Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #1
Shodzzy
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Shodzzy Send a message via Skype™ to Shodzzy
Default Help

I've been stuck on level 35 for a while. I had like 40 difficulty songs ALL on my top 15, and i got lvl 35 on my acc, now i have a few 60+s and most 50s, and im still lvl fucking 35. I swear this is broken, because im playing and completing much harder songs and getting good scores on them, check my top 15 if you think this is bullshit cus its not, im mad lol.

1. pedophilia?

2. statutory rape?

3. masturbation?
goood mythical morning
Shodzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:19 PM   #2
Sanjixcon
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Help

too many goods bro makes the aaa equiv score worthless
go for sdg's (single digit goods)

Last edited by Sanjixcon; 02-21-2018 at 11:31 PM..
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #3
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodzzy View Post
I've been stuck on level 35 for a while. I had like 40 difficulty songs ALL on my top 15, and i got lvl 35 on my acc, now i have a few 60+s and most 50s, and im still lvl fucking 35. I swear this is broken, because im playing and completing much harder songs and getting good scores on them, check my top 15 if you think this is bullshit cus its not, im mad lol.
Yeah the ranking is based on what difficulty of AAA is represented by the song. You could mash your way through a 100, but the equivalent AAA would be much much lower because of all the non-perfects.

Play 35-40s and get SDGs on them, and you'll get movement more than getting 20-40 goods on higher songs.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:16 AM   #4
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

long term you are better off just playing solely for improvement and letting your rank naturally rise as you get better, but i dunno lol numbers are fun xd

try to FC songs with no boos, if you can fc something with no boos and alot of goods it usually means you can read it etc but you don't have the speed, so keep playing stuff like that and focusing on lowering good count etc

also ffrmania
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:47 AM   #5
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
if you can fc something with no boos and alot of goods it usually means you can read it etc but you don't have the speed
Or you haven't yet subscribed to the offset adjusting hell that is accuracy on FFR.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 02-22-2018 at 01:47 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:47 AM   #6
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Or you haven't yet subscribed to the offset adjusting hell that is accuracy on FFR.
well i mean, if you are consistently getting all goods, technically they are perfects.. become
Old 02-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #7
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

Based on the rankings, your top 15 are just about right. Most people won't have AAA songs in the top because SDGs or in your case sub 40 goods on higher songs are weighted heaver.

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #8
Shodzzy
FFR Player

So I should focus on getting no boos and nothing over 30 goods? then the rest perfects? Ill try to manage that! thanks for the help guys haha!

1. pedophilia?

2. statutory rape?

3. masturbation?
goood mythical morning
Old 02-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #9
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

well, im just gonna ramble for a second about my view on improvement and whatnot cuz a biiiit tipsy, but, consider the following!!! (tm)

imagine a hypothetical situation where like, you are 10x faster than u are now, and can suddenly read and play patterns in 90+ songs - all of a sudden, you would easily be able to AAA songs and level up etc.. don't get me wrong, i think AAAing and just playing are a different skillset somewhat, to actually AAA things you need to practice it etc, buuut..

if you think about it in the long term, like some marathon shiet, you are better off just solely playing for improvement, and having your rank naturally increase due to this, rather than specifically going for ranks.. its nice and all to be like "ayyy i gained a level i must be getting better!!!" but you should be able to tell you are getting better in terms of like, the speed (bpm) you can play things at and your control during it

I think having a good mindset for improving is important, I used to say to myself "I'm not going to bother going levels until I can AAA the hardest song in the game", obviously thats drastic because even one of the top players cant AAA it, but its basically like, gotta keep gettin better etc

if you actuaaallly want to get better in this game, then u need to realize the only number that matters is the bpm (and which patterns are at said bpm), start working on identifying what is limiting you (e.g. reading, one hand trill speed, jacking etc) and focus on improving that, not "leveling up on hard songs"

edit: this miiiiiight just be an excuse for me being rank 400 yet potentially being able to be top 100 xd

edit2: also pleeeeasse start playing ffrmania, if u dont play stepmania to improve, at least play teh ffrmania, play some of the cutting edge jumpstrom (tm) fiels!!! http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=132902

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 02-22-2018 at 10:09 PM..
Old 02-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #10
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Considering you don't seem to have the foundation for consistent PA, I'd recommend focusing on the highest range you can get SDGs or even AAAs in a couple tries until you can confidently AAA sections that already feel easy to play. It's also a good opportunity to optimize your settings (e.g. offset). Once you get the hang of it, FCs will tend to have lower good counts naturally and will positively impact your FFR rank.

Alternatively, do whatever is funner if improvement isn't your main goal. In the end of the day, actually playing is more important than whatever methods you use.
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #11
Shodzzy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
Considering you don't seem to have the foundation for consistent PA, I'd recommend focusing on the highest range you can get SDGs or even AAAs in a couple tries until you can confidently AAA sections that already feel easy to play. It's also a good opportunity to optimize your settings (e.g. offset). Once you get the hang of it, FCs will tend to have lower good counts naturally and will positively impact your FFR rank.

Alternatively, do whatever is funner if improvement isn't your main goal. In the end of the day, actually playing is more important than whatever methods you use.
tbh i play like 50 - 100 games a day, and I actually do see myself improving everyday, even if its a little bit.

1. pedophilia?

2. statutory rape?

3. masturbation?
goood mythical morning
Old 02-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #12
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodzzy View Post
tbh i play like 50 - 100 games a day, and I actually do see myself improving everyday, even if its a little bit.
enjoy it while you can.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #13
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Wait, people actually care about what level they're on? I had no idea haha
Btw, level 87 for life because theres no way in hell im beating my top 15 scores...ever. Pandora 2-1-1-1...okay bro.

Edit: Stacked yo.

Btw, id just focus on actually playing the game and not so much on ranks and stuff. As you get better maybe focus on them a bit more.

Last edited by SK8R43; 02-23-2018 at 03:42 PM..
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote