Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad
Default Re: Team Pokemon

I might make an instrumental video. Who knows
Old 07-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #422
Samwais
Mysterious. . . .
FFR Veteran

I was kinda pumped for doing this but i realized i don't have any way to upload any video i might record because lolphone and no wlan or usb cable ;__;
Samwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #423
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

cubone siggy would be awesome. Don't have any credits, but hey. I'm giving you signature making experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #424
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I swear I drew this..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i swear i drew this.jpg (41.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #425
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

craptop mic + my voice = this abomination ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #426
ryuyasha
Rhythm is Magic
FFR Veteran

Ah congrats. I was hoping someone else would join the fun. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
No matter what tournament you play it's likely you're going to come across something you don't like or are very bad at. If you want to get into the competitive side of FFR you need to learn how to deal with and overcome these songs/charts.
ryuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #427
{Zero}
Oh why hello!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to {Zero}

Team Pokemon Leadership Positions:

Event Coordinator:*cough cough*
The Event Coordinator (EC) title is given to veteran user(s). Requirements include being active for at least 3/7 days of the week, checking Team Threads , and making sure everyone on the team feels welcome. The EC's main goal to organize, vocalize, and criticize suggestions. This user will post threads labeled [Poke Event] ~Event Name~

Pokemaster:
The Pokemaster (Pm) title is given to one veteran member of the team, although can be obtained by any user. To get the title of Pm you must challenge the current Pm via FFR Challenge; Pm can only accept five challenges a week. If the challenging user wins he/she is declared the Pm title and is recognized on the Team Pokemon main post. To eliminate excessive challenges you must, put in a price of 1,000 FFR Credits. Pm will not accept the same users challenge more than once a week, and must follow challenge queue before repeating another user. Screen shot proof can be used if current Pm does not admit he lost or is inactive.
{Zero} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #428
pikakirby123
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Zero} View Post

The Event Coordinator (EC) title is given to veteran user(s). Requirements include being active for at least 3/7 days of the week, checking Team Threads , and making sure everyone on the team feels welcome. The EC's main goal to organize, vocalize, and criticize suggestions. This user will post threads labeled [Poke Event] ~Event Name~

Pokemaster:
The Pokemaster (Pm) title is given to one veteran member of the team, although can be obtained by any user. To get the title of Pm you must challenge the current Pm via FFR Challenge; Pm can only accept five challenges a week. If the challenging user wins he/she is declared the Pm title and is recognized on the Team Pokemon main post. To eliminate excessive challenges you must, put in a price of 1,000 FFR Credits. Pm will not accept the same users challenge more than once a week, and must follow challenge queue before repeating another user. Screen shot proof can be used if current Pm does not admit he lost or is inactive.

I can't haz vet yet. qq

Dossar's Video Game Tournament - 1st Place D1B
Popsicle_3000's Spring Spectacular - 1st Place D1
Tournament of Eternity (May) - 1st Place D1
RuGuru's Keyboard Smashing Tournament - 1st Place D2
Tournament of Eternity (June) - 1st Place D2
pikakirby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #429
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:

Pokemaster:
I like these ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #430
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Event coordinator should simply be a single person or a small team picked by only the leaders to coordinate events, although it wouldn't be bad idea to have one.

The Pokemaster idea though I don't like, as the Challenge system means only playing on the Legacy engine, which a lot of people can't play on very well, especially me, as the only noteskin I can play with is Beatmania, it would also be severely unfair as it would just end up being the D6 players holding the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #431
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
We don't really need specific positions for tasks that pretty much any member of this group is encouraged to do. To keep this team active, we ask everybody to participate: that includes welcoming others or make and criticize suggestions on events. It's a group task that everyone should partake in!

Quote:
Pokemaster:
This, on the other hand, seems interesting. Just to clarify, are you referring to challenges on FFR games, or Pokemon challenges (Pokemon Online or an actual game)? The latter seems more sensible according to the title you're suggesting, but then again, you may be referring to playing FFR when you state "FFR Challenge". Either way, I like the idea.
@Zak: Then don't challenge the "Pokemaster"; let other able users do it. This can be just one of many things going on a routine basis in this group. People who do participate in this however should be confident in their playing abilities and game settings that optimizes their performance. This idea never forces anybody to challenge the Pokemaster; it's completely optional.

Let's see what Reshiram has to say.

Last edited by bmah; 07-20-2012 at 11:09 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #432
{Zero}
Oh why hello!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to {Zero}

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
We don't really need specific positions for tasks that pretty much any member of this group is encouraged to do. To keep this team active, we ask everybody to participate: that includes welcoming others or make and criticize suggestions on events. It's a group task that everyone should partake in!
I definetely agree with you bmah. I also feel like putting credit wagers in the challenges is great because it encourages players to want to be the pokemaster because that person has several opportunities to earn some credits.

P.S How do I get one of those pokemon banners?

Last edited by {Zero}; 07-20-2012 at 11:40 PM..
{Zero} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #433
bmah
shots FIRED

Yep, incentive is the key to help people participate. Admit it; true passion alone isn't going to keep this group going haha. Incentives are necessary!

For banners, ask someone like Cold Kitten or Charu. Charu has been pumping a lot of the banners out lately.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #434
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Quote:
@Zak: Then don't challenge the "Pokemaster"; let other able users do it. This can be just one of many things going on a routine basis in this group. People who do participate in this however should be confident in their playing abilities and game settings that optimizes their performance. This idea never forces anybody to challenge the Pokemaster; it's completely optional
It's not really about me not being able to participate, there are a pretty large amount of people who play strictly on the Velocity engine, and there should be a way for all players to be able to participate.

One idea I have is maybe there could be a weekly/monthly mini-tournament of sorts that everyone could be allowed to play in for a shot at the title and a handful of credits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #435
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I'm with Zak on the Pokemaster thing being an interesting idea but probably not really working out so well. Like he said, my main concern is the fact that all it takes is one high D5 player or a D6 player taking the title to completely end the idea for anyone under that skill level.. Not saying a D5/6 player couldn't be beaten in a challenge, but it's not really something a D3 player is likely to accomplish. Interesting idea though, we could always try it.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #436
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Maybe have it like a division thing?

Level 1-8, 1 being the lowest and 8 the highest? I think this would satisfy people who are concerned with high skilled players beating up constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #437
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Maybe have it like a division thing?

Level 1-8, 1 being the lowest and 8 the highest? I think this would satisfy people who are concerned with high skilled players beating up constantly.
Or we can just change it to "GYM LEADERS".

And go off that.
Having all team members with a 'type' of poke'mon for each leader or something.

ex: I would be fighting for the fire gym leader.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #438
bmah
shots FIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
I'm with Zak on the Pokemaster thing being an interesting idea but probably not really working out so well. Like he said, my main concern is the fact that all it takes is one high D5 player or a D6 player taking the title to completely end the idea for anyone under that skill level.. Not saying a D5/6 player couldn't be beaten in a challenge, but it's not really something a D3 player is likely to accomplish. Interesting idea though, we could always try it.
Hmm, perhaps there can be 2-3 Pokemasters covering 2-3 divisions? Or even one Pokemaster per division? A D2 player challenging the D2 Pokemaster for instance. And perhaps if the D2 challenges a higher-division Pokemaster and wins he/she can upgrade to become a Pokemaster of a higher division. It doesn't have to be a one-for-all thing where inevitably a winner would probably be a highly-skilled D6 player.
It would change the scope of {Zero}'s original idea, but how about that to help even out the odds?

edit: Charu is pretty much echoing this idea.

That wasn't Zak's main concern though. His main concern was that the option for Challenges are restricted to one type of engine. Perhaps this idea will become viable in the future if that mode becomes available in both engines.

OR, if you can think of a way to present a challenge without the use of the Challenge feature, go for it. Zak has an alternative I'm open to:

Quote:
One idea I have is maybe there could be a weekly/monthly mini-tournament of sorts that everyone could be allowed to play in for a shot at the title and a handful of credits?

@Frank Munoz: that would be pretty fun and relevant to this team, if you want to rename divisions to that sort of thing.

Last edited by bmah; 07-21-2012 at 01:03 AM..
Old 07-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #439
Fluvs
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
Or we can just change it to "GYM LEADERS".

And go off that.
Having all team members with a 'type' of poke'mon for each leader or something.

ex: I would be fighting for the fire gym leader.
this idea is amazing
Old 07-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #440
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
@Frank Munoz: that would be pretty fun and relevant to this team, if you want to rename divisions to that sort of thing.
Yes, yes i do.

I would also be vsing u for fire gym~
anyways. If this idea does take off, I'd be nice if we could change the op to divide the 'team members' into their respective 'types'.

Also, those with double types... h.. uh. I'm not sure. I guess they get to choose what 'gym' they want to challenge.