Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #341
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

It's got hit? I dunno, maybe they need the stam.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #342
Momoko_Katsura
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Momoko_Katsura

You know that the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37401 isnt much better than http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37179, and the second is easier to get, H UK.
Really good til you get like 25 naxx gear.
And personally, i'd take expertise over hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
My ego could crush whales.
Momoko_Katsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #343
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
I've seen rogues need on that sword.

WHY?!

~Tsugomaru
It is better then what they have, and they dont care about your needs.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #344
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoko_Katsura View Post
You know that the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37401 isnt much better than http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37179, and the second is easier to get, H UK.
Really good til you get like 25 naxx gear.
And personally, i'd take expertise over hit.
The way it's supposed to go is, defense needs to be at 540. Then you can work on the specific stats. Once all are ~20%, then you can work on stam. Once you have the stamina then you work on hit AND expertise at the same time.

Getting expertise capped is a bitch, I could do it, but it'd cost me about ~3k health and a lot of melee DPS hating me in my guild.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #345
Izzy
Snek

Good news, i might be able to get my old rogue back. I would so happy to not be a retarded death knight anymore.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #346
Momoko_Katsura
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Momoko_Katsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho View Post
The way it's supposed to go is, defense needs to be at 540. Then you can work on the specific stats. Once all are ~20%, then you can work on stam. Once you have the stamina then you work on hit AND expertise at the same time.
I know alot of people that are def capped by level 74 [like my ex's pally was].
Def is easy to come by.
I'd still say, save your time, and get the Infantry Assault Blade, instead of the Red Sword of Courage, and just work on your other gear to compensate.
It's less stressful in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
My ego could crush whales.
Momoko_Katsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #347
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
I know alot of people that are def capped by level 74 [like my ex's pally was].
Def is easy to come by.
Getting to 540 is easy, staying at 540 is not as easy.

All the "starter raid gear" for tanks has a ludicrous amount of defense on it. The Tempered Saronite gear tended to have upwards of 50-80 defense rating.

The issue is that all of your improvement pieces switch out defense for avoidance. You go from 80 defense to 50 defense, 40 dodge, etc. Your overall avoidance starts to climb, but at the cost of actual defense points. I peaked at close to 570 defense, but I'm sitting right on the edge of 540 now that I'm starting to get my epics.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #348
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
It is better then what they have, and they dont care about your needs.
I absolutely hate this ideal. If a Warlock or a Mage needs an epic with lets say 100 Spell Power and 50 Spell hit...then a Holy Priest rolls on it because of the Spell Power, it's ****ing stupid as they can't benefit from the Spell Hit. Same thing with a Warlock rolling on something with MP5...it's stupid.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #349
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Getting to 540 is easy, staying at 540 is not as easy.

All the "starter raid gear" for tanks has a ludicrous amount of defense on it. The Tempered Saronite gear tended to have upwards of 50-80 defense rating.

The issue is that all of your improvement pieces switch out defense for avoidance. You go from 80 defense to 50 defense, 40 dodge, etc. Your overall avoidance starts to climb, but at the cost of actual defense points. I peaked at close to 570 defense, but I'm sitting right on the edge of 540 now that I'm starting to get my epics.

That, and it's dumb to say that it's "Easy" to get 540 defense at a lower level than 80. Defense rating scales with level, so that it requires less defensive items to get it at, as was said, 74, than it is to get it at 80.

And yeah, I'm at 543. I had to take off my t7 legs for the bolstered, because 1) I need hit and 2) I hated being gemmed out for defense when I can get 28k health and still have 22% dodge, 18% parry, etc.

In an unrelated note, I really hate Valentine's Day. The candy quest blows.

To the above person: http://www.wow-loot.com/

I make people look at that before I do raids with them so that they know what they get to roll for. Saves lots of whining on their part and me having to deal with it.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 02-15-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #350
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I absolutely hate this ideal. If a Warlock or a Mage needs an epic with lets say 100 Spell Power and 50 Spell hit...then a Holy Priest rolls on it because of the Spell Power, it's ****ing stupid as they can't benefit from the Spell Hit. Same thing with a Warlock rolling on something with MP5...it's stupid.
Yeah seriously.

There's a ton of sp Mail with mp5 on it that has better sp than what I have, but I'm not going to roll on it until I know the healer Shaman(s) don't need it.

I was under the impression that you are not to roll Need on anything unless it's a 100% upgrade. That is to say, it's an upgrade in all the stats you actually use. Spellcasters need spell power, hit rating, critical, and haste. We don't need mp5, especially not Shamans. I've looked through the gear that drops in Naxx, and there's a full mp5/sp/haste Mail set and a full haste/crit/sp Mail set. As the only Elemental Shaman in the raid, I'd feel like I was cheating any Resto out of gear if I took the mp5.

Besides I really like haste rating since it helps to fill the time between Lava Burst cooldowns.

Edit: @Above poster: That's exactly what I mean. You can see what I'm saying right there. Look at the very first naxx boss and you'll see Boots that have mp5 on them that are primarily for Resto and Secondarily for Ele. Although it's annoying that it shows Ele-only gear as Resto-rollable, they're most likely not to roll on it anyway. How many shamans are typically in a raid as it is? And since all three of our trees are good (though I think Enhancement sucks personally), the odds of two or more shaman in the same tree being in a raid is pretty low.

The same goes for cloth and leather. If I'm in a 5-man, I'll roll on it, but 25-mans are guaranteed to have tons of mages and droods, so there's no way I'll even consider it.

Besides, that trinket with spellpower we were talking about doesn't have spellpower. It has Hit rating and +sp if you USE it. I'm under the impression that healers are looking for sustained spellpower.

Last edited by Squeek; 02-15-2009 at 03:56 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #351
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

You should roll need if it's an obvious upgrade, or even a minor upgrade. Usually if it's a sidegrade, then it's alright to let someone else get it. (For instance, you're a crit build, and something with haste drops.)

However, if it's on that list, and it's healer/caster/whatever, then you hold off.

I wouldn't roll on dps gear, and I expect dps warriors/paladins to respect that and let me get my protection gear.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #352
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture

Just posting my chars

Ghostlands Releam
Nificel - Orc Beast Master 70 Hunter (No I won't respec, and you can't convince me to. Many a person way better than any of you have tried)
Nificelter - Troll 5/2/3 19 Hunter (Twink)
Nifilizer - Troll Restoration 14 Shaman
Nifey - Taruen (Hence forth, cow) Protection 14 Warrior

Blood Furnace
Nificel - Blood Elf Beast Master 14 Hunter

FOR THE HORDE!

And I mean it about respecing. I won't do it. I won't....I won't....I love LichPuppy (my blue corehound) too much. Plus, we're bad ass. So problem solved. I won't do it.
Vuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #353
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Warriors should be best at tanking imo. Just because it makes sense.
I love you.

I despise that, instead of giving druids, DKs, and paladins new, different abilities, they went and gave them all better upgrades of what warriors use.

I know it's a kneejerk rant, but playing my paladin makes me sad because it gets mana regen, health regen, a crazy attack if you spec it, and warriors get a decent, but not as OP, stun.

Plus, I want consecration! Make TC constant, I say!

EDIT:

Holy crap it's hard to get to go to 25 man Naxx. Everyone wants people who've done Naxx, and I can't do Naxx 10, because my guild has that saved on Monday. But we don't ever get anywhere. So frustrated right now.

Especially since they prefer running with the DK in heroics now.

Quote:

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 02-15-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Old 02-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #354
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Even if it's just a minor upgrade for me, I'll pass an item to someone else if it's a major upgrade for them. I've passed on 4-5 staffs that were minor upgrades over what I currently have to people in blues. Besides, my character is more skill based than gear based and I'm already mostly geared. Just like in the real world, there are a bunch of jerks in WoW, it's just something I've grown used to.

Back in the day, the only instance I used to run was Shadow Labs because it had my Dungeon Set 3 chest, a major upgrade over anything I could get. I nearly got exalted from the beginning of friendly with Lower City running just that instance and out of the 40 or so runs, I've only seen it dropped once. The druid rolled need on it even though she was a tank.

Oh, I guess that's another reason why we think the game is easier. Getting even 1-2 epics is nothing while back in the day, that was an accomplishment.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #355
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It's easy to get into naxx on my server, especially if you're a shaman. Even if they have a shaman or two already, the multitudes of functionalities that come from totems make it worth it to have at least three shaman, let alone the fact that a bunch of them are party-only and do not work raid-wide.

Also just got my t7 chest. That replaced the last of my mp5 gear from my Resto days (to be fair it had a ton of spellpower on it and it was socketed).
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #356
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Expertise is up to 31(7.25%) and hit is capped.

At 29666 health, ~22% dodge, ~19% parry, ~20% block. I'm trying my hardest to get expertise capped and that's going to be ****ing IMPOSSIBLE.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #357
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

You only need soft cap, which is 26 expertise.

It's nice to have the other, but its not essential.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #358
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Remember that one guy that quit our thing in The Deadmines because we rolled on something, and I got it, although I needed it?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #359
Izzy
Snek

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...le&n=Yesterdai

im getting my rogue back!!! OMFG i am so happy. Trading my 80 DK for a 76 rogue but i don't care.

Lifetime Honorable Kills: 54785

<3 pvp
Old 02-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #360
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Why can't you keep both? O_o

Quote: