Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
bertj
FFR Player

Default Impressed since I've been away

I was here since the beginning when lightdarkness (I think it was him. Is he still around?) created FFR. I haven't been here in well over a year or two I just wanted to give props to the site and all the new songs. I was hoping someone could give me the low down with some of the new things going on. Skill songs, how to get more also secret songs, etc...I'm out of the loop, but would really like to get back in it. If anyone is wondering...no I'm not some random person coming back. I won the first FFR league that was put on in the advanced division and also finished I believe top 5 in the expert league under a different name (sorry for duel accounting, but I never got my free cd so it evens out). aaanyway, any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Impressed since I've been away

He didn't create FFR, synthlight did.
LD is still around, he's an admin, though I haven't seen him in a while :<

To get the songs in secret, you have to have a certain amount of credits, if you go below that amount of credits, you will lose the song you had. The last song in secret requires you to have 100,000 credits, and is named ==Planet KARMA==.

You can see all 100 skill token requirements here, they're pretty fun to unlock, have fun
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...token_info.php

All the normal tokens however are here, usually some type of riddle requiring you to enter something into the URL bar: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...token_info.php

They have added speedmods, which you can set ingame (click setting in the top right corner of the game). There are several other things that have been added there, such as ingame keymapping, autofail, and some useless stuff, and non pickable stuff.

There are 620 ingame public songs right now, 754 with token/skill token songs, and I guess like 760 with subscriber songs.

Currently there is a single song you can actually purchase with actual money, and it's a support token, you can buy the for great justice album, which also unlocks the token for "Dendrite v2." There's a v1 of the game located somewhere in dance.

You can subscribe here: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/payments.php
Subscribing is pretty much a donation to the site, to help them pay operation fees and what not. You can see some of the other reasons/benefits to subscribing here: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=97194

Uhh what else....dance 2 is an addition to dance, the genre was becoming huge so they split up the genre into 2, dance 2 being filled with the harder songs, and dance with the easier songs. They added numbers when you open a genre to automatically skip to a certain page of the genre.

There is also a song list, which is located next to the quality button [top left of the game], you can view all the songs you have here, sorted by alphabetical order or difficulty.

The avmiss glitch has been fixed, which was a glitch with the game where if 2 arrows of the same type were close enough you could hit the 2nd one before hitting the first, resulting in the game giving you an average, a miss, and sometimes a boo.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head right now, though, welcome back, and enjoy your stay, long live FFR <3

Edit: There are profile now, you can view your profile here: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/bertj/
You can edit it to have a background and change stuff blah blah, people will normally contact you and talk to you here, make some friends

There are a few other games, though they are pretty much ignored and full of bugs, FFR R2, Spin it Up!, Metrivia, and FFRock. You can find the first 3 on the top right of the main page of FFR, and usually other pages on the black bar, FFRock is all over Rithum I hear, which is a side project I guess from FFR, full of musicians, and stuff, I haven't been there much, so I dunno whats there.

There is a simfile database to upload files for stepmania, you can find that on the main page on the left side also.

There's video chat, multiplayer chat (found at the bottom of FFR the game, you can play multiplayer here too of course), and profile chat (which of course, you can find in your profile).

And yet again, I can't think of anything else.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 11-20-2008 at 08:23 PM..
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

That's very thoughtful and bold of you to publically express that you're infact happy with the growth of the site.

The Skill Token information can be found here. To unlock these songs, you need to accomplish the requirements that are bolded below each level. To navigate yourself to that page, simply click on "Skill Token" on the drop down menu of the "FFR the Game" bar.

Also, there's a different type of token that can be found here. These tokens are scattered throughout the site. Some have complex clues that you must follow in order to unlock certain songs. The Vertex Beta vROFL token is only obtained through placing in the Top 8 during the Official FFR Tournaments that are usually held in the summer. By the way, congratulations on placing in the Top 5 of the first tournament. To navigate yourself to that page, simply click on "Normal Tokens" on the drop down menu of the "FFR the Game" bar.

Since you're a tad new to the forums, I'd suggest that you read the stickies. For example, this one. If you already read them, it doesn't hurt to refresh yourself with them. Also, lightdarkness didn't create FFR. You're mistaking him for Synthlight.

Welcome back to FFR bertj!

EDIT: Freakin' [TeRa]...

Oh yea, use the "Edit" button found on the bottom right of your post.

EDIT2:

There's also been a new system called "Tier Points". In order to gain points, you must meet special requirements, like AAAing a song. Very Challenging-For Gurus Only (VC-FGO) are only included in this list. The purpose of this system is to achieve as many points possible. Once you achieve so many, you enter rankings. More information can be found here.

Take that [TeRa]!
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

Last edited by EAGAMES; 11-20-2008 at 08:30 PM..
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
[TeRa]
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairon View Post
Hey, what's wrong with a couple people trying to be friendly?

On the other hand, [TeRa] and EAG, it wouldn't kill you guys to be complete douchenozzles every once and a while.
There's never really anything to be a douche about over the forums -_-
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
PlaceboFX
FFR Player

This post was actually really helpful for me so thank you.
PlaceboFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #6
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

lol i created ffr
Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

lol u did
Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #8
Xeris
FFR Player

I actually thought that awhile back only because LD's names were on a ton of wallposts way back when.
Xeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i thought i created FFR. *cry*
Old 11-21-2008, 03:33 AM   #10
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

syntheticlightdarkness

ps welcome back.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
bertj
FFR Player

alright alright alright i blew that one...that sounds about right. is synth around still as well? I remember before I stopped that he was thinking about handing the site over at one time. Thanks for the replies btw. Much appreciated.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

Hahahahaha, who deleted my post?
That's pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:09 AM   #13
NumiGamer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
i thought i created FFR. *cry*
Well Tass, you're the only admin. we see in the forums, so you could probably head to the newb forum and tell everyone that you DID in fact create the site just to mess with them. lol
NumiGamer is offline   Reply With Quote