Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-7-2005, 07:54 PM   #181
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Is it a tie now? Somebody post a voting guide, please.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-7-2005, 07:55 PM   #182
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I looked back over chardish's posts to see what all this buzz was about. His attack on alain seemed kinda... wolfy, now that I think over it. Later on, he ignored the main part of the thread and jumped on the math, when it was already well-covered. It seems kind of odd. I don't want to see alain go on a 50-50 split. I'm flipping over to Chardish.

EDIT: I believe it is now 4 alain, 6 Chardish.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 01-7-2005, 07:57 PM   #183
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Eh, I changed my mind at the last minute. I'm still pondering over the alain thing. So for now, alainbryden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-7-2005, 07:58 PM   #184
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Wow, looks like everybody was suspicious of Chardish but were just afraid of a senior player (as Afro said he was).

Sorry if you're human, Chardish, for starting this whole thing.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 01-7-2005, 08:00 PM   #185
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Stop Drop and Di: Unlock it, but edit your post to tell everybody to say nothing.
Old 01-7-2005, 08:32 PM   #186
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Sorry for the delay. I had a last-minute vote from a person who shall remain nameless to change that person's vote. However, that person did not specify who to change to, nor did they post their vote change on the board. Therefore, the vote is null, and I post the story.

------------

12:30am.

"Have we all come to a decision?" asks Nforcer.

"The votes are scattered, but the majority of them focus on Chardish," answers Kilga.

Kefit motions to the guard outside their building that they have made their decision.

"So, this is our first wolf in sheep's clothing, eh? The commander requested the first choice be sent in for a little... 'experiment'..." The guard ties Chardish's hands behind his back and leads him away.

"One down, three to go, eh?" asks Tsuteto. "This is easier than I thought it would be!"

"Since we have some free time, we should finally start exploring this place to see what we can find to protect ourselves from the agents while we're here. Since the lights are on now, we should be safe even if we are alone," suggests Lupin.

"That's a good idea. Maybe this is an old stockroom used a long time ago that hasn't yet been cleaned out. I suggest we form small groups just to be safe. Maybe... groups of four? What are the odds that all three agents would be together with the other person, anyway?" Afro adds to the conversation.

The group of 16 that remains breaks into 4 groups to explore the surroundings.

It is now Night 2. I'll be needing PMs from you (if you're alive), Guardian and Agents.

Oh, and just because the people in the story assume they've gotten an agent, it does not imply that they actually did. Remember; the story isn't ever going to give away information like that.

~Squeek

PS - Cypher, you now have +1 Phantom vote.
Old 01-7-2005, 11:03 PM   #187
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

12:45

The groups of four had a large task ahead of them to explore the building completely and search for any useful items within it. The building was littered with empty boxes and heaps of trash that had been neglected for years.

"Do you think we'll EVER find something useful within all this crap?" asks Afrobean.

"I don't know, but it's not like we have anything better to do until we all decide on a vote later," replies Blah.

"So, do you really think Chardish was an agent?"

"I don't know what to tell you. There's no way to be sure, but I certainly hope he was, for our sake."

The conversations are relatively the same amongst every group searching for something... ANYTHING they can use.

"I swear, this is like looking for a needle in a haystack without actually knowing if there's a needle to begin with," complains evilbutterfly to nobody in particular.

As he goes to wipe his brow, he hears what sounds like four extremely loud pops, and looks up to see a large square of the floor above him come crashing down upon him. He barely has time to scream before a shadow comes from nowhere and quickly takes him ten feet outside the area of the incidence. The stone block smashes through the pile of trash he was searching through.

"Wh-what the heck was that?!" stutters evilbutterfly, stunned by his near-death experience. His group members rush to his side from the other side of the room to ensure his safety. All of the others come rushing into his room to investigate the matter.

"Come up here and check this out!" shouts Tsuteto. "There's obviously some foul play at work here!"

Sure enough, upon examining the massive hole in the floor above the spot evilbutterfly was searching, four explosives had been set in a square to drop out the floor right on top of him without giving him time to react.

"So, if their plan to assassinate evilbutterfly was so perfect, what happened?" inquires M-A-C.

"It must have been Seraph" answers Jursey. "I can't believe he actually managed to help us out already!"

After making sure that evilbutterfly was alright, the group decides it is a fine time to make another vote.

------------

It is now Day 2. Here are your voting options.

Afrobean
Alainbryden
blahblah18
CypherToorima
evilbutterfly
flypie743
Kefit
Kilgamayan
lightdarkness
JurseyRider734
Lupin_the_3rd
M-A-C
nforcer06164
Tps222
Tsuteto
whorlichan

Day 2 lasts 45 hours because nobody is going to want to be up at one in the morning on a school night. At 10:00pm EST FFR time Sunday night, voting ends. If all goes well, the entire game will be like this time schedule. Note that the FFR time is about 10 minutes slower than the official time as stated by the U.S. government's site and Microsoft's time.

~Squeek
Old 01-7-2005, 11:10 PM   #188
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

mastr414: and I'll share this with you
mastr414: as a sign of good faith... ok?
Jay: ok
mastr414: i know i'm being guarded tonight
Jay: =O
mastr414: which is why i felt confident posting as i did
Jay: So you are in contact with the guardian?
mastr414: yeah

mastr414 = BlahBlah

I have no clue what to make of this.
Old 01-7-2005, 11:23 PM   #189
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Wow. I got chills when I read that. I didn't really expect to be the target for a wolfing OR a guardianing. Thanks to whoever saved my ass .

I think this pretty much assures us that Chardish was a wolf. I started the vote against him, I got attacked. Anybody else sense a connection? Hopefully what we did was right, now let's keep up the good work.

Oh, and masons would do well to contact me, since I'm about the only trustable person now. I expect I'll be getting a lot of IMs and PMs now...

Old 01-7-2005, 11:38 PM   #190
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Right. Anyways...i was talking with Afrobean earlier today and before I changed my vote to alain I said "well I didn't vote for alain" and he says "good". Also, he was yelling at me for posting alain's convo with me. Therefore I vote for Afrobean because I suspect he is buddied up with alain as a possible agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-7-2005, 11:44 PM   #191
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I told you people already, I have better stuff to do than to sit around here and make a lot of useless posts just so I look more active. I already pointed out that I'm drawing suspicion to myself by being quiet, and I figured by remaining quiet I would indicate that I really didn't give a damn because I'm not changing how I spend my time off from work just because of this game.

Instead, I got enough work in on Megaman X Command Mission that I've now beaten the final hidden boss (without the Stealth Mode Bait trick either, for those of you who've played it and know who/what I'm talking about). That was definitely a lot more gratifying than anything I could've done in here. :>

Anyway, I really hope you're not so naive as to believe you being targeted for a killing automatically means Chardish was a wolf, Eee Bee. It smacks way too much of setup, even more so than alain's spotlight jig on Day 1.

Not enough new information has come up to either remove my old suspicions or generate stronger new ones. Thus, I'm going to stick with voting for alainbryden for now.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-8-2005, 12:34 AM   #192
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ld, I think I know what to make of that. If blah thinks you're a wolf, he would have told you he was being guardianed that night, baisically giving the guardian a free pass to guard someone else, which he did. How lucky was that. This does put incriminating evidence on you, but it's just as possible that the wolves suspected from their own good reason that blah would be guarded and went for another valuable player which evilbutterfly seems to be. I for one am glad to have my trust in evilbutterfly fully confirmed. I will revert to my next suspicion after chardish which was whorlican, who posted much in the same fashion as Chardish, except said even less about her reasons and never made any kind of input or changeover after that.

And Jursey, I am pretty confident, as I said before, that Afrobean is a human, because I know his behaviour and what he can and can't pull off fairly well from last game. I also beleive that he trusts me, and I've already expressed my distress at your posting my conversation with you. He was likely taking it upon himself to communicate some of that to you. I suggest you reevaluate your reasons for voting him, because I'm sure you would find them quite invalid as I, and hopefully others, do.

Kilga, I have nothing to say about your vote. It has as much substance as it did day one.
Old 01-8-2005, 08:30 AM   #193
M-A-C
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
mastr414: and I'll share this with you
mastr414: as a sign of good faith... ok?
Jay: ok
mastr414: i know i'm being guarded tonight
Jay: =O
mastr414: which is why i felt confident posting as i did
Jay: So you are in contact with the guardian?
mastr414: yeah

mastr414 = BlahBlah

I have no clue what to make of this.
Same here LD. If Blah really is going to be guarded tonight good for him. I think that he's just bluffing, he could have been saying that just to throw you off.
Old 01-8-2005, 08:32 AM   #194
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Last night, I was talking to blah (after I posted that) and he changed his story like twice.

First it was that he just said that so he would be guarded, then magically he said he did know the guardian, and they had planned it together.

I don't wanna vote now, bceause I just woke up after 4 hours of sleep, and have no clue wahts going on.
Old 01-8-2005, 08:37 AM   #195
M-A-C
FFR Player

You can tell he's trying to make up a story. He sounds like me when I go to the priceipal's office. Well, anyway I just woke up 5 min. ago. No votes for me yet.
Old 01-8-2005, 08:50 AM   #196
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164
Default Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
Ld, I think I know what to make of that. If blah thinks you're a wolf, he would have told you he was being guardianed that night, baisically giving the guardian a free pass to guard someone else, which he did. How lucky was that. This does put incriminating evidence on you, but it's just as possible that the wolves suspected from their own good reason that blah would be guarded and went for another valuable player which evilbutterfly seems to be.
No, alain. blah told me the EXACT same thing. I didn't save the conversation... sorry, it's not a habit of mine... but he did tell me he was going to be guarded last night. Imagine my shock when I saw that not only was evilbutterfly guarded, but LD was told the same thing. So we either have a phony guardian or a tricky wolf on our hands here.

I'm glad I can rule out evilbutterfly as an agent now, but now that nothing matches up after that night, there's nothing for me to go on yet.

Quote:
Old 01-8-2005, 08:54 AM   #197
M-A-C
FFR Player

So he told you the exact same thing. This must be a tricky way of trying to tell everyone he's a human. Or what he could be doing is Im'ing anyone he thinks is a wolf, just to tell him he's going to get guarded that night. Mabey this is a strange stratagy so he doesn't get lynched.
Old 01-8-2005, 08:58 AM   #198
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Blah told me the same thing, also. Apparently he was not gaurded =/

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 01-8-2005, 09:15 AM   #199
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

My thoughts were that he was trying to deter agents from voting for him, with them thinking he was going to be guarded. Even though he told me he did not think I was an agent, me, LD, and Flypie were all told the same thing. If he thinks we're wolves, he could be lying to all of us. Whether he thought that Chardish was a genuine agent or not, things could get pretty tricky for him if someone else comes forward with evidence that they were told the same thing as the three of us.

Quote:
Old 01-8-2005, 09:17 AM   #200
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

okok here I am.. I believe I told 7 people. This was a plan the whole time. Its very similar to what alain posted basically and was what the gist of what MAC. Basically the guardian (whom shall remain nameless, by me at least, for obviosu reasons) came to me, and we decided of a plan. At first the plan was going to tell a couple people, the top candidates for wolves about who was being guarded, and then seeing if based on the kill we could determine who the wolves were. But we decided that would only add to suspicions of everyone we thought suspicious and not narrow down the field, so instead we decided to tell tons of people that i would be guarded, and assumed that that owuld be enough protection that i actually wouldn't be guarded tonight, and instead have it go to the next most likely person, which based on the votes, and being a person with little suspicion on him, was EB. So that was that, and that's what happened.

Closed Thread