psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
seems entirely relevant to me. the article is both enlightening and terrifying. thanks for the link.

I've never thought a whole lot about the way society deals with mentally ill people. that ought to be a hot topic, if it's not already.
Well I meant like it's not exactly having to do with Adam or the people but yeah it's related in a way. Worded it wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 12-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #162
Spoiled_Milk
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Spoiled_Milk Send a message via Yahoo to Spoiled_Milk Send a message via Skype™ to Spoiled_Milk

That's a pretty heart wrenching article, Kayla. She put it in such great perspective..I couldn't imagine the pain a mom would go through having to make such sacrifices for the sake of bettering her son and saving herself from further damaging her own mental health.

And well, in some cases like Adam I wonder if a mother would be saddened by what her son did (killing himself, she'd obviously be ashamed of what he did at the school) or relieved that it was all over and she didn't have to deal with it anymore.

Last edited by Spoiled_Milk; 12-16-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #163
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

It just makes you wonder how many kids there are like this out there that the parent's are just "dealing" with it rather than getting the help that's really needed. Adam was probably in need of some real mental help.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #164
Spoiled_Milk
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Spoiled_Milk Send a message via Yahoo to Spoiled_Milk Send a message via Skype™ to Spoiled_Milk

Yea, he clearly was.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #165
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

The problem is broader than that, of course. Society is rotten. Some people here would rather live in a world where everything is closed down and monitored 24/7 rather than a civil society where you don't NEED such draconian measures. 's all good if you have freedom to keep your gun, amirite?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #166
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Some people here would rather live in a world where everything is closed down and monitored 24/7
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of these people have no idea that that's what a dictatorship is.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #167
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I have a hard time believing that someone who would do that for the personal attention would decide to shoot themselves after the fact instead of try to live.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #168
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Well it's pretty obvious they were planning on taking their own life anyways. Why not immortalize yourself as a monster instead of a nobody? You could call them a coward for not wanting to face reality in the first place so imagine having to face the consequences of something like this. It's been said a bunch of times already, placing this story as a high priority on the news gets ratings but it also shows mentally ill people with suicidal tendencies that they can make a name for themselves.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #169
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

they need to stop glorifying the shooter. they could possibly be giving him exactly what he wanted. i get that they need to talk about him to bring some possible closure, but there isn't going to be anything that comes close to justifying this.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #170
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
I have a hard time believing that someone who would do that for the personal attention would decide to shoot themselves after the fact instead of try to live.
before: "oh man I'm gonna kill a ton of people today and people all around the world will know my name"

after: "oh my god I just killed a ton of people and I'm going to get a death sentence or life in prison (and get killed in prison)"
Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #171
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #172
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

"Well it's pretty obvious they were planning on taking their own life anyways. Why not immortalize yourself as a monster instead of a nobody?"

I can understand being suicidal and wanting to go out saying 'fuck you' to somebody or the world. But that's not the same as wanting people to know that YOU did it. Wanting people to know you seems incongruent with my view of suicidal people. Like, if you're going to kill yourself, you've given up on being a somebody. And of course, if you WANT attention, would you not also want to be around to experience it?
The personality that would do something terrible for attention seems far more likely to be a serial killer.

"before: "oh man I'm gonna kill a ton of people today and people all around the world will know my name"

after: "oh my god I just killed a ton of people and I'm going to get a death sentence or life in prison (and get killed in prison)"

Well this implies loss of control over thoughts and actions such that they weren't able to conceive the impact of their actions while doing it and that after shooting up the place is when they suddenly got back to 'normal'. It's a possibility, but I wouldn't bet that was what happened.

The way I see it, someone does that for the societal shock, not for the personal attention. And of course media impacts that hugely, but something like never releasing killers names wouldn't change all the coverage of it.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #173
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

nah you're wrong
Old 12-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #174
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
"Well it's pretty obvious they were planning on taking their own life anyways. Why not immortalize yourself as a monster instead of a nobody?"

I can understand being suicidal and wanting to go out saying 'fuck you' to somebody or the world. But that's not the same as wanting people to know that YOU did it. Wanting people to know you seems incongruent with my view of suicidal people. Like, if you're going to kill yourself, you've given up on being a somebody. And of course, if you WANT attention, would you not also want to be around to experience it?
The personality that would do something terrible for attention seems far more likely to be a serial killer.

"before: "oh man I'm gonna kill a ton of people today and people all around the world will know my name"

Well this implies loss of control over thoughts and actions such that they weren't able to conceive the impact of their actions while doing it and that after shooting up the place is when they suddenly got back to 'normal'. It's a possibility, but I wouldn't bet that was what happened.

The way I see it, someone does that for the societal shock, not for the personal attention. And of course media impacts that hugely, but something like never releasing killers names wouldn't change all the coverage of it.
It's not about being around to see it. It's about the person wanting to go out in such a way that people will never forget him. Think about it, his name is now a household name all around the world. Before his death he was someone almost no one knew, now he will forever be known for one of the worst school shootings the US has ever known. He knew before dying that he would forever be immortalized for this crime.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #175
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:

ok i just wanna say both choofers are u are wrong. he never had a second thought about whether or not hes going to be in prison or get death sentence or w/e, he accepted that he needed to die after. the point is to get the last word, which he did. it's very basic and fundamental. try not to dig below the surface. he wanted people to know he did it, and with the current state of school shootings in the media he knew it would happen. there is no further hypothesizing necessary. it is personal attention, he wanted to appear godlike, which the media inevitably portrayed ofc. societal shock is collateral.

edit: dont respond with a wall of text
Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #176
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Why are people acting like they "know" what he was thinking? Even if you guess what he had in mind it is silly to be that confident about it.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #177
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
ok i just wanna say both choofers are u are wrong. he never had a second thought about whether or not hes going to be in prison or get death sentence or w/e, he accepted that he needed to die after. the point is to get the last word, which he did. it's very basic and fundamental. try not to dig below the surface. he wanted people to know he did it, and with the current state of school shootings in the media he knew it would happen. there is no further hypothesizing necessary. it is personal attention, he wanted to appear godlike, which the media inevitably portrayed ofc. societal shock is collateral.

nah nig u wrong.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #178
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

no one knows what that b*tcH was thinking entirely but what i'm saying is absolutely recognize he had a desire to be immortalized in the monster limelight. an elementary school, public shooting; it is fairly obvious. identify the driving forces that help enable people to commit shit like this. the less people tackle these and the more people address the mystery of the individual, the more the killer is validated. really, really dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
nah nig u wrong.
control yourself pls

edit: Ok ill stop the multipost syndrome uve convinced me

Last edited by justaguy; 12-17-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #179
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Why are people acting like they "know" what he was thinking? Even if you guess what he had in mind it is silly to be that confident about it.
I think it's safe to say he was aware that he would be all over the news for this. Of course no one knows exactly what he was thinking.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #180
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/taleb...lxt9Gul4Q.html
Closed Thread