Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-5-2004, 09:06 PM   #21
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
Don't damage your body so you can try to look cooler... and you don't even look cooler.
It's just pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzya
No, but it's cool.

...stare at my post for 45 mins... then focus on something far away for about 5 mins to prevent eye damage, then focus on my post again.
Old 06-5-2004, 09:12 PM   #22
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEnHEXa
actually, listerine is a horrible way to take care of a tongue ring, or any mouth piercing for that matter. its way to harsh. "Do not use plain mouth-wash because it will do nothing for your piercing—only mask your halitosis."
When my sister got her tongue done, she walked out with a bar in her tongue and a bottle of listerine in her hand. Maybe that's just what they use here.

And for jam, and anyone else who thinks people do piercings because we're trying to impress somebody... That's not always the case. Sometimes people just like how it looks on themselves, it's not always necessarily done for other people to look at, other people just happen to see it.

Also, there are people that get piercings for the rush. Amazingly enough, there is one.
Old 06-5-2004, 09:15 PM   #23
Boochypa
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Boochypa

The only acceptable piercing is that of earlobes on women.

Any other kind is stupid and does nothing to improve your appearance; it actually detracts from it most of the time.
Boochypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2004, 09:16 PM   #24
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

I'm saying.. who cares. If you don't like it, oh well. People are always going to go do things like this. And they'll think it looks cool or do it for other people regardless of their opinions.
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2004, 09:26 PM   #25
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

I have my left lobe pierced. Not the right one cause that's just gay. ^_^
Old 06-5-2004, 09:30 PM   #26
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristia
blah blah blah
Not for other people to look at and admire?

Pierce your spleen then. Or at least cover up the exterior piercing you have. Plus who goes up to mirrors, open their mouth and admire their tongue piercing?

Kinda off topic but,
isn't it weird how in most places it's illegal for people to walk around topless or naked, but I could walk around with a metal bar through my skull just fine, or with a thousands little steel rings through my face, which in my opinion is far more... offensive.

It's 99% for show.

Remember, you only get one body, take care of it.
=D
Old 06-5-2004, 09:36 PM   #27
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

My exterior piercing is covered, most of the time. My bangs cover it. It's there because I like how it looks, simple as that.
Old 06-6-2004, 01:19 AM   #28
ravenhexa
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ravenhexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
Quote:
blah blah blah
Not for other people to look at and admire?

Pierce your spleen then. Or at least cover up the exterior piercing you have. Plus who goes up to mirrors, open their mouth and admire their tongue piercing?

Kinda off topic but,
isn't it weird how in most places it's illegal for people to walk around topless or naked, but I could walk around with a metal bar through my skull just fine, or with a thousands little steel rings through my face, which in my opinion is far more... offensive.

It's 99% for show.

Remember, you only get one body, take care of it.
=D
its not like your having a 5 inch pole jammed through your eye socket. getting your lip pierced is the same as getting your ear pierced. a needle (or a stud from a piercing gun) is the same going through any part of your skin. if you go and get something pierced, there is probably a reason for it, and i dont think you should cover it up (unless YOU want to). its a persons choice what they do with there one body. i get things pierced because i like it. its like getting a tattoo except if you REALLY dont want it later on, you can remove it, and it closes up.
if YOU dont want one, dont get it, but dont tell people who do want it that its a stupid idea because its a stupid thing to do. i dont go around telling you something about you is really "offensive". otherwise, i would be saying "hey, cover up your face, its offensive."

*EDIT* oh and also as for the pictures you posted, usually that many piercings if part of a persons culture. if its not, congrats to those people...im sure it hurt.
ravenhexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2004, 01:34 AM   #29
Sinjin
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Sinjin Send a message via AIM to Sinjin Send a message via MSN to Sinjin Send a message via Yahoo to Sinjin

IMO, just about everyone looks better when they don't wear jewelery or piercings....I think most people I know that pierce their tongue do it for attention. End of story.
Sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2004, 08:46 PM   #30
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEnHEXa
Quote:
I have my eyebrow pierced. That's it for now. I was thinking about getting the tongue done, but... I don't think I would take care of it the right way (I hate listerine). My ears are done, but that was done when i was a baby. I don't wear earings.
actually, listerine is a horrible way to take care of a tongue ring, or any mouth piercing for that matter. its way to harsh. "Do not use plain mouth-wash because it will do nothing for your piercing—only mask your halitosis."
and also to that vash guy, why should this be locked?
.......getting ear piercings is fine, but after about 3 on each ear it kinda gets weird. I have a friend who pierced his tounge.......and yes listerine is a horrible way to take care of it. Oh and this should be locked because its kinda weird and off topic now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2004, 10:32 PM   #31
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Vash, dont tell the mods how to do their jobs.

I respect body modification. It takes a lot of dedication. And is a tradition practiced all over the world.

Quote:
Plus who goes up to mirrors, open their mouth and admire their tongue piercing?
It isnt for show, it is to enhance fellatio.

I would never get a peircing, but that doesnt mean I cant admire a person for using their bodies as a living canvas. As I have said, it takes a lot of dedication.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote