Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default "Downloading" FFR

How to copy YouTube videos (Although, this method can be used for other things too) for offline viewing/presentation. I know you can download videos with Realplayer, but I'll be talking about those other things in this thread.

So with the release of the game playback thing, I decided (after it is released to the public) to try the method in the video on my recorded games. That way, I could "download" the videos of me playing onto my computer, upload them to Youtube, and not have to use a camera or screen recorder.

Since I'm not a subscriber, I did a test try on Mr. Rubix's video of him getting the Destiny v2 skill token. While looking at my internet files, I saw a file named "siublahblahblah" (I had played Spin It Up recently). So I opened the file with Media Player Classic, (There's a link to download this media player at the video at the top. This media player is what you'll use to play any media file that you download using the instructions in the video.) and I was able to play all the Spin It Up songs from it. I tried the same with FFR1, but I got "Not available" in all the song categories, and I (couldn't) wasn't logged in, which meant no rank, grand total, etc. I was able to download FFR chat, and am able to type and interact with every body.

Now, I realize that you have to be connected to the internet to get on FFR chat, (although, if you use the Media Player Classic to open FFR chat anyways, you can view it full-screen (which is really cool)) but you (at least I don't think so) wouldn't have to be connected to the internet to play Spin It Up. After I finish posting this thread, I will disconnect from my router and test the files I downloaded. I think it would be pretty neat to be able to play games like Spin It Up offline.

Comments or questions about what I found, or did everybody already realize this?

EDIT: Nope, wasn't able to play Spin It Up. Songs showed up as undefined. But you can still have full-screen FFR chat, and have a shortcut on your desktop/whatever to play it or any game as long as your connected to the internet.

I don't think that downloading the playback games will work either. I'm sad now =(

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Last edited by Ice wolf; 11-15-2007 at 08:55 PM..
Ice wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Nightfirecat
...back from the dead.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nightfirecat
Default Re: "Downloading" FFR

Cool... But what do you mean that you 'opened' it with WMP? Windows media player plays media... It doesn't run flash script.

[My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament
Nightfirecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfirecat View Post
Cool... But what do you mean that you 'opened' it with WMP? Windows media player plays media... It doesn't run flash script.
You can't actually play the game with Windows Media Player. For example, you can't get on FFR chat with Windows Media Player, but you can with Media Player Classic.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
chunky_cheese
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You CAN theoretically download your replay videos, I saw the song file, the actual video (Most likely the script for the step playback) whatever widget he's written over, and other scripts linking them. If you were to open your swf for the song, and use a swf to fla converter, you could then manually throw in your steps from the step script, but that sounds sorta illegal to me because you could just grab the mp3 from the fla. (Don't do it, it's called theft)

I'm sure there's an easier way but let's all wait for Synthlight to let us download the videos, I noticed downscroll today too , YAY!
chunky_cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunky_cheese View Post
You CAN theoretically download your replay videos, I saw the song file, the actual video (Most likely the script for the step playback) whatever widget he's written over, and other scripts linking them. If you were to open your swf for the song, and use a swf to fla converter, you could then manually throw in your steps from the step script, but that sounds sorta illegal to me because you could just grab the mp3 from the fla. (Don't do it, it's called theft)
Ya, thought about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunky_cheese View Post
I'm sure there's an easier way but let's all wait for Synthlight to let us download the videos, I noticed downscroll today too , YAY!
YAY!!!

Last edited by Ice wolf; 04-8-2008 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
chunky_cheese
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Basically three files I found important:

- t-ffrreplay[1].htm (What keys you hit, on what frame, and which key you hit)

- ffrReplay[1].swf (The replay engine)

- level_###[1].swf (The actual level, with the steps, song, and that little lovable "Ready!" screen.

I don't own flash, nor do I have an swf - fla converter, but I'm sure that if any Joeblow Macdonald opened this stuff up, they could easily fake a video. (So in the future, if links to videos are ever released, CHECK THE URL :O)

Last edited by chunky_cheese; 11-15-2007 at 10:01 PM..
chunky_cheese is offline   Reply With Quote