Old 09-6-2016, 01:23 PM   #21
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Hacked.

I'm CS so all this IA talk is making my head spin. Do I need to set my account on fire or not?

Old 09-6-2016, 01:32 PM   #22
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I was compromised but I changed all my passwords and made them all stronger so bleh.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Old 09-6-2016, 01:47 PM   #23
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Good thing I've not changed this password since way back when people were randomly logging into eachother's accounts back in like 2014.
I should be fine in other places since I regularly change those passwords every couple months.

Last edited by Lambdadelta; 09-6-2016 at 01:48 PM..
Old 09-6-2016, 01:53 PM   #24
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I'm CS so all this IA talk is making my head spin. Do I need to set my account on fire or not?
Eh I'd consider cryptography part of CS

https://forum.hashkiller.co.uk/topic...spx?t=9971&p=5
(It's just forum with people begging for random leaks I found.. however, from this you can see that I guess people have known about it for a while?)

If you are worried about some chinese gold farmer maybe lol.. as far as I could find, it's a private database (l0l this makes me sound like im trying to find the list of password o_O Mark my words someday I will BECOME ETIENNE), so I don't know if anything would even come of it.

Should be fine tbh, worse leaks have happened to be fair.. I'd say yeah just change your password or w/e.

I'm just curious how it happened and why lol.. I swear, someone probably just tried to steal tons of random vB databases...

By the way, I also saw a website that was saying that of the accounts hacked, 300k~ of the passwords were actually encrypted and the rest were plaintext l0l gg, probably bs.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-6-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Old 09-6-2016, 02:04 PM   #25
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

I did take a cryptography course... with the math department lmao. CS definitely does not go as in-depth as you would expect on the security protocols side of things.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 09-6-2016 at 02:05 PM..
Old 09-6-2016, 02:05 PM   #26
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

if you enter your email and it says pwned twice, is there a way to see what the 2 sites were, or is it just to guess from the list they provide. clicking the 2 times or whatever doesnt show that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 09-6-2016, 02:21 PM   #27
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
if you enter your email and it says pwned twice, is there a way to see what the 2 sites were, or is it just to guess from the list they provide. clicking the 2 times or whatever doesnt show that
it should tell you below with descriptions of the leaks, like so:

Old 09-6-2016, 02:33 PM   #28
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Hard to take seriously a site that describes your information as having been pwned.

So the site tells me my email has been pwned 4 times in the past 8 years, and yet all four sites, that email address was tied to the same username, which it informs me has been pwned 0 times.

So I should panic because they got my email and username, except they've never gotten my username. Seems legit.

Last edited by devonin; 09-6-2016 at 02:37 PM..
Old 09-6-2016, 02:41 PM   #29
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Pwned on here, MySpace, and tumblr, oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 09-6-2016, 02:47 PM   #30
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
it should tell you below with descriptions of the leaks, like so:
oh woops im dumb ok thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 09-6-2016, 03:59 PM   #31
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

my throwaway email got pwned, but similar to devonin, my usernames were not, so meh
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 09-6-2016, 05:13 PM   #32
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I would recommend users to change their passwords to something that is:
1) Reasonably strong. Avoid common dictionary words and try to mix in numbers, symbols, and/or mixed capitalization of letters.
2) A password that is not used anywhere else.
3) Not easily guessed by someone who knows you personally. For example, if your password included something about soccer because you have a personal interest in soccer as a hobby, it can be guessed. This has happened to some friends I know.

Additionally, keep in mind that:
- 61% of the 1.8 million user accounts were already stated to be hacked (i.e. compromised on other sites) in February. One of the easiest ways to have an account compromised is sharing a password amongst different sites that were already breached, so please use different passwords.
- A large majority of that 1.8 million account demographic is inactive and the passwords are probably simple (e.g. dictionary words or "abc123", I have guessed some user account passwords before on this site from being common dictionary words).
- There isn't any evidence from what we know about an attack happening through vbulletin. I did have a talk with Velocity about user security recently and he can chime in here if needed.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-6-2016 at 05:15 PM..
Old 09-6-2016, 06:28 PM   #33
Azpb Djbread
FFR Player

Nooo!!!

Old 09-6-2016, 06:39 PM   #34
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I have guessed some user account passwords before on this site from being common dictionary words
I.. Uhh.. What?

Edit: am I the only one slightly concerned about this comment? You being a "game manager/developer" and having access to the back end? I'll take "things I should have never said given my role here" for $500

Last edited by m0de; 09-6-2016 at 07:06 PM..
Old 09-6-2016, 06:47 PM   #35
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

^ ^

Old 09-6-2016, 06:49 PM   #36
G2Wolf
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to G2Wolf Send a message via AIM to G2Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I would recommend users to change their passwords to something that is:
1) Reasonably strong. Avoid common dictionary words and try to mix in numbers, symbols, and/or mixed capitalization of letters.
2) A password that is not used anywhere else.
3) Not easily guessed by someone who knows you personally. For example, if your password included something about soccer because you have a personal interest in soccer as a hobby, it can be guessed. This has happened to some friends I know.

Additionally, keep in mind that:
- []61% of the 1.8 million user accounts were already stated to be hacked (i.e. compromised on other sites) in February. One of the easiest ways to have an account compromised is sharing a password amongst different sites that were already breached, so please use different passwords.
- A large majority of that 1.8 million account demographic is inactive and the passwords are probably simple (e.g. dictionary words or "abc123", I have guessed some user account passwords before on this site from being common dictionary words).
- There isn't any evidence from what we know about an attack happening through vbulletin. I did have a talk with Velocity about user security recently and he can chime in here if needed.
Just because someone is on their multiple times does not mean they use the same password on each site, or even use weak passwords. Just the shit luck of being signed up to sites with apparently weak security.

Man, gotta love logging into a site for the first time in over 9 years just because of passwords being hacked now.
Old 09-6-2016, 07:02 PM   #37
Coolgamer
Old-School Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Coolgamer Send a message via MSN to Coolgamer Send a message via Skype™ to Coolgamer

I bought this to the attention of admins months ago, when leakedsource.com indicated that my e-mail showed up in records for flashflashrevolution.com. I didn't go public because I didn't want to panic anyone or alert people that might have bad intentions that the data was loose.

Nobody ever got back to me. I don't know if they didn't receive the info or not, but this is nothing new. The data has been circulating for a long time. Leakedsource has a lot of obscure leaks, so I guess the FFR data dump didn't catch the attention of haveibeenpwned until recently. I let them know about the dataleak on May 24th, according to my e-mail.

According to leaked source, the result was: Flashflashrevolution.com has: 1 result(s) found. This data was leaked on approximately 2015-10-09.

So I'm not certain where haveibeenpwned is pulling Feb 2016 from. Maybe the data was leaked twice?

I use Keepass now and have a separate strong password for everything.

http://keepass.info/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
St1cky only proves that he has no life and that his parents are alcoholics. They probably abused him with rubber duckies when he was a baby. Why else would you exploit scores on FFR?

Last edited by Coolgamer; 09-6-2016 at 07:23 PM..
Old 09-6-2016, 07:03 PM   #38
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Bahahahaha, I think I put in the wrong email address when changing something on here because the email I used for it is fine, but after checking, the one presented on my profile is different and was "pwned".

Double score as I don't use that email for anything else.
Old 09-6-2016, 07:08 PM   #39
walao1992
FFR Player

wow looks like i've been PWNED!
Old 09-6-2016, 07:13 PM   #40
Coolgamer
Old-School Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Coolgamer Send a message via MSN to Coolgamer Send a message via Skype™ to Coolgamer

Really, what should happen is admins should force a check to see when passwords were last changed and force people logging in to change them, or just reset everyone's password like was done with other sites.

Ideally, e-mailing everyone about the breach would be nice, but it's likely many accounts have been abandoned by now.

Damage control is critical.

Also, holy hell, I think I'm the longest member on this thread so far. Has it really been since 2003? Almost 13 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
St1cky only proves that he has no life and that his parents are alcoholics. They probably abused him with rubber duckies when he was a baby. Why else would you exploit scores on FFR?

Last edited by Coolgamer; 09-6-2016 at 07:19 PM..
Closed Thread