Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2015, 08:15 AM   #41
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Super Revival Pack 2015 released, download links inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
Trickstarz - this song is amazing. I shouldn't have played edit, I got meme'd
>2015
>Cant do simple 354bpm streams
>Dont touch me filthy casual

jk it's a fucking stupid chart and there's a reason I asked it to be moved to edit. The 24ths version is the main chart. That said I can in fact read and (barely) pass edit myself, so it's not as dumb as some of the shit I've made. It's mostly just meant for the one or two Staiains out there who I know it will appeal to, the kind of people who would play Oni on 1.3 (345 bpm streams) and not find it hard enough lol

Last edited by hi19hi19; 07-22-2015 at 08:18 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:04 AM   #42
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

I should have so damn much submittd to this pack my VGMP4 submissions hahahaha I can't play any file right now but I'll make sure to give it a shot next weeks
Old 07-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #43
intensez
FFR Player

Honestly I was surprised at the lack of VGMP submissions being forwarded here.. Not like there's a ton of active packs right now.

To be honest I'm kind of ashamed of my submissions outside of Bob's Tango and Title Screen (considering they're files I've had laying around for a year+ that were either released but lacked attention or just never released). I plan on doing some single releases soon as a mini pack of some kind, so sorry for those who had to endure Judgment lmao it's so lackluster it's unreal.. I left it in thinking that it'd be an alright file to fill in as a tricky MA file but my PR and pattern usage is nothing like how I'd usually step
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #44
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Honestly, from playing most of the files in this pack so far, I've been really enjoying every one. And I think its because I'm trying to not look at it from a critical point of view like I typically do. I'm looking at whether I'm having fun or not, and with what I've played so far, even the scoring files, I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. I think giving positive reinforcement on those who have submitted is kind of good morality, especially for the work that each person has put in, myself included. Maybe that's just me though.

ps. Actually almost done with my personal thoughts on my play through's of each song. Will hopefully finish by the end of this morning!
Old 07-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #45
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Cool someone likes my filesish.

I still need to play songs in this pack so I can say I played them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
dashoe's Hui, Pizda, Govno! was pretty fun. I'd definitely like to see this cleaned up and submitted to FFR if it hasn't been already!
To FFR-ize it all it would take is cleaning up some transitions and specific anchors and making the holds into color theory arrows.
Highlight for me was definitely the Mario coin sound 1313 swing trill at 48 seconds.
The dense section starting at 77.8 going until the split roll at 80 completely shrekt me.
Overall probably not file of the century, but the anchor-heavy style is fun and fits Reizoko Cj well and the file generally makes good use of the what the song offers.
How do I color theory. How do I submit to FFR.

Last edited by dashoe93; 07-23-2015 at 11:40 AM..
dashoe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #46
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Finished playing through everything and have written down all my thoughts for every single file! Note that these aren't really reviews and are more of things that I really enjoyed about each file, because in reality, I loved playing every single one of these files. Seeing the different styles of step artists that come together and show off their work is just so cool for me to see. Its one of the reasons why I started to step in the first place. That being said, prepare your anuses!

Please note if you want actual reviews, let me know, and I'll dive into detail what I think about each file.

Adularia- What I really like about this file is that the patterns flow so well with the holds to me, even if the holds from time may be placed weird. It’s a very smooth file for such an energetic one. And I loved playing through it all. Well done!

Anything- This really kept my attention the entire way through. What I liked a lot was how well the transitions between meters were held, and how smooth they were. It made the overall playing experience much more enjoyable for me. Really comfortable throughout the entire time, although with that section in the end with the layering in of the mines felt a little out of place, its still a really fun file overall.

Ataxia 11- Wow this was another fun one. The constant and driving beat made mostly everything (besides the one difficulty spike closer to the beginning) feel really nice. What I really like is how well you were able to have the certain sounds blend in perfectly with how you were layering the file. It felt really good on the hands. Well done.

Atropos- This was the first file I played by you, and holy cow I loved it. The transitions between 16ths, 24ths, and so on felt really good. Mini jacks were placed perfectly to feel like butter as you were playing. And the driving patterns just made it fun all the way through. Really nice job.

Between sanity and insanity- This was fun too! I really like how smooth the jumps felt throughout the entire file, and even though the mines felt a little out of place, it didn’t deteriorate the overall fun value I got from this. Nice job!

Bob’s Tango- Classic Ferrari. Everything was very simple, but effective. The mini jacks and jacks just felt very nice to hit, and everything flowed so smooth, even if the song is a bit weird. Love that you’re still stepping. It brings back memories of some of your older files.

Botines- Really chill song, and very fun steps. I do think in certain sections it’s a bit overwhelming in the layering and doesn’t reflect what the song is portraying, but nevertheless, I still enjoyed playing and chilling to it. Really nice.

Chirality- If you want to find a fine example of a dodge ball file done right, then look no further. This is one of the best dodge ball files I’ve played in a very long time. Everything felt so good. The mines felt super good to dodge and not out of place at all. The steps really reflected the overall feel of the song, and its just plain awesome. Really nice job, and good to see files from you still

Dash do Cinderella- Really nice and simple. Felt great to play. Not much else to say about it. Really liked jamming to it.

Elemental Creation- This one felt super nice. For an intense song, this felt super comfortable to play, especially that final stream at the end. Felt super clean, especially that middle section where the time increases dramatically. Well done.

Emil/Sacrifice- This one was rather chill and interesting. It had a very nice and rhythmic beginning and end and a really super chill and nice middle section. Although not consistent in difficulty, I feel that it gives the pack more variety than just having the same thing over and over again. A very nice addition to the pack.

Flyers- Really nice and simple song. Felt great to play. Not too much to say about it. Very straightforward and to the point, and I like it.

Gemini- Really chill song. Super smooth and really nice to just warm up and get yourself in the mood to play some Stepmania. Really liked it.

Go Forth!- This one was fun because of the variation it has throughout. It started out with some rather difficult jump jacks to take out attention right away, and then it chills out for awhile into this really groovy song, making it a very unique and enjoyable experience. Very nice.

Ground theme and Underground theme- This was a lot of fun! Reminded me of a file way back in the first light chancellors pack that I can’t put my tongue on what the name was, regardless, this was fun to play from the beginning to the end. Really nice job!

Haelequin- This was a very fun experience. The bursts felt great on the hands, and the overall transitions from 16ths to 24ths felt really nice to hit despite the tempo. Very well put together start to finish, and it was a really nice play overall.

Ham Jam- Another good dodge ball file, although for a song I wouldn’t consider to be a traditional dodge ball song. Very well put together, although some of the bursts felt a little funky at times, most of them felt great to hit, and it was very nice placement on the mines.

Heterochromia Iridis- Lol. What even is this. Good scoring file though. Just why tho lol.

Hui, Pizda, Govno!- Same as above. Not much to say besides good for scoring.

Imprinting- Really like the overall layering on this, even though some of the holds throughout felt a little strange with the layering perceived, it still felt great to play and feel like a electronic orchestral musician while playing. Nice job!

Infinite of Nuclear Vision- This was a kind of hard one. I really do like the use of jump mini jacks and how smooth they went with the 32nd bursts to add a unique difficulty that gives the file variation aside from the fast beat and dense layering. Really nice job giving it some variation.

Judgement v2- What I like a lot about this file is that the unique use of holds to demonstrate the different instruments that come in and out of the texture, varying their length to emphasize the difference. I think that’s really cool and makes this simple file more unique and more appealing to look at. Nice!

TRICKL4SH 420- This was awesome. Really well stepped, masterfully placed mines, and the accentuation of the different sounds through the color change of the note was really well placed, making this an overall super enjoyable and super fun play. Well done Kommi. As always expected from you.

Kissing the Shadows- This was my file. I really liked what I did with this file because I was known back in my early years (2008-2009 ish) to abuse the hell out of syncing the solos, almost to a point where it was literally impossible to be able to play them comfortably, hence the term Baq12 syndrome was born. In recent years, Ive been able to veer away from that, and with multiple breaks from stepping, I was able to conclude that stepping the solo at 150% accuracy was dumb, so I toned it down to 100% accuracy. And I think this file shows that progress has been continuing to be made. It’s a fun play for anyone I would think.

Luna Clock- To be perfectly honest, I don’t mind resteps, well as long as there was a good period of time apart from each restep, and I think this one deserved to be restepped. This is hard to be able to show some sort of variation compared to the likings of Zaghurim’s chart (which is actually one of my favorite files ever), but I really enjoyed the variation that you showed and what sounds you were trying to accent through the steps. It really made it a very unique experience and a really enjoyable play through of this. Props to you Scylaax!

Luvatorrrrrrrry!- Yep. Loved it. The mini jacks were just a lot of fun, and the overall feel of the entire file was just so good. I really enjoyed playing this, and will definitely play this a lot!

Magic- This was another really awesome file from you Gundam. Really well placed mines, great accentuations in the color note changes, the small bursts felt super good on the hands and it was just a wild ride throughout. Well done.

Magical Sound Shower- The transitions from 16ths to 24ths to 32nds just felt absolutely smooth. The DOS like song gave me some nostalgic feelings from growing up and playing DOS games on my computer, and this just brings me back. Really enjoyed playing this. Everything felt so great to hit.

Mario Pain Melody- Really cute song, and a nice feeling file. Really nice job handling the swing patterns and transitioning between that and the straight 16th note feel. Steps fit the song really well, and just made my morning much better waking up with only two hours of sleep!

Miko- The song preview fooled me curse you heh. Couldn’t play it very well running on two hours of sleep, but what I could play of, it was super fun and well crafted. A very nice balance of difficulty throughout, despite certain sections being much harder than others, it is still an absolute joy ride to play.

Neko Neko Reimu B- Really nice and straightforward song. Steps felt great, and always a relief to have at least one IOSYS song in a pack, well for me its typical to see one. Really nice job.

Nightmare- I keep seeing resteps of this song a lot too. It’s a good restep, but if I had to list one complaint about this, is that the 12th jump jacks that come out of nowhere near the end break the flow of the song immensely. It was really really good until that point and I got a little sad. The file was still great overall though, just a minor complaint on my part.

Niji no Kakera- I love having variation in difficulty in packs, and this was so refreshing to play. Really well stepped and layered, and for a really catchy and upbeat song. Really well done, especially from a step artist I’ve never heard of!

Opaque Air- Holy crap I remember this from Mystery Pack 2. And I remember how much I freaking loved this, now with some modern touches by you, this file just feels so good to play. The mines are well placed, the transitions from 16ths to 24ths to 32nds just kick ass, and I can’t stop grooving to this. Thank you for bringing this back Gundam. I loved this file back then, and I love it still.

Pictionary Title Music- Another really simple and easy, but super enjoyable file. Damn when did all these people that I don’t know of get so good at stepping so fast? It took me so long to get even remotely half decent…

Plain Asia PHQ mix- I honestly thought I was going to get the same thing with this song because this is restepped a bunch too, but I was taken by surprise how unique it was. A really nice change for such a good song. Really nice job.

Purple Haze- I took the time to play all three versions, and wow, I absolutely love the variation of interpretation of each version. Each chart was a unique adventure on its own, letting each one stand out in a unique way, whether it be through certain accents of what is being featured and how its layered and such. I loved every single chart from all of the artists who contributed to this file. Well done.

Ring- I only played challenge on this one, and for the most part, I freaking loved it, as I love most bmah files. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the long jacks near the beginning with the holds was just a tad bit odd and kind of stuck out too much from the rest of the difficulty of the file, but hell, I still can’t say it was fun doing it too. Just me being a nab. Really love the little rainbow work done near the end, just makes it pop even more. Well done.

Rotten Hersey and Chocolate- Its weird seeing this at a slow speed since its so fast paced, but it still doesn’t change the fact that this was super fun to play. Everything felt very justified in this, and the bursts felt really good to hit every time a group came up. Really nice job.

Scarlet Tempest- Another really fun file to play that felt great to the hands at first read. Will definitely be playing this again and again. Really well done.

Self Producer- Really nice job with the mine placement on this one. I felt it added a good enough difficulty to the file without making the placement too unfair for people who really hate mines. I think mines are good when they’re used right, and I feel they were well done in this. Nice job!

Session 1 -Genesis- - I really liked this one too. One of the best parts to me was the usage of the holds and the placement of the mines near the end of the file. To me, I thought that was absolute genius and just made the file extra special. Really nice job on this one.

Should you watch Boku no Piko- From an artist’s stand point, jaysus, this is some modern ass stepping mayne. Just got me in the Expressivemanias. One of those files you expect to appear at least once in a blue moon in a big pack.

Straight Oath- Really nice and simple file. Patterns we’re just superb and felt like butter on the fingers. Really enjoyed what you did here. Bravo.

Streaming Heart- For some reason, the mine usage in this kind of irritated me. I don’t know why, but it just did. Still loved the file, just the mines we’re irritating me on this one for whatever reason.

Sunset Caffe Terrace- This was so freaking awesome. I love electro swing, and this was just super freaking cool with how the instruments were emphasized. This was so much fun to play, oh my god. Love it!!!

Syncopatriarch- This was a lot of fun to play. The layering was absolutely splendid, with the bursts feeling amazingly good to hit when they arrived. The song was really freaking cool too, as expected of Blitz Lunar stuff. Really well done.

Title Screen- I really like this one for a few reasons. One, the layering was simple and easy to follow, making it fun to hit. Two, the mines were really well placed, so it gave it a little extra challenge for people. And three, the song was pretty darn catchy, so it compliments everything. Really nice job on this one.

Trickstarz- This file is addicting. Its really nice and simple, but just the replayability in the file itself is unheard of. I don’t know what drug you put in this file, but it’s rather addicting, and I will be whoring this file for awhile.

Unknown Soldier- Another one of my files. I am actually very proud of this one for a few reasons. One reason being I didn’t abuse the shit out of super syncing the solos, and I really focused on having a balanced difficulty throughout the entire file. While a few parts are a little streamy like, I feel that it is one of the reasons why this file just works. The slow section in the middle with the guitar really compliments the faster keyboard right afterword, and to me, it just meshes everything together nicely. One of my finer works that I made last year in college.

Violent Arcade- Really super fun and challenging file. I will definitely be playing this again just for scoring on this, and for a little endurance training for my forearms hue.

Yggdrasil- Not going to lie, I was thinking to myself that this would be a really intense dodge ball file, but what I got was a really pleasant surprise. What should really work the best as a dodge ball kind of file due to the genre kind of, it works super well with the usage of the holds as well as the usage of the color note changes to accentuate different sounds, which made the file super fun to play and gives it a ton of replayability, along with the mines that still give it that nice balance of challenge. Really liked what you did with this. Well done!

Yume Miru Mami Ni Koi wo Shite- Really fun. The 24th bursts felt super fun to hit and the layering was really nice. The usage of mines and holds were also really nice too, not overly excessive, and not very under used. It’s a nice balance of the two.

What are my thoughts overall? I loved this pack. While it may not be up on what may be considered to some of the older people as *quality files* like the files in ODIpack3, BUT, each file here to me had so much replay value, that I really didn't care about what would be considered quality. I found each file fun in its own unique way, and can't really put a list of favorites as of right now because I enjoyed each file so much. This pack itself proves that the Stepmania community is still alive and running, and it shows with the dedicated artists that have submitted their works to this pack. Thank you for making such an enjoyable pack for me, for I've decided to make a full return to stepping for the community, even during the school year which starts up again in a month. Expect quite a few files from me in the coming months!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #47
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Baq's review for FFR prize of enthusiasm 2015
Old 07-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #48
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

glad to see someone still enjoys stepmania in itself. We're on the same boat

edit: barfood, yesssssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited by Buta-san; 07-23-2015 at 03:28 PM..
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #49
BilliumMoto
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
Should you watch Boku no Pico - all jokes aside, and the fact that this was legitimately funny to play through with people on skype, this file had no business being accepted here but w/e.

o

ok
BilliumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #50
intensez
FFR Player

billiummoto, master of sync

don't listen to the haters i think you have potential to be a sick simartist with the right song choice and mastery of pitch relevancy xd
Old 07-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #51
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

k the positive energy circle jerk is getting too big i'm going to have to balance it out with some shit flinging

MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:10 PM   #52
intensez
FFR Player

what's a pack without drama?
Old 07-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #53
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baq12 View Post
Honestly, from playing most of the files in this pack so far, I've been really enjoying every one. And I think its because I'm trying to not look at it from a critical point of view like I typically do. I'm looking at whether I'm having fun or not, and with what I've played so far, even the scoring files, I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. I think giving positive reinforcement on those who have submitted is kind of good morality, especially for the work that each person has put in, myself included. Maybe that's just me though.
I wanted to add my own two cents on this, because this is a topic that I actually care about.

There is most definitely a difference between enjoying something and examining it critically. The reason why we examine and study and construct charts critically is because we this helps us understand and create charts that are going to be (generally) the most fun.

The "good morality" bit ties into all of this because I've found that many chart artists are actually extraordinarily creative, but all of the "technicalities" that we've been teaching over the years often times ends up stifling that creativity. Over the past few years, I've been trying to contribute back to the community by analyzing how we learn to make charts and providing an environment that will lead people in the right direction, a long-term benefit that will keep the community healthy and growing, and this is the main reason I wanted to judge for this pack. When I judged charts, I was more focused on accepting charts that were reasonably fun, but more importantly give artists the environment they need to develop their creativity.

And this is why despite the small active community, I stick with the "SM" side of things rather than the actual FFR game. The large majority of the FFR charts are what we would describe as "generic" for this reason. Before our community developed maturely, the first few charts were basic and simple. The next generation of charts were asked to conform to that standard, and with the large majority of the charts still following that standard, it's unlikely that we will see major change here. It is not necessarily a bad thing though; at this point it's arguable this is FFR's "style". I can't condemn the game that was ultimately responsible for me being here. However, deep down I never really agreed with the site in this way, even though I used to be awful at communicating this (evident many years ago by... well, you oldies would know what I'm talking about).

This post ended up being way longer and way more serious than I initially intended. At least I got this off my chest, even if no one is really there to read it. I also hope that if anyone has any legitimate criticisms for me they would express them, because I want to know if what I'm doing actually lines up with what I want.

(ps that's also why I wrote this that not enough people use)
vvvvv

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 07-23-2015 at 05:42 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #54
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

so stargroup, how do you feel about file "artists" like wafles
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:44 PM   #55
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

i don't know, am i supposed to have an "opinion"?

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #56
ilikexd

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
The large majority of the FFR charts are what we would describe as "generic" for this reason. Before our community developed maturely, the first few charts were basic and simple. The next generation of charts were asked to conform to that standard, and with the large majority of the charts still following that standard, it's unlikely that we will see major change here. It is not necessarily a bad thing though; at this point it's arguable this is FFR's "style".
What? I don't think the large majority of charts on FFR are "generic". And I don't think they're conforming to the same standard with the progression of time.

I think your analysis of FFR's "style" is quite reductive and not really accurate.

Last edited by ilikexd; 07-23-2015 at 05:50 PM..
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #57
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

k since we're going all out time for me to post my thoughts on the subject because this is also something I happen to care about

first let's clear something up:

There's a difference between "drama" where people pettily squabble over minor and inconsequential differences in opinion and look like total asshats

and "drama" where a group of people incessantly circle jerk each other into oblivion due to inability and unwillingness to provide any critical feedback to each other for fear of hurting the feelings of the dude who's penis is up their ass and throw their arms up in a gigantic fit when they're told anything else by anyone else

so yes you invariably cannot have a pack exist without one of the two forms of "drama" but that doesn't mean that you get to sit there in your circle jerk and shrug off every instance of it as the former. Well I mean it wouldn't be a massive circle jerk if you weren't doing that but anyway that's besides the point because I'm telling you right now this is the second instance.

The second instance of "drama" tends to happen when there's a stark ideological difference between two groups and one group desperately clings to an inferior modus operandi derivative thereof for whatever reasons, and simultaneously refuses to modernize while prejudiciously chastising the works of others outside the circle jerk while also simultaneously continuing to churn out their own trite and banal works. That isn't to say that every technical chart is bad because that would be pretty antithetical to everything I believe in as well as untrue; some of the charts in this pack were excellent by any number of standards, however, the majority were fucking awful and entirely forgettable.

Yes we all know where this is going but I'm fucking tired of hearing people say shit like

"I'm looking at whether I'm having fun or not"
"all of the "technicalities" that we've been teaching over the years often times ends up stifling that creativity"

when they are the same people who are the same people saying shit like

"dumps are unacceptable and bad always and can never be creative or a legitimate form of art or expression"

And yes stargroup I do respect you as a creative mind and a stepartist but I cannot fucking wrap my head around how you can hold those two opinions at the same juncture in time.

It's fucking baffling that a group of "technical" "elite" stepartists can make the transition from "totally abiding by all technical rules" to "occasionally shunting technicality for expression and patterns that are fun to play" but can't seem to take the next step to "finding a balance between technicality and artistic liberties appropriate for the song in question".

It makes no sense from either a practical or artistic standpoint and I would go so far as to say that anyone still clinging to the entirely obsolete ideals of "pure technicality" is a total fucking idiot.

There is absolutely no reason that:

A dump cannot be fun.
A dump cannot reflect the essence of a song without adhering to its form.
A dump cannot also incorporate technical structuring into its form.
A dump cannot be made with effort.
A dump cannot be creative and expressive on multiple levels.
A dump cannot be "higher quality" than others in its genre.

There's no fucking rule that says every dump must have 64th walls and be a fucking unplayable abhorrent abomination of a file. In fact rules of "pure technicality" go further in this direction than any dump files. There are going to be fucking garbage technical files and garbage dump files and excellent technical files and excellent dump files- that's just how the fucking world works.

So no you guys don't get to sit here and circle jerk your entirely mediocre pack and pretend like it's the fucking stepmania messiah pack because it didn't allow dumps. And no you guys don't get to sit here as artists and circle jerk each other for putting an arrow to every obvious note strictly PR'd to the last one. That's not fucking hard. Not only is it not hard but the vast majority of files in this pack managed to offend very basic principles of stepping that no contemporary dump artists would make. Shit like don't put 10 fucking seconds of silence at the start of your file for no reason you fucking moron. Shit like don't insert 50 seconds of 2 nps slow sections when the rest of your file is 15 nps.

For fucks sake it's not even like this pack would never have been good if it didn't include dumps. Even a small amount of effort to refine most of the files in the pack would have had ridiculous return on investment in terms of quality vs time. But NO. We can't have that because telling someone making holdspam patterns the same nps as non holdspam patterns is fucking stupid from a play perspective might hurt their feelings. Fucking get over yourselves.

Every year you people get this fucking idea in your head that the game is totally dead and a new pack needs to be released and then you put all this fucking effort into it and shit it out and it's totally forgotten by the next year because you fucking make files nobody wants to play.

Why the fuck was FFRCP 4 such a massive colossal failure from the players' perspective? BECAUSE EVERY FUCKING FILE HAD 10 MILLION MINES BECAUSE APPARENTLY THAT'S THE ONLY WAY TO EXPRESS ANY CREATIVITY IN CHART MAKING GOOD JOB GUYS.

Fucking get over yourselves. Either take your heads out of each others' asses long enough to understand what people who play the game want to play or just stop making charts and let us do it.

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 07-23-2015 at 06:04 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #58
choof
Banned

the only thing that makes an ffr chart not generic is color theory
there's hardly a way to distinguish authors from one another outside of song choice and color usage
there are over a thousand charts on ffr, and very few of them are noteworthy
Old 07-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #59
choof
Banned

mina did u like my file
Old 07-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #60
ilikexd

@Mina (not going to quote that post)

"when they are the same people who are the same people saying shit like

"dumps are unacceptable and bad always and can never be creative or a legitimate form of art or expression""

I sincerely hope nobody actually believes that.

Anyway, my opinion is that following the rhythms in the music and not following them are just 2 different techniques. Neither is superior to the other, the first is just more basic/intuitive/whatever. At any rate, I think simfile packs are better off divided between those two techniques so people can choose what they want to play. There are people who absolutely detest not following the rhythms in the music, as in they don't like playing such charts.

Last edited by ilikexd; 07-23-2015 at 06:22 PM..
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote