Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
G0dfather
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to G0dfather
Default Godfather's Programs

Hi, I'm the Godfather. I have recently gotten into programming and wanted to release some programs to the FFR community. I will update this list whenever I make a new program so check it once in a while for updates.

Note: This post and my program will be fixed soon (if there are any problems). I had to release it fairly quickly and write this post quickly because I have a bunch of chemistry homework to do by tomorrow. I should have some problems fixed by tomorrow so check back then for the updated version.

This is a quick little program I made to make FFR a bit easier. It has a place to input Level Rank scores in (making it easier to figure out what scores you need to improve and by how much) and a regular notebook area to write down notes, save them, and load them up again. This is only the beta version so I will add a lot more features in the future. Check the About section in the program for a list of what might be on the next update. If anything violates any rules of FFR just let me know and I will do something about it.

Right now this program is kind of plain because I just started making it the other day and I'm not the best coder in the world (I'm making this in Delphi), and it's only in beta stage (I just finished it like an hour ago). If you have any suggestions, or want to help, or help me with anything, just let me know. It would be cool to have someone help me out, especially someone with knowledge of Delphi or just post some ideas here on the forum for me to read (I am just a beginner in programming so there are limits to what I can do, so just say your idea and I will tell you if I have even the most remote idea on how to do it).

Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?02aez7e41by
Always scan for viruses when downloading things off the Internet.
(If you do not have a virus scanner then use the free http://virusscan.jotti.org/ to scan the files.)

Things to be fixed:
- The columns in the level ranks section needs to be fixed.
- Sometimes, with long song names, the score is cut off (can be fixed fairly quickly and will be fixed tomorrow probably since I have homework to do).
- The ability to add multiple items in the level ranks area.

Screen Shots:

There really isn't a need to take a screen shot of the instructions and about screen because not many people are that worried about either.

Click Here to see more of my art.

Last edited by G0dfather; 09-14-2008 at 06:03 PM..
G0dfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Default Re: Godfather's Programs

I have a suggestion:
1. Copy your level ranks into a text file
2. Click browse, locate and insert your text file.

Program then scans level ranks and finds songs that are SDGs, SDMs, Blackflags, Missflags etc... and posts up a list of the lowest ones.
For ex.
In level ranks...
Uber Rave: 32.4.1.2
Excite Bike: 0.31.1.0

the program would spit out
You should attempt to Full combo the following songs:
Uber Rave (1 Miss)
Excite Bike (1 Miss)
You should attempt to improve the PA of the following songs:
Excite Bike

and so on. :3
Old 09-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
G0dfather
FFR Player

Hmmm... that actually sounds like a great idea. I'll see what I can do about it. I was going to attempt to do something like this but I could not figure out how to exactly because the way that the columns are set up is that the labels Rank, Difficulty, Song, and Score are the only thing that's actually in a column. When you enter a score into the program it just looks like it's in columns because of the spacing when you copy and paste it into the edit box. I wanted to make it so when a score was entered it could divide the numbers into different categories and do some sort of a sort from highest to lowest or lowest to highest for each category. I think I might have an idea about how to do this and some of what you said. But thank you so much for the suggestion (I will try to find some information on how to do this).

Old 09-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
heyitsmee
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

screenshots?

heyitsmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #5
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra

Your going to want to make the interface screen bigger. :3
Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Perhaps you could make it open source, though I don't think the majority of people program in Delphi.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
G0dfather
FFR Player

@heyitsme
Alright, just give me a second or two to fix a problem with inputting the scores.

@Zageron
Yeah. I was going to maybe make it so the FFR swf loads directly into the notebook, that way the user won't have to switch through a bunch of windows.

And I was just doing some looking around on some Delphi websites and I found some things that might be useful for your idea. I'll examine them better when I have more time.

@Kekeb
I'll probably make it open source once it is a bit more... made. This is just because it is a little bit too simple for a real Delphi coder to care enough to download it and modify it when they could just make one themselves. Once I get some sort of sorting thing and a couple other features in then I'll probably release the source.

EDIT: I just made a quick fix to the program to help with the scores of songs not being cut off.

Last edited by G0dfather; 09-14-2008 at 05:59 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra

Also keep in mind that if your going to load up the swf in the window you will have to make the ffr_the_game.php page itself load up, and then have the program lock the screen in place around the swf.
OTHERWISE it wouldn't be allowed.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
G0dfather
FFR Player

Alright. I'll try to do that. Or I might just have to use a TWebBrowser component to automatically load FFR's website and let the user get to the game and let them fix the screen however they want; either way I'll make sure to stay by the rules.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #10
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
I have a suggestion:
1. Copy your level ranks into a text file
2. Click browse, locate and insert your text file.
Program then scans level ranks and finds songs that are SDGs, SDMs, Blackflags, Missflags etc... and posts up a list of the lowest ones.
For ex.
In level ranks...
Uber Rave: 32.4.1.2
Excite Bike: 0.31.1.0
the program would spit out
You should attempt to Full combo the following songs:
Uber Rave (1 Miss)
Excite Bike (1 Miss)
You should attempt to improve the PA of the following songs:
Excite Bike
The main problem with this is that you cannot derive someones exact results from the level rank alone (like how many goods, misses etc). The only thing you can get is the song name-difficulty-rank and if it's full combo'd or not.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #11
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

No minimize? =(
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand the point of this application. How is it easier/more efficient to use than the Level Ranks page?
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
G0dfather
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekeb View Post
The main problem with this is that you cannot derive someones exact results from the level rank alone (like how many goods, misses etc). The only thing you can get is the song name-difficulty-rank and if it's full combo'd or not.
This is sort of true (I don't know why they can't really do this since Replays are able to record this kind of data), but I might be able to determine what perfects, goods, averages, etc... posibilities there are and maybe even guess the probablity of each posibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
No minimize? =(
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand the point of this application. How is it easier/more efficient to use than the Level Ranks page?
lol Sorry. I'm not exactly sure what I did to make it so there isn't a minimize button. I'll try to figure out what went wrong. Anyways, this is not really more useful than the level ranks page currently. I'm still trying to add stuff to it to make it better, like sorting methods and such. That is kind of why I released the beta version to you all, so people can give suggestions and maybe even help out a little (or a lot).

Last edited by G0dfather; 09-14-2008 at 06:23 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #13
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0dfather View Post
This is sort of true (I don't know why they can't really do this since Replays are able to record this kind of data), but I might be able to determine what perfects, goods, averages, etc... posibilities there are and maybe even guess the probablity of each posibility.
The server holds the data, and if you are a subscriber you get this type of feature (beta level reader).
Old 09-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #14
G0dfather
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekeb View Post
The server holds the data, and if you are a subscriber you get this type of feature (beta level reader).
Well... that sucks for us non subscribers. I doubt that I could get this idea to work anytime soon (the whole probability and possibility idea).

This program might actually take a turn and just become a whole FFR program with the FFR game, teir point retrieval, level rank retrieval, and other features maybe. Whatever though, my first reason to make this was to just practice some coding and I thought it might be helpful for some people. I can see that this might take a while though so I'm going to probably release the source code tomorrow of the next day after school so people can make addons to it and whatnot and share them with the community on here. I'll also have to tidy up the code though and make some changes to make it easier to view.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #15
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

You should be able to play R1 in the window and have it update recent scores, if possible. However, doing that might violate the rules, seeing how it kinda tampers with the flash by retrieving data :/

This is a good idea. Please stick with this and be attentive to requests. I can see this being really useful.

Edit: Owait, nvm. You can retrieve recent scores from the replay page

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
G0dfather
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Guardians View Post
You should be able to play R1 in the window and have it update recent scores, if possible. However, doing that might violate the rules, seeing how it kinda tampers with the flash by retrieving data :/

This is a good idea. Please stick with this and be attentive to requests. I can see this being really useful.
Thanks .
I am a little bit confused about what your suggesting though. Do you mean have the person play the game in the window and then scores on a list refresh after the song is done, thus updating recent scores? If you mean this then you are probably right about violating the rules (since you would probably have to retrieve the data from variables or something and it would probably be considered hacking), but there might actually be another way such as scanning a the pixels on a certain part of the screen to make out the name of something of the song and the score you got for it. Sadly I don't know how to scan a certain area for pixels at all and you would probably need to scan A LOT of pixels to do something like this and pre-program a lot of coordinates for different song names. In the end, I'm not sure if it would be worth it. Maybe Tass would know how to do something like this.

EDIT: Come on! 116 views and only 15 posts? Come on people! Give me some feedback or support or something. Or even just post to say hi.

Last edited by G0dfather; 09-14-2008 at 07:06 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #17
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra

Whaaaaat o.O
Level rank by default shows everything about the song
Ex.
1 1 Free Space (FFR Edit) 91,450* 59 0 0 0 0 59 37

being: Rank, Difficulty, Name, Score, Perfects, Goods, Averages, Misses, boos, Combo, Plays

Don't tell me that's subscriber only! D:
Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

yes it's subscriber only
Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #19
G0dfather
FFR Player

That sucks. Anyways, I'm sorry guys for not posting for a couple of days. I was actually planning on making some changes on the program yesterday but my teachers stuck me with so much homework that I only got about 4 hours of sleep that last night because I usually get home from my soccer practice at 7pm or so and I had to work straight from I got home to the time I went to bed (and I still didn't finish all of my work). It's pretty much the same deals tonight as well since my teachers just don't know when to quit, so I'm going to try to do some stuff on it tomorrow. I would love to hear some more suggestions of what people in the community might want to see in the program.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #20
boondocks77
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

command.com
=]