Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #81
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor
Default Re: Keyboardsmash Phase I: Legacy [RELEASED]

god what a fucking mess this pack turned out to be lmao. like i'm glad it finally came out but i guess we all get what we deserved for trusting a rebarf project to not be poorly managed. I'll run through what's here today

ps the swifty is the only halfway decent thing i've made in like a year and a half
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #82
Izzy
Snek

So this finally happened? I was wondering about this a couple months ago.

I guess I'll host it on smo and put up a link here when I get off work.

Edit: Looks like someone already did it.

http://stepmaniaonline.net/downloads...I%20Legacy.zip
http://stepmaniaonline.net/downloads...NO%20VIDEO.zip

Last edited by Izzy; 08-19-2015 at 04:39 PM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #83
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

My Time to shine

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #84
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

i wrote a bunch of reviews but lost them so here's some short shit

files i enjoyed:
Fallin Love
Ham Jam Motherfucker
Scylaxx's two files that aren't Insane Techniques (no offense to that one just I'm sick of the fucking song)
Pat Du's Magic
Marill
shoutouts aaron for My Time
yeah mike ok fine i'll give you credit for making the v rare good vsnares file just don't step him anymore pls
ra'am was fun
blurk file hella
seventeen rips
Divine Comedy Reverse also rules if only because sweet christ someone stepped World's End Girlfriend (you got a bit off sync at times but it's forgivable)
Twirl was one of my favorites here

other than that most of this was passable at best. i'm kinda surprised lmfao. i ain't gonna point any fingers or name any names but there were a huge chunk of files in here that wouldn't have even been good enough for the seasonal FFR Community packs. There was one in particular I'd go so far as to say was so bad I don't even think they'd put it in an HSMP. Some of y'all gotta work on drum layering and jump placement like real, reallll bad
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #85
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

FOLLOWING MY REVIEW

spinal fluid explosion girl (wayward vagabond) first of all stepping the vocaloid version would have been a plus because the way the software was originally used gave out very interesting sonorities to tap but whatever
the file in my opinion was : very very savorless, it felt like you wanted to rush it by stepping it in less than an hour and I played the result.
You basically just put notes on anything that was part of the lyrics and pulled out a jump/an additional note for every beat that came in = and this sums up approximatively 90% of what you did. It felt like it was some generic file from the keyboard collaboration era and your style was so damn rigid I couldn't get much feedback from hitting your notes.
There was a lot of room for embellishment and there were a lot of nuances you could emphasize that would have made your file a lot richer but you didn't and that's a true enigma for me.

maybe that minimalism is the way you make files but I found that file really hard to enjoy because of how many things I noticed and you didn't fully exploit.

story 2 (rogdor) not really a fan of rap simfiles but your step at least felt perfectly relevant and that last simili-dodgeball part was quite amusing to play so good job but not really my type personnally

the divine comedy reverse (james may) THIS IS A VERY GOOD SIMFILE and you should step more world end's girlfriend because you know how to give to your sim a good contrast, that use of mines was really wise and despite some objections I have (like, these 32nd patterns?? were they really necessary) everything you put just felt right on time. This is a very concise approach and that's really pleasant to play

I'll probably play the remaining files later

Last edited by ScylaX; 08-21-2015 at 08:06 AM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #86
Leo137
FFR Player

spinal fluid explosion girl vocaloid version is present on SMOC8 and yolomania 3 by the way

i also thought that version was somewhat off
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:40 PM   #87
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
the divine comedy reverse (james may) THIS IS A VERY GOOD SIMFILE and you should step more world end's girlfriend because you know how to give to your sim a good contrast, that use of mines was really wise and despite some objections I have (like, these 32nd patterns?? were they really necessary) everything you put just felt right on time. This is a very concise approach and that's really pleasant to play
<3 The 32nds if you mean like the rolls then yes, originally the 32nd rolls were suppose to be 48ths but did it in 32nds for moderation, I am working on another WEG song though~ I ain't gonna say which song though~

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
files i enjoyed:
Ham Jam Motherfucker
Divine Comedy Reverse also rules if only because sweet christ someone stepped World's End Girlfriend (you got a bit off sync at times but it's forgivable)
Ham Jam indeed~ Also, might step another Chipfunk song if I'm not so damn lazy :U Also indeed, my nitpicking for sync may have gotten the ending a tad off sync x.x

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #88
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
files i enjoyed:
seventeen rips
Wait what. I thought everyone disliked this file.
dashoe93 is offline   Reply With Quote