roundbox
storn

kinda ok with:

funnier
gold stinger

could be scum but I think they're a bad lynch today:

dafty

I'm voting for anyone outside of there

I think Haku has a ton of potential to be scum this game and no one is really talking about him

ffa has not done anywhere near enough to avoid being lynched today and I think he feels like
boxed out by how the game has progressed

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #3722
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I promise I really am trying my best, I just knew coming in that the way I approach things like this (as a logic puzzle) is generally considered not optimal, so I'm trying to make up for that by just doing a LOT of it :P
The way I see it is that somebody is trying to play the game the way they want to go about it, and not by other people telling them how they should post. Which with daychat on for nontown allowing coaching for a newer player, town read. The irritation that any posts you make seem to be getting ignored through getting left off reads lists is pretty genuine.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #3723
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
tbh its pretty dumb if wayward and I are each other's nemesis though
mainly because he had a huge, huge advantage by looking at my role PM and I had my item stolen from me, which basically vanillized me
Is Wayward town per your PM? If he gets lynched today do you get your item back?

Also, why didn’t Dai want you to power up, do you convert to exclusively 3P or meet wincons and end up removed from the game at that point?
Old 07-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #3724
the sun fan
FFR Player

I know I'm not playing super well
I woke up today and I knew it was going to be a bad day

just kinda want to get this phase over and done with

Old 07-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #3725
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
"How the fuck is anybody townreading roundbox?"
Votes for soundwave
I said i would and why.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #3726
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
"How the fuck is anybody townreading roundbox?"
Votes for soundwave
I said i would and why.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #3727
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
I said i would and why.
Just doesn't seem to match how aggressive you were getting over it
Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #3728
gold stinger

Quote:
I've got rather hard townreads on:

Devonin
Shadow God
Yoshl
Wayward
fg

Fairly hard townreads on:

soundwave
roundbox
storn

kinda ok with:

funnier
gold stinger

could be scum but I think they're a bad lynch today:

dafty

I'm voting for anyone outside of there

I think Haku has a ton of potential to be scum this game and no one is really talking about him

ffa has not done anywhere near enough to avoid being lynched today and I think he feels like
boxed out by how the game has progressed
FFA is playing nothing like his wolf game in AN game.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #3729
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
Is Wayward town per your PM? If he gets lynched today do you get your item back?

Also, why didn’t Dai want you to power up, do you convert to exclusively 3P or meet wincons and end up removed from the game at that point?
It is implied that wayward is town because otherwise, I should just be town and not town/3p. If wayward is a wolf, then Xiz trolled me hard. He /could/ be some kind of 3p that's not a threat to town, but its honestly very stupid if he is a wolf.

Yup, if he dies and I'm alive, the item is mine again.

He lied about what leveling up does for me, and he admitted as such.

I don't understand the last question, but the only way to remove me from the game is if I die

I have to win with town, and town only

Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #3730
gold stinger

Quote:
Just doesn't seem to match how aggressive you were getting over it
I am still actually pissed about this town read over almost nothing / because other people did. Its really a gut read reinforced by ignorance from everyone else imho.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #3731
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't disagree but I also don't really care.

If he comes in and does the exact same thing, then I think he gets lynched pretty quickly.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #3732
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
can you elaborate?
Old 07-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #3733
the sun fan
FFR Player

I should say that Devonin is right and that if Dafty comes in here with t-minus 30 minutes left and posts exactly 5 times

he should be killed immediately

Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #3734
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

1) thesunfan - I don't think I can read you as wolf after what happened. I don't see there being a way or a reason to do what you did as a wolf and if I'm getting played then fucking wow

2) flashflashaccount - I don't think you're town because the way you've been posting it comes off like someone doing a bad impression of town you. You either don't care enough to play how you did when we were wolves or you're trying to imitate your town game and it just isn't working. Wolf lean

3) dabackpack Not Devonin - I've never played with you but you're all mechanical talk and while people have said that when that's all that's being done then it's wolfy because mechanical talk is just feigning engagement I don't feel like that's the case just because of the kind of person you come off. Town lean

4) mellon_collie [Died N1 - Mamimi Samejima] - rip raeko . While I didn't necessarily think you were part of the wolf team I did think you were part of -a- team that included gs. You will be missed btw candy says hi

5) Shadow_God_10 - it's really hard not to wolf read you dude. Everything you've done and said has sounded so fake and overdramatic to the point it comes off like you're an actor in a drama. Maybe I've gotten to the point with you were I'll never not see you as a wolf and will have to trust other people's reads on you

6) Mtamborini [Modkilled N1 - Mr Resetti] - isn't this the second time you've gotten modmilled for inactivity?

7) YoshL - you're not playing like the way you were during the first game I ever played with you were you grilled me hard for a slip I made as a wolf on d1 of a game forever ago. I don't know if it's just your lack of caring or what but you don't seems very engaged. I did like how you came back at sunfan immediately and your interactions during that time. I don't see the slip that someone else pointed out in the wording on one of your posts so I can't hold that against you. Someone else mentioned that your role wasn't very ideal for a wolf but I can't really entirely agree with that. In a game where there are town and wolves and everyone and their mother is a third party it's not a terrible role. You can protect someone to find out of their a danger to your faction and kill them afterwards. Ive gone back and forth regarding your alignment and I'd probably say town lean just because your powers as a wolf, while plausible,don't make sense. Town lean

8) Antori [Lynched D2 - Kurumi Tokisaki] - rip my doo. I'll have to go back and see who wanted you dead because I remember someone telling me forever ago that 3p/sk have a better chance of winning of they're town sided and I think the people that wanted you dead might be wolves reducing town sided kp

9) Storn42 - it's gunna sound like I'm sheeping but your play has been really consistent and I can see where you're headspace is and how you get to where you're going. I don't see myself going after storm ever

10) Hateandhatred [Died N2 - Rin Kaga] - my child he is dead 😭😭😭😭

11) Gradiant - don't take this the wrong way but I don't really remember much of what you've posted and I don't like that because you're usually a memorable player. I haven't finished rereading the thread yet but you're null

12) Goldstinger - I was so sure you and Mellon were some 3p team together and I tunneled pretty hard on that idea. When raeko flipped town that kinda sucked because it meant that I wasted a lot of time on a dead end. I don't necessarily agree with you on some things but I like the way you've been posting. Town lean

13) Xelnya - I find it hard to believe that you'd be town with the way you've been playing but you also haven't come off as a wolf. You're probably the only person I can see that's still a solid 3p

14) DragonMegaXX [Lynched D1 - Senko-San The Helpful Fox]- rip lone wolf you never found your family

15) Roundbox - already gave my thoughts on you

16) Soundwave - you have been posting a lot. Like waaaay more than I would expect from someone who is as quiet as you are during ltwg games. Now I know that you can't make a one to one comparison over the two but I believe you're going for a loud town tell and it just seems off coming from you. Wolf lean

17) Svaz - your posts come in spurts of really solid posting and I don't know if that comes from you just being a really good player or if those posts come from a mindset where you know more about the game than others. Wolf lean

18) Dafty.Pixel - I literally don't remember any of your post. Are you mtamb? Null

19) funnier6 - I get you and funny confused and Its entirely because of the name. I feel like you really only post to meet the quote and then bounce. Wolf lean

20) Wayward Vagabond- I'm a catosaur rawr!

21) Funnygurl555 - already kinda gave my thoughts on you in a kind of meanish way. I don't like the way you've been playing the game because if seems like you're just shitposti g the entire time and I expect more from town fg. Wolf lean

22) Hakulyte - i feel like you resolve yourself because while your wolf game has gotten better you still tend to implode on longer games like you did in the survivor game. Nullish
Old 07-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #3735
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

FYI typing that up on my phone fucking sucked
Old 07-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #3736
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
can you elaborate?
A lot more mechanic based for solving. Was threads top poster. Stayed relatively out of conflict except for pushing the mechanics agenda. His reads list also wasnt that bad, and thats coming from someone who scumread him prior to it.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #3737
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
its like
very uncomfortable for me to be outside of my bed right now

I'll clear something up: pretty sure Wayward and I are each others nemesis. He's probably going to nightkill me tonight with my own item. tbh, I welcome it.
I am like 99% sure you are not my nemesis because we now have the same second Wincon and that can't be possible if we are each other's nemesis unless I'm suppose to kill myself lol
Old 07-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #3738
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
A lot more mechanic based for solving. Was threads top poster. Stayed relatively out of conflict except for pushing the mechanics agenda. His reads list also wasnt that bad, and thats coming from someone who scumread him prior to it.
It’s worth noting that all the mechanics WERE solveable and laid out in the OP bs this that requires a lot of guesswork

It’s also worth considering a possibility of burnout and being engaged in too many games elsewhere as an explanation for posting style, maybe
Old 07-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #3739
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I'm getting ready for my camping trip now so I don't think I'll be able to finish rereading the thread. I wanted to get my read list out though in case I don't have the time later on and end up dying in the night
Old 07-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #3740
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
3) dabackpack Not Devonin - I've never played with you but you're all mechanical talk and while people have said that when that's all that's being done then it's wolfy because mechanical talk is just feigning engagement I don't feel like that's the case just because of the kind of person you come off. Town lean
Eyy I get to crack out another result of my chain-reading pages on the mafia wiki.

I think you/others are conflating "information instead of analysis" with "using mechanics to do analysis"

I'm not just summarizing what people said, or describing what mechanics are, I feel like I'm actually doing pretty good analysis of what is -happening- mechanically and using it to push towards people I think are wolves.

The issue for me is that the actual objective events that occurred are the only things I can remotely trust to be accurate since the game requires that at least a few people are absolutely lying constantly. I'm bad at telling from what people say whether they're lying or not (yay autism) but I am good at noticing when somebody contradicts something else and calling attention to it.
Closed Thread