Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Songs of the Week
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2016, 03:54 AM   #101
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenorosth View Post
If I were remotely close to the other people in d3, I'd not feel so bad. But almost everyone has passed me with significantly less effort than I put. I'm not even close. The person above me is literally 20 goods away, and the person behind me is one perfect or so from passing me. There's the idea of being "good enough" for d3, but then there's also the fact that I know deep down I'm not d3, what the hell am I doing here? It's like being an art major with a GPA of 2.0 getting thrown into a Physics 2 class for honors students. Shit's not going to go well. Am I honored to be there? No. I'm going to say I want to be put in an area where I can actually function.
if everyone got put in the divisions they wanted, then what would the freaking point be

i mean seriously. if we could all pick our divisions, we'd all be d1. work HARD so the person behind you DOESN'T catch you. if you didn't want to work for it, then WHY. did you expect it to be easy? that's not how competition works. it's not SUPPOSED to be easy. you're supposed to work your ass off. or in his case, your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:55 AM   #102
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yeah, I hear you - the last tournament was actually more than a year ago in fact. If consistency in skill is something you are concerned about, then perhaps you may want to try playing FFR throughout the year, and not just during a tournament. I personally think the best thing about this site is the community - why not try finding a rival that's within your skill range and practice? Frankly, consistency is not compatible with a lack of playing, so perhaps prepare over the long-term. If your skill gets even better to warrant yourself a new division, congrats!

I sense that a lot of people are trying to "time" their skill levels so that they don't end up on the tail end of their division whenever a tournament occurs. For a token collector, that must sound particularly frustrating, but I still believe that it's not really a matter of chance - it's still a matter of effort. Think of the top players of each division not as being the lucky guys who were placed on the higher end of their division, but rather the people who really have the motivation and dedication to reach their goals. This isn't theoretical. Give it a shot.

Last edited by bmah; 06-25-2016 at 03:56 AM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:56 AM   #103
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

yeah and just imagine how much harder it would be to sand bag d7...
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:03 AM   #104
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

bmah, to a token collector, getting bumped up would be terrible.

The game honestly feels exponentially harder once you get up there, and that's why people say there is such a massive gap between d7 players. They master smaller and smaller things, and to be honest, it's down right frustrating knowing that if I sucked a little bit more I'd have had a shot.

I don't believe it's chance either, but the fact that I'm being held to standards I only pulled off five years ago, and then a massive history showing I never reached that high again is just frustrating. I proposed a system in chat that would cut down on this happening, but everyone took it so horridly that I didn't bother bringing it up.
Xenorosth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:10 AM   #105
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
I would agree, but considering this only happens once a year, it's kinda hard not to be a bit salty being shot down because of scores you did 5 years ago. It reminds of how good I was then, and how shit I was now. It's not just a "You can get this skill back" because I know for a fact that I have tokens I can't even think about touching again now. It's been five years. Five years. I played a lot three years ago, and the skill didn't come back then. So how am I going to be held to that standard? That, in a nutshell, is why I'm annoyed. In short, I feel like even if I wait a year, I'll just get shot down again. Either because I won't improve, or if I do, I'll be put in D4. It's what happened When I first got placed in d2 well before even the 8th tourny.
You're not the only one in this type of situation.
It's your obligation to uphold that "standard" you met years ago, just as everyone else has done.

Either way, as stated in the Original Post(OP) of the "11th Official Tournament" thread

Q: I’ve degraded in skill – can I be in a lower division?
A: Unfortunately, you will not be placed off of your current skill, but rather the skill that is reflected in your level ranks (public and token). Gauging current skill is incredibly risky and can ruin the overall tournament experience, especially if someone improves unexpectedly due to being placed in a lower division for skill degradation. Do your best – each round is a week long, and you can accomplish a lot in that week if you try.

As well as

If you happen to have any issues with placements, do not post them in any threads. Instead, send a private message to me(psychoangel691) via FFR, or send me a message on Skype at saphira251. I will do my best to respond to everyone in regards to everything. Continual disregard of this rule will result in removal from the tournament.

Fasting from playing your current division's required file will yield a less favorable outcome than you might expect, as well as continually not following the rules set for this tournament.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:14 AM   #106
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
bmah, to a token collector, getting bumped up would be terrible.

The game honestly feels exponentially harder once you get up there, and that's why people say there is such a massive gap between d7 players. They master smaller and smaller things, and to be honest, it's down right frustrating knowing that if I sucked a little bit more I'd have had a shot.

I don't believe it's chance either, but the fact that I'm being held to standards I only pulled off five years ago, and then a massive history showing I never reached that high again is just frustrating. I proposed a system in chat that would cut down on this happening, but everyone took it so horridly that I didn't bother bringing it up.
we're all (or most) being held to standards from years ago that we can't match. but none of us are whining like this. if you don't want to play, it's as simple as that. don't play. but holy shit, you're just holding yourself back right now.

Quote:
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Old 06-25-2016, 04:19 AM   #107
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm aware, Frank, and I'm not bitching about "I should have been put in d2". I'm saying I know why I'm in d3, and it sucks because I know that there's no question on it. Bmah asked why I played, so I answered, and the answer included difficulty.

Secondly, I asked to be removed anyway, and it was ignored. In fact, if you've read, I've asked multiple times to be bumped up to d4, simply because I enjoy the file more, and feel that I'd have a better shot there than d3 due to the file type. I'd rather not have the d3 badge on my profile because I know I'm not ready for it. Bump me up, remove me, I honestly don't care since I know that I've no chance at even top 16. I'm already not going to play the file anymore anyway.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:20 AM   #108
sweet2kill210
I'm okay I guess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Yahoo to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Skype™ to sweet2kill210

I hate the D6 song. I don't like trills. Long trills are my worst enemy (especially if they're fast). Also, I'll sometimes miss the last note on a purple trill. Trills suck. Trills. Trilly trilly trilly. This file has lots of trills.

Nah, but it's not all bad. Anyway, I like D5's file and the file for D7 is super hard for round one. Like, damn. D7 does not mess around. This OT is going to be so much fun though.

Thanks Gold Stinger, you are amazing!

sweet2kill210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:23 AM   #109
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Secondly, I asked to be removed anyway, and it was ignored. In fact, if you've read, I've asked multiple times to be bumped up to d4, simply because I enjoy the file more, and feel that I'd have a better shot there than d3 due to the file type. I'd rather not have the d3 badge on my profile because I know I'm not ready for it.
But, what if you hate D4s next round file, and like D3s better? And the next round will be harder, regardless. Would you rather have a D4 Badge on your profile, although you are less ready for it, than the D3 badge? This makes no sense to me...

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0

Last edited by Kanzas; 06-25-2016 at 04:24 AM..
Kanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:23 AM   #110
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet2kill210 View Post
I hate the D6 song. I don't like trills. Long trills are my worst enemy (especially if they're fast). Also, I'll sometimes miss the last note on a purple trill. Trills suck. Trills. Trilly trilly trilly. This file has lots of trills.

Nah, but it's not all bad. Anyway, I like D5's file and the file for D7 is super hard for round one. Like, damn. D7 does not mess around. This OT is going to be so much fun though.
oh hey that's what this thread is supposed to be about. yes the d5 file is fun.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2016, 04:25 AM   #111
V-Ormix
Banned

V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:26 AM   #112
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzas View Post
But, what if you hate D4s next round file, and like D3s better? And the next round will be harder, regardless. Would you rather have a D4 Badge on your profile, although you are less ready for it, than the D3 badge? This makes no sense to me...
I'd have thought you wouldn't get one if you forced yourself into the upper tiers. If that is the case, then never mind. Just remove me. Lol.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:30 AM   #113
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150

Quote:
Just remove me. Lol.
Can this happen yet? Maybe he will stop posting.
In other news, the D6 file is lots of fun too. D7 is still kicking my ass. You win this round gameboy, I doubt I'll improve too much more but I'll just have to keep trying.
dell2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:31 AM   #114
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell2150 View Post
Can this happen yet? Maybe he will stop posting.
i didn't want to be this blunt, but. SHRUGS EMPHATICALLY

Quote:
Old 06-25-2016, 04:34 AM   #115
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm aware, Frank, and I'm not bitching about "I should have been put in d2". I'm saying I know why I'm in d3, and it sucks because I know that there's no question on it. Bmah asked why I played, so I answered, and the answer included difficulty.

Secondly, I asked to be removed anyway, and it was ignored. In fact, if you've read, I've asked multiple times to be bumped up to d4, simply because I enjoy the file more, and feel that I'd have a better shot there than d3 due to the file type. I'd rather not have the d3 badge on my profile because I know I'm not ready for it. Bump me up, remove me, I honestly don't care since I know that I've no chance at even top 16. I'm already not going to play the file anymore anyway.
i don't think you read the rules fully,
as you are still not following them.
in short, do not post your complaints in any threads
and your opinions on the matter of wanting to be moved up because you like the song/feel you would have a better chance may be receiving negative feedback because they are "simply" selfish

whether you knew this or not is not my concern.
but now you do know, or you have the opportunity to at least.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:44 AM   #116
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
i don't think you read the rules fully,
as you are still not following them.
in short, do not post your complaints in any threads
and your opinions on the matter of wanting to be moved up because you like the song/feel you would have a better chance may be receiving negative feedback because they are "simply" selfish

whether you knew this or not is not my concern.
but now you do know, or you have the opportunity to at least.
My reply to you wasn't a "complaint". My response to you said I literally don't care, and don't mind being removed, as I had that as original plan anyway.

As for the negative feedback about being bumped up? I... don't care either? No offense, but with the context of knowing I'll only make it two rounds or so, no one's really made a convincing argument on why I shouldn't try to play the file that's more fun now and get bumped out when I know it's going to happen. Selfish? Maybe, but bluntly put it, I don't care of the community's opinion on me regarding this tournament.

Last edited by Xenorosth; 06-25-2016 at 04:44 AM..
Old 06-25-2016, 04:55 AM   #117
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Then remove yourself. You don't need someone to officially remove you from the dashboard. If you like the file, play it without worrying about the tournament. If you are about the tournament then play your file when get bored. But seriously, quit posting this Oscar Meyer crap. Getting old.

Anyway so, I hope I haven't mind blocked this file already lol

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0
Kanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:11 AM   #118
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
My reply to you wasn't a "complaint". My response to you said I literally don't care, and don't mind being removed, as I had that as original plan anyway.

As for the negative feedback about being bumped up? I... don't care either? No offense, but with the context of knowing I'll only make it two rounds or so, no one's really made a convincing argument on why I shouldn't try to play the file that's more fun now and get bumped out when I know it's going to happen. Selfish? Maybe, but bluntly put it, I don't care of the community's opinion on me regarding this tournament.
Being that you wanted the community to give you a reason to continue playing in this tourney, I think you do care about their opinion towards you.
Also, if you have any issues regarding a tournament, I suggest reading the rules pertaining to it thoroughly next time since you are breaking several of them.
Ignoring such a task happens sometimes, so I do not hold it against you.
I also suggest not ignoring this obligation again so such a conflict can better be avoided in the future.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:21 AM   #119
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

gonna give my thoughts on some difficulties for these files, only D5 or higher though since I suck at looking at lower difficulties

D5: Thinking around 69-70 for this, Most of the difficulty comes from the mid section jacks and ending 24ths and 32nds and the bpm for the minijacks makes them reasonable (bpm is 178 I believe)
Most of the broken jumpstream patterns are also quite smooth as well.

D6: 79 seems like a good rank for this, intro trills are tricky, 24ths are fast (there at ~205bpm) and the jumpstream section adds some difficulty, but other files have longer jumpstreams in this region (love and justice for example) so 79 would put it with files like Azul and Return to Fire which are similar but different in their own ways

D7: Tough file, high NPS as well (15.1)Patterns are ok but the frames on the jacks are especially nasty. Nasty roll transition at around 1900 combo as well. the ending third is considerably easier than the rest of the file though. 89 seems about right, along side files like Stinger and Scrap Syndrome which are similar
Old 06-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #120
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
Being that you wanted the community to give you a reason to continue playing in this tourney, I think you do care about their opinion towards you.
Also, if you have any issues regarding a tournament, I suggest reading the rules pertaining to it thoroughly next time since you are breaking several of them.
Ignoring such a task happens sometimes, so I do not hold it against you.
I also suggest not ignoring this obligation again so such a conflict can better be avoided in the future.
The original topic was that I felt the d3 file was harder than the d4 one. I'm well aware of the rules for the tournament as I've been in three of them, and I follow them, but if someone asks a question, I will answer honestly. What I care about is a reason to keep playing in the tournament. If I gave a damn about how people feel about me on how I treat myself with this tournament, I wouldn't post at all. I wouldn't even address my opinion on the d3/d4 file difficulty in the first place.

And if you really wanted me to stop arguing with you about it stop replying. Directly addressing me prompts a response, and what perhaps could be seen as more violation of rules. If you haven't noticed, I stopped replying to people who simply said "stop bitching" or "remove yourself" for two reasons. Because one, it gets no where, and two, because I've already said I'm not playing the file anymore, and I haven't since my first post on this thread. If you genuinely have issues with my posts, there's a report button. Report my post and have it taken down instead of trying to take matters into your own hands. If you want to address me about the issue off the forums, there is a private message board where you can. Thank you.