 you've either learned it or not, but now you're an adult, so do what you like, and we'll just hope you learned the useful lessons"

Sure, I had lots of yelling matches with my parents as a teenager about how unfair all their rules were, but I seem to have turned out okay as a result.
Exactly like my parents. Except for me it was when I graduated High School rather than turning 18 is when they lifted the boundaries. I was 17 when I graduated High School, and about 20 days later I turned 18. I guess they considered that I was 18 already after graduating or something.

Best Non-AAA Ranks (Before AvMiss Was Fixed): Choprite, Rank 6 [3-0-0-0]; TGWP Part 1, Rank 11 [5-0-0-0]; Otaku Speedvibe Heavy, Rank 13 [1-0-0-0]; Blue Army, Rank 5 [1-0-0-0]

Last edited by SoultakerNFH; 05-16-2008 at 03:43 PM..
SoultakerNFH is offline   Reply With Quote