Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Old 10-21-2020, 12:03 AM   #141
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG)

Re: Among Us, I know that's actually encouraged a friend to play (again. They played one game several years ago. I wonder if anyone can figure out who).
With that said, a jTWG-esque Turbo, or just a basic Turbo would be cool to roll, imo. I know I'd sign up for it.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:06 AM   #142
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Re: Among Us, I know that's actually encouraged a friend to play (again. They played one game several years ago. I wonder if anyone can figure out who).
With that said, a jTWG-esque Turbo, or just a basic Turbo would be cool to roll, imo. I know I'd sign up for it.
What I was thinking was a jTWG turbo with all the fresh recruits we have

We watch and cackle in delight as they argue with each other and vote town off one by one until the wolf gets tired of pulling the charade and gives up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 10-21-2020 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: Forgot the good part
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:10 AM   #143
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Funny thing is that's happened.. a wolf actually committed seppuku in F3 because of the stress. Either that or it was a town.

Either way, watching the all Team Quebec F3 end that way was shocking, to say the least.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:23 AM   #144
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
You're fucking kidding right?

Is everyone here five? Two? How old is everyone? Maybe fresh out?

That's what it feels like.

How can no one read those posts and understand the amount of intentionally blowing it out of proportion for effect those posts are? It's not toxic, it's hyperbole.

I thought reading between the lines was a game mechanic, apparently everyone here is shockingly shit at it.

An actual pity imho.
I'm not kidding
lambast me all you want, its not good for the environment of the games

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:26 AM   #145
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Fair enough. Wasn't meaning to misrepresent anything in my post.
He was still agreed upon as being too much by the community.

Can you tell us what you mean by "move forward with"? It's still a bit vague.
I mean like
its a hard question to answer, and it'll still always be vague

but I do want a general shift towards just being decent people inside the game, that's the simplest way I can put it

Old 10-21-2020, 12:28 AM   #146
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I mean like
its a hard question to answer, and it'll still always be vague

but I do want a general shift towards just being decent people inside the game, that's the simplest way I can put it
Does this involve more memeing or less memeing?

I am serious about my Rias Gremory post.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 10-21-2020, 12:30 AM   #147
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
what ground has been made in this thread realistically?

I still don't get what the actual problem is, or the solution being proposed

this honestly just seems like drama at this point ngl
No ground is being made because the people who the thread is targeting are refusing to find fault in their ways and the people who recognise the problem aren’t able to identify a realistic solution.

I really echo what Makilaz has been suggesting, and agree a lot with what Roundbox posted as well.

Could it be as simple as disallowing personal insults? I’m sure there’s negatives to this too, but for sake of coming up with a tangible solution, I’ll start here I guess.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:31 AM   #148
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I feel like very little has been done in engaging with my post. Let me roll my sleeves up a bit

First, for those that did respond: thanks. FG, to answer your question, pointed and cutthroat play used to be the rule, not the exception. Over time, I feel like it's become the exception, not the rule of general player behaviour.

Now, can we try and engage some of the points I've made? I feel like things are moving forward without nearly any consideration of my contributions.
-We've agreed unanimously as a community when certain people are stepping far out of line
-Overt rudeness and harshness, I feel, has decreased
-As a previous offender, I pointed to my downward trend of spiciness. Deadchats, as they stand, are breeding grounds for personal attacks.
-Getting heated and emotional is anticipated in a longer game. How do we draw the line to moderate this? Is it even something we can define?
-Implicit bias controls the hierarchy of vote/read importance. There is a clear divide in newness/experience. Perceived skill/lack of skill. Male/female or other. As someone who occupies the beneficial side of all these equations, I look back on situations where I've not believed someone's read or taken as seriously as another due to some of these.

I don't know. That's really how I feel at this point. This whole thing just feels like decisions are being made in the background without too much being said in this thread. My understanding is that at least one person in the game had a bad time. Maybe this is wrong, but work with me here as I'm in the dark. There are absolutely, unequivocally, zero problems with someone having a problem with another user's behaviour. I've had chats with TWG mods about individual players, so I've been there. However, this was dealt with in private. Why this thread? It just feels like we're putting Lewdy, Lar, and Xel on display. Why not talk to them in private? Why does this have to be aired out here with people taking potshots and low blows?

The thread started off by proposing adding another mod. Now we're up to adding two more? Where did this come from? It seems like conversations going on outside of this thread are influencing decisions and not what's being discussed here. I feel like what I'm saying is falling on deaf ears.

-What is the idea moving forward? This is still not clear. I've only heard "more mods," but what specific aspects of behaviour or code of conduct content is being pondered?
-To achieve meaningful change, first, you must have acknowledgement. After that, you can discuss solutions. I don't feel like we've hit either of these stages.

I don't want FFR to die. Hell, I submitted a 13 player game to Freezin earlier. Please, someone, elucidate me.
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #149
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
No ground is being made because the people who the thread is targeting are refusing to find fault in their ways and the people who recognise the problem aren’t able to identify a realistic solution.

I really echo what Makilaz has been suggesting, and agree a lot with what Roundbox posted as well.

Could it be as simple as disallowing personal insults? I’m sure there’s negatives to this too, but for sake of coming up with a tangible solution, I’ll start here I guess.
This begs the question of "what's a personal insult?" which is a can of worms that I'm sure no one really cares to open.

Like generally saying "You're an idiot, lmao" is not an insult

Telling someone "Your IQ is so fucking low, I'd have to give you a shovel and three weeks in order for you to find a single point" is an insult.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #150
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
the people who the thread is targeting
yet twg posts are toxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:35 AM   #151
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Got crossposted but whatever I'm bed
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:37 AM   #152
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
yet twg posts are toxic
Old 10-21-2020, 12:39 AM   #153
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:

hey i mentioned havin a vet on standby for SUPPORT thanks
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:45 AM   #154
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Now, can we try and engage some of the points I've made? I feel like things are moving forward without nearly any consideration of my contributions.
-We've agreed unanimously as a community when certain people are stepping far out of line
-Overt rudeness and harshness, I feel, has decreased
-As a previous offender, I pointed to my downward trend of spiciness. Deadchats, as they stand, are breeding grounds for personal attacks.
-Getting heated and emotional is anticipated in a longer game. How do we draw the line to moderate this? Is it even something we can define?
-Implicit bias controls the hierarchy of vote/read importance. There is a clear divide in newness/experience. Perceived skill/lack of skill. Male/female or other. As someone who occupies the beneficial side of all these equations, I look back on situations where I've not believed someone's read or taken as seriously as another due to some of these.
- Agreed
- Possibly, I cant accurately confirm. As a relatively new player, I often find a lot of the conversations as still unnecessarily harsh
- I’ve noticed a downward trend in a lot of players, in all fairness, which I see as a positive thing
- I don’t believe it is something easily defined, which is why I suggested something to do with personal attacks, as there’s no need for a space for those on a problem solving game
- I personally find this the biggest issue, but as you’ve sort of stated, it’s only something that can be tackled on an individual level, not by the mods

For the record, two extra mods is potentially too many, but I don’t really know the background or reasoning why or even who is a current mod other than sunfan
Old 10-21-2020, 12:46 AM   #155
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
hey i mentioned havin a vet on standby for SUPPORT thanks
Like it’s a theoretically good idea, but would the role of the vet in this instance be what a mod or hosts job would normally be?
Old 10-21-2020, 12:46 AM   #156
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Why this thread? It just feels like we're putting Lewdy, Lar, and Xel on display. Why not talk to them in private? Why does this have to be aired out here with people taking potshots and low blows?
this thread isn't about them three though. like i only brought shadowgod into the mix because i was like "hello this is a community thing." i don't mean to come off as defensive though, eh. i just don't think the issue is a few players toning it down. y'all are saying that the community's improved, which, sure. i wasn't really around from 2015-2017. i didn't see how bad things got if they did get bad. but what i've noticed from 2018-2020 is it feels /worse/

Quote:
The thread started off by proposing adding another mod. Now we're up to adding two more? Where did this come from? It seems like conversations going on outside of this thread are influencing decisions and not what's being discussed here. I feel like what I'm saying is falling on deaf ears.
lmao beats me man i never know what's going on

Quote:
-What is the idea moving forward? This is still not clear. I've only heard "more mods," but what specific aspects of behaviour or code of conduct content is being pondered?
i think we should have some BASIC RULES
some COMMUNITY SUPPORT
some OUTREACH thanks

Quote:
-To achieve meaningful change, first, you must have acknowledgement. After that, you can discuss solutions. I don't feel like we've hit either of these stages.
i'm like unpleasantly surprised that most people don't see an issue with the twg culture here. it's whatever though. i mean, if y'all are satisfied with how things are going then maybe no change has to happen

im just saying the community will continue to shrink lol
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Old 10-21-2020, 12:47 AM   #157
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

If we're all STILL saying "what's the point of this thread?" then the last 100+ posts have been completely fucking useless, including my own.

All of us are in a giant hamster wheel and we're going nowhere.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-21-2020, 12:48 AM   #158
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Like it’s a theoretically good idea, but would the role of the vet in this instance be what a mod or hosts job would normally be?
host, no, because the host knows game information
mod? perhaps, but what if the mods want to play the game. you can't rely on a few people doing it all the time
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Old 10-21-2020, 12:49 AM   #159
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

ok but hear me out my idea about having someone sit down is EASY. it doesn't necessarily CHANGE group culture, and it would help retain newbies

y'all we used to have coaches for the jtwg'ers we can do this

ok one more thing: y'all the whole not listening/acknowledging newbie reads stuff like actually stunted my twg game. i took a break for a bit and played on other sites and i found that when i was assertive with my reads i was much better than i thought i was.
that really broke my heart when i figured that out
so anyways i hate that some players (like ya girl) are routinely ignored. y'all can ignore me though 'cause like i'll just win as a wolf again but don't do it to other people. thanks
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 10-21-2020 at 12:53 AM..
Old 10-21-2020, 12:58 AM   #160
the sun fan
FFR Player

i'll post more tomorrow morning
2 mods came from yoshl being fairly inactive and manti being extremely inactive (both of them responded very quickly when I have needed them over the years, don't get me wrong) and I think having two mods here would be alright

5 was the number of the council (which I hate as a term) back in the day so I don't think 5 is too big of a number