Old 02-9-2009, 09:03 AM   #261
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Well, according to my Rawr thing, which isn't 100% accurate (I wouldn't even say it's 90% accurate but hell it's better than guessing by myself), I'm up to 1800 DPS unbuffed. Rawr just recently implemented EleSham in it so there's a lot missing, like our only non-totem buff, for one. And it's hard to say "this is my DPS" because the DPS-increasing totems may not be the totems I have to use in any given fight. For example, the 5% spell haste is nice (not really but it's nicer than 0% spell haste) but maybe there are more melee DPSes than there are spellcasters, so they'd prefer Windfury for 16% melee haste.

Anyway I've grown tired of just running dailies for money so I've gone back and started doing all the quests I skipped. Specifically, group quests. I'm soloing level 80 group quests. It's pretty sick what gear does for you. Where my guaranteed Lava Burst crit used to hit for 4k, it now hits up to 7k. Gotten Borean, Fjord, Sholazar, and Storm Peaks completely cleaned out of quests. Nearly done with Dragonblight and Zul'Drak my first time through so it's just a few more there. I dread having to do Grizzly but it's gotta get done eventually.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 12:59 PM   #262
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Well, running 10 man Naxx is not really as worth it as going to 25 man Naxx, especially if 25 man Naxx is easier and gives better gear.

Also, damn you Sons of Hodir.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

Last edited by tsugomaru; 02-9-2009 at 03:39 PM..
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 02:12 PM   #263
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post

I suppose that half the reason why so many bosses in Wrath have enrage timers now is to actually force higher standards onto raiding DPS. If your tanks are good enough, and your heals are good enough, you used to not especially have to care how good the DPS was because they'd drop eventually. At least now DPS gets to see some of the work and effort that has already been going into making sure your tanks meet -all- the necessary requirements instead of just "being able to do ao bunch of damage, I guess"

That's not true. Pre tbc alot of raid bosses were heavily dependent on ridiculous dps. In 40 man naxx there was alot of bosses that would put stacks of debuffs on your tank to where the fight became impossible after a certain point. You have to switch tanks in and out to drop off debuff stacks. I remember grull in tbc being like that to.

One of my favorite bosses was the 2nd one in black wing lair. It was just a huge dps race. Also the abomination thing from naxx 40. I haven't done the new 10-25 man naxx so i am not sure if its just exactly the same or not.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 02:37 PM   #264
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

Patchwerk(the abomination thing) is still just a DPS race.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 02:47 PM   #265
Biff_tech
so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Biff_tech

Here's my toon.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rthas&n=Gaamat

Enchantments are too damn expensive 300-400 a pop no thanks, maybe when I get better gear i'll look into it more but for now i'm concentrating on getting my rep. up with the Alliance Vangaurd so that I can buy the Chopper Schematic. Also the reason I have any gem's in my gear is due to my friend being a JC.

Sig by Darkmonkey AKA Clowd
Biff_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 07:24 PM   #266
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
Patchwerk(the abomination thing) is still just a DPS race.
It's a DPS race and heal check at the same time.

I went Fury on my warrior because my new guild has a lot of tanks. They're cycling people through tanking, but will still get to raid on an offspec. In 5 mans(Still in a few blues) I'm pushing about 2.9k DPS.

Supposedly in Ulduar warrior tanks are going to be used more(other tanks seem to have replaced warriors in Naxx) and CC is supposedly going to be needed
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 10:13 PM   #267
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Paladins are getting exorcism boosted to be able to hit anything, but always crit against undead and demons. That alone is going to help keep pally tanks preferred over warriors/druids in many cases.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 11:09 PM   #268
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Well ****ing ****. My class is now a bad tanking class. Until they fix it so prot warriors are on par or better(which they should be imo) with single target threat, screw tanking.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #269
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Just ran OS25 with 19 people. I'm guessing they wanted the achievement but couldn't manage to get two more people. They turned away a lot of DKs so there wouldn't be a million people rolling on the plate.

Nothing dropped for me but I didn't die so that's always fun. 4 Valor Emblems (whatever the hell those are) and some fun experience.

On a different note, it's really quite annoying trying to find out the best gear I can get pre-naxx. One site says one thing, Rawr says another thing, and all the data is skewed and all over the place. Rawr actually suggested something would be better than what I had, when what I had had more SP, more stam, more int, and crit as the extra stat and the new item had mp5.

I don't want to have to sift through every single entry on Wowhead. Isn't there a centralized location that tells you "THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN GET BEFORE YOU START RAIDING."?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #270
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Just ran OS25 with 19 people. I'm guessing they wanted the achievement but couldn't manage to get two more people. They turned away a lot of DKs so there wouldn't be a million people rolling on the plate.

Nothing dropped for me but I didn't die so that's always fun. 4 Valor Emblems (whatever the hell those are) and some fun experience.

On a different note, it's really quite annoying trying to find out the best gear I can get pre-naxx. One site says one thing, Rawr says another thing, and all the data is skewed and all over the place. Rawr actually suggested something would be better than what I had, when what I had had more SP, more stam, more int, and crit as the extra stat and the new item had mp5.

I don't want to have to sift through every single entry on Wowhead. Isn't there a centralized location that tells you "THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN GET BEFORE YOU START RAIDING."?
Maybe some kind of WoW wiki
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:20 AM   #271
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
Well, running 10 man Naxx is not really as worth it as going to 25 man Naxx, especially if 25 man Naxx is easier and gives better gear.

Also, damn you Sons of Hodir.

~Tsugomaru
You can always go to 10 man naxx to get gear to replace gear you have yet to get from 25 man naxx. Also there are crap loads of achievements in 10 man naxx. "Momma said knock you out" is one of the very few.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #272
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
Maybe some kind of WoW wiki
Hope you were kidding. Wowwiki sucks for this kind of thing. Almost all of their information is outdated and the pages are cluttered as hell.

Tokzic suggested the Armory, since it has "find an upgrade" on the page. So I looked at that. Yet another discrepancy in how to determine the "best". To them, stats don't matter. A leather helmet with 91 spell power, two sockets (including one meta), and of course the stam, int, and spr, is worse than a mail helmet with just armor.

I do like how they lay it out and will still use it as a reference but it's just so frustrating that nobody has sat down and written a very simple "you want to aim for this and that will get you ready for the next step of equipment which is this and that will get you ready for this set here"
Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #273
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Here you go Squeek.

http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=65867

Also take a look at this.

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20914-shaman_elemental/
Old 02-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #274
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Maybe the right answer is to learn your class, learn the mechanics underlying the powers you have and use, and make your own educated decisions as to what is better for you.

I'm a paladin tank, however, most sources I've ever seen for the ranking of paladin tanking gear emphasizes stamina over absolutely everything else. As a personal build choice, I tend to stack an above average amount of avoidance to make up for less stamina and do perfectly fine. However, as a result, I disagree with many "this is better than that" lists on the internet.

If you're prepared to use the same talent build and spell rotation as the shamans who make the websites you're looking at, then their ranking of gear is going to work for you.

To make matters worse, raiding gear and playing gear aren't going to be the same thing.

You'll see holy paladins wearing cloth, leather, mail and plate. Since in raids, they should basically only ever be getting hit with raid/area damage and never pulling aggro, they don't need the high armour values native to plate, and many pieces of gear intended for other classes work perfectly fine for them. Try soloing in cloth and you'll find the results less than ideal.

Put simply: There is no single list of "this is the best gear for this level of play" unless you assume that your playstyle is the same as theirs.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #275
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Quote:
If you're prepared to use the same talent build and spell rotation as the shamans who make the websites you're looking at, then their ranking of gear is going to work for you..
In PvE the stats he will need for raiding will be the same no matter how he speced in the elemental tree. He'll still need to be hit capped before anything else.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #276
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

For Warriors:
* Changing stances now has a much reduced cost: you lose a maximum of 20 rage (10 with Tactical Mastery). For example, if you have 100 rage and change stances, you will have 80 rage remaining. If you have 10 rage and change stances, all of your rage is lost. In addition, we may change the penalties associated with some stances.
* You now gain rage when damage done to you is absorbed, such as through a Power Word: Shield.
* Blood Frenzy now causes 2/4% physical damage done.
* Sunder Armor (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 4% per application, and is now a single rank. Creature armor has been globally reduced so that debuffed targets should take about the same damage from physical attacks that they did before this change. The net effect should be that this debuff is slightly less mandatory in PvE and is not disproportionately more powerful against cloth targets in PvP.
* We are also adding increased damage to Arms, possibly through Overpower or Slam.
* We are also looking at granting rage when the warrior blocks, dodges or parries.

Last edited by Sir Psycho; 02-10-2009 at 02:15 PM..
Old 02-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #277
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
* We are also looking at granting rage when the warrior blocks, dodges or parries.
So giving you as a basic ability, something paladins had to go relatively deep into prot to get. Snazzy.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #278
Izzy
Snek

I want to see a 25 man naxx raid with 15+ death knight dps.

Edit: bought that titansteel two hander mace because i had all the mats. (except frozen orbs) Also got that full savage saronite set to get me started on pvp. Mining 200 ore only took around 30 minutes.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #279
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
So giving you as a basic ability, something paladins had to go relatively deep into prot to get. Snazzy.
Ok, but unlike you guys, we start with nothing and have to build it up. When I'm tanking at times I'll sit there and dodge and parry in excess of 10 hits and I'll be bankrupt of all rage. We have a minute CD for 20 rage. Every other tank has a skill that does this, we're getting leveled out with that without needing BoSanc.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #280
Izzy
Snek

Warriors should be best at tanking imo. Just because it makes sense.