Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 11-1-2016, 05:57 AM   #461
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: 2nd Post-Official Team Tournament Extravaganza (Hosted by DDRNGGin and Deadlyx39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
As far as Round 2 results, It's solely about solving the puzzles correctly. Team Egg Salad only had 2 members working on the puzzles, and managed all 21 correct answers. Thus, it would have been completely unfair if they were placed lower in Round 2 just because Team SUCC or Team Mostly Downscroll had nearly their entire team participate, despite having less than 21 correct answers.
I never disputed your round 2 rankings. I was actually really impressed that Egg Salad got it, because I was totally stumped on a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 11-1-2016, 08:31 AM   #462
Ihavenoname248
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 2nd Post-Official Team Tournament Extravaganza (Hosted by DDRNGGin and Deadlyx39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavenoname248 View Post
How will non-submitted scores be affecting this round, if there are any?
Would a player from a lower division be allowed to 'make up cover' the higher division songs, earning a better placement than no entry?
This never got an answer- given the tone of recent discussion, I think it'd be nice to have an answer now, rather than making something up like with round 1.

Dropping the lowest 2 scores from each team (to remove the 'null' scores) would seem to be the fairest way to handle it for that round, rewarding both participation and good play, without excessively punishing teams who had a member vanish on them- in the current state of things, having even one member suddenly disappear could be quite catastrophic for the rest of the team!

.. and yes, I'm aware that my team would then retroactively take round 1 with that method*. That really doesn't factor into what makes it 'fair'. To me, fair would involve rewarding participation and skill without excessively punishing a lack of participation or marginalizing player differences. Though, changing the standings after posting them wouldn't be very fair either. Something to think about going forward. (including round 3!)

*we should have taken round 1 because ruf said he had a 6-0-0-2 Crowdpleaser v2 that was "bad" and didn't screenshot or submit it, and then posted a 9-0-0-0 >_<
Highest BF (66): We Killed The Rave (1-0-0-0)
Highest AAA (66): HELLBEAT

Last edited by Ihavenoname248; 11-1-2016 at 08:31 AM..
Old 11-1-2016, 08:37 AM   #463
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

While I'm aware that it may not be the best for my team, I do think that something should be done to make it fair for the teams who have people who aren't participating. It's sad that some teams are having their members disappear after how difficult it was to get enough people to sign up in the first place.

Last edited by juckter1; 11-1-2016 at 08:37 AM..
Old 11-1-2016, 09:36 AM   #464
Illeriia
FFR Player

You can't really blame them for disappearing after the mess that was all of round one.
Old 11-1-2016, 09:46 AM   #465
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavenoname248 View Post
This never got an answer- given the tone of recent discussion, I think it'd be nice to have an answer now, rather than making something up like with round 1.

Dropping the lowest 2 scores from each team (to remove the 'null' scores) would seem to be the fairest way to handle it for that round, rewarding both participation and good play, without excessively punishing teams who had a member vanish on them- in the current state of things, having even one member suddenly disappear could be quite catastrophic for the rest of the team!

.. and yes, I'm aware that my team would then retroactively take round 1 with that method*. That really doesn't factor into what makes it 'fair'. To me, fair would involve rewarding participation and skill without excessively punishing a lack of participation or marginalizing player differences. Though, changing the standings after posting them wouldn't be very fair either. Something to think about going forward. (including round 3!)

*we should have taken round 1 because ruf said he had a 6-0-0-2 Crowdpleaser v2 that was "bad" and didn't screenshot or submit it, and then posted a 9-0-0-0 >_<
I thought I answered your question regarding Round 3. Anyways, yes, you can cover for some of the other players in your team; however, if the members dropped out, then you need to recruit replacement members to stay in the tournament. Regarding Round 1, the main issue was that it lasted 2 weeks (mainly to get more players interested), so, I was a bit harsh on the standings for that reason.

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)
Old 11-1-2016, 10:17 AM   #466
Ihavenoname248
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I assume that the covering player would have to be from a lower division, as otherwise this round would just be the D7 player "covering" for everyone.
Highest BF (66): We Killed The Rave (1-0-0-0)
Highest AAA (66): HELLBEAT
Old 11-1-2016, 10:24 AM   #467
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

As far as covering for others in the team goes, for D2-D7, they must cover for either the division above, or the division below them. D1 can only cover for D2, and D7 can only cover for D6.

Old 11-1-2016, 01:30 PM   #468
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

2 of 5, working on improving rosen bridge and lawn wake

Old 11-1-2016, 01:43 PM   #469
feelingzwontfade
🥰
FFR Veteran

All of these scores have some level of salt associated with them, but especially Twelve, this was literally the one time i did not PA that last burst

Mid D5 now. At least I like to think so 😊

FMO AAA's- 🐟 (77), 🌞 Time Perfume (74), 🐐🦶 (71), 🪓➡️ (70), 👢 (70), ⏰work[MSI] (70)
FMO Blackflags-🎓 Erlija(75), 👬 & Machines [Redemption](73), Seedy Try (71), Tightwad(71)
Highest SDG - World's Most Wanted Wiener (79) 1-0-1-0
Highest FC - Ketsarku Mozgalom (85) 46-1-0-5

Last edited by feelingzwontfade; 11-1-2016 at 01:44 PM..
Old 11-1-2016, 01:49 PM   #470
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
As far as covering for others in the team goes, for D2-D7, they must cover for either the division above, or the division below them. D1 can only cover for D2, and D7 can only cover for D6.
this is a bad decision to let higher division players submit scores for lower divisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 11-1-2016, 02:49 PM   #471
Jpshadsy
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Jpshadsy

Quote:
this is a bad decision to let higher division players submit scores for lower divisions.
Why?

Tournament List

Old 11-1-2016, 03:03 PM   #472
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpshadsy View Post
Why?
Because then you're forcing the lower division players to compete against a higher division player. The skill difference between divisions is pretty clear.

It does make sense, though, to allow a lower division player "cover" for an absentee one division above, because that gives the team a chance to be fully represented without unfairly burdening other teams.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 11-1-2016, 04:50 PM   #473
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

This round has been cancer.

Old 11-1-2016, 07:22 PM   #474
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Just giving you all the one day advance notice...I will not be hosting the next round (Round 4) as I will take a slight break from hosting at this time. I will try to get the co-host, aka Deadlyx39, to give you your Round 4 challenge (Special Challenge #1) as soon as this Round ends.

Old 11-1-2016, 07:41 PM   #475
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Just giving you all the one day advance notice...I will not be hosting the next round (Round 4) as I will take a slight break from hosting at this time. I will try to get the co-host, aka Deadlyx39, to give you your Round 4 challenge (Special Challenge #1) as soon as this Round ends.
Were you planning on addressing the concerns about Round 1's rankings before the end of this round? You said you were forced to regard three teams as not meeting the "below 55 raw goods" requirement, because "there's no way to know what the absentee's would've scored". If that's the case, then you can surely see where we're coming from in pointing out that Team 3 had full participation and below 55 raw goods.

You said the main focus of that round was full participation of the teams involved, and yet you've persisted in ranking a team with full participation below two teams that did not meet that requirement.

Other players from two other teams have both agreed that nullifying the two lowest scores from every team is a fair way to balance the round, without unnecessarily punishing the teams without full participation. I feel like we've been addressing a wall, and my last post on the topic was ignored entirely. This is ultimately your decision, and we have no choice but to respect your reasoning, but please at least do us the courtesy of sharing your reasoning.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by ShadoWolfe; 11-1-2016 at 07:42 PM..
Old 11-1-2016, 07:58 PM   #476
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

As far as Team 3 goes I may have overlooked the spreadsheet for Round 1 a couple of times...I will try to look at it again just to be sure. If they did have a full team participation, then chances are I may have ranked them regarding before the last submission(s) at the time (Rankings are unlikely to change because of how close it is to the end of Round 3).

Old 11-1-2016, 08:36 PM   #477
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
If they did have a full team participation, then chances are I may have ranked them regarding before the last submission(s) at the time
The 31.7 Raw Goods was a result of counting the full team's submissions, which you've had accurately on your spreadsheet since the end of round one.

Quote:
(Rankings are unlikely to change because of how close it is to the end of Round 3).
Why would this be the case?! You posted the rankings just yesterday, in the middle of Round 3, so it doesn't make sense to refuse to change them simply because one day has passed!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-2-2016, 05:59 AM   #478
Felyx
Cute Pony Supreme
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yep. Here's my towel, I've thrown it in. GG fellas, I officially resign. Team SUCC now has an open D4 slot. Talk to juckter1 about it, as I'm promoting him to team leader.
Old 11-2-2016, 06:29 AM   #479
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

All first plays. Stoked at Happy Meal aaa.

Old 11-2-2016, 04:04 PM   #480
AD4M-V
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

(Dumb mistake of not screenshotting the blackflag of this, thinking the AAA'd be easy.)