Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 04-5-2018, 11:40 PM   #1
foop101
FFR Player

Default [Pad] Stamina Showcase 2 Simfile Tournament Announcement

Announcing Stamina Showcase 2! Big Prizes!!!!1!
This time we have a website that explains everything since that is the standard:

http://staminanation.com/stamina-showcase-2018/

I apologize if my web-design skills aren't very good.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the Simfile Showcase Facebook Group (or here, but I'll be slower to respond). Also shoutouts to Prolix for making the logo at the top on such short notice
Old 05-5-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
foop101
FFR Player

Default Re: [Pad] Stamina Showcase 2 Simfile Tournament Announcement

Should've probably posted sooner, but this is the last day to submit files. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
foop101
FFR Player

The results are in for Stamina Showcase 2's Qualifiers! But first... the files need to be claimed. Please look at this document and let me know in the thread or individually which file(s) were yours. When you see the Stepartist field populated, that means you are good.

I'm giving you guys until the end of the weekend, 8/19 at 11:59PT to do claim your files. It should hopefully not take this long. Failure to claim a file before this time will result in a disqualification.

View the claiming doc here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-20-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
foop101
FFR Player

The results are in for Stamina Showcase 2. Click here to view the standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing . If you have any questions, let us know in the thread. We will be in contact with the top ten soon for information on the second round. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

surprised i did so well lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
foop101
FFR Player

Hasn't really been an update on this here since most of the conversation took place over Discord, but I thought I'd update you guys on the results of the tournament. Here is a copy paste of the original announcement:

"The results are in for Stamina Showcase 2!
Overall, things were insanely close. For those out of the loop, based on community feedback the submission process was changed to require the stepartists create files in two separate buckets: 18+ and 17-

Each of these buckets were then weighted by the top score in the bucket (i.e. if the top score for the upper division was 56, a 56 would be a 100, but if the top score for the lower division was 54, a 54 would be a 100), and then averaged to get a finals score.
Like in the original rules, this finals score was then given a weight with the score the entrant got in the qualifiers at an 80/20 split (finals*0.8 + qualifiers*0.2)
While this was on the fly and experimental, it definitely brought some interesting results which you can find here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I want to congratulate all the contestants in this round, but especially Arvin, Zaia, and StoryTime on their top 3 finishes as well as sweeping the individual bucket prizes of $100 each. While every file in this round was great, you all went above and beyond to create some great stamina charts, which was what this was all about.

I also want to shoutout to Denryu, for being extremely, extremely close to the top three. If we were to take off rounding, 3rd place is a 95.88572414 while 4th is a 95.8827487. This is a 0.0029 point difference and I cannot overstate how crazy this is.
I specifically also want to call out the great work that the judges did in, you know, judging. This was a pretty monumental task and without them there would be no competition. I also want to specifically shoutout Archi for helping fund the prize pool with me.

Most importantly, I would like to shoutout all the participants in this event for both rounds. The showing for this event was insane compared to the last Stamina Showcase, and I know that while I may have taken a while to get this event under wraps, everyone was patient with me. The quality of the charts this year was monumentally better than in the previous event as well, and overall I am super pleased with how this event went.
Logistically, the pack for the event will be released some time soon. I am aiming for an November 5th release date. In this time, any revisions to charts submitted should be sent to me directly so I can compile them. Graphics aren't needed as they will feature cool graphics by Prolix who also helped with graphics for the site I made.

Will there be a Stamina Showcase 3? I'm unsure, but while I'd like to help out logistically, I will most likely be stepping down from running the event. I'll try to leave the event in good hands, and thank you all again for the last two great events. I have thoughts about how these events can be improved based on the experiences I've had in the last two, and I hope they can be implemented some time in the future.
As a final note, while I was very careful in compiling the judging, I am a human being. I don't expect there to be any numerical errors, but I implore everyone interested, especially participants, to check their scores and make sure everything was done correctly. More eyes is always a good thing.

Happy stepping!"

tl;dr click the google sheets link for the results, pack will be out in about a week, Stamina Showcase 3 maybe.
Old 11-9-2018, 05:59 PM   #7
foop101
FFR Player

And with this, Stamina Showcase 2 comes to a close. You can download the pack here:

https://staminanation.com/stamina-sh...owcase%202.zip

Sorry this took me a bit longer than expected to compile. Super minor note, but the qualifying and finals round docs both in the download and the google sheets links sent out earlier now contain picks for favorite files between the judges in each round.

Until next competition!