Old 05-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #1581
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

though i guess completely ignoring mechanics in thread throws up red flags and i'm just being stupid and paranoid
Old 05-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #1582
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Shado scum
Daikyi town
Raeko scum
inDheart town
Gradiant town
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
why would shado be tunneling bussing me the whole game...?

idk I just don't see this pairing, obviously but I don't see why someone else would see it either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
What ? It's not a pairing.
Quote:
oh ok, ignore me rofl
I really should've been here eod while on video call with mom, this is just bad.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:33 PM   #1583
Gradiant

that reaction there paired with how she reacted to people thinking roundbox slipped and roundbox's switch onto ffa after mml's claim
Old 05-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #1584
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
This is standing out to me so idk. Otherwise, my thoughts on yoshl are purely tinfoiling. Shado, do you believe then that mellon is capable of coaching haku through a fake cop claim and also letting antori do a fake claim of his own?
I don't think mellon masterminded those fake claims.
I said it yesterday that I thought that antori/raeko/Haku isn't likely because there's no one mechanically adept. I discarded that mostly because I think Haku would be able to focus on the mechanics (he spends hours tinfoiling mechanics in his town games and his results are often sound) and come up with those fake claims on his own. Plus discussing it with two partners makes it likely they'd figure it out. Setup isn't rocket science and they're all smart people. After thinking about it I started to agree with daikyi that it isn't smart to underestimate people (although daikyi is the last person I ever would've expected to hear that from)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #1585
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

On her own, raeko is by far the likeliest scum. Counting for partners she's even more likely to be scum. I don't think the reasoning that "lol but they wouldn't be able to figure it out" trumps any of that.

Plus, I think this "let's go UTR and hope they focus on each other" tactic is something she's done before successfully, so I can see her trying to play it out that way

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-14-2019, 06:49 PM   #1586
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Suffice it to say I'd rather lynch her and lose to either of you than lynch either of you and lose to tinfoil and UTR strats

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #1587
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
i dont really have much else to say, so as soon as yall say that youre ready, im pretty much ready
I'm pretty much good now
Old 05-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #1588
Daikyi
FFR Player

haku
Old 05-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #1589
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Hakulyte

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2019, 08:42 PM   #1590
mellon_collie
FFR Player

OK so final thoughts before you guys fucking insta cause I haven't even been at my PC since I made that post? There's a difference between UTR and being busy as hell. I've been busy as hell, sorry for last phase but not really this one cause I'm still here and attempting to play

Just in case I get ninja'd I'm writing something really fast but I will expand if I have time
Old 05-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #1591
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

unvote take your time

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #1592
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
unvote take your time
yay thank you
Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #1593
the sun fan
FFR Player

votecount:
Haku (1)- Daikyi
unvote- Gradiant, Shado

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:23 PM   #1594
mellon_collie
FFR Player

shado pushing me all game I would normally find shady as hell from him but I think he really believes it this time. I think he's picked up on a lot of things that he considers to be true tells from me, and he's put work into finding quotes/posts. it's not the lazy sort of push I've seen from him faking pushes on me in the past.

The only thing I don't like about it is his hyper-focus, especially now when he said he doesn't even care if he loses the game he just wants to kill me. That could be the over-confident tone I caught earlier in the game. But generally I think he looks pretty good, I think it would be a really ballsy play for a wolf to just keep going after the same mislynch over and over for the entire game. I think he really believes it

Gradiant I think looks decent as well. I remember mind-melding with him earlier in the game and since then I think his mindset looks towny still. He was really gung-ho about lynching Antori and had him on his wolf list and was asking him a lot of questions. Which could have been a bussing play but he didn't really have any reason to bus Antori at that time so I don't see why he would have done it. I also like that he thought to look at Lar's posts to see Lar's read on me, that seems like something someone would do when they genuinely don't know what the answer is.

YoshL would be my guess for the last wolf. He's done a lot of mechanical talk, and a lot of general statements that could apply to all games like "dumb tells shouldn't be a thing" and "don't underestimate people". But it seems like he has put less investigative work in and isn't having to think about things from a town perspective. For a lot of the game, his reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads. It seemed like he wasn't putting forth a lot of effort into reading people because he didn't need to.

When I was going through his ISO just now, I saw a lot of posts defending both Antori and Haku. Of course townies can be wrong and defend wolves, but given what we know now these posts seem like they are definitely trying to deflect attention from Antroi or Haku. And change people's perspectives to be more favourable about them.

So I think the last wolf is YoshL, with a slight chance of it being Gradiant, I would be very surprised if it is Shado

Sorry for the wall of text, thank you for letting me get my thoughts out in time. I think I am good to go now
Old 05-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #1595
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Fair. I don't agree with the hyperfocus thing because I keep reexamining and coming back to you even after sincerely trying to see how you're town, but overall those are fair points. It's worth reconsidering Daikyi.

I want to wait and give Gradiant a chance to share his 2 cents on raeko's post before I'm comfortable ending phase

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2019, 10:24 PM   #1596
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Fair. I don't agree with the hyperfocus thing because I keep reexamining and coming back to you even after sincerely trying to see how you're town, but overall those are fair points. It's worth reconsidering Daikyi.

I want to wait and give Gradiant a chance to share his 2 cents on raeko's post before I'm comfortable ending phase
Yeah you did seem like you were reexamining, but you ended up coming back to me every single time and also seemed very sure of it. But when you look at your posts you come across as really looking for stuff, it doesn't seem fake so I still think you are town

I would also like to see Gradiant's and Dai's response as well before we insta, if you guys don't mind
Old 05-14-2019, 10:32 PM   #1597
Gradiant

Quote:
shado pushing me all game I would normally find shady as hell from him but I think he really believes it this time. I think he's picked up on a lot of things that he considers to be true tells from me, and he's put work into finding quotes/posts. it's not the lazy sort of push I've seen from him faking pushes on me in the past.

The only thing I don't like about it is his hyper-focus, especially now when he said he doesn't even care if he loses the game he just wants to kill me. That could be the over-confident tone I caught earlier in the game. But generally I think he looks pretty good, I think it would be a really ballsy play for a wolf to just keep going after the same mislynch over and over for the entire game. I think he really believes it

Gradiant I think looks decent as well. I remember mind-melding with him earlier in the game and since then I think his mindset looks towny still. He was really gung-ho about lynching Antori and had him on his wolf list and was asking him a lot of questions. Which could have been a bussing play but he didn't really have any reason to bus Antori at that time so I don't see why he would have done it. I also like that he thought to look at Lar's posts to see Lar's read on me, that seems like something someone would do when they genuinely don't know what the answer is.

YoshL would be my guess for the last wolf. He's done a lot of mechanical talk, and a lot of general statements that could apply to all games like "dumb tells shouldn't be a thing" and "don't underestimate people". But it seems like he has put less investigative work in and isn't having to think about things from a town perspective. For a lot of the game, his reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads. It seemed like he wasn't putting forth a lot of effort into reading people because he didn't need to.

When I was going through his ISO just now, I saw a lot of posts defending both Antori and Haku. Of course townies can be wrong and defend wolves, but given what we know now these posts seem like they are definitely trying to deflect attention from Antroi or Haku. And change people's perspectives to be more favourable about them.

So I think the last wolf is YoshL, with a slight chance of it being Gradiant, I would be very surprised if it is Shado

Sorry for the wall of text, thank you for letting me get my thoughts out in time. I think I am good to go now
shado - not really seeing the tunneling all game you're talking about here. the over-confident tone you're talking about also isn't something you caught first, I'm pretty sure you brought it up after I mentioned he was being extremely arrogant, along with a couple others as well like mml saying his 'pat on the back' was a dick move. The whole bringing things up after the fact has been something you've been doing all game.

me - okay, but it seems odd that shados snippet was way more scummy than mine, yet your lynch order for us is swapped

yoshl - I'd agree that there's been mechanical talk, and that there's been statements that you mentioned. Those statements i believe are tied into the fact that he's trying to be less antagonistic and have people not shoehorn into one thing (like me saying an antori/mellon/haku team would be too dumb to use fakeclaims). Not too sure about the undeveloped reads or sheeped reads, because I get that a hell of a lot more from you. Just like the mechanics (if you're a wolf), there's no reason for you to care about determining wolf setup because you'd know it anyway.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #1598
Gradiant

mellon, explain your 'aaaaaaa shit' reaction to roundbox switching votes to ffa after mml's cop claim and your immediate dropping of questioning haku's last 'reads' list after he told you he wasn't pairing you and shado when he most certainly was (you two were the two scum in his list of final reads)
Old 05-14-2019, 10:37 PM   #1599
Gradiant

like, that shado read really feels like an appeasement to the person that was probably questioning you the most this game.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #1600
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
mellon, explain your 'aaaaaaa shit' reaction to roundbox switching votes to ffa after mml's cop claim and your immediate dropping of questioning haku's last 'reads' list after he told you he wasn't pairing you and shado when he most certainly was (you two were the two scum in his list of final reads)
sorry, I'm responding to the other stuff, but have seriously none of you guys seen the "aaaaaa shit, here we go again" GTA meme?

cause I was just quoting that meme

roundbox said "here we go again" so I said "aaaaaaaa shit"

it's that deep for that response

But for the rest of the situation basically I will go through this EOD again but I thought when Xel made a post that said "Lar is a wolf" that he was trying to counterclaim subtly without saying so, I was trying to figure out what was going on and having a difficult time. So I figured roundbox caught on to something I was missing, but the "aaaaaaaa shit" was just a meme

I really thought you guys would get that....

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ah-shit-here-we-go-again
Closed Thread