Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #1581
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Apparently Alon weighs like 190 lbs in that picture at 5'9. Probably not natural.

Jeff Seid is probably taking something because he manages to stay that lean all year round (yet doesn't grow. wth? Low dosage test and cruises on tren maybe? haha). Having gotten down to like, 6-7% at the peak of my cut, I can definitely say I don't know how you'd maintain that level of leanness. Plus he just won an IFBB pro card, meaning he beat a lineup of guys on gear.

I assume Ogus and Lavado are natural. Ogus documented his entire cut. Running something doesn't really make sense. Any AAS compounds would have cut him up way faster than he got lean. Plus he barely weighs 160 lbs which means no wet compounds in his history.
I'm not one who can spot a "non-natty" by being able to spot "hard, unnatural muscle," but Alon's one just looks a bit off compared to the others...if you know what I mean.

Jeff actually looks natty in the recent pics. I was really questioning his status because 1) he's so young and 2) he looked ridiculous in some of his other shoots (the gladiator one, for example), but he looks perfectly normal in these recent pictures. Though him winning the IFBB pro card is quite something...and can't comment on how difficult it is to hold onto muscle at such low body fat because I've never been there myself.

Like I said before, as long as Ogus and Lavado are pretty much confirmed natty, I'm fine. Though Rob Riches is my goal physique

And @Rubix:

Try following what I said over FB. Or help me find a job near you and we can be workout buddies
mnnicol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #1582
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
That's a lot of cardio. I know you're trying to get in shape for armed forces, so that's good, but you need to make sure you're actually gaining weight, which judging by the fact that you're that tall and that small will be an uphill battle to begin with. Do you have a way to do pull ups? Those, I would argue, are pretty important, especially for an athlete/soldier.

Your diet is going to be more important on gaining, the workout seems alright (minus so much fucking cardio haha)
he will gain a ton of weight at basic training and tech school, trust me lmao
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #1583
Banned
FFR Veteran

already been to basic and ait, just trying to get back up to where i was
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #1584
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
I dunno, maybe IF does that, but it seems to me that the number 1 problem with people that say they're hard gainers is that theyre like "i eat all this stuff!" then you get em to write it down, and they end up only eating like 1k a day or whatever.
Yeah, this. They did a study where they actually controlled the diets of 'hard gainers' and they got fat just like everyone else when put on a forced diet of 5,000 cal/day.

The reason they were hard gainers is because they have no appetite and ate very little on average unless forced to, not their metabolisms.

Though, some people in the study got physically sick when attempting to eat that much, and didn't gain any weight anyway because of what they threw up (lol).
Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #1585
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
I'm not one who can spot a "non-natty" by being able to spot "hard, unnatural muscle," but Alon's one just looks a bit off compared to the others...if you know what I mean.

Jeff actually looks natty in the recent pics. I was really questioning his status because 1) he's so young and 2) he looked ridiculous in some of his other shoots (the gladiator one, for example), but he looks perfectly normal in these recent pictures. Though him winning the IFBB pro card is quite something...and can't comment on how difficult it is to hold onto muscle at such low body fat because I've never been there myself.

Like I said before, as long as Ogus and Lavado are pretty much confirmed natty, I'm fine. Though Rob Riches is my goal physique

And @Rubix:

Try following what I said over FB. Or help me find a job near you and we can be workout buddies
If you're an IFBB pro, you're not natty, rofl
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #1586
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
already been to basic and ait, just trying to get back up to where i was
fuck your face on a daily basis (lmao)
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #1587
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Weighed in at a new low of 202.6 lbs this morning and pulled 505x3 on deadlifts. Not as good as last week's 500x5, but whatever, it's a new weight

Quote:
If you're an IFBB pro, you're not natty, rofl

Last edited by mnnicol; 06-19-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #1588
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

The feels.

Up to 171...! lol

195x8 PR on incline bench. Nice.

I just started deadlifting for pretty much the first time ever 2 weeks ago. Pulled 285x5 pretty effortlessly 2nd try, but I feel like a bitch right now since I set a 350x8 squat PR last week easily and am attempting 355x8 tomorrow lmao.

Don't worry though, I'll get that deadlift up Biggest problem seemed to be getting it off the ground. Lower back taking big adjustments. Top half of the motion was effortless. Did shrugs at the top for fun.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #1589
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I feel like puking

Feels good
Old 06-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #1590
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The feels.

Up to 171...! lol

195x8 PR on incline bench. Nice.

I just started deadlifting for pretty much the first time ever 2 weeks ago. Pulled 285x5 pretty effortlessly 2nd try, but I feel like a bitch right now since I set a 350x8 squat PR last week easily and am attempting 355x8 tomorrow lmao.

Don't worry though, I'll get that deadlift up Biggest problem seemed to be getting it off the ground. Lower back taking big adjustments. Top half of the motion was effortless. Did shrugs at the top for fun.
U wot m8. Strong lifts on inclines and squats!

I did 3 sets of 205x8 on inclines last week and did 315x5 on squats today. Really need to bring both up once I start getting more cals in

You do conventional deads or sumo? I've switched over to sumo now after hurting my lower back twice. Feels so much better 'cos it's much less lower back involved and you can really get leg drive.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #1591
Senip
Forum User

All of my upper body lifts are awesome, my only problem is that the way my body is set up makes it really fucking difficult to deadlift. If I can lift it off the ground, I can pull it.

And since I'm going for bbing, sumo isnt really good for what I want since I already have sick hams.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #1592
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
U wot m8. Strong lifts on inclines and squats!

I did 3 sets of 205x8 on inclines last week and did 315x5 on squats today. Really need to bring both up once I start getting more cals in

You do conventional deads or sumo? I've switched over to sumo now after hurting my lower back twice. Feels so much better 'cos it's much less lower back involved and you can really get leg drive.
Sumo 100%. Traditional felt like shit, I naturally switched to sumo position without even reading about positions until later that day.

My lower back is fine, I just think it's weak compared to my upper back, since I have a ton of upper back development but have never done deads, so here's to working on getting that weight off the floor.

And that squat is to parallel and the bench is to about an inch or so above my chest. I can't touch comfortably on incline bench, it hurts my shoulders, and I don't squat past parallel, in part because of lack of flexibility and in part because I don't really like doing it lmao.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #1593
Senip
Forum User

Well, John Meadows says not to go past your elbows being parallel on incline, because 1) it blows up both your chest and your delts and 2) it'll fucking wreck your joints.

I'll squat parallel most of the time, if it's a heavy quad day then we tend to not just to focus on the quads.

I wish I could do some sumo, I like doing deadlifts, but I haven't been doing them just because 1) Meadows hasnt been saying to do it and 2) they wreck my back. If we do deads, it's last and it's more for a pump, than for a "PULL GODDAMN YOU SO WE CAN BLOW OUR EYEBALLS OUT OF OUR COCKS!"
Old 06-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #1594
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Elbows parallel? Interesting. I feel it way way more in my chest and delts when I stop quite a bit short of my chest, but everyone always talks shit as if it's not a real bench if you don't touch so I always feel like I'm wrong doing it that way :P

I just tend to go with feel. It feels like shit is snapping up badly with any serious amount of weight on the bar if I touch, so it's a no go.

Same with squats. When I hit ATG, the ligaments or whatever the fuck is in my groin area start snapping. I pulled something last time I did that. I'm not flexible enough, so yeah. (I used to be. I used to be able to do the splits with ease when I was in Taekwondo, but those days are long gone and stretching regularly hasn't seemed to help me much in regaining it o_o).
Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #1595
Senip
Forum User

The people screaming the most about FULL ROM or whatever tend to be the ones who aren't in shape. It's their way to try to deflate people who have actually gone out and trained to do whatever it is they're critiquing
Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #1596
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
All of my upper body lifts are awesome, my only problem is that the way my body is set up makes it really fucking difficult to deadlift. If I can lift it off the ground, I can pull it.

And since I'm going for bbing, sumo isnt really good for what I want since I already have sick hams.
Sumo doesn't hit the back as much as conventional, but it's pretty awesome for the quads. I want more of the teardrop, so I really like sumo. And the fact I can lift more is nice, too

Quote:
Sumo 100%. Traditional felt like shit, I naturally switched to sumo position without even reading about positions until later that day.

My lower back is fine, I just think it's weak compared to my upper back, since I have a ton of upper back development but have never done deads, so here's to working on getting that weight off the floor.

And that squat is to parallel and the bench is to about an inch or so above my chest. I can't touch comfortably on incline bench, it hurts my shoulders, and I don't squat past parallel, in part because of lack of flexibility and in part because I don't really like doing it lmao.
I just low-bar squat to parallel. I've snapped my lower back up twice in the past and it still feels weird if I go ATG. Squatting like a powerlifter = win, IMO.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #1597
Senip
Forum User

I already have really big legs (although my quads aren't as big as I'd like, but they're growing doing Mountain Dog) so not worried about that, haha. My main problem is posing my quads, I can't quite figure out how to flex them. It's annoying when I've got DEEP cuts on my right leg, and then my left leg is like "...ehhhh"

Last edited by Senip; 06-21-2013 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #1598
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I already have really big legs (although my quads aren't as big as I'd like, but they're growing doing Mountain Dog) so not worried about that, haha. My main problem is posing my quads, I can't quite figure out how to flex them. It's annoying when I've got DEEP cuts on my right leg, and then my left leg is like "...ehhhh"
I'm the same way. My legs were waaay ahead of my upper body when I first started lifting due to 10+ years of Taekwondo haha.

As for flexing quads...I don't really know either, but I kind of just straighten my legs out all the way lock my knees and they seem pretty alright
Old 06-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #1599
Senip
Forum User

The hardest part for me is the mind muscle connection, really. I'm such a brute that I'm used to just bulling through, so now that I have to focus on the connection and everything else, well...
Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #1600
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

is protein powder good for weight gain because i just started running and upper body workouts