Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 02-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default U.N. vs North Korea - a Letter

Quote:
GENEVA – A U.N. panel warned North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Monday that he may be held accountable for orchestrating widespread crimes against civilians in the secretive Asian nation, ranging from executing and torturing prisoners to systematic abductions and starving mass populations.

It is unusual for a U.N. report to directly implicate a nation’s leader. But in a letter accompanying a yearlong investigative report, the chairman of a three-member UN. commission of inquiry, retired Australian judge Michael Kirby, directly warned Kim that that international prosecution is needed “to render accountable all those, including possibly yourself, who may be responsible for crimes against humanity.”
http://globalnews.ca/news/1154080/un...inst-humanity/

I know barely anything about the situation in North Korea as it is, but to me it seems like progress is being made here. Discuss.
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: U.N. vs North Korea - a Letter

progress is an illusion
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

stupid decision
i seriously hope the us opposed this
nobody is ready for the most deeply entrenched personality cult in the world to collapse
Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

dat signature
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
lurker
ur worst nitemare

About me:
My name is Byron. I am a proud African American who enjoys a lot of things. Here are some things you should probably know about my past accomplishments: I retired from FFR in 2009 and retired SM in 2010. I came back to SM in mid-2012 with a new keyboard then retired again mid-2013. I was the first person to legitimately AAA Disregard. I reached "Dark Chancellor" status around 2011. I was a FFR judge but quit due to lack of interest. I came back as a judge recently but will probably quit again soon due to lack of time and other reasonable causes. I was the person who lead/created the new revised Tier Point system FFR is using right now. I give thanks to this community for the awesome support! I was the person who created Rebound Dump Collection Packs 1 and 2. I wanted to make a third series of the pack but then I lost interest with SM and so I cancelled it. Last, but not least, I have caused/created five epic legendary threads on FFR so that this community will always remember me in good and bad ways. These were quite the accomplishments.
Interests:
I ask myself if this was all worth it? People should probably think about this before contributing anything for FFR. If you make a few bad mistakes, you will be targeted. If you are in that position, you have two choices: Not giving a fuck or giving a fuck. Once you fail (which you will regardless on what you choose), you are hated and made a laughing stock in front of the whole community. People follow bandwagons. You might as well not give a shit and wait it off. New FFR drama will happen and when it does, people will follow that bandwagon. Eventually, whatever happened to you dies down but it will always be remembered. This is when you can either do a good thing for the community to balance out the recent mistake you made or choose not to do anything and have people hate you forever.
Fav Music:
During the past eight years I have been into this community, it has been the same pattern over and over again. I would know because I have been doing this same thing for years and it works. This time around, I am not going to balance anything "good" out because I know exactly what is going to happen. I will gain some respect back again and do what I do best. Eventually, I will make another mistake and the same thing is going to happen again UNLESS if I either get a huge group of people to like me or if I decide to suck staff's dick and eventually become staff myself. If you get to that level of power, congrats. You can make a lot of of mistakes and people will still respect you just because you are either popular or a staff member or both. Most people will not target you because they are scared of the consequences and so you get away with almost anything. "Almost" is the key word here. You can still get in huge trouble when you are a staff member or a popular user but you would have to do something ridiculously uncalled for in order for you to get shut down.
Fav Movies:
I just wanted to get that out of the way because it is true no matter how you slice it. You could do so many great things for FFR but once you make a bad mistake and called out for it, it does not matter how many good things you have done in the past. Trolls will come, people will bandwagon, and you will be the laughing stock of the whole thing. It does not matter if you say the truth or not. If someone does not believe you and people bandwagon, you lose. Even if you apologized, you lose. Basically, if you are going to help contribute something on FFR, don't make a lot of mistakes, have good communication and get people to like you. Simple right? I advise people to not make the same mistakes that I did. Yes, I am WARNING you to not even try unless if you are doing it intentionally to piss people off and have some laughs and possibly getting banned. All I ask for people is to not judge me for who I am until you actually meet me irl.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol
Old 02-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
About me:
My name is Byron. I am a proud African American who enjoys a lot of things. Here are some things you should probably know about my past accomplishments: I retired from FFR in 2009 and retired SM in 2010. I came back to SM in mid-2012 with a new keyboard then retired again mid-2013. I was the first person to legitimately AAA Disregard. I reached "Dark Chancellor" status around 2011. I was a FFR judge but quit due to lack of interest. I came back as a judge recently but will probably quit again soon due to lack of time and other reasonable causes. I was the person who lead/created the new revised Tier Point system FFR is using right now. I give thanks to this community for the awesome support! I was the person who created Rebound Dump Collection Packs 1 and 2. I wanted to make a third series of the pack but then I lost interest with SM and so I cancelled it. Last, but not least, I have caused/created five epic legendary threads on FFR so that this community will always remember me in good and bad ways. These were quite the accomplishments.
Interests:
I ask myself if this was all worth it? People should probably think about this before contributing anything for FFR. If you make a few bad mistakes, you will be targeted. If you are in that position, you have two choices: Not giving a fuck or giving a fuck. Once you fail (which you will regardless on what you choose), you are hated and made a laughing stock in front of the whole community. People follow bandwagons. You might as well not give a shit and wait it off. New FFR drama will happen and when it does, people will follow that bandwagon. Eventually, whatever happened to you dies down but it will always be remembered. This is when you can either do a good thing for the community to balance out the recent mistake you made or choose not to do anything and have people hate you forever.
Fav Music:
During the past eight years I have been into this community, it has been the same pattern over and over again. I would know because I have been doing this same thing for years and it works. This time around, I am not going to balance anything "good" out because I know exactly what is going to happen. I will gain some respect back again and do what I do best. Eventually, I will make another mistake and the same thing is going to happen again UNLESS if I either get a huge group of people to like me or if I decide to suck staff's dick and eventually become staff myself. If you get to that level of power, congrats. You can make a lot of of mistakes and people will still respect you just because you are either popular or a staff member or both. Most people will not target you because they are scared of the consequences and so you get away with almost anything. "Almost" is the key word here. You can still get in huge trouble when you are a staff member or a popular user but you would have to do something ridiculously uncalled for in order for you to get shut down.
Fav Movies:
I just wanted to get that out of the way because it is true no matter how you slice it. You could do so many great things for FFR but once you make a bad mistake and called out for it, it does not matter how many good things you have done in the past. Trolls will come, people will bandwagon, and you will be the laughing stock of the whole thing. It does not matter if you say the truth or not. If someone does not believe you and people bandwagon, you lose. Even if you apologized, you lose. Basically, if you are going to help contribute something on FFR, don't make a lot of mistakes, have good communication and get people to like you. Simple right? I advise people to not make the same mistakes that I did. Yes, I am WARNING you to not even try unless if you are doing it intentionally to piss people off and have some laughs and possibly getting banned. All I ask for people is to not judge me for who I am until you actually meet me irl.
Hey hey hey, there is nothing wrong with ranting!

Serious Note: I should probably remove that lol
Old 02-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
lurker
ur worst nitemare

u already did
Old 02-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #9
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

I feel like the only one who wants the war to begin so we can break out the popcorn.
I'm probably a terrible person.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #10
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
u already did
I didn't actually removed it. I just hid it from public view. I did not think someone would save it lmaoooo

@Pseudo: Go on ahead. I'll just sit back and watch!

Last edited by i love you; 02-17-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Old 02-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
I feel like the only one who wants the war to begin so we can break out the popcorn.
I'm probably a terrible person.
war's still on there's just been a ceasefire in place since the korean war iirc
Old 02-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

well I guess to kinda explain it in a more normal way, it's like watching your two friends flirt with each other for months and months and leaving you thinking "holy shit, just fuck already or be done with it"

Obviously there's a tragedy to be had if war breaks out, but it's just all that tension between NK and the world that just has to snap eventually. I'd rather get it done sooner rather than later.

I'm still a terrible person

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlp View Post
war's still on there's just been a ceasefire in place since the korean war iirc
oh. As I said I have no real knowledge of the situation in North Korea. I was taking a history class last semester for Modern History but we didn't even cover the last 100 years. So here I am still ignorant despite trying to learn. It's an interesting topic for sure, but I don't want to read crap. Is there anywhere you guys recommend I look at, or a recommended book I could take out where I could read about this? lol

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 02-17-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #13
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

the fall of the DPRK isnt going to be as grandoise as it's usually imagined.

their weapon systems are incredibly old and SK has too many strong allies, including us. DPRK's main allies are iran and china and neither of them will deploy troops on DPRK's behalf otherwise we'll get involved immediately.

the (worst case) scenario based on what i know so far is that if there is a conflict in the region, it's going to start between china and the japs, because the chinese are being very aggressive expanding their maritime borders. if that happens it might benefit the DPRK to finally go on an offensive against south korea, because their closest ally (china) would be deploying forces nearby. SK and japan are our close allies. so if things got out of hand in the region, we might be looking at an actual war instead of little skirmishes

that being said, SK is more than capable of destroying the DPRK by themselves if they wanted to. if the koreas were to merge again anytime soon, it would be from a political implosion inside of north korea. Kim Jong Un has a western education so even though he's running the DPRK he has seen the light in a sense that he knows his country is shit and headed for failure

Last edited by adlp; 02-17-2014 at 07:42 PM..
adlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #14
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

literally every post in this thread is going to be a rehash of posts that was already made in every internet community ever
Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #15
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

including yours
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #16
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

~xX{RoAsTeD}Xx~
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

well i thought that went without saying?
Old 02-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #18
Xx{Fallen}xX
Hugs 4 Hire
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
~xX{RoAsTeD}Xx~
The x's are the wrong way

Xx{Fallen}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #19
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Progress? Please. China loves North Korea, and nobody fucks with China (anyone want a large chunk of their import and export dollars gone? didn't think so). This will probably just end with yet another bunch of Americans and Europeans mad at North Korea, and Kim continuing to not care.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:01 AM   #20
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

china doesn't love north korea they just tolerate them the best