Old 06-6-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG XCV Postgame

Manti, you're 2/2 on busting me Day 1 in my only Red games ever. gg. I quit.

but really though, I'm glad to have learned first-hand how big of skill gaps between players can exist in this game. I'm excited to improve!

to my mafia bros: my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
Guard: AC1
Dude... are you serious?
in case anyone was wondering, I was trying to say I think we should guard cedo without spelling it out. thought that would make me look Hue Man Lee
Old 06-6-2013, 03:27 PM   #22
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AC1speakerbox Send a message via MSN to AC1speakerbox

s'good
Old 06-6-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

You would have been dead 2-3 nights ago if I had my way, Freaky.

Good game though, any shit I gave you in thread was purely posturing as a wolf. I knew we were fucked as soon as dance was absent/drew attention from it on day 1.

This brings up my main complaint: Going 6 IRL days without getting a single opportunity to talk to my wolf partners made it nearly impossible to win. Without having a coordinated strategy or understanding in place going into day 1, it made it so there were bread crumbs of evidence sitting around ready to be analyzed. I'm positive I could have prevented dance getting lynched day 1 if I had the opportunity to set the tone and dictate posting habits.

This is a wolf game style that I'm wholly unfamiliar with, as I usually operate behind the scenes in these scenarios; buying credit for my humanity in 1on1 conversations and dictating posting paradigms.

Still, a well deserved win for Freaky.

and Manti gets the "almost as good as a win" award.
Old 06-6-2013, 04:01 PM   #24
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I understand the basis of the rule coming from how such a situation would play out in a real life situation. Not having a N1 though makes it unrealistic again.
Old 06-6-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Manti, you're 2/2 on busting me Day 1 in my only Red games ever. gg. I quit.

but really though, I'm glad to have learned first-hand how big of skill gaps between players can exist in this game. I'm excited to improve!
Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts when I pegged you with that post?

Was curious of the other wolf teammates thoughts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 06-6-2013, 04:38 PM   #26
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts when I pegged you with that post?
I was impressed, but I didn't think a wagon would catch fire. had your 1 vote on me to someone else's 4 or 5. made a couple posts, had no access for a good 36 hours or some such, and peeped the thread to find myself dead as a doornail.

a couple of my counterpoints to your post were genuine. I do "ra-ra cheerleading" stuff purely because I like to see people actually playing the game. I also did reread a game where ymia was red; I was hoping someone would call me out on that.

curse you
Old 06-6-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

i'm fucking pissed for two reasons...

the phase started early so i didn't even get a chance to post my defense before mike voted

and two, mike didn't even make an effort in a lynch-or-lose scenario. anytime you reach lynch or lose you need to seriously reconsider everything that happened up until them.

but otherwise, well played freaky. i misread your emotional reveal as truthtelling and while i was ready to lynch you after zoshi died, you played the set-up i created very well. it became obvious to me when zoshi was human, and killing jrodd was the right choice because he would have given me a minute to try to talk my want into killing you.

mike, on the other hand, maybe next time bud. let this be a lesson to playing better.

i'll grit my teeth and say well played
Old 06-6-2013, 05:31 PM   #28
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Thought his play warranted the suspicion and didn't think there wasn't much opportunity to save him
Old 06-6-2013, 05:33 PM   #29
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Mike and James May should each be banned a game for their inactivity, if we're going to remain consistent.

Perhaps not Mike, but come on man don't volunteer to replace someone and then fail to contribute, regardless of personal circumstances.
Old 06-6-2013, 06:21 PM   #30
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

wow well played freaky

Going into the last day I was alive I was pretty sure V was the SK, but then he properly defended himself with points that I had lingering in the back of my head, so instead of lynching him I was pretty sure it was Zoshi (no defence from u lol). Then I thought if it wasn't zoshi, it had to be V, so I kind of regret laying that hard before I died. Later in the night after the phase ended I was thinking, why is freaky so clear? I think I just wasn't thinking for myself there which harmed the outcome. If I wasn't killed, V was still my top suspect, but I'm wondering if he would've convinced me to lynch freaky as he would've known for sure.

Who knows what would've happened in that case lol, regardless well played freaky/V and next time i won't be lazy in clearing people so late in the game ;/
Old 06-6-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
wow well played freaky

Going into the last day I was alive I was pretty sure V was the SK, but then he properly defended himself with points that I had lingering in the back of my head, so instead of lynching him I was pretty sure it was Zoshi (no defence from u lol). Then I thought if it wasn't zoshi, it had to be V, so I kind of regret laying that hard before I died. Later in the night after the phase ended I was thinking, why is freaky so clear? I think I just wasn't thinking for myself there which harmed the outcome. If I wasn't killed, V was still my top suspect, but I'm wondering if he would've convinced me to lynch freaky as he would've known for sure.

Who knows what would've happened in that case lol, regardless well played freaky/V and next time i won't be lazy in clearing people so late in the game ;/
dude i had three huge defenses pre-prepared depending on who died and i was trying to take a break from work at exactly 6PM EST to get them posted before i got lynched
Old 06-6-2013, 06:47 PM   #32
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

this is mostly why i am bitter
Old 06-6-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

yeah but if you are going to play TWG play TWG

if you get into a game and realize you are incapable of playing because it's too much or it is too hard or the gameplay isn't for you then acknowledge this and don't sign up

don't sign up and then shit the bed because you are hurting the game for the people who love it. it's okay to be an infrequent poster, it's definitely not okay to just not do anything or provide any thought.

you can think very little but post a lot, and think a lot and post very little, or somewhere in between, but if you aren't good at this game, and aren't willing to try -- please stop signing up.
Old 06-6-2013, 06:53 PM   #34
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

seriously i dedicated like 25+ hours of my life to this ONE GAME

you should feel bad if you ruined it for me, or anyone else in my shoes (freaky, manti, tps, ac1, jayde), because you couldn't be arsed to make an effort. some of us care, some of us care a lot. you don't have to care that much, but you at least have to give a shit.
Old 06-6-2013, 06:57 PM   #35
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

I agree with ur posts, but I cared too lol don't leave me out of that list >:S
Old 06-6-2013, 07:06 PM   #36
Zoshi
FFR Player

Don't know what was wrong with me. I'll take a brake I think.

I genuinely didn't know what to say and anything I said had already been said and anyone I wanted to put a vote on already had a vote on them. And after having to wake up every morning to 5 pages of posts I was just skimming through in the end.

Had I been more active I may have pushed a bit to freaky but I doubt I'd have got him lynched or feel to confident in wanting him lynched either.

Good game freaky, you lynched a wolf, leaded us to lynch another then grabbed us and directed us like puppets.

Sorry V for ruining your game (and anyone else).

I'll probably only sign up to games I really like and I'll try not sign up next one(so fic please don't post that amazing game again).
Old 06-6-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Honestly, I take full responsibility for my lack of activity in this game. The method I use to pick apart posts and keep my thoughts organized is extremely bad when I come into a game after 600+ posts. I made notes on the first ~100 posts, but it took me around 2-3 hours to do just because of extra information I was already privy to at the time that I made the notes. I admit that my university sitaution didn't help at all, but it's still not a great excuse for how long it took me to catch up properly. If you'd like my notes, I can post them, but I don't know how spoiler tags work on ffr.

In the future, I don't think I would join another twg as a sub.

That said, extremely well played freaky.

Last edited by meno_rocks123; 06-6-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Old 06-6-2013, 07:33 PM   #38
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

i'll stop being butthurt like a newb who hasn't been playing for like 5 years

all in all, this was even better than the last game and one of the most active and impressive games of TWG we have played as a community. it was heartening to see new players step up to the plate, and old players renew their faith in the game.

i want to give shout-outs to the incredible and impressive play by dance, AC1, jayde, jrodd, manti, tps, freaky, viccica, and cedo.

i feel jayde's first game was incredible good, he managed to put a target on his back and get himself killed night 1 in a no-death start simply through his posting. well done sir.

manti, as always you nailed a wolf from day 1 through sheer instinct. had you played longer the game would have had a much more sober tone. your lifespan was short but, as always, you made the most of the time you were alive.

AC1, your first game back in awhile and you did an excellent job of appearing to be helpful even though every word out of your mouth was a lie of some form. i kept vacillating between my feelings on the matter and you kept me guessing until the end.

TPS, i understand you were a little shell-shocked because your expectations of how one plays as a wolf were not coherent with the way this style was set-up. still, i was not suspecting you at all even until you died, which is an incredible feat. you managed to save face on enough weird situations to keep scrutiny off yourself.

freaky, just bravo man. bravo.

viccica, i am glad to see your activity levels improving, and you playing at the level that i knew you were capable of. through improved activity you managed to put yourself into a position that would actually help your team, and in the end you helped us seal the deal on the last wolf.

jrodd, you keep improving and you are constantly surprising me with the level of insight you have, the way you are able to take it slow, mull it over, and come to reasonable conclusions without getting too caught up in the passion of the moment. i was extremely impressed that you didn't kill me at the end there, and had you lived we would have nailed freaky.

cedo, your game improved from the start of the game into the later phases, and i like how you started to see what you were doing wrong and adjusting. through the course of this game your mindset and approach approved, and for this i commend you.
Old 06-6-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

beautiful
Old 06-6-2013, 07:51 PM   #40
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

it's silly, but I tried for you lol really.