Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #21
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: When you just play and have pain in your fore arms...

Anyone ended up having shoulder pain issues, but not anything hands related from playing?
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #22
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Anyone ended up having shoulder pain issues, but not anything hands related from playing?
i know mina fucks up his shoulder every 6 months and plays like shit because of it for the next year
Old 07-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #23
Banned
FFR Veteran

Try not to tense up so much or find a more comfortable position.

When i would relax i would last longer. (ooh Sexual)
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:25 AM   #24
Soul Evans
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
Hey I have the same problem as you. I think it is just because we are new players (both are profiles were created about a month ago) so it will probably take some time to build up the stamina. I started off playing about a 100 games a day bc of how addicting this game is but after a couple weeks my hands hurt pretty bad. I took a few days off and now only play about 25-50 games a day and my hands/forearms feel minimal pain. So yeah pretty much what everyone else said lol take a break or play less games per day. If you play spread maybe try different setups, I'm currently using ZX23 and it feels pretty comfortable to me.
I've actually have two years of experience of VSRG's, but some of those points still apply to different players
Soul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:29 AM   #25
Soul Evans
FFR Player

I've been really sloppy on my stamina training, i don't know exactly what files i should play for stamina, it's funny how in JS getting a SDG in it will most likely still give me burns. so that has been a bad thing for me in harder files, i can do them but my stamina always pulls me down when playing, i was hoping if i pushed myself harder i'd actually end up with good stamina (ps i'm the guy who can 0.9 SDG serious shit but can't pass it on 1.0 due to stamina) :<
Old 07-26-2016, 04:18 AM   #26
Soul Evans
FFR Player

No that's not what i meant, i meant the reason why i push myself because my stamina is not good, i end up with burns on files that i can FC - single digit great
and files what i seemingly suppose to ''93-96%'' i always get held down by my stamina so i thought in order to get a good stamina to maintain my performance on these files which i'm suppose to do well is to push myself, the pain part is what bothered my so i've been wondering about people's thoughts on that
Old 07-26-2016, 06:28 AM   #27
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I get more elbow pain than wrist pain from this game and have no idea why
My elbows feel cranky after every session
MikeShinoda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #28
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Building stamina is nice and all, but don't rush into it. You don't run a marathon before first building stamina through a 5K, and so on

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:44 PM   #29
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Evans View Post
Actually that's the thing xD i played from 1 pm to 7: pm, i don't know if i should stop now xD as for songs that i play, i play any song i can sometimes i can AA sometimes i can FC and maybe SDG, but that's about it, funny how i feel stingy pain in my arms but i just can't stop playing even if it's been 7 and a half hours ;w;
Have you considered going for 500mil in a day? Seems you're well on your way to building up the necessary stamina! (Also, play songs that are about the same density for most of the way through it.)
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #30
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Let's not encourage behavior which is encouraging the destruction of Soul Evan's body right now...

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:43 AM   #31
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

When I played from midnight to midnight for the 24 hour gamewhore competition I had severe muscle pains for the following day.

If you haven't been playing this game for very long it is probably having a similar effect because you haven't extensively used those muscles for long periods of time yet. It's possible that over time it will take much longer than an average session of playing to cause muscle pain. Just have to play in moderation and stop when it starts to feel too uncomfortable.

Last edited by Izzy; 07-27-2016 at 09:43 AM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #32
Soul Evans
FFR Player

I'll try not to overdo it, but sometimes i just like to push myself in order to achieve well, my goals. i feel like i want to improve and i wanna work hard for it
i'm currently (hopefully true) high D6, and i want D7 so i'm practicing a bunch but my stamina always gets in the way even if i try to play on a daily basis, believe it or not but i have been playing VSRG's two years ago from day 1 have i not stopped from playing at least 1 song a day with the exception of two separate weeks for exam studying, this game is all i have it is all that i am left with it became emotionally tied to me, it might aswell be the very thing keeping me alive (for various reasons) so that being said, i hope i achieve my goals if i just kept practicing