psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Need some opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic View Post
I understand there are stats connected to the songs, but obviously that hasn't stopped FFR before since like a good amount of legacy and early skill tokens are unplayable on R^2. I think there's a lot of inconsistencies in stances going on, but I'm not here to dictate what's right or wrong.
The R^2 thing isn't something that was intentional it was a concept engine that was being worked on and the bugs were never all taken care of. Jon then decided to start working on R^3 which also still has bugs to be worked out. That has nothing to do with content actually being removed from this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 02-8-2013, 03:14 PM   #142
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
On the relationship standpoint when it comes to music artist or stepartist it's kinda like yeah you can oblige but then you're pissing off a whole (or a good majority) of the community vs one person. I just feel like this affects a lot of people and that's unfair just because he doesn't want to be associated with the files anymore.

I kinda don't really feel the museum thing is quite the same because this is a game that you are providing content for. It has stats and things tied to these songs it's just just something on display. Plus aren't most things in museums bought by them or donated? I think you might be thinking more along the lines of a gallery but then again I don't really look much into those things.
Again on the relationship thing it was more about musicians, because some of them may have friends in high places (read:twitter etc.) and can bring far more trouble to the site than pissing off this community, which would subside with time.

Gallery, museum, back alley wall whatever. The point is that just because additional work is done to get the file into the game doesn't mean that it becomes FFR property.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:17 PM   #143
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
oh my god who fucking cares, let him remove his files out of the game. not a huge deal, nor does it really matter when there's 1000 other songs to play.
*cough* smh, can't believe I'm going to say this *cough*

I +1 Razor's post.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:19 PM   #144
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
AND including what Foxfire said above me, I'm sorry, but since there is no legitimate proof that there is a rule stating once you submit a file it is then FFR's personal property. Since, V4N created the file, it's HIS property, nor did he sign a contract or abide to a "gray area" contract stipulating that he now gives ownership away. There are WAY too many loop holes here, and the Staff should put together a group of people to completely revamp all rules in each and every single way so that there are not as many gray areas (if any afterwards) that can be found that are important.

My idea, this fell under a gray area, and regardless whether or not people would be upset, it really isn't up to us. I do enjoy his files, do not get me wrong, I really do, but they are just that, HIS files, and therefore with no contract signing or rule in place saying otherwise, he has every right to remove his own files.
Then tell him to honor my request for my TS files to be removed because they are my files. There was no rule stating those became TS property either.

Quote:
lol no asking for my old bad files to be removed IS the kind of thing I would do... if I was a douchebag

Honestly though just because I'm not proud of them and I know a lot of people don't like the files... I also hear occasional good comments about even what I consider my worst files, so I know someone is enjoying them. (someone once posted on my wall that their favorite file in the game was Science Genius Girl... okay.)
Leaving the files in the game for those few people who enjoy them is the right thing to do. Everyone else doesn't HAVE to play them, they are there if you want or not. (if you are 100% levelrank perfectionist that's your choice not mine)
See I like this mentality. Not everyone will always enjoy them but there's always someone that does. I'm one of those people who generally enjoys the files that tend to get hate here on ffr and end up not really liking the more popular ones.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 02-8-2013, 03:20 PM   #145
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

We got a visitor.

Imo, on a legal standpoint, we should remove his files if he says so, for whatever the reason. (minus trolling obv)
But, if I was him, I wouldn't do it because I think it would hurt his reputation more than keeping them in the game. (and it's the first time I heard any hate against V4N's file) EDIT : I wasn't really active until fairly recently so I guess most people are not complaining anymore against his files (if that was the case back then)...

Last edited by noname219; 02-8-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 02-8-2013, 03:20 PM   #146
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
oh my god who fucking cares, let him remove his files out of the game. not a huge deal, nor does it really matter when there's 1000 other songs to play.
Finally some sense lol. Thank you for that
Old 02-8-2013, 03:22 PM   #147
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

I have already messaged him and told him that your files as well should be removed.

But, in all honesty, I feel that you got mad at him for asking for his files to be removed and countered his request with an angrily response such as what you requested.

Still, it seems like a personal issue with you two, when Tiza should have just went to BMAH or Zag or even Jon for the issue. So regardless, you're files on TS have no bearing here on FFR. The issue at hand isn't TS's rules, but FFR's.

EDIT: And yes, Tiza is viewing the thread, as I linked him to it
Old 02-8-2013, 03:22 PM   #148
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Then tell him to honor my request for my TS files to be removed because they are my files. There was no rule stating those became TS property either.
Actually, you should. If they are your files and you are concerned that they are infringing upon your rights, send them a take down notice, and if they don't comply, file a lawsuit. I doubt your files are so important to TS that they would have a representative of their site (or the owner themselves) go to court to defend them.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:24 PM   #149
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Actually, you should. If they are your files and you are concerned that they are infringing upon your rights, send them a take down notice, and if they don't comply, file a lawsuit. I doubt your files are so important to TS that they would have a representative of their site (or the owner themselves) go to court to defend them.
I'm pretty sure there'd be no issue removing a song from TS, no need to involve lawsuit over a file. It's just a game.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:24 PM   #150
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Actually not a bad idea, but think that Tiza could do the same thing here against FFR as well if they don't comply with his request.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:24 PM   #151
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
I have already messaged him and told him that your files as well should be removed.

But, in all honesty, I feel that you got mad at him for asking for his files to be removed and countered his request with an angrily response such as what you requested.

Still, it seems like a personal issue with you two, when Tiza should have just went to BMAH or Zag or even Jon for the issue. So regardless, you're files on TS have no bearing here on FFR. The issue at hand isn't TS's rules, but FFR's.

EDIT: And yes, Tiza is viewing the thread, as I linked him to it
He didn't come to me about the removal lmao he did go to bmah and JX about it. I've wanted my files removed from TS for some time now but I let it go because it wasn't the right thing to do, but frankly if it's not that big of a deal then I guess my request should be granted without argument. FFR and TS are the same thing, simfiles submitted to a game by a simfile artist.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-8-2013, 03:25 PM   #152
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Yes they are the same "concept," but not the same thing.

As I said, I requested Tiza to take down your files, but since you don't want anything to do with Thirdstyle, then there should be no more talk about TS from you after it's said and done. Again this is a thread on FFR, let's keep it to FFR.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:26 PM   #153
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Unless ts has a thing about the thing
Old 02-8-2013, 03:27 PM   #154
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Unless ts has a thing about the thing
But the thing, doesn't remotely relate to the previous thing, in which case the current thing is totally being optimized in front of the new thing.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:28 PM   #155
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Actually not a bad idea, but think that Tiza could do the same thing here against FFR as well if they don't comply with his request.
That is exactly what I am saying, this is a possibility that exists if FFR refuses to remove files from step authors if their rights weren't transferred.

Yes it is extreme, and yes, I doubt most people would bother to do something like this, but why put FFR in a position where such a thing is possible? Popular or not, good or bad, legal is legal, and FFR shouldn't risk being on the wrong side of it.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:29 PM   #156
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

100% Agreed. This is one of the only times I've ever seen someone want their files completley removed. It's not a fun thing, don't get me wrong, but with all of the gray areas, it would just be a standard to remove the files, and write up a new rule/agreement stating what FFR expects from it's Simfile Authors.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:34 PM   #157
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there'd be no issue removing a song from TS, no need to involve lawsuit over a file. It's just a game.
He absolutely refused every time I said anything about my files being removed

Him: different policy
Him: if i could remove or re-step some of my TS files, i would, but i can't
Him: it's not written anywhere just like there's no formal forum rules written
Him: can't sorry
Him: doesn't work that way, sorry
Him: too bad, it doesn't work that way. when i asked my files to be removed by tass, he said no and that was that.

I point out the not written anywhere statement because the counter argument has been the legalities of FFR keeping files because it's not written anywhere, well same thing there yet I get a refusal.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-8-2013, 03:36 PM   #158
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

AGAIN, that is a personal issue between you and him. Listen, you're train-wrecking your own damn thread.

Who gives a damn about what went on with you two via skype chat messages. Enough about it. jesus christ.

EDIT: This is supposed to be a FFR opinion thread based on the OP you made. You can take up your issues with Tiza via TS or Skype or PM's. If you have an issue, then file something somewhere, don't know what to tell you.

Get back on track, or have Zag/Bmah/An ADMIN lock the damn thread.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:36 PM   #159
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
rofl I think you need to go for a walk and shake out that stick in your panties
awww, it seems I offended one of the members shitstyle, Im sorry.............actually nope, could careless.
Old 02-8-2013, 03:37 PM   #160
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
awww, it seems I offended one of the members shitstyle, Im sorry.............actually nope, could careless.
you're still here lol sup

Quote:
He absolutely refused every time I said anything about my files being removed
I think this issue should've been brought in thread that time as well. The only people who knew this were you and tiza.