Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 12-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #1
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default CosmoVibe Unreleased Packs and Charts, a Revamped Guide, and a Web Embed Library

I have an early Christmas surprise for everyone!

I've been slowly getting back into the community and over the last year or so, I've been really focusing a lot of my effort on cleaning up my work, compiling them, and then presenting them as nicely as I can. I cannot even count the number of hours I've put into this and although my work is never done, it is finally at a state that I feel comfortable sharing with everyone publically!

So what have I gotten myself into?

My Chart Repository/Directory

Here, you can find a list of almost all of the charts I've made over the years. (If it's not there, it's probably a chart that I don't think is very good or noteworthy so I haven't gotten around to putting it on the list. Let me know if there's one you like that's not here!)

You will notice that I have fixed up a lot of old files as well as have a bunch of fresh unreleased files that I've been holding onto for years. There's even a last modified column you can sort by to just check up on updates later on, and select and zip only the files you want to download!

My New Notecharting Guide

You'll notice it has a snazzy new look, many articles are rewritten and revised, new articles were written, and most importantly of all it now has labeled examples that you can just play directly from your browser!

Don't forget that this is an ongoing project that I'm always looking to improve on, whether it's to fix what's already there or introduce new ideas, so I'm open to all comments, questions, and criticisms!

And if you really like what you see with the embeds and want to use them for yourself, that can be done too:

My Chart Embed Library

It's actually really easy to use if you know the basics of web development and JavaScript. Just follow the directions there. You can always message me if you have any questions. You can even contribute to the Github if you want to help improve or fix it! Just be warned, because JavaScript is quite messy sometimes and my coding practices certainly don't help -.-

All three of these pages can be accessed through each other by links. If you want to reach out to me, email (bufangliang@gmail.com) or Discord (CosmoVibe#7735) is best. I will be continuing to work on everything over time, but after the hard push to get this done before 2021, I'd like to take a little break and just relax for a bit. In the meantime, I'd love to know what you guys think of my new charts, my guide, and my library!

Happy Holidays!

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: CosmoVibe Unreleased Packs and Charts, a Revamped Guide, and a Web Embed Library

This is a poggers moment right here

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: CosmoVibe Unreleased Packs and Charts, a Revamped Guide, and a Web Embed Library

bufangliang@gmail.com
Old 12-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #4
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Planet Cosmo Kramer Vibes~
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I actually don't remember requesting torch LOL

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yo stargroup this is super awesome, i've been linking people to your old thread for your guide whenever people ask for advice on stepping https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...d.php?t=129254

it's badass to have updated info, thank you so much!
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #7
ositzxz369
Venetian Snares stepper
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

if streamlet is a pattern, then what's a jacklet? :thinking:

Also, how come your website's scrolling isn't reactive? (u have to hold down the button before the website actually scrolls)

Last edited by ositzxz369; 12-21-2020 at 09:09 PM..
ositzxz369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:16 AM   #8
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ositzxz369 View Post
Also, how come your website's scrolling isn't reactive? (u have to hold down the button before the website actually scrolls)
Oh, good idea. I'll work on that sometime.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:55 AM   #9
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

In that particular case I'm technically not sure, but in my own personal opinion, I have found that I do not have difficulties identifying notes coming from columns, so column based coloring offers very little to me. Rhythmic coloring gives you information about the rhythm, which often times makes reading the rhythms very easy.

That being said, StepMania/FFR/Etterna are communities that have developed to adopt and utilize color theory in their charts, so selectively playing charts from these communities using non-standard coloring does mean you might not be getting the most out of some of these charts. Fortunately, that's only a small subset of the charts available to the community and the loss isn't extremely significant.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:27 AM   #10
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

one hell of a christmas present
or hanukah
or kwanza, whatever you may celebrate
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:50 AM   #11
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Bruh this is so professionally done it puts everything I've ever dropped for christmas to shame. Absolutely crazy mate. Especially the embedded simfiles. Man, I hope that gets implemented on FFR someday or something similar. Would revolutionize release threads, in people could see simfile previews directly in the forums before downloading.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #12
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

sick job man! it shows you really put some effort into it
Old 12-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #13
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Btw you guys can totally post reviews

Old 12-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #14
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
Btw you guys can totally post reviews
Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

Here are the reviews for everything except deemo and complextro:

100% nai nai nai
I would never pick this song and you probably didn't choose it because it's a good song to chart, did you? :P Technically i can hardly find anything wrong with it, but the fun factor just isn't there and it drags on for way too long! I would try to cut it to under 2 minutes and keeping the solo, while also incorporating the vocals, which offer some variation from the repetitive loop of the intrumentals. 6/10

Black Light Machine
The song is a masterpiece, with a lot of mood swings and different movements that make it interesting throughout. One weakness with this kind of song: it may create difficulty spikes in some parts while being very basic in others, diluting the challenge of mastering it to just a few choice moments. But here it's beautifully crafted and it's never too much or too little. The replay value suffers a bit from the lenght, but cutting it would compromise its epicness. 9/10

Blue Rose
It's hard to not draw comparisons to Yesssss's chart here. For me, the cut he did was both the perfect lenght and contained the most interesting part of the song. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is awesome, and your take is definitely more modern and less rough around the edges, but the second part of the song after the ideal cut point is not only consistently harder and more convoluted, but has much less flow than the first, and not because of any fault on your part, you did the best you could with what you had. If you did a cut version of this, i would definitely play that over this one, whereas now I feel more inclined to play Yesssss's chart for the above reasons. 8/10

Bullet Timing
I've never been a big fan of this chart, but replaying it after all these years I can say that the progression at the beginning is incredibly done and overall you made it very interesting for being so short. It has a lot of replay value, altough there's a few difficulty spikes here and there. 7/10

Castaway
This thing used to be hella fun for me and still is! I find it hard to believe anyone could do any better than this. Simple and effective. 9/10

Chords all Night
This has got to be one of the biggest F in your collection for me. Song is bland and uniteresting with some really subpar vocals and production, the chart focuses on minijacks too much for its own good, eventually overriding any other instruments that you could have otherwise accented. The solo offers something to work with, but again the patterning is kinda... not fun? With a cut and a different approach it might have potential. As of now, while not wrong in a technical sense, i just don't like it. 5/10

Clubwork
I will never forgive you for that long ass left handed trill, but yeah, it's nice. Well crafted, nothing much to say. 8/10

Crafted in Ice
Did I just get stick bugged? Was expecting something completely different from this! Not my kind of chart, but incredible sync job. 7/10

Criss Cross
I always loved how well the minijacks go with the song and how you selectively layered it so it's only crowded when the song gets intense. Smooth, reasonably challenging, very replayable, perfect lenght. 9/10

Drove through ghosts to get here
The quintessential experimental file, overall aged pretty well despite being so long and complex. Great climax and structure, sure it's not the kind of file you wanna try to score on unless you're nuts, but a milestone for sure. 8/10

Fenrir
This flows SO well! Sometimes when I play I enter in a bit of a trance mode, and it only happens when I feel very comfortable with what i'm playing. Really stellar job here. One note though, the song cuts just when the vocals begin and it seems what would have come after might have also been worth charting. However, the file is already awesome as is. 9/10

Flourish
There is basically nothing I can find even slightly wrong with this one. Great patterns, great flow, great lenght, everything is as it should be. 9/10

For Seasons
Another gem, song itself has amazing potential which fully transpires in your rendition of it. 9/10

Hagane Kobushi Battle Agatsuki
While chordjacks aren't really my thing usually, they are tastefully done and fit the heavy theme of the song itself. Not a fan of the 12ths jumpjacks, bit they aren't too much of a nuisance. 8/10

Happy birthday to me
For the kind of content it packs and for the kind of song it is, it would have greatly benefited from being cut to at least half of its lenght. I relly dislike when the song doesn't offer you anything interesting and keeps going on and on. I often make an exception for harder files, since stamina is a factor there, but it serves no purpose here other than bore the player. Even after all this, it's still a decently fun song. 7/10

I say Yes
Nothing too fancy but it works well and it's well paced. 8/10

I'm sorry by kagami
This feels like being rickrolled, but in the weeb universe. And still, I can't really criticize the chart. Very spot on considering the source material. 8/10

Jewelry rock
Unfortunately the song is very straightforward and doesn't make for a very engaging file, but it's well done and fun enough. 7/10

Jungle
I remember this one, it's one of your classics and still great fun to this day! Some 32nds are a bit awkward but overall aged like a fine wine. 8/10

kona-yta-mina-tangs altered scale
Where do you even find this shit? 7/10

Magic
I really liked the whole buildup and the climax of the song, which is pretty great, but really disliked the 4 arrows 48ths box minitrills. Anything else is very good. 8/10

Plasmatextor
Epic song and epic chart, not giving full marks because the beginning is very cumbersome with the long consecutive 12ths jack triplets. After that part it really is a journey. 9/10

Ranranran dayo
Another song i couldn't care less about and good job on the chart, but it really falls flat because of the source. 6/10

Smoooooch
A bit too dense in some sections, but overall well crafted and extremely replayable. 8/10

Son of Sun
with all the hard beats and fast paced rhythm, this is the best chart you could do. I really like the song, but it doesn't offer many interesting rhythms. 8/10

Torch
Enjoyable enough, song is kinda annoying but that's just me. 8/10

=Karma-Fied= and =Planet Karma=
These two are on a completely different level, especially when planet karma came out it was something never seen before. Of course they are not perfect, but they have incredible detail and are a voyage of epic proportions, with what I can only guess is many many hours of work behind. Not only for their quality but for the legacy they left, I'm gonna say 9/10 for planet karma and 10/10 for karma-fied!

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 12-25-2020 at 03:11 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:49 PM   #15
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!
I consider this a nice Christmas surprise, tyty

Also these reviews are really fascinating, as there are a lot of files I thought would have gotten a good score but didn't and vice-versa. Really shows there's a wide range of opinion on some of these.

Old 12-25-2020, 11:06 PM   #16
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Fenrir
...One note though, the song cuts just when the vocals begin and it seems what would have come after might have also been worth charting.
Uh? I thought I did the vocals from m53-62.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:42 AM   #17
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
there are a lot of files I thought would have gotten a good score but didn't and vice-versa. Really shows there's a wide range of opinion on some of these.
I personally rate fun factor, flow and replayability the highest, so of course mileage may vary!

Quote:
Uh? I thought I did the vocals from m53-62.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Thought it was strange that the song only had a small section with lyrics before it fades out, but turns out it's how it is in the OST I wrongly assumed you cut it!
Old 12-26-2020, 04:27 AM   #18
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Thought it was strange that the song only had a small section with lyrics before it fades out, but turns out it's how it is in the OST I wrongly assumed you cut it!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 12-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #19
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Continuing with the reviews!

Magnolia
The only song of these three I already knew from before you sent me this! All of these are beautiful and very interesting songs with a lot going on, and this chart is incredibly satisfying to play. Contrary to some of your earliest works, this is also a great song to try and score well on. 9/10

Myosotis
I liked it, and the song is awesome, but there was this weird feeling where you were layering a note for each sound, but the song was really quiet at that point. It feels weird to hit hands and quads without some strong sounding cues, and while I understand you need to stay consistent with the approach throughout the song, I personally would have sacrificed that consistency in order to better represent the intensity of that passage. With that in mind, it's still a really good file. 8/10

Marigold
For me, this takes the crown as the best and most fun file of the series, with a lot going on and complex patterns that flow incredibly well. Everything's perfectly on point: intensity, climax, duration, difficulty. A masterpiece. 10/10

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 12-26-2020 at 02:25 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #20
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

deemo boss series is gr89
choof is offline   Reply With Quote