Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127
Default Im having a SM problem

Ok, so I have a song I just stepped and exported it out of SM and it came out as a smpackage(.smzip). Now when I needed to get the folder out of this .smzip file I transferred it to my laptop and clicked it, imported it to SM, then went to my songs and the folder was there. Well, laptop fried, so now I have to do it on my vista computer. Problem is, when i go to import the .smzip to this com. , It successfully imports it, but when I go to my songs, the folder for the song is not there. It is in SM though, but can find the folder to the song. It is like stuck/hidden in the program and I cant do nothing with it.

Think someone can tell me what the problem is?
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Im having a SM problem

If you can still access the laptop HDD just copy the song folders. You don't have to use the tools and package exporter for it. In fact with any songs you should just copy paste the folder directly to the 4.0 songs directory. You may also want to check that you imported it to the correct folder. Sometimes it will create a new folder in your songs directory.
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELRayford View Post
If you can still access the laptop HDD just copy the song folders. You don't have to use the tools and package exporter for it. In fact with any songs you should just copy paste the folder directly to the 4.0 songs directory. You may also want to check that you imported it to the correct folder. Sometimes it will create a new folder in your songs directory.
1. Laptop is officially done.
2. I am a little confused what you mean by take take the folder from the 4.0 songs directory. What is that?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
dag12
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to dag12

just zip it up as a zip or a rar, transfer it over, and unzip. better than smzip.
dag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

The laptop may be done but the Hard Drive isnt necisarily done. Remove the Hard Drive get a USB IDE/Sata Hard drive caddy and you have yourself a Huge USB flash drive.

Well with any version of stepmania, you can navigate to c:/program files/stepmania/songs once there you can manual add files. IE drag and drop from the old hard drive using the caddy. I keep a secondary backup on a different hd of all my sm songs. Just incase the hard drive crashes This works on all versions of sm. Mac windos and linux. Just different directories. You don't even need to zip it. Just copy the whole songs directory.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
2. I am a little confused what you mean by take take the folder from the 4.0 songs directory. What is that?
You know, where every song you have in SM is located on your computer.

Anyway, being your lappy is fried, I don't see how you could access this folder =/
Edit: Nvm, what fido said, I had to do that to get the data from my old computer on this one.
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
fido123
FFR Player

You can buy a device that connects to your hardrive (after it's taken out of your laptop) allowing you to run a USB cable from it to your computer. I bet you could even boot the computer up from that drive somehow making it just like your laptop. What happed to your laptop anyway?

(Ninja'd by El)
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812189169

15 dollars with shipping and you will have all the data from the hard drive. Depending on the model of laptop it could take you 30 seconds to 30 minutes to get the hard drive out. If you want help let me know Considering you said fried, assuming that means it wont turn on. The Hard drive is usually good in this scenario. Im a pc technician so let me know.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

ok, i might try that. If not, how can I make go from .smzip to .rar?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
ok, i might try that. If not, how can I make go from .smzip to .rar?
Seeing as you probably already unzipped them from the .smzip jus, right click > Send to > Compressed zipped folder. Dont ever use .smzip, its srsly retarded and more work etc x.x imo
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote