Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you had wisdom teeth surgery?
Yes. 1 pulled. 1 1.05%
Yes. 2 pulled. 8 8.42%
Yes. 3 pulled. 1 1.05%
Yes. 4 pulled. 30 31.58%
No. 55 57.89%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Parents sue after teen wisdom teeth surgery death

I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out during one surgery when I was 18 y/o right before I started college. It's scary when you hear "surgery" since it might carry risks during and/or after the surgery. Luckily I didn't have any complications. Unfortunately, there are those who are not so lucky.

Story.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Parents sue after teen wisdom teeth surgery death

Saw this on yahoo the other day. Sucks cause I know I need to get mine out and this is just one more article to make me not wanna do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #3
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

I never had mine removed because a) I had other teeth pulled when I was 10 and b) I am ****ing terrified of dentists and quit going to the dentist at age 17.

The paragraphs about unnecessary operations are somewhat true. The oral surgeries I had when I was ten were for "overcrowding" and the dentist told my mother and I that after these four teeth were removed (two on top, two on the bottom) that the others would shift into place. That happened on top, but not on the bottom, so now I have two holes where teeth should be. The dentists just wanted to make money, so they told my mom I needed the surgeries and she believed them.

It's so sad that this girl died because the surgeons weren't paying attention. I hope her parents win the lawsuit.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I've got to get my wisdom teeth pulled in a month.

**** you, abc news. :C
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
BethanyBangs
~
FFR Veteran

I have to get all 4 taken out apparently it's growing right next to my nerves
lul
But I've had oral surgery before, and gotten anesthesia. Dat is good stuff.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #6
Ickalanda
FFR Player

It's a preventive surgery for something that happens to 1% of the population, but we are subjected to a preventive surgery.

Go back 100 years and essentially nobody got their wisdom teeth removed, and there weren't horrendous widespread problems.

Not to say it shouldn't be done, but I am against preventive surgeries being pressured upon everyone (as the wisdom teeth deal is now, and the tonsil removal surgery was at one point in time).

I have a rare case where I have 6 wisdom teeth, my dentist immediately told me I had to have all of them removed immediately, they even went so far as to attempt to schedule an appointment for me with an oral surgeon to have them removed just upon seeing them in the x-ray images, to which I refused. They then went on to explain the dangers of keeping my wisdom teeth to me, and that by not removing them I am taking my future into my own hands. They then proceeded to show me multiple pictures of some insane, worst case scenarios where some guys lost like half their molars because of their wisdom teeth. This was one month after my 18th birthday.

I am now 21 years old, and after previous dentist appointments, and my extreme stubbornness and arguments that I have brought up to my dentist, they have now agreed with me that none of my six wisdom teeth are a danger to my dental health, and that I do not need to have them removed.

So basically my point is, while the surgery is fine for some cases, I am extremely against the extreme pressure that they are putting on people to get the surgery, and while I cannot confirm this, I believe a large part of it is just some sort of profit generating idea by forcing more surgeries to happen (dentists are generally paid a portion of the profit from a surgery if they referenced that oral surgeon).

Wisdom teeth removal has gotten to the point where people almost feel like it's just a stage in life that is supposed to happen to everybody, whenever this isn't actually the case at all.

In this case, the death probably could have happened in any other type of surgery as well, but I can almost guarantee the wisdom teeth removal wasn't necessary, or at least the problem wasn't life threatening.

My StarCraft II YouTube Channel!
Ickalanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:03 AM   #7
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

I had all 4 of mine taken out in the chair. No general anaesthetic, just a needle in the jaw... All within 5 months of each other. Overcrowding in my mouth and excess roots on my wisdoms.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #8
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Had all four of mine pulled like 3 months ago lol all at the same time and all they did was hit me with like 12 shots to numb me and grabbed them and yanked. How is that surgery?

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
supermousie
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to supermousie

My wisdom teeth haven't been pulled out; nor will they need to be.

I guess I'm lucky.

Last edited by supermousie; 12-18-2011 at 07:37 AM..
supermousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #10
DotKritic
Forum User

I was given not only anesthesia, but I was given a couple pills to take 30 minutes before my surgery to help me get sleepy.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #11
ghost-
Banned

had to get bottom 2 removed because they were going to hit a vein in my jaw. top 2 don't exist and i hope they never decide to show up.

went under with the whole, "count to 10". I got to 6 and then i woke up in the back of my car and my mom told me not to lay on my side. I then woke up on my couch much later and all I can remember is that I had thought my entire jaw had been removed, I just couldn't feel it lol
ghost- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
TheNoSoMan
FFR Player

Had four of mine taken out with an anesthetic through the IV. Woke up with a numb jaw after the surgery because they said I was moving too much.
TheNoSoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
DotKritic
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost- View Post
went under with the whole, "count to 10". I got to 6 and then i woke up in the back of my car and my mom told me not to lay on my side. I then woke up on my couch much later and all I can remember is that I had thought my entire jaw had been removed, I just couldn't feel it lol
Haha... I needed help getting to my dad's truck. I couldn't stand up on my own so my dad and a doc helped me up and walked me. When I got home, I went straight to the recliner and stayed there for a day or something (except to go to the restroom).

Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #14
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
Had all four of mine pulled like 3 months ago lol all at the same time and all they did was hit me with like 12 shots to numb me and grabbed them and yanked. How is that surgery?
Each situation is different, in my case I'd actually have to be knocked out and have surgery to extract them. For others the wisdom teeth can just be pulled with a local.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #15
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Don't have any removed because mine are still growing. My right upper wisdom tooth grew first but much later did my upper left wisdom tooth began protruding. Tell me, is it normal to get food bits stuck between your wisdom teeth?

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Ghakimx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
PlayTrumpet
Lamingtons.
FFR Veteran

Had all 4 pulled under general. All I remember is them putting those sticky things on my ankles and saying they'll try to take them off before I wake up (because I have hairy legs). And then I remember them taking them off while I was waking up but still numbed.

It was my choice to have them taken out because one of them had been pushing on my gum and it was hurting. I didn't want any of them to become infected or cause more discomfort and since my mouth is very small, the dentist and oral surgeon agreed that I should have all four removed.

My experience was probably the most common with luckily very few negative aspects. The first few hours I was home from the surgery were the worst. Changing gauze, wanting the blood to clot. After that I was very careful and lived on a liquid diet for a week - vanilla ensures and chocolate slimfasts. They helped me get my pills down.

I didn't brush with that weird orange paste stuff, or finish even half of my antibiotic regimen, but I didn't get dry socket or any other infection because I was careful and clean. My sister, who got her teeth out a week later, got dry socket, and I laughed quietly in her pain.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #17
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

My wisdom teeth are still coming out
Old 12-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #18
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Scary...

I only needed my upper wisdom teeth removed, my dentist didn't pressure me at all to remove any of them though but when I asked about it he said only the upper ones would be ok to pull out.

My brother is getting his pulled out soon... but I think he's one of those rare cases that they in fact do need to be pulled out because his mouth is too small. His teeth have been a problem since he was a kid... he's been going in and out of the dentist/orthodontist for like 10+ years now
Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #19
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

All 4 removed. I had two partially impacted wisdom teeth on the bottom causing sporadic and minor discomfort, my top teeth were fine but we decided **** it, yank em all anyway.

My wisdom teeth experience was ****ing incredible. I went into the dentists office scared witless, they gave me some nitrous or whatever and then an IV. I woke up shortly after the operation finished and walked myself out of the office to the car, felt nearly no pain or discomfort, didn't take any of the hydrocodone they prescribed (just some regular old OTC motrin), and was eating solid foods before the week was over.

Honestly one of the best dental experiences I've EVER had. Nothing but icecream, milkshakes, and video games.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 12-18-2011 at 07:48 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I am being completely 100% serious, I had all 4 wisdoms taken out, and it was one of the best times I ever had.
The dentist was such a pro, I never had ANY swelling after, he let me listen to Numb by linken park on my ipod the entire time(Oh the irony), and I had a bet with the assistant that I wouldnt giggle at all from the laughing gas. Oh god was I wrong. Best stuff ever.

I literally after 20 minutes thought I was an assassin in maple story and felt like I was wandering around killing everything.

I would do it again and again.