Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #41
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: Summer of Anime KB Mix (Submissions open)

general lua script, yeah lol

the file is lookin hilarious now, i'll get up a preview sometime later tonight maybe

this is the song though....gonna use that video lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 07-11-2014 at 12:54 PM..
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #42
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

double post because lol this

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #43
xanox100
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post

that is the funniest shit ive seen in a simfile xD
You should submit it haha, also a normal version everyone can play haha
Great job!
xanox100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #44
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

Quote:

I will FC that
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #45
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

i'll submit it when its finished lol

Quote:
Old 07-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #46
xanox100
FFR Player

I'm sending out the file batch tonight, judges be sure to check your inbox.
Give good criticism and tell us what we need to improve, Jousway I'll send you all the songs except yours. Thanks guys!
Old 07-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #47
Jousway
FFR Player

Quote:

I'm crying, A+ file, insta pass

only thing I would have done diffrent is when its so small, and the letters fade to blue, I would let the noteboard fade in to normal size again, and when the letters become transparent again, fade out the noteboard, and then let it upscale like you have instead of keeping it small on top of the blue letter the entire time

Last edited by Jousway; 07-13-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #48
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousway View Post
I'm crying, A+ file, insta pass

only thing I would have done diffrent is when its so small, and the letters fade to blue, I would let the noteboard fade in to normal size again, and when the letters become transparent again, fade out the noteboard, and then let it upscale like you have instead of keeping it small on top of the blue letter the entire time
when you say noteboard, you mean receptors right? because i was doing most of the stuff there as a test of the LUA - i'll be scripting mods in as well

p.s. video quality is really bad; the notes are readable it's just hillarious that you have to lean in

Quote:
Old 07-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #49
James May
FFR Player

Got batch, will post up reviews in a bit.

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #50
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

you are banned from stepmania
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #51
James May
FFR Player

Time signatures will be in seconds.

Believe In Yourself (Ironsheep)
Heavy - Accept with fixes
Not a bad chart, but I do have minor complaints about it:
Intro: I liked how you used the holds for the vocal here and the tap notes to accentuate the piano. Different from how I would have approached this.
6.161: Doesn't need to be a hand. A 34 jump would have been sufficient. Also, if you keep it as a hand, the 8th on 5.985 and the 16th on 6.073 should be jumps to show the emphasis on said hand.
6.863 to 10.899 - The 4ths could use a jump (hand from 8.968 to 10.899) to emphasize the kick.
33.359 to 33.885 - same as what I mentioned @ 6.161. The hands are unwarranted here, would suffice better as jumps IMO.
35.289 (and other instances): Why the minifreezes here and not on the other hands that pull up the same emphasis on the riffs? Repeats on several other ocassions. If you're going to have minifreezes on the hands then use it on all the other hands that shows that same emphasis on the guitar riffs. Consistency issues.
53.713 to 53.889: Same as I mentioned @ 6.161.
67.224 to 67.751: If you're following the guitar along with the drum, you're missing an 8th on 67.751, you could remove 1 note from 67.224 to 67.575 and replace that with a mine each and then place a mine on said missing spot.
72.839 to 73.190: missing 16th jumps here (on 72.927 and 73.102), remove the [3] on the [123] hand (73.190) and place that on [4] to make it a [124] hand or remove the [23] and make it simply a [14] jump to complete the [14][23] jump trill.
73.541 to 78.630: I suppose the hands make sense but jumps are better suited for this tbh.
82.315 to 83.367: That random quad at the end. Remove it and just have it a jump -> hand transition please. It's really not needed to be hands all the way until THAT QUAD.
84.069: Extend the tail to 84.771.
Other than that, nice job on the chart.

Beginner - Pending
Lmao, I don't think a dump is needed here. But I'll leave that up to Xanox and Jous. But yeah, best save that for whenever Wafles and Skwidward do another Yolodumps imho...

Choose Me Darling (Xanox)
Heavy - Accept
Well, this is actually quite fun to play. Not much to complain about. I'll edit this with a few suggestions on what to fix but nice job.

Oni - Pending
This chart is also fun to play but I just feel like this is too similar to Heavy with a few minor instances. To be honest, you could scrap the Heavy chart and keep this or you can layer the bongos that is going on in the background to make it a slightly more difficult chart, cut off a few freezes and then you'll have two charts that stand out.

City of Traitors (owenviau1)
*please cut this song...Also, I don't think this is in any anime unless its a remix from one that I haven't heard from before...*
Oni - Rejected
Yeah...no. The 24ths go to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I get that you're trying to create a challenging dump file (not sure if that's a term lmao) but a transition like 37.732 to 38.532 is a huge no from me. You can remove this chart and keep it as a separate file to send it to yolodumps 2 (whenever wafles decide to make another one). Also, this song really needs a cut.

Heavy - Rejected
This chart has a lot of potential but there are several missing jumps, opportunities where you could have made lots of variety to the layering to not make it bland, etc. etc. PM me if you want to have a detailed review of the chart.

Other Charts - Rejected
Yeah...I don't think a song that's 5+ mins would be fun to play with easier difficulties since it does make it feel rather bland. Like I mentioned on Heavy, PM me if you want a more detailed review.

Dreamer (Xanox)
*I think the offset is a bit early...should be adjusted by 0.015 ms from my end, using time signatures from the offset you have*
Nice file, just a few things to note:
Intro: Missing a flam. Should be a 24th on [4] and a 48th on [3] since there's piano notes accencuated there. Also, the minifreezes are a bit unwarranted imho.
60.514 to 61.407: Mines are a nice addition here, but at least make it sync to the vocals lmao. But still, nice add-on~
62.478 to 62.835: Lol that 24th pattern, change it to a roll at least to make it friendly because its not fun to hit it x:
Other than that, just check for jump placements since I heard a few here and there that needed to have jumps or notes added. Other than that, good job.

Dried Up Youthful Flame (h08)
*File is late by a few ms (around 0.04-ish) adjust the offset.*

Oni - Pending
I need to play this a bit more to review this exactly. Feels like a korean animu file...anyhow:
- Cut the holds, I don't mean remove it but shorten it to like 1/4th of the length that you have currently feels too congested for how it is.

IGNITE (Xanox)
*music file is not loading up on my comp properly, think you can fix that up and PM it to me?*

Niji no Kakera (Ironsheep)
Heavy - Accepted
Nice fun easy file to play. Nothing to really complain about. Nice job.

Beginner - Rejected
Nope. Not a fun dump to play >_> Though save it for a dump pack. I'm sure there are people who will like to play dump anime files but I don't think that this is the right pack to send dumps to...

Himitsu no Tobira kara Ai ni Kite (Skwidward)
Oni - Accepted
Oh god lmfao. Classic Skwidward file. Though I feel like THOSE QUADS AFTER THE JUMPTRILL (You know what I'm talking about Skwidward) AREN'T NEEDED AT ALL. Anyhow, the file is fun, albeit slightly dumpish (but not too much where it veers off to kaiten-tier dump) and it is technically correct as is. The 192nds are a nice touch but I would have changed it to mines if I handled it heh.

Oracion (Jousway)
Oni - Accepted
Not bad, nice easy file to play. Though I would have added a bit more freezes to this. Otherthan that, I have nothing much to add onto here, its good for what it offers.

Owaranai Melody wo Utaidashimashita (Jousway)
*What a mouthful to say @_@*
Oni - Pending
It's a good file, just that the 1st half is well, a drag to play and personally I would have added freezes on the piano to have the emphasis whenever the vocal comes kicking in. Also, I think in certain parts of the JS in the second half there should have been jacks instead of stream since the sound repeats itself. I'll play through it again and look at the editor to double check that.

PHOSPHOR (Skwidward)
*Please cut the mp3 if you're going to end the file halfway through the song...*
Oni - Accepted
Fun file, very skwidward-like file. The amount of hands are sufficient enough with the amount of jumps there are. Maybe make an easier chart? That's all I have to say about it.

I'll review the others in a few more hours. Need to do stuff.

Last edited by James May; 07-14-2014 at 08:50 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #52
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Skwidward
lmao
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #53
Skwid1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Skwid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Himitsu no Tobira kara Ai ni Kite (Skwidward)
Oni - Accepted
Oh god lmfao. Classic Skwidward file. Though I feel like THOSE QUADS AFTER THE JUMPTRILL (You know what I'm talking about Skwidward) AREN'T NEEDED AT ALL. Anyhow, the file is fun, albeit slightly dumpish (but not too much where it veers off to kaiten-tier dump) and it is technically correct as is. The 192nds are a nice touch but I would have changed it to mines if I handled it heh.

PHOSPHOR (Skwidward)
*Please cut the mp3 if you're going to end the file halfway through the song...*
Oni - Accepted
Fun file, very skwidward-like file. The amount of hands are sufficient enough with the amount of jumps there are. Maybe make an easier chart? That's all I have to say about it.
i'll grab TV size versions of the songs. i was lazy and had the full versions on hand when i began stepping. i just wanted to see if my files would be accepted first. i'll send both files with fixed mp3 and i'll change the quads. i wasn't dead-set on keeping those in there anyway. i would also argue that there really isn't anything dumpy about Himitsu no Tobira karabsfgdodfgm though. it's just pretty heavily layered at some points + minijacks.

i won't make any promises, but i'll try to find time to make an easier chart for both files. i would also be okay with it if one of you guys wanted to make an easier chart or something idk.
Skwid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #54
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwid1 View Post
i'll grab TV size versions of the songs. i was lazy and had the full versions on hand when i began stepping. i just wanted to see if my files would be accepted first. i'll send both files with fixed mp3 and i'll change the quads. i wasn't dead-set on keeping those in there anyway. i would also argue that there really isn't anything dumpy about Himitsu no Tobira karabsfgdodfgm though. it's just pretty heavily layered at some points + minijacks.

i won't make any promises, but i'll try to find time to make an easier chart for both files. i would also be okay with it if one of you guys wanted to make an easier chart or something idk.
True enough.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #55
xanox100
FFR Player

Quote:

Actually I went ahead and told jousway to make those for you, I'll send you them when hes done and you just edit your chart.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:05 AM   #56
Skwid1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Skwid1

oh okay. thanks. it doesn't take very long to do, but for some reason i'm just super lazy and keep forgetting to do it. as yolomania3 submissions wrap up, i'll have time to chart some more songs for this pack, so expect a couple more charts from me soon.

also, i see that Jousway is a judge as well. is he posting reviews separately, or are his opinions reflected in James' post? just wondering so that i know at what point my files are officially accepted/rejected. sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
Skwid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #57
xanox100
FFR Player

Quote:
oh okay. thanks. it doesn't take very long to do, but for some reason i'm just super lazy and keep forgetting to do it. as yolomania3 submissions wrap up, i'll have time to chart some more songs for this pack, so expect a couple more charts from me soon.

also, i see that Jousway is a judge as well. is he posting reviews separately, or are his opinions reflected in James' post? just wondering so that i know at what point my files are officially accepted/rejected. sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
Pass/fail is sort of a critique, it doesnt necessarily mean its failed, just needs to be improved upon before release.
Also jousway is working on his reviews as he is judging another pack as well.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #58
James May
FFR Player

IGNITE (Xanox)
Remove the .ogg from the folder heh.
Alright, so the offset is slightly off (early by like .04 ms), fix that if you can. Anyhow, a few things right off the bat:

From 12.456 to 16.667: You're missing freezes on 12.456, 12.544, 12.362 (the freeze being on the [4] on the [124] hand), 13.158, 16.316, 16.491 and 16.667 since you're layering the violin as holds. Consistency issues here.
From 18.246 to 29.474: Now, this is a suggestion. I feel like you could have layered the riffs as mines to flare up the part a bit. Feels a bit too empty and zzz if you left it as is. Again, this is a suggestion. You could also just layer the riffs as roll freezes if you want to take that path.
From 29.474 to 37.544: I kind of wished that you layered the 16ths on this particular section.
35.702: Ghost 16th. Even if you're layering the guitar there is no 16th on that spot.
37.368: Missing freeze on here. Make it a [14] jump with the freeze on the [1], extending it to the 4th jump that's on 37.544
38.421: Freeze here.
39.474: ^
From 40.175 to 40.702: I would have layered the drums on this section but for what it is, it's fine by me.
65.877: Remove the freeze that's on 65.789, change the hand that's on 65.965 (make it a [134] hand) and add a 16th here as there is drums here to accentuate it.
66.579: Ghost 16th
67.281: Missing 16th
From 68.772 to 68.860: Should be a 32nd flam here. 234 patterned. the [3] being on the 32nd and the [4] on the 16th
69.386: 16th is barely audible to warrant its place.
From 69.825 to 70.175: 24ths are heard here to accentuate the violins. My suggestion is to layer that part as mines to show the alternative representation of that instrument so that it wouldn't clutter the chart.
From 74.035 to 74.386: Layer 16ths on this section here.
From 76.491 to 77.193: 16ths here as well mang.
77.807: 16th here.
77.982: ^
From 79.123 to 79.79.649: 16th to accentuate the drums.
Rest of the file: There's missing 16ths throughout that you can layer.
From 87.193 to end of file: Hands here to accentuate it. And this part is off. It should be (starting from 87.193): [124][123][234][124][123][134][234]

Other than that, good job. Just fix up those issues and it'll be good to go.

S.L.M. (Xanox)
I see a lot of the same problem that there is with your files. Pretty much there's actually lots of missing drum beats that you often layer in one part but then ignore it for most of the song. If you're going to layer the drums then layer them consistently. Also, I like the touches on the minifreezes to emphasize a certain instrument and not make it look like clutter. Just fix up the drums and you're good to go.

Study x Study (Xanox)
Offset should be 0.289, file is significantly offsync with the current offset that you have. Fix that please.
Oni - Pending
Kind of torn on this file. Most that I can say is to fix the offset and to add the freezes in the beginning that is missing. I'll check on the sm editor (since for some odd reason ddream likes to screw up the sync on files that has stops). I'll go through this again when I'm free.

Tokohana (Jousway)
Oni - Accept
For what the song offers you did pretty well with this. Although I would have probably layered this a bit more than what you did at the start but the ending is how I would have tackled it hue. Anyhow, nice job on this Jous.

Won('3')Chu KissMe! (Leo)
Beginner - Accept
Best submission so far in this batch. Nothing to really complain on, just comb through the file for any mistakes.

Choose Me Darling
Oni - Accept
On a second thought, sure. But make it so that it doesn't look too identical to heavy.

Dried Up Youthful Flame (L.C.W.)
Oni - Rejected
After playing through this, I don't see this being in as it is. If you want a more detailed review I can PM it to you. I see much errors in here in terms of consistency.

Believe in Yourself (Ironsheep)
Beginner - Rejected
Yeah...just noticed that there was a no dumps rule. Sorry :/

Owaranai Melody wo Utaidashimashita (Jousway)
Oni - Accepted
Now that I think about it, I can take it as it is. You can make a slightly harder chart for it though if you want to.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #59
James May
FFR Player

any updates on submissions?

Old 07-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #60
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

waiting on file to be finished for the mods to be worked on lol

Quote: