Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #81
FFRN00B90210
Banned

Default Re: Hasn't been a day since the new pope was elected and we already have to witness t

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 View Post
yes, since there was slavery in that time. One of the things comes up in the bible is respecting and submitting to authority. Paul was addressing slaves saying that they were under their master's authority, and reminding them to serve with a good heart.
I fail to see how this is related to the bible saying homosexuality is wrong tho...
the bible was written by people that didnt know anything a number of yrs ago

Quote:
I disagree with homosexuality as a way of life. everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hold no contempt, prejudice, aversion or hatred of homosexuals. I have homosexual friends. I treat them the same way as I do my hetero friends. God loves them identically to heterosexuals and so should I.
u believe in god it doesnt really matter what u actually think about gay ppl. u enable others that dont like gay ppl

Quote:
you really think i'm a homophobe?
no

Quote:
It is appalling how some people treat homosexuals, and many of those people are christians. they do not reflect how God views them...
christian god is made up by humans

Quote:
why does everyone keep referring to these passages in this context? Paul also said that husbands should love their wives as jesus loves the church. I'd hardly say that jesus enslaves and dominates the church...
the bible was written by ppl that didnt know anything a lot of yrs ago. paul is an arbitrary dude in an arbitrary world.

Quote:
no, i meant all of that. In the Bible, homosexuality is a sin. Lying, stealing, adultery, etc... same thing. Sin distances you from God, thus, homosexuality distances you from God.
lying stealing adultery and all of the above are bad because they wrong others not cuz they are sinful. god is irrelevant and the christian god more so cuz hes made up by humans

Quote:
um how do you figure? The vast majority of my values come from the Bible. Integrity, not gossiping, kindness, etc... all taught in the bible.
the vast majority of ur values come from ur parents telling u the bible is the way things are. if they didnt come from ur parents some figure in ur life told u the way things were and u believed it cuz ur impressionable. not gossiping and kindness are arbitrary and dont hold any weight. the bible was written by dudes a number of yrs ago that didnt know anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic View Post
im fully aware how funny i am its part of my epic genepool
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #82
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Hasn't been a day since the new pope was elected and we already have to witness t

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlp View Post
ITT the great 'minds of ffr' devonin and rubix tag team the same one sided discussion of the previous thread from last month while browsing r/atheism on reddit
Please, people on r/atheism are retarded
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #83
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle_3000
yes, since there was slavery in that time. One of the things comes up in the bible is respecting and submitting to authority. Paul was addressing slaves saying that they were under their master's authority, and reminding them to serve with a good heart.
I fail to see how this is related to the bible saying homosexuality is wrong tho...
Slavery was in the bible, the bible says slavery is good and that slaves should obey. Society at large no longer accepts that slavery is okay, and the church has changed its stance on slavery.

Homosexuality as a sin is in the bible, the bible says homosexuality is a sin and you should not be a homosexual. Society at large no longer accepts that homosexuality is a sin, and you can't see how these sentences were entirely the same up until the point where the church has recanted on slavery, and hasn't recanted yet on homosexuality?

The only way these things aren't the EXACT SAME THING is that you don't WANT to be okay with homosexuals and you do want to be okay with abolishing slavery. It's a matter of personal opinion only.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #84
FFRN00B90210
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Please, people on r/atheism are retarded
/r/atheism seems to be something a lot of ppl default on when characterizing atheists. they should instead be understanding the validity behind atheist frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Slavery was in the bible, the bible says slavery is good and that slaves should obey. Society at large no longer accepts that slavery is okay, and the church has changed its stance on slavery.

Homosexuality as a sin is in the bible, the bible says homosexuality is a sin and you should not be a homosexual. Society at large no longer accepts that homosexuality is a sin, and you can't see how these sentences were entirely the same up until the point where the church has recanted on slavery, and hasn't recanted yet on homosexuality?
can u stop talking about the bible because the bible was written by ppl a number of yrs ago that didnt know anything about anything. devonin u constantly enable the other person to respond and its been some kind of theme over the last x number of topics about this. can you stop doing this and just quote ppl and type 'lol' instead. its a lot more effective.

the funniest part is whatever youre saying is clearly logical you just get frustrated every time someone doesnt believe you. just flame ppl and get over it, its basically the same thing man.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #85
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
um how do you figure? The vast majority of my values come from the Bible. Integrity, not gossiping, kindness, etc... all taught in the bible.
Watch this and tell me your thoughts. Most of the time this gets posted and they just dodge it. I want to know your actual response.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #86
FFRN00B90210
Banned

Quote:
Watch this and tell me your thoughts. Most of the time this gets posted and they just dodge it. I want to know your actual response.

my favorite part about your posts is your 'game over' tone whenever you feel like youve dropped hiroshimas biggest knowledge bomb. i realize this approach has enabled you to learn a lot of things no one cares about (see: most of ur knowledge pool) but you will never be able effectively combat retarded ppl.

edit: ill give u a big hint. this kids parents go to church every sunday and he goes w them. yours dont. the end.

edit2: im anxiously awaiting another big wall of text that amounts to nothing

edit3: i remember when i made a God Doesn't Exist thread in CT when guidohunter was a mod and i got banned

edit4: cmon theres 90 ppl viewing the thread make another post so i can respond im gettin bored here i cant exactly double post and repsond to myself thats not fun

Last edited by FFRN00B90210; 03-14-2013 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Everyone has AIDS
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #87
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Well my "knowledge pool" enables me to earn a nice salary so *some* people certainly care about it...

Anyways I don't think I have a "game over" tone. Most arguments against religious oppression are not profound. They're not even that hard to understand. The hard part is getting people to acknowledge that there's no rational defense for their beliefs.

If you can say that, we can call it a day: "I understand that on all rational fronts, my religion has no defense. But I believe it anyway on faith without evidence, and I acknowledge that it's inconsistent. I acknowledge that I pick and choose. I acknowledge that it's unfalsifiable. And I am okay with impinging on others due to my religious beliefs."

But don't act like there's anything rational about it lmfao
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #88
littlecigarinmouth
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
lol at the idea that Jesus told slaves to obey their masters because he supported slavery

I suppose when he said to pay your taxes it was because he supported the Christian-slaying government too?
jesus was born in israel
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #89
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
the bible says slavery is good
where?

Quote:

stoning, breaking the sabbath, etc... those were all things in the old testament. We can go into why some of the old testament doesn't apply in the same way anymore if you like.

Jesus challenged the stoning of the adulteress. He challenged the reasoning and the motives behind the religious leaders who were so strict on the sabbath.

any specific things you'd like my opinion on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

Last edited by popsicle_3000; 03-14-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #90
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:

stoning, breaking the sabbath, etc... those were all things in the old testament. We can go into why old testament is different if you like.

Jesus challenged the stoning of the adulteress. He challenged the reasoning and the motives behind the religious leaders who were so strict on the sabbath.

any specific things you'd like my opinion on?
Please point to where in the new testament Jesus "challenged" any of this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #91
FFRN00B90210
Banned

id like to know if your parents are religious, gay, or poor

or any of the above combination

its part of my survey
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #92
FFRN00B90210
Banned

Quote:
Well my "knowledge pool" enables me to earn a nice salary so *some* people certainly care about it...

Anyways I don't think I have a "game over" tone. Most arguments against religious oppression are not profound. They're not even that hard to understand. The hard part is getting people to acknowledge that there's no rational defense for their beliefs.

If you can say that, we can call it a day: "I understand that on all rational fronts, my religion has no defense. But I believe it anyway on faith without evidence, and I acknowledge that it's inconsistent. I acknowledge that I pick and choose. I acknowledge that it's unfalsifiable. And I am okay with impinging on others due to my religious beliefs."

But don't act like there's anything rational about it lmfao
dude theres nothin that going to make this guy think youre more right than his mom and dad

his mom and his dad told him gods real and jesus is cool and youre not going to stop his mom and dad. his mom and his dad told him so. his mom and his dad told him.

hey popsicle3000 plz respond to this: did your mom and dad tell you god was real and jesus was your savior
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #93
FFRN00B90210
Banned

hey popsicle3000 are your mom and dad still together and happy and did they take you to church every sunday and do they believe in god. please respond.

cmon man i know youre still viewing this thread

anyone else: do you know popsicle3000s parents

Last edited by FFRN00B90210; 03-14-2013 at 09:41 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #94
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I disagree with homosexuality as a way of life. everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hold no contempt, prejudice, aversion or hatred of homosexuals. I have homosexual friends. I treat them the same way as I do my hetero friends. God loves them identically to heterosexuals and so should I.

you really think i'm a homophobe?

It is appalling how some people treat homosexuals, and many of those people are christians. they do not reflect how God views them...
If you hold no contempt, prejudice, aversion or hatred of homosexuals, why do you disagree with their way of life? Sure, you don't have to be gay or like gay men having sex or whatever, but disagreeing with someone's lifestyle (without any real reason to) is exactly what you just mentioned you are not, no matter how you spin it.
Initially I thought you posted that comment in favor of the church's statement by belittling the denial of equal rights for homosexuality as simple "disagreeing", but apparently I interpreted your comment wrong (although I do not see whom it was directed to then). Regardless though, my point still stands.

edit: FFRN00B90210, you're not doing your argument any justice. Quit being so childish.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #95
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
Please point to where in the new testament Jesus "challenged" any of this.
i dont remember the exact reference but i can find it if you like.

In one either matthew, luke, john or mark, there is the story of the woman who was discovered committing adultery. The religious leaders where going to stone her, as was the law. They came to Jesus and asked what he thought. He said anyone who has never sinned should throw the 1st stone. He was essentially saying that God forgives, and he is the one who will deal with her. To not be so quick to judge people.

next, Jesus healed someone on the sabbath. The religious leaders questioned him saying he performed work on the sabbath. His retaliation was to question what the point of the sabbath was. It was meant to be a day set aside for God. He challenged their motives. They were more interested in how they appeared to others, keeping the Jewish law down to the letter. He said it was more about one's heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRN00B90210 View Post
hey popsicle3000 are your mom and dad still together and happy and did they take you to church every sunday and do they believe in god. please respond.

cmon man i know youre still viewing this thread

anyone else: do you know popsicle3000s parents
they are not together, one is happy, they did take me to church when i was younger and they do try to follow God. They live 20 000 miles away from me and I am free to hold the values I like. They have no control over what I do, and I have been independent of them for 9 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
If you hold no contempt, prejudice, aversion or hatred of homosexuals, why do you disagree with their way of life? ... but disagreeing with someone's lifestyle (without any real reason to) is exactly what you just mentioned you are not, no matter how you spin it.
my reason is because the Bible says it is wrong. and that is why i disagree with the lifestyle.

Quote:
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.

Last edited by popsicle_3000; 03-14-2013 at 09:45 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #96
FFRN00B90210
Banned

so are both your parents religious or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
If you hold no contempt, prejudice, aversion or hatred of homosexuals, why do you disagree with their way of life? Sure, you don't have to be gay or like gay men having sex or whatever, but disagreeing with someone's lifestyle (without any real reason to) is exactly what you just mentioned you are not, no matter how you spin it.
Initially I thought you posted that comment in favor of the church's statement by belittling the denial of equal rights for homosexuality as simple "disagreeing", but apparently I interpreted your comment wrong (although I do not see whom it was directed to then). Regardless though, my point still stands.

edit: FFRN00B90210, you're not doing your argument any justice. Quit being so childish.
this isnt even an argument why are you enabling this guy, just ask him if his parents are religious or not and it settles it
Old 03-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #97
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRN00B90210 View Post
dude theres nothin that going to make this guy think youre more right than his mom and dad

his mom and his dad told him gods real and jesus is cool and youre not going to stop his mom and dad. his mom and his dad told him so. his mom and his dad told him.

hey popsicle3000 plz respond to this: did your mom and dad tell you god was real and jesus was your savior
I understand that, but he's not my target.

I never have these discussions with religious people unless there's an audience in some form -- the idea is that you hope to at least reach out to a lurker or someone who's maybe not hardcore either way, but is swayed by something you say. I think a religious mindset is too hard to break for most people.

Better than just playing to the whole "let's respect everything as equally valid belief" nonsense that gives religion a freebie to do harmful things unchecked. You have to fight it somehow *shrug*
Old 03-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #98
FFRN00B90210
Banned

Quote:
I understand that, but he's not my target.

I never have these discussions with religious people unless there's an audience in some form -- the idea is that you hope to at least reach out to a lurker or someone who's maybe not hardcore either way, but is swayed by something you say. I think a religious mindset is too hard to break for most people.

Better than just playing to the whole "let's respect everything as equally valid belief" nonsense that gives religion a freebie to do harmful things unchecked. You have to fight it somehow *shrug*
yeah i agree 100% with not respecting things as equally valid hence why i keep asking this guy if his parents are devoutly religious (which they clearly are). the only reason popsicle3000 believes what he believes is because hes too scared to disappoint his parents. so the solution is to keep asking him and keep making him feel insecure about his beliefs until hes either frustrated or hates himself. or make sure he doesnt have kids. one of the two.

edit: this threads been made 34345093840 times on this website and its just a soapbox for the same mouthbreathing retards with the same rhetoric. people on the internet have no real reason to believe in god because theyre overexposed to information suggesting no god exists (majority of frequent internet users hold this belief i dont really need to cite it). the only reason they dont is because of their parents. so you have to attack their upbringing and make them feel bad. because theyre dumb.

edit2: truth comes out his parents took him to church and he used it as a crutch thread over guys rationale explained dudes brain sucks take 5 next dumbass christian up to bat come at me

Last edited by FFRN00B90210; 03-14-2013 at 09:50 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #99
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
my reason is because the Bible says it is wrong. and that is why i disagree with the lifestyle.

And what exactly about homosexuality is wrong?

Last edited by Nullifidian; 03-14-2013 at 09:55 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #100
FFRN00B90210
Banned

Quote:
lol i've enjoyed reading your posts. i'm 27, in medical school, have been out of home for 9 years, and you think that you've got the power to make me feel insecure??
youre just insecure by default man. youre a guy on the internet championing something that is absolutely dead in your age bracket for internet users. it is pathetic and stupid. you will be a minority in the future and you will be laughed at by everyone.

also citing your life credentials as a means to squash any ounce of insecurity is also laughable. there are plenty knowledgeable religious types, they are still wrong and bad.

Last edited by FFRN00B90210; 03-14-2013 at 09:56 PM..
Closed Thread