Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus
Default Hasn't been a day since the new pope was elected and we already have to witness this.

http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/crona...a-polita.shtml

Right now only in italian, but i don't doubt international journalism will cover it soon. The new pope is yet another anachronistic bigot. Take a look at some of his stances.

"Gay marriage is a sign of the Devil; it is a devastating attack at God's plans"

"Women are naturally inept for political tasks. Natural disposition and history taught us that man is the ultimate politician; the Scriptures prove us that women have always been supporting man't thinking and creating activites, but nothing more than that."

Can't wait to hear more gems from the newly elected pope.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Hasn't been a day since the new pope was elected and we already have to witness t

He's a jesuit, you're surprised?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Hasn't been a day since the new pope was elected and we already have to witness t

the vatican

where being progressive means that you elect another old guy but from a different continent
Old 03-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

He's Italian. He just grew up in Argentina. He's the least south american person in all of south america.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

To be fair gay marriage goes completely against the Catholic creed. It's actually slightly impressive to see a figurehead standing up for what his scripture actually teaches.

No idea where the women thing is coming from though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post

"Gay marriage is a sign of the Devil; it is a devastating attack at God's plans"

"Women are naturally inept for political tasks. Natural disposition and history taught us that man is the ultimate politician; the Scriptures prove us that women have always been supporting man't thinking and creating activites, but nothing more than that."

Can't wait to hear more gems from the newly elected pope.
Can you provide counter-arguments to these statements, then?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Counterargument 1: God and the Devil are made up. Nothing is their plan because they aren't real.

Guess I don't really need a second one.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Oh boy, here we go again.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Ok, I'll try again less confrontationally:

If the goal of the Devil was to destroy the church and turn people away, the best thing he could do would be to be responsible for the church backlash AGAINST gay marriage etc, not the movement FOR it. Nothing has turned more people away from the church than the absurd conservatism that is decades behind the time, and shows modern young catholics that the church is utterly out of touch with their generation and what their generation feels and thinks and wants.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
To be fair gay marriage goes completely against the Catholic creed.
And to be even fairer, gay marriage is kind of (that means UTTERLY!! ^-^) a jackoff issue compared to stuff like climate change, energy scarcity, and ocean acidification, and people whose lives revolve around debating it need to be kicked in the teeth, especially politicians and religious leaders.

Gays you are perfectly fine but go be gay somewhere other than the news or the vatican. You're distracting people from important things.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MracY View Post
Can you provide counter-arguments to these statements, then?

gay haters aren't welcome here

also mike you may want to re-think what you just said
Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #12
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
And to be even fairer, gay marriage is kind of (that means UTTERLY!! ^-^) a jackoff issue compared to stuff like climate change, energy scarcity, and ocean acidification, and people whose lives revolve around debating it need to be kicked in the teeth, especially politicians and religious leaders.

Gays you are perfectly fine but go be gay somewhere other than the news or the vatican. You're distracting people from important things.
What the literal fuck am I reading
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netjet! View Post
What the literal fuck am I reading
Someone's surprised that someone actually pointed out an unimportant topic is unimportant. How uncommon.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Gay people. Distracting people from the important issues since always.

Eff off gays. Your bizarre ideas of equality are insignificant. Especially when there's so much important stuff like climate change and oceans and stuff. There's no way we can deal with more than one issue at a time.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
To be fair gay marriage goes completely against the Catholic creed. It's actually slightly impressive to see a figurehead standing up for what his scripture actually teaches.

I, for one, am severely unimpressed.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
FFRN00B90210
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post

thinkin this is a troll tho
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #18
FFRN00B90210
Banned

l mfao thats a great image
Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

Quote:

This. I'll back you up here.

9/10 stuff like this just comes up because someone wanted to have a reason to freak out because the Pope is ultra conservative. I basically imagine it going something like this

Dickweed Progressive: (to Pope) So you are saying you are against homosexuality?
Pope: Yes...
Dickweed Progressive: And you believe this because it is written in your holy text?
Pope: Yes...
Dickweed Progressive: And your holy text says that evil is a result of the Devil?
Pope: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Dickweed Progressive: Alright that's all I need. (walks home to mail in "findings" for print)

Headlines the next day: "Pope says gay people are the children of the Devil and that evil is at the heart of the liberal agenda!"

I mean, really. People need to stop being shocked about this stuff. For hundreds of years Catholicism has claimed to be against homosexuality. It is in their text. But because it's an issue for other people now, those people feel the need to freak out about the things the Pope says.

And no. I'm not saying "If you've been doing it for so long, it must be ok. I mean after all, the Earth is flat." I'm saying stop expecting the Pope to make statements that are any different than this.

As for women, I get where he is coming from, but really though, that's a pretty bogus interpretation of the Bible.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Ok, I'll try again less confrontationally:

If the goal of the Devil was to destroy the church and turn people away, the best thing he could do would be to be responsible for the church backlash AGAINST gay marriage etc, not the movement FOR it. Nothing has turned more people away from the church than the absurd conservatism that is decades behind the time, and shows modern young catholics that the church is utterly out of touch with their generation and what their generation feels and thinks and wants.
I don't see the logic of trying to show the intentions of a possible devil. My question's purpose was to gauge Mollo's understanding of the fundament of the issues.

Most people can see that this apparant pope's statement taken at face value is nonsense. The core meaning underneath, however, is roughly a statement that gay marriage should not be allowed, because it is against nature.

One could find arguments for this. It would take a decent intellectual effort to elegantly discredit it without relying on intuition or a fundamental belief. In doing so, you would be showing you have an understanding of the actual worth of liberal values.
Closed Thread