Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default Afternoon of the Dead

As a preface, know I wrote this for my brother because he wanted to make a zombie film that centralized around where he worked. He went back in, wrote in about two pages of dirty jokes, and then saved over my first draft. I changed it back as much as I can.

WARNING: Very long. And somewhat violent.

And I wrote it in script format, which doesn't show up well on here.

Afternoon of the Dead:
A Horror Film Extravaganza
(With Zombies)

by:
MalReynolds

Concept by:
His Older Brother

INT: Bentley’s Bedroom. Dimly lit, the main light source is his ALARM CLOCK on his nightstand. The Camera zooms to the CLOCK which briefly reads actual time, 11:30. His ALARM CLOCK goes off, and a hand SHOOTS UP! And slaps the clock. A groan is heard, and Bentley sits up. False alarm, guys, he’s alive.

BENTLEY:
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

CUT TO:
INT: Bathroom. Bentley singing off key in the shower, something like “Beautiful” by Aguelireiea. Emily shuffles towards the door and slams against it, before shuffling off.

CUT TO:
INTO: Kitchen. Bentley walks over to the pantry. His brother MICHAEL is standing in a small alcove beside the pantry. He begins to shuffle towards Bentley. Bentley opens the pantry door, and MICHAEL walks dead into it. Foiled. Bentley grabs a box of cereal.

CUT TO:
EXT: Bentley walking out to his car, a beat up old STATION WAGON. As he walks, there are other zombies in the backyard, including his mother, who is possibly eating one of her daughters. He climbs into his car, starts it. He backs down the driveway, and the camera picks up on the title:

MID AFTERNOON OF THE DEAD

EXT: Bentley pulling up to CARL’S PIZARRIA: GENUNIE ITALIAN, a pizza restaurant where he works. He climbs out his and begins to walk over to the restaurants, when a sound startles him.

BENTLEY:
Holy hell! What the hell are you doing in there?

CUT TO: Emily in Bentley’s car, the back seat. She’s clawing at the window, trying to get out, but the CHILD SAFETLY LOCKS are activated, preventing her from escaping even if she figures out how to work the escape hatch.

EMILY:
Ugggghhhhh

BENTLEY:
Uh, I’ve got work. You can stay in the car until I get off. Or maybe go to the coin laundry. They have Pac-Man. Wakakakakakakaka…. Fine. Stay there, I’m going to work.

As Bentley walks to the PIZZARIA all the way.

INT: Carl’s Pizzaria.

The Camera pans around to various people talking. The first in the circle is ERIC, who is fiddling with a Rubiks Cube. The second is BENTLEY, is reading his ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE. The third is HOT CHICK, who is eating a popscicle. Fourth is EDDIE, reading a book called “SELF ASSERTION: HOW TO BE AN ASSHOLE”. Fifth is CRAIG, who is complaining about being at work early. Number six, TAYLOR, is setting CRAIG straight about the current time.

CRAIG:
Why do I have to come into work so early? God I’m tired.

TAYLOR:
It’s almost twelve. It’s early.

CRAIG:
God, I KNOW!

But the Camera continues to pan around. Seven is KEVIN, who is playing PSP. Eight is BRIAN TURK, who has a clip board with very important documents, one with a BIOHAZARD STICKER. Nine is RJ, who is staring at a can of juice looking confused. Ten is John’s Girlfriend, Tanya. The eleventh is EDDIE again, who is picking a fight with JOHN HALL, the hero, who is pushing EDDIE back.

BRIAN:
You all know why I’ve called you out here today. Sales have been slumping recently. Can anyone tell me why?

KEVIN:
Cause the food sucks.

EDDIE:
Because our delivery time is an hour in light traffic?

JOHN:
Shut up, Eddie.

RJ:
Because my hands are too pretty to get dirty. Dir-tay. Duuurtah.

BRIAN:
Because we have cockroaches the size of my fist in the food? Chicken special my ass.

CRAIG:
Cause it’s so damn early!

TANYA:
Because our delivery drivers are unwashed, unkempt, and smell like wet dog?

NICOLE:
Because people like pizza!

BRIAN:
Valid points, everyone. Except you, Nicole. It’s actually the complete opposite of what I was looking for.

NICOLE:
Oh, I get it now. Because people LIKE pizza.

BRIAN:
Nicole, uh… We hired you because… Nevermind. Put that popscicle back in your mouth.

NICOLE:
Yes, sir!

BRIAN:
The sales have been tanking for all of those reasons. And some reasons we neglected to mention. And some reasons we swore we would never mention ever again.

QUICK CUT TO KEVIN, looking suspicious.

BRIAN:
The main reason is… Because we don’t have coupons people! God! You all would be managers if you thought outside the box!

NICOLE:
MMMMMAHSN.

BRIAN:
EXACTLY! Everyone should be more like Nicole.

(Nicole starts to choke)

BRIAN:
I take that back.

EDDIE:
Wouldn’t that just cost more money to print coupons, give people good deals, virtually give them money back? I mean, marketing to customers we already have is one of the dumbest idea’s we’ve ever had, and that includes making Nicole shift manager. Is she the one that scheduled all of us here today? There’s eleven of us!. College Economics 101 taught me…

BRIAN:
One-oh-SHUT UP, Eddie. When I want your opinion, I’ll stick my head up my ass.

NICOLE:
Like an ostrich!

BRIAN:
NICOLE! POPSCICLE! MOUTH! NOW!

ERIC:
Man, I gotta pee. Hittin’ up the loo. Catch you cats later.

RJ:
Loo?

JOHN:
You have fun.

ERIC (In boxers and party hat):
Way ahead of you.

BRIAN:
Well, that’s all. I’m gonna let you guys go home unless your on the schedule.

JOHN:
Brian, Nicole scheduled us all to be here from open to… Smiley face.

NICOLE:
Oh God, am I working today?

CRAIG:
When is smiley face?

NICOLE:
Second star on the right and straight on till morning.

CRAIG:
GOD I HATE WORKING HERE!

CUT TO:
INT; House of HINKLE. JOHN HINKLE is running to the phone, caked in blood. He is limping and blood be gushing out of a neck wound. He picks up the phone and dials CARL’S PIZZARIA. As soon as the last number is dialed…
CUT TO:
INT: CARL’S.
The phone begins ringing. Everyone is still in the semi-circle, looking at the phone.

EVERYONE BUT BENTLEY:
Not it!

BENTLEY:
It! Oh, dammit. Wrong again… I’m so bad at this.

CUT TO:
INT. HINKLE’S HOUSE.
HINKLE is dead. Quite dead. Until he rises from the grave, with phone still in hand.

CUT TO:
INT. CARLS.

BENTLEY:
Thank you for calling Carl’s Pizzaria, where all your pizza dreams come true. What can I do for you?

HINKLE:
Uuggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

BENTLEY:
Hey, Mr. Hinkle!

TAYLOR:
Who is Mr. Hinkle?

BENTLEY:
Mr. Hinkle is about ninety years old. A real loyal customer. He always orders the same thing.

TAYLOR:
Oh.

BENTLEY:
Yeah, he always gets the chicken special.

BRIAN (in background)
Ugh, roaches.

BENTLEY:
Mr. Hinkle, your order will be ready in… MR HINKLE, YOUR ORDER WILL BE READY IN ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES. GOOD DAY!

CUT TO BLACK: TWO HOURS LATER

KEVIN:
Let’s see… Came into work, clocked in, checked out Nicole, made Hinkle’s food… OH SHIT! HINKLE’S FOOD! Eric! Delivery!

ERIC:
Why the rush? What is he, dying of cockroach withdrawal?

KEVIN:
Just get out there.

ERIC:
Aye aye, el capitan.

CUT TO:
EXT: HINKLE’S HOUSE.
ERIC pulls up, grabs the heat keeper bag, and knocks on the door, which swings open.

ERIC:
Hello?

ERIC makes his way down the hallway, to the back door.

ERIC:
Mr. Hinkle, are you okay?

HINKLE is in the backyard, crouched down, either dry heaving or eating something. He stands and turns around. He has a squirrel and is eating it as a squirrel would eat an acorn.

ERIC:
Whatcha got there, Mr. Hinkle? Can I see?

ERIC approaches HINKLE, who drops the squirrel and bites Eric in the neck, and ERIC pushes him down.

ERIC:
Ahh! You got quite the set of chompers buddy.

ERIC pushes HINKLE down as he is being bitten, and saunters through the house. ZOMBIES begin emerging as he runs through. He climbs back into the truck, and drives off.

INT:
CARL’S
ERIC enters, and everyone looks at the blood squirting from his neck.

RJ:
Wassup, Eric?

Eric:
Oh, I really don’t feel good.

NICOLE:
Hi!! Eric?

ERIC:
I have to get some water. I’ll be right back.

ERIC walks back into the freezer, and falls over dead. The WALK IN FREEZER door shuts.

The guys are standing in the circle again, with the radio on this time.

FRANK:
Guys and gals out there in radio land, I’ve got some rather Startling and bad news. DATELINE: ZOMBIES! Well, there’s something like that going on. The dead have risen from the grave, apparently to complain about gas prizes! OHO ZING, no, but really, the dead are walking and they’re hungry. Look out, people.

BENTLEY:
He’s got to be kidding.

FRANK:
I’m not kidding, folks. I only wish I was. Thank God I’m in this sealed radio booth with food and water to last me at least a month or I would be in real trouble like you.

NICOLE:
OH GOD.

JOHN:
Wait a minute, zombies?

ERIC shuffles out of the freezer.

ERIC:
Uhhhhhhhh

TANYA:
You okay, Eric?

ERIC:
Uhhhhhhh

RJ:
Duder, he’s fine.

ERIC shambles over to RJ, and attempts to bite him.

RJ:
See? Same same.

BENTLEY:
RJ, get him off you!

KEVIN:
He’s a zombie!

RJ:
Word.

RJ gives ERIC a hard shove, which sends him back into the walk in. The GUYS place a chair in front of it, and seat RJ.

BENTLEY:
STAY HERE.

RJ:
Thanks, guys.

A ZOMBIE runs up to the door.

CRAIG:
Let’s let him in.

BENTLEY:
No. He’s a zombie, man.

CRAIG:
Zombies can’t run!

BENTLEY:
Sure they can! That guy’s dressed in a track outfit.

BRIAN:
Why in the hell are you two arguing zombie semantics? Let’s agree to disagree to not let anyone in.

CRAIG:
Let him in!

BENTLEY:
You, sir, are a retard.

The RUNNING ZOMBIE shuffles away, groaning.

BENTLEY:
Who called it? Who called it! Right here. Hey everybody, I have what is probably the most important thing to have in a situation like this. The ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE. It has all you need in here to survive a zombie attack.

RJ:
Schaweet, man.

TANYA:
RJ, aren’t you supposed to be holding the door shut?

RJ:
Man, it’s a door. It shuts.

BENTLEY:
And opens! This is bad… Oh shi..

HAND BURSTS THROUGH BENTLEY’S CHEST

RJ:
Oh dude that was AWESOME.

BENTLEY:
RJ… I’m gonna kill you. I am going to eat your brains, mark my words.

BENTLEY dies. The GROUP pushes ERIC back into the freezer, along with Bentley’s body. They barricade the door.

JOHN:
Okay, head count. We’re down two.

Counts off everyone. CUT TO: each indivdual saying “Here” except for EDDIE, who says “Not here. PSYCH.”

JOHN:
Wait, where’s Nicole?

FROM INSIDE FREEZER

NICOLE:
Guys this part of the store is chilly.

KEVIN runs to the door. EDDIE stops him.

EDDIE:
She’s gone, man. She’s… gone.

NICOLE:
I’m right here. Hi Eddie!!

EDDIE:
It’s too late man.

NICOLE:
Oh, good, Bentley is waking up.

KEVIN:
Stay away from Bentley!

NICOLE:
Don’t be stupid! He has the guide. He can help me. Bentley?

BENTLEY:
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

NICOLE:
Aww, that’s sweet. But don’t ever try to kiss me again. Especially with your teeth!

Everyone is silent

NICOLE:
Hey… hey oh no aaargh ow.

JOHN:
Well, now she’s gone.

EDDIE:
There was no time, man. She was gone the second she stepped in there.

JOHN:
Eddie… Fuck you!

EDDIE:
You can sit here and wet your pants all you want, but I’m taking my truck and getting the hell out. Anyone with me?

BRIAN:
I’ll go.

RJ:
Man, I’m with you to the end.

TAYLOR:
Let’s go.

JOHN:
Wait, you don’t know what it’s like outside.

They walk to the counter, where they look outside. It’s clear.

EDDIE:
Clear. Crystal clear. Not a zombie as far as the eye..

A ZOMBIE bangs against the window.

JOHN:
Can’t see?

EDDIE:
It’s just one Zombie. We can take it.

More Zombies appear outside.

JOHN:
Logic does not like you today, Eddie. Listen man, we got food, we got water, we have a bathroom. We can survive in here as long as we need to.

EDDIE:
Well, we don’t have to barricade any of the doors. Zombies can’t open doors, just like velociraptors.

DING. The door opens, and a zombie shuffles in. It tries to reach the group behind the counter, but has no luck. It grabs a menu.

EDDIE(while walking to the motion sensor door):
Well, there’s a counter there, AND the other door is magnetically sealed. Unless a zombie can enter a four digit passcode and hit star, which I highly doubt, we’re sitting pretty.

JOHN:
Good.

RJ is dancing by the door, around EDDIE.

KEVIN:
Except for the indoor motion sensor, Eddie!

EDDIE:
Oh, godammit.

A group of ZOMBIES push the door open, grab EDDIE and drag him out. TANYA and JOHN force the door shut.

JOHN:
No one step into that sensor! Are there any other doors?

BRIAN:
Uh, there’s the door in the back, but it only opens inward. We just need to barricade it.

CRAIG:
Don’t worry, I’m on it.

CRAIG runs to the back and begins to grab bags of flour, and stack them in front of the door.

CUT BACK to the front.

JOHN:
We’ve got enough food and water in here to last for a while. If we just stay here, we’ll be safe.

RJ:
Hey, can I go get my iPod?

JOHN:
Yes, and while you’re at it, paint a big sign on the door saying “FRESH MEAT.”

RJ:
Dude, I don’t have any pai.. oh. Shut up.

JOHN:
What we need to do is get that Zombie Guide. If we have that book, surviving this will be a cakewalk. Now, we need the most agile, skinniest person to slip in and grab it before certain doom sets in. Kevin?

KEVIN:
What? Oh, ok. Good. Glad you think so highly of me.

Kevin goes into the walk-in with a ladle as a weapon. Nicole is walking in circles, and Bentley-Eric stand at the back. The GUIDE is in Bentley’s pocket. As Kevin approaches Eric-Bentley, Eric sees him. He turns, swinging Bentley around. Kevin escapes, seals the door.

JOHN:
Well?

KEVIN:
No dice, Seargant Bastard. Next time you go into Zombietown and get it yourself.

(Time lapse, as the group gets bored surviving in the store. All they can do is listen to the radio.)

FRANK:
Well, that was a personal favorite of mine. As were all the songs being played. And next up, Barbie Girl. I must ask, is there a more perfect song?

KEVIN:
God, he sucks.

CRAIG is sitting on the flour bags in front of the back door, when the bathroom door quietly swings open. He begins to pick at the bag of flour as a FAT ZOMBIE approaches him, and bites him on the arm.

FRANK:
Oh my god, loyal listeners. My manager is standing outside of the booth, and he is quite alive. Hold on, I’m going to let him in. He might just be my ticket out of here.

A DOOR OPENING is heard, and then a HISS.

FRANK: (Distant)
Oh no… stay away, Tom!… Stay back you bastard! Oh no… (Now back to the mic)
Fellow listeners, it’s been a pleasure, but AAAR…

KEVIN turns the radio off. Everyone stares at him.

KEVIN:
Yeah, I already did this once when it was called “The Passion of the Christ”. I’m not doing it again.

ALL is silent, until…

CRAIG:
Uhhhhhhhh

JOHN picks up something heavy to kill CRAIG with, but TAYLOR is in the way.

TAYLOR:
Dude, Craig, you don’t look so good.

JOHN:
That’s cause he’s dead, fool! Run!

TAYLOR:
Wonderful.

CAMERA Cuts away, and blood is thrown onto the wall. CAMERA pans back, and TAYLOR is nowhere to be seen. CRAIG has added about 170 pounds to his frame.

JOHN:
Oh, you son of a bitch.

He begins to beat Craig with a pizza paddle, until CRAIG is dead. And then he’s beats him a lot more. Everyone stands around, looking at the corpse, breathing heavy.

BRIAN:
Will it come back?

JOHN:
Hell if I know. Bentley still has that guide. For all I know, this is the larval stage, and soon they’re have wings.

RJ:
OH GOD THEY CAN FLY?

TANYA:
Well, larva or no, dead bodies strewn about aren’t my cup of tea. We gotta put him in the freezer.

BRIAN:
Good idea, help me move the bags so we can get rid of this body.

They laboriously remove the flour bags, and throw CRAIG’S body inside, before barricading the doors again. THE ZOMBIES INSIDE begin to hit the door, but it is barricaded again poorly.

TANYA:
John, that was amazing. I knew I fell in love with you for a reason.

JOHN:
I’m just trying to protect you… I mean, get us all out of this alive.

They kiss.

KEVIN is standing alone.

KEVIN:
John killed a zombie, and he got a girl. Something had to turn Craig into a zombie… I could be a hero, too. Hey guys, I gotta go to the bathroom. I’ll be back. Wait, not cause you’re making out. But that is hot. But.. I’ll be back.

KEVIN grabs a peel and heads off to find the ZOMBIE. He goes to the back, and sees the blood on the FLOUR BAGS on the back door. He see’s blood on the BATHROOM DOOR. He swings open the door, and follows the blood trail to the ZOMBIE.

CUT TO:
Everyone else, standing out front.

BRIAN:
Wait, where’s Kevin?

CUT TO:
Freezer door. The FLOUR BAGS are beginning to shift. They begin to fall, and eventually, the door swings open slowly.

CUT TO:
KEVIN swinging the peel repeatedly, killing the LARGE ZOMBIE. He takes a breather, and turns around to find BENTLEY-ERIC and NICOLE standing there, with NICOLE in front.

KEVIN:
Oh dammit, she’s still so hot. But she’s a zombie! Which means she can’t sue for sexual harassment… or rape! Hey, what feels all warm and sticky?

KEVIN shudders and looks down. His hands are covered in his own blood, and NICOLE has her hand in his stomach.

KEVIN:
Hello there, small intestine. AHHHHHH!

Lying on the floor, KEVIN reaches one hand up on NICOLE’s breast.

KEVIN:
Ahh! Victory.

KEVIN dies.

CUT TO:
FRONT. The group hears KEVIN scream. JOHN grabs his peel, RJ grabs spoon, and TANYA grabs a butcher knife.

JOHN:
Brian, stay here. If you come with us, I won’t get enough room to swing the pin. But… If we come back… dead, I want you to kill us.

BRIAN grabs a ladle.

BRIAN:
I promise.

THE GROUP rushes to the back, juking past a zombie. They knock BENTLEY-ERIC apart.

RJ:
Howdy, Bentley!

THE GROUP disappears into the back.

BRIAN:
Bentley?!

BENTLEY:
Uuuuuhhhhhh

He begins to slowly lurch towards BRIAN.

BRIAN:
Stay back! I know how to use this! I’m your boss and if you don’t stop trying to eat my brains I will fire you!

Brandishes ladle, but BENTLEY continues to walk towards BRIAN. BRIAN swings the ladle, and hits BENTLEY in the shoulder. He continues to advance.

BRIAN:
Oh, screw this.

BRIAN throws the ladle near the motion sensor door, which activates the motion sensor. BRIAN vaults over the counter, but forgets about the original ZOMBIE, who is sitting under the outcropping of the counter. The ZOMBIE grabs BRIAN, and a scream is heard as the CAMERA goes back to the group, who are standing in front of NICOLE, KEVIN, and ERIC. JOHN raises his PEEL to beat the zombies, but he hits RJ in the eye.

RJ:
Hey man!

JOHN:
Sorry! Get back, RJ.

RJ takes a few steps back, and BENTLEY grabs him from behind. RJ pulls out of his grasp, and the group realizes they are far outnumbered.

RJ:
This way!

RJ runs past BENTLEY, and the group follows to the management office.

TIME LAPSE. The group is sitting in the office, just watching each other.

JOHN:
We got no water in here.

RJ:
It’s sure as hell better than out there.

TANYA:
He’s right.

JOHN:
I’d rather be eaten than dehydrate to death.

RJ:
Man, if the zombies are outside the door, then we can run past em’ to the bathroom and hold up in there.

JOHN:
RJ, that’s the first smart thing I’ve ever heard you say.

RJ:
Well, I hope you were paying attention. I don’t do that very often.

TANYA:
We know.

THE GROUP moves to the door.

JOHN:
Okay, we open the door. RJ, you run left and give the group a shove. I’ll shove them forward, and that should throw off their balance enough to give us room to get to the restroom.

JOHN (To Tanya)
Stay close… I’ll take care of the zombies. You hit like a girl anyway.

TANYA smiles at him, and sarcastically says

TANYA:
My knight in shining armor, always here to protect me.

RJ:
Oh, for the love of God, get a room you two.

TANYA:
Sorry… Okay, lets open the door on the count of three.

RJ:
One…

They brace themselves.

JOHN:
Two…

TANYA:
WAIT! On three or after three?

JOHN grabs the door handle.

JOHN:
Three!

JOHN flings the door open, to be greeted by about a hundred zombies.

JOHN:
New plan. RUN!

The three rush out, JOHN and TANYA swinging their ROLLING PINS, and RJ just running, until he realizes something.

RJ:
Oh crap, my jacket!

RJ turns but is confronted by Bentley.

JOHN:
RJ!

BENTLEY grabs onto RJ, fulfilling his promise. RJ dies. The two remaining run out to the PARKING LOT, avoiding ZOMBIES. There are a few outside, and they turn their attention to JOHN and TANYA, but they have enough room to get to their car.

TANYA:
Hurry up, John!

JOHN:
WAIT, TANYA!

ZOMBIE EDDIE emerges from the front of their car, grabs TANYA and bites her in the neck. She falls, dazed.

JOHN:
GOD DAMMIT EDDIE YOU ASSHOLE.

JOHN beats EDDIE in the head with the PIN as ZOMBIES begin to shuffle towards JOHN. EDDIE dies. Again.

JOHN opens the car door, gets in, and pulls it shut. TANYA gets up, and begins to claw at the window. JOHN watches for a few seconds, saddened.

JOHN:
I’m sorry, we were having problems anyway… I love you.

JOHN starts the car, and drives away, with ZOMBIES shuffling after him.

The final shot is on his back window, where EMILY appears to be hiding.

THE END.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, Ill give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111
Default RE: Afternoon of the Dead

Pretty cool script, the only problem I have with it is, there has been two iterations of Dawn of the Dead, one of which is FREAKING awesome, and I have seen three times, and one that I've heard isn't so good (the original). And I do see that you were trying to do somewhat of a mock, and a serious film, it was realyl well written, and I enjoyed reading it, but with two iterations, and a mock that I heard was really good (Shaun of the Dead) it is somewhat unoriginal.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Shaun of The Dead is a straight up zombie film with humor thrown in. I know it's not terribly original, but how many times can you use zombies over and over without it getting repetitive? Since this one is my brothers, he's filming it. But I'm writing one that takes place at my school, which should be a little better because I'll have complete creative control.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, Ill give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

Cool, tell your brother I said he was a great writer, and I would love to see a screenplay soon
I'd also like to see him write something completely, well- at least mostly original.. it was really good, and it,... "jumped right off the page" XD thanks, and I look foward to seeing your writing mal.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Howdy, howdy. I wrote it, haha, but it was his concept. His edit of it was filled with dirty jokes and took out all serious aspects of it, and that is my first draft.

Mal =P

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

THAT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!
ananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #7
deltro300111
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Afternoon of the Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
Howdy, howdy. I wrote it, haha, but it was his concept. His edit of it was filled with dirty jokes and took out all serious aspects of it, and that is my first draft.

Mal =P
Ok, fine, tell yourself I said you were a great writer =P. Dirty jokes wouldn't hurt though
Old 04-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #8
hatakikakashi
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Afternoon of the Dead

Good luck with that.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #9
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

They were just random and completley inapporpriatley placed dirty jokes. Like, Kevin grabbing Zombie-Nicole's boob is funny, and in place, but had like... Six masturbation jokes before that. It just got boring after a while.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #10
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

good story, but one question: is Emily a zombie girl that was for some reason in John's back seat?

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 PM   #11
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Emily is the sister of Bentley, who fails to notice the fact that his entire family have turned into zombies. A prequel will be up soon, that centers around his brother (me) and how he becomes a zombie, in the feature film:

"School of Rot".

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #12
Loverofstories
Banned

how long will it be, if you posted that then sorry
Loverofstories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #13
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

About thirty to forty minutes of film. The prequel will be about an hour and a half long.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!