Old 06-19-2015, 09:11 PM   #21
Charmoeleon
Chargrilled, hot & spicy!
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Full Combo Stat?

Might be a bit late to the party here, but coming from a D1 perspective, FCs are actually a really good goal to have in this game when you're first starting out, just like Rapta said.

For instance, I'm currently making it my goal to FC as many songs as I can (using skills, not keysmashing), and it's actually helping me a lot in terms of getting better at the game. Take those green letters away, and it wouldn't really feel like I've made any progress over the 1.8 years or however long I've been playing this game. I just think that removing FCs would alienate beginners because they wouldn't get visual correspondence informing them that they're getting better.

As for how FC are handled now, I'm not sure. I would assume that if you played a song where your best raw score is an FC, and your new raw score for this session was better than that (without getting an FC), then it would replace the score for the current song, making you lose the FC.
I know permanent FCs have been discussed already, and I think that if there's a way to do that, that'd be ideal.

As for the FC tokens... well, if permanent FCs were a thing, then they wouldn't have to be changed, right?
11th Official FFR Tournament(D1)-2nd
TheSmexxxyNoobs Ultimate Low Level Tourney(D2)-6th
Kawaii025's Tournament of Randomness(D2)-2nd
Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2(D2)-3rd
FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018(D2)-5th

Best AAA: Strength (37)
Best Blackflag: Heroes On Your Lawn At Night (53)
Best SDG: {Satori} v2 (48)
Best FC: Survive (64)

Last edited by Charmoeleon; 06-19-2015 at 09:12 PM..
Charmoeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:35 PM   #22
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Kinda expanding on my previous comment, could we add labels for every song, no matter what the score?

So just like we have the yellow AAA, the green FC, the grey Unplayed and the black Blackflag labels, would it be hard to add in AA, A, B, C, D, E, Avgflag, Missflag, Booflag & Omniflag labels?

Honestly, it may seem a little pointless having a C, D or E label but it could motivate you to clean up all E ranked songs or D ranked songs. Like another sort of milestone once everything is above the E rank or D rank or whatever rank.

More on OT, I personally do like the idea of the AA rank being added if the rest weren't. FC's are meaningful to some people, mainly newer and less skilled players, but AA's seem to be more meaningful for higher skilled players. Maybe add something in the options to change the display from FC's to AA's?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:38 PM   #23
2EdgedVictory
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I would say keep FC's and have a permanent FC bar. FC's are a good goal for bona fide, non mashing beginners to strive for. If we only had AAA's, or even AA's, the game would be too biased towards more advanced players since it takes a bit of time before one is comfortable getting AAA's. If FC's were removed, I think there should be A's instead. It's not incredibly difficult and is a stepping stone up to AA's and AAA's for newer players.
2EdgedVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #24
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If we added a mash FC counter with the FC bar, what would be a decent limit to consider a song mashed?
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:26 AM   #25
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

100 boos?
AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:59 AM   #26
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Depends on the difficulty. anything under 95, pretty much over 30 boos is mashing. Anything over id day 50