Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 10:06 PM   #1
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default TWG 202 - POST-GAME

TWG 202
The Museum of International Recreational Activities

- Phases will be 24 hour days / 24 hours nights as determined by random.org after a perfect split of votes via the questionnaire.
- Night kills must be made.
- Instas are ON
- Phantoms are OFF

-=-=-

CURRENT APPLICANTS
1) roundbox [he/him] [LOST at Endgame]
2) bugkid666 [they/them] [SKEWERED by Imps Night 2]
3) storn42 [he/him] [SHOT by Imps Night 1]
4) lurker [he/him/they] [EJECTED by Crew Day 2]
5) Wayward Vagabond [he/him] FreezinIce [he/him] [WON at Endgame]
6) Hateandhatred [he/they] [EJECTED by Crew Day 1]
7) Hakulyte [he/they] [EJECTED by Crew Day 3]
8) XelNya [he/him] [LOST at Endgame]
9) flashflash account [he/him] [WON at Endgame]
10) star-crossed [STABBED by Imps Night 3]
----------
R1) Shadow_God_10
R2) FreezinIce

Last edited by T-Force; 07-17-2022 at 10:12 PM..
Old 07-17-2022, 10:08 PM   #2
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Default Re: TWG 202 - POST-GAME

Setup was a 10 player, mountainous set-up, with a false day start.

Everyone initially rolled as a vanilla Applicant for the sake of my own amusement and to watch them all sus each other before the big reveal. Also needed the game to have a night start, but wanted to make sure everyone got to at least "play".

Please note, I never did once say that a Day phase had started; only that people may commence posting.

The pre-game application was used for two purposes: Phase length (which didn't matter because the 10 players EVENLY SPLIT VOTING 5 TO 5), and what colour bean they'd be given.

COLOUR SELECTIONS via Application:
roundbox: Teal, Black, Red
bugkid666: Green, Brown, Orange
storn42: Blue, Green, Pink
Wayward Vagabond: Green, Forest Green, Mauve -> Lime
lurker: Blue, Black, White
Hateandhatred: Hot Pink, Vantablack, Blood Red
Hakulyte: Fuschia, Orange, Turquoise
XelNya: Teal, Purple, Blue
flashflash account: Red, Green, Black "jund em out"
star-crossed: "All of them because I am gay. Please do not discriminate." -> Purple

Last edited by T-Force; 09-12-2022 at 12:16 AM..
Old 07-17-2022, 10:08 PM   #3
T-Force
Your world ends with you

MVPs: Easy split between Freezin and FFA for playing a near perfect wolf game. Never once did they get voted by day's end. Also let town implode - although nearly getting caught while doing so as the end.

Deadchat: https://discord.gg/7TSRmHBK
Wolfchat: https://discord.gg/mgAgtEmw

Last edited by T-Force; 07-17-2022 at 10:17 PM..
Old 07-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #4
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Implode is different than straight-up not posting
Old 07-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #5
T-Force
Your world ends with you

-

-

-

Love you all~ <3

Last edited by T-Force; 07-17-2022 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-17-2022, 10:15 PM   #6
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

my biggest regret is not calling out the lack of kill D0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 07-17-2022, 10:17 PM   #7
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Gg. I wouldve been ride or die with haku if i was town by d3. He was so towny it hurt by the end. Didnt feel right hard commiting to defending him as a wolf though

Also im wondering if a 2 wolf team ever straight up not voted at eod in mylo and still won

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-17-2022, 10:18 PM   #8
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm not sorry. Honestly, I don't really feel bad 'cept for the dead townies.

Especially do not feel bad for Haku. But I'm an ass-hole so we'll cut it there.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:21 PM   #9
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
MVPs: Easy split between Freezin and FFA for playing a near perfect wolf game. Never once did they get voted by day's end. Also let town implode - although nearly getting caught while doing so as the end.

Deadchat: https://discord.gg/7TSRmHBK
Wolfchat: https://discord.gg/mgAgtEmw

I am going to be a little mean here so apologies

But no, game was lost because of subpar town play. Wolves didn't even participate in that last EoD.

FFA deserves some credit, more then I probably want to admit but saying wolves played a near perfect game is just not what happened.

I'll refrain from commenting further.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 07-17-2022, 10:34 PM   #10
the sun fan
FFR Player

I was gonna wait until the morning, mostly, this is just an unfortunate situation that arose from a few different misunderstandings, but this is just a reminder that, in general, wolves do need to know who their partner as for the integrity of the game in such a game as this, OR the game needs to be advertised as bastard
it still could be the case that wolves don't know one another in a mystery game, but it leads to suppositions from players when just told one thing about a game

nothing is going to happen from freezin not knowing who ffa was this game, this is just a general reminder

purposefully not knowing your partner(s) when provided with the information is illegal in normal TWG games on FFR and, in my experience, most sites with werewolf/mafia.

the same goes for not reading your role PM, in part or in full.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:35 PM   #11
lurker
ur worst nitemare

i have absolutely zero regret tunneling haku
Old 07-17-2022, 10:37 PM   #12
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Should clarify, on sunfan's point, the PMs did not specify the partner names, and FFA's name on Discord is his (presumably) real name, so Freezin didn't know fully that FFA was his partner - although I'm sure he highly suspected it was.

Last edited by T-Force; 07-18-2022 at 11:13 AM..
Old 07-17-2022, 11:20 PM   #13
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I may have lost to covid but I'll still claim this a victory for me since I rolled wolf even if I replaced out almost immediately
Old 07-18-2022, 12:07 AM   #14
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Should clarify, on sunfan's point, the PMS did not specify the partner names, and FFA's name on Discord is his (presumably) real name, so Freezin didn't know fully that FFA was his partner - although I'm sure he highly suspected it was.
Yeah after about a day or so i figured it out by process of elimination

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-18-2022, 01:11 AM   #15
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The fact I didn't knew if the Among Us part of the game was going to be the actual game until the end made me waste most of the game thinking about theories that didn't matter at all in a world where town get nothing out of D0 and has no PRs. I couldn't be here on EoDs in general and town struggled to coordinate itself within 24 hours which is normal due to the nature of the setup.

I really think there wasn't much to do besides voting everyone I couldn't meta and then heavily depend on meta to turnaround the game from nothing to create a process elimination to retain players that could be solved from literally nothing besides what they type. The fact I had to force a narrative in that direction just to be able to spend a ton of time doing pairings made this incredibly unpleasant for the other players to town read me and it's no surprise it ended up turning me into the antagonist.

I was pretty annoyed at needing to strategically vote out players that doesn't play often. I wish I had a least forceful methodology to solve the game while pleasing the crowd, but unfortunately I'm clearly lacking in that.

I can't blame people for voting me. I just wish I had better options to convey what to do properly without sounding like I'm on a high with conspiracy theories and paranoia. It's sad I had to rely on AtE at the very end to finally put the picture together. I feel like this is not how TWG is supposed to be played.

In retrospect, I feel like this game wasn't too far from getting somewhere, but there was many obstacles left and just not really enough time to properly sit down and clear things out. That being said, I still don't believe I would have known how to properly convey these thoughts properly so, I don't really think it would have changed much either way. I just wish I will eventually stop getting punished from expectations of doing something that I personally am not really good at doing, but I only have my own playstyle to blame. Clearly, it was very incompatible with this setup.

tl dr; Still clearly need adjustments on how to play bastard games properly on my side.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:36 AM   #16
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
star-crossed: "All of them... Please do not discriminate." -> Purple
Among all your crimes, the worst one is censoring the gay agenda

This was a unique TWG experience. I think there was a good amount of evidence in favor of "Day 0" just being the time frame where you stand around waiting for the host player to start the game. We had no win condition in the Applicant message and gained it in the "real" role PM; there were no vote counts or results from our attempts at voting each other; the host updated the second post to link to "Night 1 begins / Game starts".

I got the impression T-Force intended for the situation to be more clear for us after we got the second role PM. It was confusing that the game started on Night 1 instead of Night 0, and for me even more so that T-Force specifically referred to what we were considering as Day 0 as a "phase" being extended. I think not being able to even agree on when the impostors knew they were impostors made it way more difficult to have consistent expectations and work together. Just one more subject for us to fight and get paranoid over. Of course, somehow all the paranoia of willful ignorance seemed to be TvT.

I understand why from a host perspective it was an interesting experiment, but between that particular mystery element and the lack of any mechanics that would provide any confirmed information for town, it was challenging. Almost all of us had some sort of life circumstances that made it more difficult to just be here. (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.) I think all of these factors led to discord and uncertainty that just permeated everything.

One of my weaknesses is getting stuck in my own head. Even more than in most turbos, I really had trouble finding much to anchor around to narrow down what to productively do in the game in the time frame that we had. Somehow we just ended up all talking in circles about Haku ad nauseum, which understandably didn't give Haku a whole lot to solve based on either. I was fed up with everything after the lurker-Haku KITB. I really wanted to overcome my weakness in final 5. I wanted the wolves to finally feel the same despair some of the rest of us had been feeling.

FFA and Freezin let us defeat ourselves. The last vote count summed it up perfectly. Thanks to both of you for making me want to get it right that much more next time. I'm also sad that higher-effort-than-usual-Xel sorta got wasted on this particular set of circumstances, but it is what it is.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:13 AM   #17
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
Among all your crimes, the worst one is censoring the gay agenda
I didn't know if you wanted me to out you like that. I can edit it with the full quote.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:06 PM   #18
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Ok. I am calmer now. Let me I guess try to articulate some stuff.

I think a huge hard tip off should have been when I wasn’t held to the fire. I think in most situations I should have been, as I said during the game. It’s a bigger flag post game than mid game. The lurker train was awful. I should have iso’d haku AND FFA. I think we go differently there.

I didn’t fully intend to destroy Haku with that long post. Sincerely any of those bigger points falls the rest followed imho. But I am literally the last person emotional appeals work on when i’m being aggressive, and I think most folks would agree with me. I think Haku dude you gotta play with a bit more sense. You’re literally inches away from being a solid Xiz-style player, I wanna see you get there.

I also have come around that FFA and Freezin played correctly by being quiet and not voting. I think it was a good read of a possible cfd onto ffa.

Also I will say I think I couldn’t have been, at least at the start, more charitable with that long post. But missing two days, one due to laziness, the other due to sleeping for 12 hours straight and being silly tired all weekend didn’t help, but I had the time. Totally fair.

Uhg. I’m a bit mad I didn’t do the extra iso. Good tunnel, not enough lanes.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:42 PM   #19
lurker
ur worst nitemare

i actually take that back
i regret not completely destroying freezin for the late vote
i was just pissed off because i interpreted 1-2 of haku's posts as taunting me for not being awake at the same time as them
Old 07-18-2022, 01:44 PM   #20
lurker
ur worst nitemare

oh yeah also if day 0 counted we would've won, ffa was in the kitb and any attempt by me to get him lynched would've been countered with "but you counted the joke phase"

Last edited by lurker; 07-18-2022 at 02:12 PM..
Closed Thread